Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly Current affairs pdf.
November – 02 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which state government celebrated Children’s week between November 8 and 14?
Answer: A) Maharashtra
|November 2||All Souls’ Day|
|November 2||International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists|
2. Shane Watson announces retirement from all forms of Cricket. He is related to which team in IPL 2020?
A) Rajasthan Royals
B) Kings XI Punjab
C) Kolkata Knight Riders
D) Chennai Super Kings
Answer: D) Chennai Super Kings
Shane Watson -retirement from all forms of Cricket.
3. Which organisation doctors have been featured in World Rankings of ‘top 2% scientists in India’ created by Stanford University?
A) AIIMS Delhi
D) AIIMS Bangalore
Answer: B) PGIMER
Ten Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) doctors, five serving and five retired, have been featured in World Rankings of ‘top 2% scientists in India’, the medical institution
PGIMER – World Rankings of ‘top 2% scientists in India’ created by Stanford University.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. RBI to extend trading hours to 3:30 pm from which time?
A) 3 pm
B) 12 pm
C) 1 pm
D) 2 pm
Answer: D) 2 pm
RBI – extend trading hours to 3:30 pm from 2 pm.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
5. RBI allowed banks time till 15 December to comply with its guidelines on opening of current accounts. Current account is also called as which name?
A) Window Account
B) Demand Deposit Account
C) Senior Account
D) Legend Account
Answer: B) Demand Deposit Account
Current Bank Account:
- Current bank account is opened by businessmen who have a higher number of regular transactions with the bank.
- It includes deposits, withdrawals, and contra transactions.
- It is also known as Demand Deposit Account. Current account can be opened in co-operative bank and commercial bank.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. According to Redseer Consulting report, India home healthcare industry to hit $11-13 billion by which year?
Answer: D) 2025
The home healthcare industry in India is expected to continue growing at 15-19 per cent a year to touch $11-13 billion by 2025 from $5.4 billion currently, a Redseer Consulting report.
Redseer Consulting – India home healthcare industry to hit $11-13 billion by 2025.
ACQUISTIONS AND MERGERS
7. ASM Technologies has acquired the India offshore delivery centre of Semcon. What is headquarters of Semcon?
A) Washington D.C., USA
B) Tokyo, Japan
C) Manila, The Philippines
D) Gothenburg, Sweden
Answer: D) Gothenburg, Sweden
ASM Technologies – acquired the India offshore delivery centre of Semcon.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
8. A book named Till We Win is authored by whom?
A) Randeep Guleria
B) Manbeena Sandhu
C) Rhonda Byrne
D) Ramachandra Guha
Answer: A) Randeep Guleria
|Insomnia: Keep Your Eyes Open||Ravi Subramanian, Jigs Ashar|
|Till We Win||Randeep Guleria + Chandrakant Lahariya + Gagandeep Kang||Penguin Random House India|
9. Priyanca Radhakrishnan becomes first-ever Indian-origin minister of which country?
B) New Zealand
Answer: B) New Zealand
Priyanca Radhakrishnan – first-ever Indian-origin minister of New Zealand.
Capital : Wellington
Currency : New Zealand Dollar
10. Aditya Puri appointed as a senior adviser in Asia for Carlyle Group. He served as CEO of which bank?
A) HDFC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Federal Bank
Answer: A) HDFC Bank
Aditya Puri – Senior adviser in Asia for Carlyle Group.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Which IIT develops online game to create COVID awareness?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Guwahati
D) IIT Delhi
Answer: A) IIT Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) have developed a digital game ‘IITM COVID Game’ to create awareness about COVID-19 virus among the general public, particularly children.
- Apart from English, the game is already available in 12 languages – Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil and Telugu.
- The game is available free of cost and can be played from the home page of www.letsplaytolearn.com’. It is also available in the website of IIT Madras.
IIT Madras – digital game ‘IITM COVID Game’ to create awareness about COVID-19 virus.
12. First phase of four-nation Malabar naval exercise from 3-6 November in Bay of Bengal. This year is which edition?
Answer: C) 24
Phase 1 of the exercise Malabar 20 involving participation by Indian Navy (IN), United States Navy (USN), Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF), and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) is set to commence off Visakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal from 3-6 November, 2020.
India + US + Japan + Australia – The 24th edition of the Malabar naval exercise – Visakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal.
13. Software Technology Parks of India launched venture capital fund to support startups & entrepreneurs. This organisation is an Autonomous Society set up by which Ministry?
B) Health Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) Finance Ministry
Answer: A) Meity
The Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is going to set up a ₹100-crore fund of funds to provide financial support to startups.
Software Technology Parks of India – launch a VC fund to support start-ups.
Law and Justice, Communications and Electronics and Information Technology:
Minister : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Constituency :Patna Sahib, Bihar
14. TransUnion CIBIL in partnership with which Ministry has launched MSME Credit Health Index to provide a measure of the growth and strength of the MSME sector in India?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
C) Home Ministry
D) MSME Ministry
Answer: B) Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
TransUnion CIBIL+ MoSPI = launch MSME Credit Health Index.
Statistics and Programme Implementation and Planning:
Ministry : Rao Inderjit Singh
Constituency : Gurgaon, Haryana
15. Which state government to ban sale of fireworks due to Coronavirus crisis?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Rajasthan
Rajasthan – to ban sale of fireworks due to Coronavirus crisis.
Capital : Jaipur
CM : Ashok Gehlot
Governor : Kalraj Mishra
16. The Maharashtra Government signed MoUs worth ₹34,850 crore with how many companies under the Magnetic Maharashtra initiative?
Answer: C) 15
Maharashtra – MoUs worth ₹34,850 crore with 15 companies.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
17. L&T has bagged construction package of the bullet train project for an estimated value of ₹7,000 crore. What is headquarters of L&T?
A) Hyderabad, Telangana
B) Bangalore, Karnataka
C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Pune, Maharashtra
Answer: C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Recently, the EPC major emerged as the lowest bidder at ₹24,985 crore for constructing the 237.1 km under Package C4 of the 508.17 km MAHSR corridor.
L&T – construction package of the bullet train project for an estimated value of ₹7,000 crore.
18. Assam CM lays foundation stone of Indo-Israeli Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation near which place?
Answer: A) Guwahati
The Rs. 10.33-crore project is expected to bolster the agricultural activities in the state by providing exposure to latest Israeli technologies.
Assam – lays foundation stone of Indo-Israeli Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation near Guwahati.
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi