Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Tuberculosis Day is observed on which date?
A) 25th March
B) 26th March
C) 27th March
D) 24th March
E) 28th March
Answer: D) 24th March
World TB Day:
- Each year, we recognize World TB Day on March 24.
- This annual event commemorates the date in 1882 when Dr. Robert Koch announced his discovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacillus that causes tuberculosis (TB).
- World TB Day is a day to educate the public about the impact of TB around the world.
- CDC, along with our partners and colleagues around the world share successes in TB prevention and control and raise awareness of the challenges that hinder our progress toward the elimination of this devastating disease.
- This year, the Stop TB Partnership external icon has selected “The Clock is Ticking” as the 2021 theme.
186th Raising Day of Assam Rifles on 24th March:
- The Assam Rifles is the oldest paramilitary force of India, dating back to 1835 under the British Raj, raised under the name Cachar Levy.
- The present name of “Assam Rifles” has been used since 1917.
- Over the course of its history, the Assam Rifles have served in a number of roles, conflicts and theatres including World War I, where they served in Europe and the Middle East, and World War II, where they served mainly in Burma.
- After the Chinese annexation of Tibet, the Assam Rifles were tasked with manning the Tibet border of Assam Himalayan region.
- They were also instrumental in maintaining law and order in the tribal
2. Girl Gang has been announced as the official song of the 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup. The tournament is set to be hosted in which country?
Answer: B)New Zealand
- Girl Gang, a track by New Zealand singer Gin Wigmore, has been announced as the official song of the 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup.
- The tournament is set to be hosted in New Zealand from March 4 to April 3, 2022.
‘Girl Gang’ – official song of ICC Women’s World Cup 2022.
3. Which country Legends beat Sri Lanka Legends in Road Safety World Series T-20?
- In Cricket, India Legends defeated Sri Lanka Legends by 14 runs in the final of Road Safety World Series to clinch the title at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Sachin Tendulkar, captain of the India Legends, finished the tournament as the third-highest run-getter in the tournament.
- India Legends – beat Sri Lanka Legends in Road Safety World Series T-20.
4. Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum passed away. He was related to which country?
- The United Arab Emirates finance minister and the deputy ruler of the emirate of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has died.
Sheikh Hamdan – UAE finance minister and Dubai deputy ruler
5. George Segal passed away. He was related to which field?
- George Segal, the banjo player turned actor who was nominated for an Oscar for 1966’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’, and starred in the ABC sitcom ‘The Goldbergs’,’ died.
- He was the last surviving credited member of the tiny cast, all four of whom were nominated for Academy Awards: Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton for starring roles, Sandy Dennis and Segal for supporting performances.
George Segal – the banjo player turned actor who starred in ‘Virginia Woolf’ and ‘Goldbergs’.
6. Julie Pomagalski passed away. She was related to which sports?
Answer: B) Snowboarder
- Julie Pomagalski, a former Olympic snowboarder from France, has died.
- Pomagalski competed in the parallel giant slalom at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics and the 2006 Turin Games.
- She won gold in the snowboard cross at the world championships in 1999.
Julie Pomagalski – Olympic snowboarder.
BANKING AND FINANCE
7. Aquaconnect has partnered with insurance service provider Alliance Insurance Brokers for an insurance programme for shrimp farmers. This partnership will benefit 1.5 lakh shrimp farmers across India. What is the headquarters of Aquaconnect?
A)Chennai, Tamil Nadu
B) Tokyo, Japan
D)Kolkata, West Bengal
Answer: A)Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Aquaculture tech firm Aquaconnect has partnered with insurance service provider Alliance Insurance Brokers for an insurance programme for shrimp farmers.
- This partnership will benefit 1.5 lakh shrimp farmers across India.
- Under this partnership, Aquaconnect will provide risk management services to the insurance partners which include farm data collection, ground validation by aquaculture officers and AquaCRED dashboard support.
- The partnership aims at making comprehensive insurance available for shrimp farmers to mitigate weather and disease-related challenges.
- In addition to this, farmers will also get an Aquaconnect farm advisory app and options to buy high-quality inputs (feed, healthcare products & farm equipment) from the Aquaconnect platform.
Aquaconnect + Alliance Insurance Brokers – An insurance programme for shrimp farmers.
8. Which Bank launches ‘IOB Trendy’ savings account for millennials?
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) launched ‘IOB Trendy’, a savings account customised for the growing millennial population in the country by keeping their banking preferences in mind.
- For opening an IOB Trendy account, a customer needs to be within the age bracket of 21 – 38 years. The account may be self or jointly operated.
- There is no ‘Opening Balance’ requirement for IOB Trendy. So, no charges will be levied for the first month for non-maintenance of balance.
- However, IOB Trendy customers need to maintain a daily minimum balance of ₹10,000 or a daily minimum balance of ₹5,000 and a digital turnover (transactions using IOB ATM / CDM / IOB Mobile Banking or Internet Banking fund transfer / IOB UPI transactions or IOB Debit card POS transactions) of minimum of ₹20,000 per month.
- The millennial-focused account also offers features like online application submission facility, free personalised accident (death) insurance cover of ₹5 lakh if the quarterly average balance is ₹1 lakh and above, auto-sweep facility, when the balance exceeds ₹50,000 among others.
Indian Overseas Bank:
Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
CEO: Partha Pratim Sengupta
Tagline : Good People to Grow With
Indian Overseas Bank – ‘IOB Trendy’ savings account for millennials
9. Which Bank launches instant EMI facility on net banking for high value transactions?
Answer: E)ICICI Bank
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank has launched an instant EMI facility on its internet banking platform.
- Called ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’, the facility would allow pre-approved customers to convert high-value transactions up to ₹5 lakh into easy monthly instalments (EMIs).
- The bank has tied up with BillDesk and Razorpay to offer the facility.
- It has been enabled for over 1,000 merchants in categories like online shopping portals, insurance, travel, education- school fees and electronic chains.
- Customers can make purchases for amounts between ₹50,000 to ₹5 lakh and select the tenure of their choice three months, six months, nine months and 12 months.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
ICICI Bank – instant EMI facility on net banking for high value transactions.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
10. My Experiments with Silence is authored by whom?
A) Samir Soni
B) Suresh Soni
C) Sekar Soni
D) Sankar Soni
E) Sathish Soni
Answer: A) Samir Soni
My Experiments with Silence – Authored by Samir Soni – Published by OM Books International.
11. Danish Red Cross launches world’s first valcano cat bond. In which of the following country Danish Red cross headquarters situated?
Answer: D) Denmark
- The Danish Red Cross has launched a catastrophe bond for volcano-related disasters with the support of several financial firms, the groups said, adding it was the first of its kind.
- The $3 million bond will enable the disaster relief agency to get aid quickly to those suffering following the eruption of 10 named volcanoes, in Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Indonesia and Mexico.
- Catastrophe bonds offer investors high yields, but do not pay out if a named catastrophe occurs.
- They typically cover areas prone to hurricanes and typhoons.
- The Danish Red Cross worked with insurance group Howden, with risk modelling by Mitiga Solutions and blockchain technology from Replexus.
Danish Red Cross – volcano catastrophe bond.
12. Government forms how many committees to drive india to a circular Economy?
- The key to an aatmanirbhar Bharat is sustainable growth.
- The need of the hour is a development model that leads to the optimum utilization of resources.
- With a growing population, rapid urbanization, climate change and environmental pollution, India must move towards a circular economy.
- An economic approach aimed at eliminating waste and the continual use of resources, circular economy offers a new paradigm that emphasizes on the need to take a comprehensive view of products and processes.
- Our production systems must adopt practices around the principles of circular economy so that they not only reduce resource dependency but also gain competitiveness.
- A circular economy path adopted by India could bring in substantial annual benefits, along with significant reduction in congestion and pollution, which would consequently have a snowball effect on the economy.
- Our ability to maximize our resource efficiency, minimize the consumption of finite resources as well as the impetus to the emergence of new business models and entrepreneurial ventures will spur our transition towards self-reliance.
- To expedite the transition of the country from a linear to a circular economy, 11 committees have been formed—to be led by the concerned line ministries and comprising officials from MoEFCC and NITI Aayog, domain experts, academics and industry representatives—for 11 focus areas (Annexure 1).
- The committees will prepare comprehensive action plans for transitioning from a linear to a circular economy in their respective focus areas.
- They will also carry out the necessary modalities to ensure the effective implementation of their findings and recommendations.
- The focus areas include 11 end-of-life products/recyclable materials/wastes that either continue to pose considerable challenges or are emerging as new challenge areas that must be addressed in a holistic manner.
|S. No.||Focus Area||Concerned Line Ministry|
|1||Municipal Solid Waste and Liquid Waste||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|2||Scrap Metal (Ferrous and Non-Ferrous)||Ministry of Steel|
|3||Electronic Waste||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|4||Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Batteries||NITI Aayog|
|6||Gypsum||Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade|
|7||Toxic and Hazardous Industrial Waste||Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals|
|8||Used Oil Waste||Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas|
|9||Agriculture Waste||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare|
|10||Tyre and Rubber Recycling||Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade|
|11||End-of-life Vehicles (ELVs)||Ministry of Road Transport and Highways|
Government – Form 11 Committees to drive india to a circular Economy.
13. Which state announced the launch of SAAMAR (Strategic Action for Alleviation of Malnutrition and Anemia Reduction) campaign to tackle malnutrition in the state?
- The Jharkhand government announced the launch of SAAMAR (Strategic Action for Alleviation of Malnutrition and Anemia Reduction) campaign to tackle malnutrition in the state.
- The campaign aims to identify anemic women and malnourished children and converge various departments to effectively deal with the problem in a state where malnutrition has been a major problem.
- The recent Economic Survey quoted The Comprehensive National Nutrition Survey conducted in the state during March 2017 to July 2017 stating that based on the sample data, 36% of under five years of age are stunted—height for age, 29% are affected from Wasting—weight for height, and 45% are underweight—weight for age, indicating the status of undernutrition.
Capital : Ranchi
CM: Hemant Soren
Governor : Draupadi Murmu
Jharkhand – SAAMAR campaign to fight malnutrition in the state.
14. Which state has decided to set up “India’s first government-run ambulance network” for animals?
Answer: C)Andhra Pradesh
- To further boost the animal husbandry and veterinary sector in Andhra Pradesh, the state government has now decided to set up “India’s first government-run ambulance network” for animals.
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has made one of its main missions to help reach out to the distressed animals and provide them with proper animal healthcare.
- A total of 175 mobile ambulances (veterinary) clinics will be placed at Assembly Constituency Level on the lines of 108 Services for providing Veterinary services at the doorstep.
- These mobile ambulances shall provide veterinary first aid services along with spot diagnosis and attending to emergency cases. One of the major facilities these ambulances will provide is the ‘Hydraulic Lift’ facility to lift animals and shift them to the nearest Government Veterinary Facility in case of emergency.
Capital : Visakhapatnam (executive), Amaravati (legislative), Kurnool (judicial)
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Andhra Pradesh – launch India’s first govt run ambulance network for animals.
15. Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Vajra’,the sixth offshore patrol vessel to enhance coastal security, was formally commissioned into service. It is built by which company?
E)L & T
Answer: E)L & T
- Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Vajra’, the sixth offshore patrol vessel to enhance coastal security, was formally commissioned into service.
- At an event to mark the commissioning of the ship, Chief of Defence staff General Bipin Rawat formally unveiled a ‘plaque’ and the ship’s name board ‘Vajra’ meaning ‘Thunderbolt’ at the Chennai Port Trust.
- The ship was indigenously designed and built by Larsen and Toubro Ship building Ltd.
Sixth in the series of seven offshore patrol vessels, Vajra is fitted with highly sophisticated navigation and communication systems.
- The ship has a 30mm gun as main armament and equipped with 2 FCS controlled 12.7 mm SRCG (Stabilised Remote Controlled Gun) for enhanced fighting efficiency.
- The ship is designed to carry one twin engine helicopter with night flying capabilities and also four high speed boats, two rigid hull inflatable boats for taking up search and rescue, law enforcement and maritime patrolling.
Larsen and Toubro Ship building Ltd – Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Vajra’ commissioned; to enhance coastal security.
16. Which UT achieves 100% Functional Household Tap Connection coverage under Jal Jeevan Mission?
A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
E)Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt. Governor Admiral D K Joshi declared that the UT achieved 100 percent Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) coverage in Islands.
- With this, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands becomes the third state/UT in the country to achieve the target after Goa and Telangana under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- The connections were provided at 266 villages located in 9 blocks in all the three districts.
- All the schools, Anganwadi centers and sub-centers have also been covered under this.
- The Chief Secretary Jitendra Narain said that this achievement is the result of contribution and co-ordination of various departments of A& N Administration working under the mission.
- Under the mission, the administration is planning to have a pond with a fish at every household in the islands besides water harvesting.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
Capital: Port Blair
Lt Governor: Admiral D K Joshi
Andaman & Nicobar – 100% Functional Household Tap Connection coverage under Jal Jeevan Mission.
17. Which state launched ‘Mera Mask Meri Suraksha’ campaign urged the citizens to wear masks and follow all Covid-19 protocols?
Answer: C)Madhya Pradesh
- After launching the ‘Mera Mask Meri Suraksha’ campaign in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan urged the citizens to wear masks and follow all Covid-19 protocols.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh – ‘Mera Mask Meri Suraksha’ campaign.
18. Which Minister has e-launched the National Portal for Transgender persons which was attended by several members of Transgender community?
C) Social Justice & Empowerment Minister
D) Power and new and renewable energy Minister
E) Labour and Employment Minister
Answer: C) Social Justice & Empowerment Minister
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has e-launched the National Portal for Transgender persons which was attended by several members of Transgender community.
- A detailed presentation and a short film on the Portal was also made at the Inauguration.
- National Council for Transgender Persons of which Transgender persons from different parts of the country are members have also witnessed the launch.
- Awareness about National Portal was also done in social media as well as in different forums attended by Transgender persons and others.
- Ministry has also written to all States/UTs and District Magistrates/Collectors to publicize National Portal for Transgender Persons.
Social Justice and Empowerment:
Minister : Thawar Chand Gehlot
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment – National Portal FOR Transgender Persons.