Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 16 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Dhana Lakshmi is related to which sports?
D) High Jump
Answer: E) Athlete
- Federation Cup Athletics 2021, 100 metre women’s final:
|1st Rank||Dhana Lakshmi|
Federation Cup Athletics 2021 – Dhanalakshmi to win 100-m gold.
2. The ICC bans Mohammad Naveed for how many years to fix matches in the T20 World Cup qualifier in 2019?
Answer: A) 8
- The ICC slapped eight-year bans on United Arab Emirates (UAE) cricketers Mohammad Naveed and Shaiman Anwar Butt for their alleged role in trying to fix matches in the T20 World Cup qualifier in 2019.
- The bans are backdated to October 16, 2019, when they were provisionally suspended for attempting to corrupt matches and found guilty of breaching global body’s Anti-Corruption Code.
HQ: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Chairman: Greg Barclay
ICC – Ban UAE players Mohammad Naveed and Shaiman Anwar for eight years on match-fixing charges.
3. According to IQAir, which city is topped in the most polluted city globally?
Answer: D) Xinjiang
- Twenty-two of the world’s 30 most polluted cities are in India, with Delhi being ranked as the most polluted capital city globally, a new report.
- The report is prepared by Swiss organisation, IQAir, in the form of the ‘World Air Quality Report, 2020’, which has released globally.
- The report, however, shows that Delhi’s air quality improved by approximately 15 per cent from 2019 to 2020.
- Besides Delhi, the 21 other Indian cities among the 30 most polluted cities in the world are Ghaziabad, Bulandshahar, Bisrakh Jalalpur, Noida, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Agra and Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, Bhiwari in Rajasthan, Faridabad, Jind, Hisar, Fatehabad, Bandhwari, Gurugram, Yamuna Nagar, Rohtak and Dharuhera in Haryana, and Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
- As per the report, the top most polluted city is Xinjiang in China followed by nine Indian cities.
- Ghaziabad is the second most polluted city in the world followed by Bulandshahar, Bisrakh Jalalpur, Noida, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow and Bhiwari.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. “My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future” is the memoir of whom?
A) Geetha Manjunath
B) Geeta Goel
C) Indra Nooyi
D) Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
E) Ankiti Bose
Answer: C) Indra Nooyi
- Former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi has a memoir coming out this fall that her publisher is calling an “unvarnished take” on her rise to becoming one of the world’s most powerful women.
- “My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future” will be published Sept. 28, Portfolio Books announced.
- Portfolio is an imprint at Penguin Random House.
“My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future” – Indra Nooyi’s memoir – Published by Portfolio Books.
5. Centre has deployed a three-member high-level central team to review Medical Care and Public Health arrangements for Kumbh Mela. Kumbh Mela is related to which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
E) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttarakhand
- Centre has deployed a three-member high-level central team to review Medical Care and Public Health arrangements for Kumbh Mela at Haridwar in Uttarakhand.
- The team is being led by Dr SK Singh, Director, National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
- Dr SK Jain, Additional Director and Dr Meera Dhuria, Deputy Director, both from NCDC are the team members.
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM: Tirath Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Centre – Three-member high-level central team to review Medical Care and Public Health arrangements for Kumbh Mela – Led by Dr SK Singh.
6. FIFA in collaboration with the United Nations on Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) launched the Global Integrity Programme – a comprehensive international programme. What is the headquarters of UNODC?
A) Tehran, Iran
B) Zublin, Ireland
C) London, UK
D) New York. USA
E) Vienna, Austria
Answer: E) Vienna, Austria
- FIFA, in collaboration with the United Nations on Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) launched the Global Integrity Programme – a comprehensive international programme aimed at providing all 211 member associations with enhanced knowledge and tools to fight and prevent match manipulation.
- The first edition of the programme, dedicated to the member associations from the Asian Football Confederation, started with the first module on 4 March and will continue with the second module on 16 March.
- As part of its ongoing integrity initiatives, FIFA signed a memorandum of understanding with the UNODC in September 2020 to step up their joint cooperation to address the threats posed by crime to sport.
Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
Founded: 21 May 1904
President : Gianni Infantino
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime:
Headquarters : Vienna, Austria
Head: Ghada Waly
FIFA + UNODC – Strengthen fight against match-fixing.
7. The Union Cabinet approved a bill to set up a Development Finance Institution (DFI) to generate funds for investment in the infrastructure sector. The government has proposed how much amount to capitalise the institution?
A) Rs 30,000 crore
B) Rs 10,000 crore
C) Rs 20,000 crore
D) Rs 40,000 crore
E) Rs 50,000 crore
Answer: C) Rs 20,000 crore
- The Union Cabinet approved a bill to set up a Development Finance Institution (DFI) to generate funds for investment in the infrastructure sector, as the government moves to increase spending on roads, ports and energy.
- The proposed legislation will give effect to the Budget announcement made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on February 1. The government has proposed Rs 20,000 crore to capitalise the institution’.
- In her Budget 2019-20 speech, Sitharaman had proposed a study for setting up DFIs for promoting infrastructure funding.
- About 7,000 projects have been identified under the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) with a projected investment of a whopping Rs 111 lakh crore during 2020-25.
- In the last five years, India has added more than 45,000 km (28,000 miles) of national highways to link major industrial hubs, while doubling capacity at ports and adding nearly 100 GW of power generation capacity for a total of 374 GW.
Cabinet – Approve Bill to set up Development Finance Institution.
8. National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has launched a Android-based dairy surveyor application could help policy makers formulate or review effective policies around the sector. NDDB is founded in which year?
Answer D) 1965
- In a move that could help policy makers formulate or review effective policies around the sector, the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has launched a Android-based dairy surveyor application.
- The geographical information system (GIS) enabled Android application will benefit dairy cooperatives and producers-owned organisations in the sector by providing real-time information.
Abbreviation: National Dairy Development Board
Headquarters location: Anand, Gujarat
Founded: 16 July 1965
Executive Director: Arun Raste
NDDB – Android-based dairy surveyor app.
9. Indian Army has decommissioned The 130mm Self Propelled M-46 Catapult Guns from service. What is the range of this gun?
A) more than 17 kilometres
B) more than 37 kilometres
C) more than 47 kilometres
D) more than 57 kilometres
E) more than 27 kilometres
Answer: E) more than 27 kilometres
- Indian Army has decommissioned two of the longest serving artillery systems from service.
- The 130mm Self Propelled M-46 Catapult Guns and the 160mm Tampella Mortars were decommissioned today at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
- The 130mm Catapult, with a range of more than 27 kilometres, was a successful merger of two existing weapon systems – Vijayanta tanks and 130mm M-46 guns.
- This hybrid platform was a response to the need for a mobile Artillery gun system to support strike formations on the Western borders, after the 1965 and 1971 wars.
- The 160 mm Tampella mortars, with a range of 9.6km, were inducted after the 1962 war with China to fulfill the need for a weapon system to clear high crests of the Northern borders.
- These weapon systems, having been in the inventory of the Indian Army for close to 60 years, have been decommissioned to make way for newer equipment employing the latest technologies.
Indian Army – Decommission two of longest serving artillery systems from service.
10. CCEA approves Revised Cost Estimate of Comprehensive Scheme for Strengthening of Transmission and Distribution of power in which state and Sikkim?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
E) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Arunachal Pradesh
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the Revised Cost Estimate of Comprehensive Scheme for Strengthening of Transmission and Distribution of power in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
- It has been approved at an estimated cost of over 9 thousand 129 crore rupees.
- The main objective of the scheme is Government commitment for the total economic development of Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim and to strengthen the Intra-State Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure in the states by providing grid connectivity to remote distant locations.
- The scheme is being implemented through POWERGRID, a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under Ministry of Power in association with Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is targeted to be commissioned in phased manner by December 2021.
- The implementation of this scheme will create a reliable power grid and improve States’ connectivity to the upcoming load centers.
- The benefits of the grid connected power will be extended to the villages and towns including the remote and border areas and all categories of consumers of beneficiaries in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
- The scheme will also increase the per capita power consumption of these States and also contribute to the total economic development.
Cabinet approves closure of Handicrafts & Handlooms Export Corporation of India Ltd:
- The Union Cabinet has approved the closure of Handicrafts and Handlooms Export Corporation of India Limited (HHEC).
- 59 permanent employees and 6 Management Trainees are serving in the Corporation.
- Corporation has been continuously incurring losses since financial year 2015-16 and not earning sufficient income to meet its running expenses.
- There is little scope for its revival, necessitating closure of the Company
Cabinet approves decision to shut down Handicrafts and Handlooms Export Corporation:
- The Union Cabinet approved the closure of Handicrafts and Handlooms Export Corporation of India Ltd (HHEC).
- The corporation, which is a Government of India undertaking, is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles.
- Stating that the Corporation was incurring losses since 2015-16 and not earning sufficient income to meet running expenses, the government said there is little scope for its revival and necessitated closure.
- Meanwhile, the Cabinet was also informed about the MoU signed between India and Maldives for co-operation in sports and youth affairs, which was signed in November.
CM: Pema Khandu
Governor: B.D. Mishra
Governor: PS Sreedharan Pillai
CCEA – Revised Cost Estimate of Comprehensive Scheme for Strengthening of Transmission and Distribution of power.
11. Govt College for Women at Salaheri renamed as Shaheed Lieutenant Kiran Shekhawat Government College for Women. This College for Women is related to which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Haryana
- In Haryana, Government College for Women at Salaheri in Nuh district has been renamed as Shaheed Lieutenant Kiran Shekhawat Government College for Women, Salaheri.
- This was informed by Haryana Education Minister, Kanwar Pal during the Question Hour during the Budget session of the Vidhan Sabha.
- He further added that Yasin Meo Degree College in Nuh has 1,108 students.
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
Govt College for Women at Salaheri – Rename as Shaheed Lieutenant Kiran Shekhawat Government College for Women.
12. Which company rolls out first batch of medium-range surface-to-air missile kits for Indian Army, Air Force?
Answer: A) KRAS
- Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) has rolled out its first batch of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) for the Indian Army and the Air Force from its facility located near the Hyderabad international airport.
- KRAS is a joint venture between the Kalyani Group and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems of Israel engaged in the defence sector manufacturing.
- If the demand goes up, the venture may consider stepping up manufacturing and setting up another facility.
- The roll-out event marked KRAS’ commitment to deliver more than 1,000 MRSAM ‘missile kits’ to the Indian Army and Air Force over the coming years.
- The missile sections will then be forwarded to Bharat Dynamics Limited for integration.
Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems:
Headquarters : Hyderabad, Telangana
KRAS – First batch of medium-range surface-to-air missile kits for Indian Army, Air Force.