Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 28 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. The T20 World Cup scheduled to be held in India is being shifted to which country?
Answer: C) UAE
2. Rahi Sarnobat bagged the Gold medal in which category pistol event at the ongoing International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup here in Osijek, Croatia?
Answer: A) 25m
- Tokyo Olympics bound Rahi Sarnobat bagged the Gold medal in 25m pistol event at the ongoing International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup here in Osijek, Croatia.
- This is India’s first Gold in the ongoing shooting World Cup in Croatia.
- India’s current medals tally at the ISSF World Cup in Croatia stands at four — one gold, one silver, and two bronze.
3. Archer Deepika Kumari became which rank in as World Archery unveiled its latest rankings?
Answer: C) 1
- Archer Deepika Kumari became the world number one as World Archery unveiled its latest rankings.
- She completed her hat-trick of gold medal at the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Paris by winning the Recurve individual event by 6-0.
- India’s ace archer Kumari defeated the Russian, Elena Osipova by 6-0 in a thumping manner.
- This is Deepika’s second individual World Cup Gold medal of 2021 and the third gold of the day as she had earlier won gold in the women’s team and mixed team event as well.
4. Who won Styrian Grand Prix?
A) Lando Norris
B) Max Emilian Verstappen
C) Valtteri Viktor Bottas
D) Sergio Pérez Mendoza
E) Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
Answer: B) Max Emilian Verstappen
|1st||Max Emilian Verstappen||Netherlands||Red Bull Racing|
|2nd||Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton||UK||Mercedes|
|3rd||Valtteri Viktor Bottas||Finland||Mercedes|
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Nepal inked a concessional loan agreement of how much amount with the World Bank (WB) for post-COVID-19 recovery and development?
A) USD 230 million
B) USD 140 million
C) USD 120 million
D) USD 150 million
E) USD 180 million
Answer: D) USD 150 million
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which Company unveils new AI-powered automation software to deliver 5G/edge services faster?
Answer: E) IBM
7. Mastercard partners with which company to empower MSMEs and gig workers?
Answer: C) Instamojo
8. Justice Ravi Vijaykumar Malimath appointed as Chief Justice of which state High Court?
C) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Himachal Pradesh
9. The central government has decided to extend the tenure of K K Venugopal as the Attorney General by how many year?
Answer: E) 1
- The central government has decided to extend the tenure of K K Venugopal as the Attorney General by one year.
- Though the attorney general usually has a tenure of three years, when his first term as A-G was to end last year, Venugopal had requested the government to give him a one-year tenure keeping in mind his advanced age.
- He is 90.
10. Which Metro bags Japan Society of Civil Engineers’ award?
A) Delhi Metro
B) Kolkata Metro
C) Hyderabad Metro
D) Chennai Metro
E) Bangalore Metro
Answer: A) Delhi Metro
- The Delhi Metro has bagged an award from the Japan Society of Civil Engineers for its ”high-quality” infrastructure development projects under phases I-III.
- The ‘Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award’ is for the year 2020.
- This award is given to highly selective showcasing projects in the development of civil engineering technology across the world.
11. Which company bags the prestigious US Green Building Council (USGBC) leadership award?
Answer: E) CtrlS
- CtrlS, Asia’s largest Rated-4 Hyperscale Datacenter announced that it has been awarded the most prestigious USGBC Regional Leadership Award recipient by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
- CtrlS joins an impressive slate of awardees that include organizations, projects and individuals around the world who are using green building and sustainable practices to improve the quality of life for those around them.
- This year’s recipients were recognized at the USGBC Leadership Awards Ceremony, during the inaugural USGBC Live virtual event.
12. Who won The Fukuoka Prize for 2021?
A) P. Sainath
B) Prof. Kishimoto Mio
C) Prabda Yoon
D) Only A
E) A, B & C
Answer: E) A, B & C
- Noted journalist P. Sainath has been selected as one of the three recipients of the Fukuoka Prize for 2021.
- Mr. Sainath will receive the ‘Grand Prize’ of the Fukuoka Prize while the Academic Prize and the Prize for Arts and Culture will go to Prof. Kishimoto Mio of Japan and filmmaker Prabda Yoon of Thailand respectively.
- The Fukuoka Prize is given annually to distinguished people to foster and increase awareness of Asian cultures, and to create a broad framework of exchange and mutual learning among the Asian people.
- The Grand Prize has earlier been awarded to Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh, historian Romila Thapar, and sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan. Eleven Indians have received the Fukuoka Prize so far.
- 115 people from 28 countries and areas have received the Prize in the past 30 years.
- The Prize was established in 1990.
- Prof. Mio has been recognised for her understanding of Chinese history. Prabda Yoon will receive the prize for increasing understanding of Japan in Thailand and for pursuing “a deeper philosophical insight into the future of humanity”, said the statement from the Secretariat of the Fukuoka Prize Committee.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
13. Which country has successfully test-launched a new intercontinental ballistic missile from the Plesetsk cosmodrome in the country’s northwest?
Answer: D) Russia
14. Which country launches 2 units of world’s largest hydropower station in the country’s southwest?
Answer: E) China
- China launched two units of a massive hydropower station in the country’s southwest, said to be the world’s largest, which is under construction and costs about USD 34 billion.
- The two units of the Baihetan hydropower station were launched ahead of the July 1 centenary celebrations of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC).
- The hydropower station is located on the Jinsha River, the upper section of the Yangtze River, and straddles the southwestern provinces of Yunnan and Sichuan.
- China has already built the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River and approved plans to build another massive dam on the Brahmaputra River in Tibet close to Arunachal Pradesh.
- The dams cost about 220 billion yuan (USD 34 billion).
15. Centre announces Credit Guarantee Scheme to facilitate new lending among smallest borrowers. A maximum how much amount to be lent?
A) Rs 2.25 lakhs
B) Rs 1.25 lakhs
C) Rs 3.25 lakhs
D) Rs 4.25 lakhs
E) Rs 5.25 lakhs
Answer: B) Rs 1.25 lakhs
- The Centre announced Credit Guarantee Scheme to facilitate new lending among the smallest borrowers and stated that this includes the ‘stressed borrowers’. While addressing a press conference.
- Under the Credit Guarantee Scheme we aim to reach out to 25 lakh people who are absolutely small borrowers.
- Loan to be given to the smallest borrowers by Microfinance Institutions.
- A maximum Rs 1.25 lakhs amount to be lent.
- During the press conference, a Rs 1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme for COVID-affected sectors was also announced.
- Of this, Rs 50,000 crore has been allocated to the health sector and Rs 60,000 crore for other sectors.
- Apart from these, an additional Rs 1.5 lakh crore under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) has been announced.
- This is additional to the Rs 3 lakh crore announced under the scheme last year.
Here are some key announcements made by the finance minister:
(1.) Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana extended till March 31, 2022, from June 30, 2021. “More than 21 lakh people from 80,000 establishments have already benefited,” Sitharaman said.
(2.) The government has extended the scope of the emergency credit line guarantee scheme. As such, ₹1.5 lakh crore have been added to the existing corpus of ₹three lakh crores.
(3.) A completely new credit guarantee scheme to facilitate loans to 25 lakh people through micro finance institutions (MFIs) has also been announced.
(4.) Lending of up to ₹1.25 lakh announced with the focus on new lending and not on repayment of old loans. All borrowers (including defaulters up to 89 days) are eligible.
(5.) On the resumption of international travel, visas will be provided free of cost to the first five lakh travellers coming to India. Scheme applicable till March 31, 2022, or will be closed upon the completion of the five-lakh quota.
(6.) A new loan guarantee scheme will support 10,700 regional-level tourist guides, as well as travel and tourism stakeholders. However, these should be recognised by the Union ministry of tourism and the respective state governments.
(7.) A financial expenditure of ₹93,869 crore will be used for the distribution of ration to poor people. This will take the total money spent on Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana to ₹227,841 crores.
(8.) ₹23,220 crore have been allotted for public health, with special focus on paediatric care. The money will be used in the current financial year itself.
(9.) An additional protein-based fertilizer subsidy of nearly ₹15,000 crores for farmers.
16. India successfully test-fires Agni Prime missile off Odisha coast. What is the range of this missile?
A) 2000 to 4000 km
B) 5000 to 6000 km
C) 4000 to 5000 km
D) 2000 to 3000 km
E) 1000 to 2000 km
Answer: E) 1000 to 2000 km
- India successfully test-fired its new generation nuclear-capable Agni Prime missile from a defense base off Odisha coast.
- The surface-to-surface ballistic missile has a range of 1000 to 2000 km.
- The sleek missile, an advanced variant in the Agni series, was test-fired from a mobile launcher off the Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
17. Who inaugurates three border bridges in Dharchula area of Pithoragarh?
A) Tamilisai Soundararajan
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: B) Rajnath Singh
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated three bridges on way to the Indo-China border in Dharchula sub-division of Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district.
- Three bailey bridges were inaugurated virtually by the defence minister from Delhi
one bridge is on Tawaghat-Ghatia Bagar road near Tawaghat, another on Jaulgibi-Munsyari road at Kirkutiya and the third one on Munsyari-Bugdiyar-Milam road at Laspa.
- Built by the BRO, the bridges connect Indian mainland with the border security posts in this part of the Himalayan region.
- The bridges have a length of 140-180 metres.
18. Indian Army conducts airborne exercise in which state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Rajasthan
- The Indian Army conducted an airborne exercise at a base in the central sector to validate its rapid response capability.
- The exercise was preceded by a series of intense preparation involving joint planning and integration between the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force (IAF), they said.
- The exercise entailed para drop of paratroopers and combat heavy loads, including vehicle-mounted anti-tank and air defence missile detachments, over a designated target area from C-130 and AN 32 aircraft.
- The exercise is learnt to have taken place at a base in Rajasthan.
TO ATTEND QUIZ – Click here