Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. International Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) Day is observed on which date?
A) June 19
B) June 23
C) June 26
D) June 25
E) June 27
Answer: E) June 27
- Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) Day is celebrated every year on June 27 to recognise the contribution of these industries in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- According to the United Nations (UN), as many as 90 per cent of businesses are generated from MSMEs and these businesses provide 60 to 70 per cent of employment.
- The contribution of MSME to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) worldwide is 50%.
Theme of Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day:
- In 2021, the theme is “MSME 2021: Key to an inclusive and sustainable recovery.”
- That is why the UN will be hosting a series of events to explore how MSMEs – the backbone of our economies – can be equipped to ensure an equitable and sustainable post-Covid-19 recovery.
2. Who becomes youngest Indian to make debut in all formats?
A) Shafali Verma
B) Gargi Banerjee
C) Nilima Jogalekar
D) Runa Basu
E) Sharmila Chakraborty
Answer: A) Shafali Verma
- Opener Shafali Verma became the youngest Indian cricketer to make debut across formats after being picked for the first ODI against England Women.
- She was the youngest batter to score two fifties on debut in womens Test.
- Verma has scored 617 runs with three fifties in the 22 T20Is that she has played so far since making her debut in September 2019.
3. Sajan Prakash becomes first Indian ________ to qualify for Tokyo Olympics?
E) High Jump
Answer: A) Swimmer
- Sajan Prakash has become the first Indian swimmer to qualify for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics.
- Sajan achieved the feat as he clocked 1 minute 56.38 seconds in the men’s 200m butterfly at the Sette Colli Trophy in Rome.
- The qualification cut-off was 1 minute 56.48 seconds.
- Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju congratulated the swimmer and hailed the commitment of Sajan.
- The Tokyo Olympics will begin on July 23 and the Games will run up to August 8 this year.
- The event was slated to be held last year but it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Ace javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra bags bronze medal at Kuortane Games in which country?
Answer: D) Finland
- Ace javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra clinched the bronze medal at the Kuortane Games in Finland.
- He finished third behind world no. 1 Johannes Vetter of Germany and former Olympic gold medallist Keshorn Walcott of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Neeraj Chopra threw his javelin at the 86.79m mark.
- Vetter produced a massive throw of 93.59m and Walcott gave his season-best with an 89.12m throw.
- This was Chopra’s third best performance this season since re-writing his own national record during the Indian Grand Prix 3 with a throw of 88.07m in March at the NIS Patiala.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. GAME partners with which organization to help MSMEs revive biz amid pandemic?
Answer: C) SIDBI
- The broad themes covered under the partnership include expanding credit access, increasing formalization, building competitive clusters, and improving the legal framework for ease of doing business.
- The two organizations have committed that at least 25 percent of the beneficiaries from the partnership would be women entrepreneurs.
6. AMNS India executes paperless bill discounting transaction in partnership with which Bank?
A) SBM Bank India
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) Central Bank of India
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: E) ICICI Bank
- AMNS India said it has executed ”a paperless bill discounting transaction” in partnership with ICICI Bank.
- Gujarat – based ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel (AMNS) India said it is the first such transaction in India.
- ICICI Bank was the intermediary between the buyer and seller
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. NTPC targets 60 GW renewable energy capacity by which year?
Answer: E) 2032
- State-owned power giant NTPC said it has set a taget to install 60 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy (RE) capacity by 2032.
- NTPC has become India’s first energy company to declare its energy compact goals as part of the UN High-level Dialogue on Energy (HLDE).
8. The Central government granted a how many-month extension in service to Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Aditya Nath Das?
Answer: D) 3
9. Who inaugurated a Zen Garden and Kaizen Academy at Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA) in Ahmedabad via video conference?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: E) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a Zen Garden and Kaizen Academy at Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA) in Ahmedabad via video conference and elaborated on his vision of creating a ‘Mini-Japan’ in Gujarat.
- The Prime Minister also thanked leaders of Hyogo Prefecture especially Governor Toshizo Ido and Hyogo International association for their contribution to the establishment of the Zen Garden and Kaizen Academy.
10. Who inaugurates mega quintal capacity Seed Processing plant at Kathua District of Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
B) Arjun Munda
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Dr Jitendra Singh
Answer: E) Dr Jitendra Singh
- Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated the North Zone’s First Seed Processing Unit of National Seed Corporation (NSC) at Kathua today and dedicated it to the people.
- The unit was constructed with estimated cost of three crore rupeess and will produce 35,000 quintals of quality seed on local basis which will help the farmers to get best quality certified seed of cereal crops, Dal-tilhan crops at minimum price at their doorstep.
11. Govt extends mandatory installation of airbags in existing models till which Month?
A) October 2021
B) November 2021
C) September 2021
D) August 2021
E) December 2021
Answer: E) December 2021
- In view of the prevailing pandemic situation, the ministry has decided to defer mandatory installation of front passenger airbags in the existing car models till December 31, 2021.
- The ministry on March 6 had said that vehicles manufactured on and after April 1, 2021, in the case of new models, and August 31, 2021, in the case of existing models shall be fitted with an airbag for the person occupying the front seat, other than the driver.
TO ATTEND QUIZ – Click here