Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed on which date?
A) June 9
B) June 14
C) June 13
D) June 15
E) June 12
Answer: D) June 15
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is dedicated to highlighting the issue of elder abuse.
- This day came into existence in June 2006 when a request was established to declare June 15 a special day for elders.
- But it was the year 2011 when the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Theme for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2021:
- This year’s theme for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is ‘Access to Justice’.
World Wind Day 2021:
- June 15 is celebrated as Global Wind Day, also known as World Wind Day.
- Apart from knowing and being familiar with its layman definition, wind energy is one of the many sustainable forms of energy that everyone is being encouraged to use.
2. The women’s T20 cricket competition at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games will be held from July 29 to August 7 at the Edgbaston Stadium in which country?
Answer: D) UK
- The women’s T20 cricket competition at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games will be held from July 29 to August 7 at the Edgbaston Stadium.
- The group-stage matches of the eight-team event will take place till August 4, with the semi-finals scheduled for August 6.
- It will only be the second time that cricket will feature in the Commonwealth Games, but it’s a debut for the women’s game, as well as the T20 format, after a men’s 50-over competition was part of the schedule in Kuala Lumpur in 1998.
- Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, hosts England, and a nation from the Caribbean have all qualified for the event.
3. C R Viswanathan passed away. He was administrator of which sports?
Answer: B) Football
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Small Finance Bank announced its collaboration with MoEngage to drive digital banking experiences in the unserved and underserved regions of the country?
A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
B) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank.
C) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
D) A U Small Finance Bank.
E) Capital Small Finance Bank.
Answer: A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank announced its collaboration with MoEngage, a leading customer engagement platform, to drive digital banking experiences in the unserved and underserved regions of the country.
- As door-to-door EMI collection became a challenge during the pandemic, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank created a comprehensive digital infrastructure through payment integrations with Bharat Bill Payment System aggregators and partnership with a leading telecom operator to provide digital payment options.
- Additionally, the staff and field executives were trained in online payment proficiency to assist users pay bills online.
5. LIC Cards Services Limited launched a contactless prepaid Gift Card – ‘Shagun’ in collaboration with which Bank on RuPay platform?
A) Canara Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Central Bank of India
E) IDBI Bank
Answer: E) IDBI Bank
- LIC Cards Services Limited (LIC CSL) launched a contactless prepaid Gift Card – ‘Shagun’ in collaboration with IDBI Bank on RuPay platform.
- This card in the initial phase will be available to LIC and its subsidiaries/associates for official use.
- The purpose of this card is to expand the Gift Card market with an intent to promote cashless ways of gifting with a wide range of end-use choices.
6. Which Insurance company Introduces Micro Bachat Plan In A New Avatar To Provide Enhanced Security & Savings?
A) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
D) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
E) IndiaFirst Life Insurance
Answer: E) IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited (IndiaFirst Life), promoted by Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India, has introduced IndiaFirst Life Micro Bachat Plan.
- This non-linked, participating, limited pay, micro-life insurance policy is designed to offer dual benefits of security and disciplined savings to secure life’s certainties.
- The competitively priced, low premium size makes this plan an ideal choice for ensuring security and savings.
7. Which management has won the prestigious 2021 Flourish Prize?
A) Uttar Pradesh Institute of Management
B) Madhya Pradesh Institute of Management
C) Mizoram Institute of Management
D) Nagaland Institute of Management
E) Goa Institute of Management
Answer: E) Goa Institute of Management
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. World’s first wooden satellite to be launched from which country?
E) New Zealand
Answer: E) New Zealand
- The European Space Agency (ESA) has planned to put the world’s first wooden satellite, WISA Woodsat, on Earth’s orbit by the end of this year.
- The mission of the satellite is to test the applicability of wooden materials like plywood in spacecraft structures and expose it to extreme space conditions, such as heat, cold, vacuum and radiation, for an extended period of time.
- It will be launched to space by the end of 2021 with a Rocket Lab Electron rocket from the Mahia Peninsula launch complex in New Zealand.
9. The United States will grant how much amount in cooperation aid to El Salvador to slow migration from the Central American country?
A) 110 million dollars
B) 113 million dollars
C) 111 million dollars
D) 115 million dollars
E) 117 million dollars
Answer: D) 115 million dollars
- The United States will grant 115 million dollars in cooperation aid to El Salvador to slow migration from the Central American country.
- The money will include 50 million dollars for security, 35 millions for programmes to counter violence against women and 30 millions in job training.
- USAID said, it will also contribute 12 million dollars for small and medium-sized businesses in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador that were affected by Corona virus-related lockdowns.
- The Biden Administration has pledged to invest 4 billion dollars to address the root causes of migration from Central America.
10. Jaishankar inaugurates renovated Mahatma Gandhi Library in which Country?
E) Costa Rica
Answer: C) Kenya
- During his three-day visit in Kenya, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar inaugurated the renovated Mahatma Gandhi Library at the University of Nairobi in Kenya and said that India’s association with this university goes back to decades.
11. Which Minister partners with Ministry of Civil Aviation sign MoU for development of ‘Sea Plane Services’ in India?
A) Civil Aviation Minister
B) Shipping Minister
C) Home Minister
D) Women & Child Development Minister
E) Education Minister
Answer: B) Shipping Minister
12. Which state launched ‘Local Bodies Vikas Nidhi Portal’?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched ‘Local Bodies Vikas Nidhi Portal’.
Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Singh Chautala and Urban Local Bodies Minister, Sh. Anil Vij were also present on this occasion Thee Haryana Government has constituted the Inter-District Council (IDC) to strengthen the Local Bodies in terms of their financial and functional empowerment.
- In this direction ‘Local Bodies Vikas Nidhi Portal’ designed and developed on the principle of ‘Purav Yojana Purn Yoajna’ by the Finance Department in consultation with Departments concerned.
13. Which state approves proposal for world-class bus station in Ayodhya?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet cleared a proposal for the construction of a bus station on par with international standards in Ayodhya at a cost of Rs 400 crore.
- The cabinet also gave its nod to a proposal for the construction of a four-lane flyover on the Ayodhya-Sultanpur road.
- The decisions were taken at an in-person cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- For the construction of the bus station, nine acres of land from the culture department will be given to the transport department.
14. Who addressed UN ‘High-Level Dialogue on Desertification, Land Degradation & Drought’?
A) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
B) Narendra Modi
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Prakash Javadekar
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said three million hectares of forest cover has been added in India over the last ten years.
- He said this has enhanced the combined forest cover to almost one fourth of the country’s total area.
- The Prime Minister was virtually addressing a UN ‘High-Level Dialogue on Desertification, Land Degradation & Drought’.
- He stated that India is on track to achieve national commitment of land degradation neutrality.