Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 14 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Blood Donor Day is observed on which date?
A) June 9
B) June 14
C) June 13
D) June 7
E) June 12
Answer: B) June 14
History of World Blood Donor Day:
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Austrian biologist and physician, Karl Landsteiner.
- He is considered to be the founder of modern blood transfusion.
This year’s slogan for World Blood Donor Day:
- For 2021, the World Blood Donor Day slogan is ‘Give blood and keep the world beating’.
Host for World Blood Donor Day 2021 events:
- Italy will host World Blood Donor Day 2021 through its National Blood Centre.
- The global event will be held in Rome.
2. Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas to win his second French Open title. He won First French open title in which year?
- Serbia’s Novak Djokovic defeated Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas to win his second French Open title at Roland Garros.
- With the virtue of this win, Djokovic has become the first player in 50 years after Roy Emerson and Rod Laver to win all four Slams twice and has also become the first man in the Open era to achieve the milestone.
- Now, Djokovic is just one title away from Switzerland’s Roger Federer and Spain’s Rafael Nadal’s tally of 20 Grand Slams.
Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim, Scotland’s Kathryn Bryce voted ICC Players of the Month for May 2021:
- Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batsman Mushfiqur Rahim and Scotland all-rounder Kathryn Bryce have been named the ICC Players of the Month for May 2021.
3. Nirmal Milkha Singh passed away. She was related to which sports?
Answer: E) Volleyball
- Former Indian volleyball captain and wife of sprinter Milkha Singh—Nirmal Kaur breathed her last after fighting a long battle with COVID-19 in a hospital in Mohali, Punjab.
- Milkha Singh in a chapter titled ‘The jewels in my crown’ in his autobiography— The Race of My Life.
- The couple had married on May 5, 1963 and had first met in Sri Lanka in 1959, where Milkha had gone to compete in an athletics competition and Nirmal was captaining the Indian women’s volleyball team.
4. Sanchari Vijay passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: C) Actor
- National film award winner and sandalwood actor Sanchari Vijay, who was undergoing treatment for injuries suffered in a road accident, passed away.
- Actor Sanchari Vijay rose to fame with his fabulous performance in the movie Naanu Avanalla Avalu in the year 2015 which fetched him a national award.
5. According to World Giving Index (WGI) 2021, what is the rank of India in the charitable country?
Answer: C) 14
- Indonesia remains in the first place, followed by Kenya. Four African nations now sit in the top 10 three of them (Nigeria, Ghana and Uganda) for the first time.
- Most of the western countries which are usually in the Top 10 have fallen far down the rankings.
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. The World Bank has agreed to provide financial assistance of how much amount to the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory to strengthen the health infrastructure?
A) USD 60 million
B) USD 30 million
C) USD 20 million
D) USD 10 million
E) USD 50 million
Answer: E) USD 50 million
- The World Bank has agreed to provide financial assistance of Rs 50 million US dollars to the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory to strengthen the health infrastructure, while of the total Rs 881 crore allocated under Prime Ministers Development Package (PMDP), Rs 754 crore has been spent in upcoming infrastructure and strengthening the existing.
7. Naftali Bennett sworn-in as the new Prime Minister of which country?
E) Costa Rica
Answer: C) Israel
8. Who take charge as the new Secretary of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India?
A) V. Sudhan
B) V. Raghunandan
C) V. Sethu
D) V. Sakthi
E) V. Sekar
Answer: B) V. Raghunandan
- V. Raghunandan is all set to take chrge as the new Secretary of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- Before this, Sunil Kumar Gupta was given two months’ extension in March to serve as a TRAI Secretary, till 31 May this year.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Which IIT develops nation’s first power-free CPAP device ‘Jivan Vayu’?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIT Mandi
E) IIT Madras
Answer: C) IIT Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar announced on Monday that it had developed a device ‘Jivan Vayu’ which can be used as a substitute of CPAP machine.
- However, this is Nation’s first such device which functions even without electricity and is adapted to both kinds of oxygen generation units like O2 cylinders and oxygen pipelines in hospitals.
- These provisions are not available in otherwise existing CPAP machine.
10. India, which country conduct bilateral naval exercise in Indian Ocean?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) Japan
- Ships of the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) participated in a joint naval exercise at the Indian Ocean to realize “Free and Open Indo-Pacific.
- JS KASHIMA (TV3508) and JS SETOYUKI (TV3518) conducted a bilateral exercise with INS KULISH (P63) at the Indian Ocean to realize “Free and Open Indo-Pacific.
- Naval cooperation between India and Japan has increased in scope and complexity over the years.
11. S Jaishankar and top ministers of which country discussed building a comprehensive partnership between the two countries at the Ministerial Roundtable?
Answer: D) Kenya
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Kenya’s top ministers discussed building a comprehensive partnership between the two countries at the Ministerial Roundtable here.
- The Ministerial Roundtable, chaired by Kenyan Foreign Minister Raychelle Omamo, reviewed all aspects of the bilateral relationship.
12. Which UT has been declared Open Defecation Free UT in India under the First Phase of Swachh Bharat Mission?
B) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
E) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: D) Ladakh
13. Which state is launched ‘Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan’ to make people aware about the COVID pandemic?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, ‘Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan’ means free from corona with the help of a youth power campaign will be launched to make people aware about the COVID pandemic.
- Madhya Pradesh is now at number 26 in the country in terms of corona infection.
- At the same time, on the basis of the suggestions received from the various Crisis Management Committees, a new guide line will be issued in the state by June 15.
- In the Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan, college teachers and around 16 lakh students will be made aware of corona infection by learning Covid appropriate behavior and vaccination.
14. The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) is organising a special function on June 17 to name its library after Pt Yugal Kishore Shukla. He was Journalist of which language?
Answer: E) Hindi
- The library will be named “Pt. Yugal Kishore Shukla Library & Knowledge Resource Centre”.
- This will be the country’s first memorial to be named after him.
15. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya virtually inaugurated the Pradhanmantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra in which state?
C) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Himachal Pradesh
- Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya virtually inaugurated the Pradhanmantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra in Pragpur at Kangra, Himachal Pradesh.
- Shri Mandaviya informed that the Government has set a target to increase the number of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) to 10000 by March 2024.
- Under the PMBJP, all the districts of the country are covered. PMBJP is ensuring easy reach of affordable medicine to the people in every nook and corner of the country.
16. Which organisation signs Memorandum of Understanding with Bihar State Hydroelectric Power Corporation (BSHPC) for Implementation of 130.1 MW Dagmara HE Project?
Answer: E) NHPC
- The 130.1 MW Dagmara HE Project, the largest hydropower project of Bihar is to be implemented by NHPC on ownership basis. NHPC is a Category-1 Miniratna Company under Ministry of Power, Govt. of India in the field of Hydropower.
- Currently, NHPC has 24 operational power stations with a total installed capacity of 7071 MW.