Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Voters Day is observed on which date?
A) January 23
B) January 24
C) January 26
D) January 25
E) January 22
Answer: D) January 25
- India celebrates National Voters Day on January 25 every year to mark the foundation day of the Election Commission of India.
- This year in 11th edition.
- The Election Commission was founded in 1950 on this day. The occasion was first celebrated in 2011.
- President Ram Nath Kovind virtually addressed the celebrations today. During the event, the President conferred the National Awards for the year 2020-21. He also launched the Election Commission’s Web Radio: ‘Hello Voters’ – an online digital radio service.
- This year’s theme is “Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed”.
- One focus this year is highlighting the EC’s feat of running elections safely during the pandemic.
- The National Voters Day ceremony is aimed at increasing voter enrolment, with special focus on new voters. The celebrations include felicitating new voters and handing them their Elector Photo Identity Cards.
2. The final of the inaugural edition of the World Test Championship has postponed. What is rescheduled Date?
A) June 18 to 22
B) June 14 to 25
C) June 11 to 22
D) June 13 to 25
E) June 13 to 21
Answer: A) June 18 to 22
- The final of the inaugural edition of the World Test Championship (WTC) will now be played out from June 18 to 22 with June 23 acting as a reserve day.
- The decider was originally scheduled to be held from June 10 to 14 at the Lord’s Cricket Ground.
World Test Championship final – Postpone, to be played from June 18-22.
3. Arik Brauer passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: B) Artist
- Austrian artist Arik Brauer, known for his surreal paintings and murals, has died at the age of 92.
- Born Erich Brauer in 1929 to a Jewish family that had emigrated from Russia to Vienna, he experienced the rise of National Socialism as a child. His father died in a concentration camp while Brauer himself survived the Holocaust by going into hiding.
Arik Brauer – Austrian artist.
4. What is the rank of India in 10 most affected countries in 2019 in the Global Climate Risk Index 2021 published by the Bonn-based environmental think tank Germanwatch?
Answer: E) 7
The Global Climate Risk Index 2021 – Germanwatch
10 most affected countries in 2019
|3rd Rank||The Bahamas|
10 countries most affected from 2000 to 2019
|1st Rank||Puerto Rico|
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which company introduces UPI AutoPay facility for mutual funds?
A) Muthoot Finance
B) HDB Finance Services
C) Bajaj Finance
D) Power Finance
Answer: E) 5paisa.com
- Low-cost dealer 5paisa.com introduced UPI AutoPay facility on their platform for mutual fund transactions. The characteristic, which was launched by Nationwide Funds Company of India (NPCI) final 12 months will allow processing of mutual funds and buy of subscription merchandise for purchasers of 5paisa.com.
- 5paisa.com and NPCI goal to achieve about 1.2 million prospects on 5paisa.com platform.
- The UPI AutoPay course of is prompt in comparison with about two days when SIPs are registered by means of banks. Any UPI-enabled utility would even have a ‘Mandate’ part, by means of which prospects can create, approve, modify, and handle the auto debit mandate.
- The mandate part will permit prospects to view their previous mandates for his or her reference and information. UPI customers can create e-mandate by means of UPI ID, QR scan or Intent.
- The sample for auto-debit mandate has been created holding in thoughts prospects spends on recurring funds. The mandates may be set for one-time, day by day, weekly, fortnightly, month-to-month, bi-monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly. Clients can now set e-mandate on UPI platform to carry out recurring funds of as much as ₹5,000.
5paisa.com – UPI AutoPay facility for mutual funds.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which space company creates new record to launch 143 spacecraft into space in Single Launch?
A) Virgin Galactic
C) Ad Astra Rocket Company.
D) Orbital Sciences
E) Made in Space
Answer: B) SpaceX
- A veteran rocket from billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk’s SpaceX aerospace company launched 143 spacecraft into space, a new record for the most spaceships deployed on a single mission, according to the company.
- The Falcon 9 rocket lifted off at 10 a.m. EST from the Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- It flew south along the eastern coast of Florida on its way to space.
- The reusable rocket ferried 133 commercial and government spacecraft and 10 Starlink satellites to space – part of the company’s Small Sat Rideshare Programme, which provides access to space for small satellite operators seeking a reliable, affordable ride to orbit, according to the company.
- SpaceX has previously launched to orbit more than 800 satellites of the several thousand needed to offer broadband internet globally, a $10 billion investment it estimates could generate $30 billion annually to help fund Musk’s interplanetary rocket program, called Starship.
SpaceX – Record spacecraft in cosmic rideshare programme.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. Sometimes Mama, Sometimes Papa is authored by whom?
A) Mari Nayar
B) Aarthi Nayar
C) Devi Nayar
D) Nandini Nayar
E) Selvi Nayar
Answer: D) Nandini Nayar
- Nandini Nayar has been spreading the joy of reading among children.
- With over 300 short stories and 55 books for children of all ages, the writer’s new picture book Sometimes Mama, Sometimes Papa with illustrations by Upamanyu Bhattacharyya (published by Penguin Random House).
Sometimes Mama, Sometimes Papa – Nandini Nayar (Author) – published by Penguin Random House.
8. The Akash-NG (New Generation) Missile was successfully launched by DRDO. The launch was conducted from an Integrated Test Range off which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Odisha
- The Akash-NG (New Generation) Missile was successfully launched by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and intercepted the target with ‘textbook precision’.
- The launch was conducted from an Integrated Test Range off the coast of Odisha.
- Akash-NG is a new generation Surface to Air Missile meant for use by Indian Air Force with an aim of intercepting high maneuvering aerial threats.
Abbreviation: Defence Research and Development Organisation
Headquarters : New Delhi, Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
DRDO – Akash-NG missile successfully launched, achieves ‘textbook precision’.
9. Which Minister unveiled a revamped website that provides information about gallantry awards in India and their recipients since Independence?
A) Home Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) External Affairs Minister
D) Defence Minister
E) Women & Child Development Minister
Answer: D) Defence Minister
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled a revamped website that provides information about gallantry awards in India and their recipients since Independence. Along with portal, he also launched a gallantry award quiz competition and an e-magazine ‘Shauryawaan’.
- On the occasion of the launch of the revamped Gallantry Awards Portal, a nationwide Gallantry Awards Quiz has also been initiated on the Portal platform.
- This quiz aims to provide an opportunity to the bright minds from across the nation to showcase their knowledge about the Gallantry Awardees of India.
- This programme shall be organised from 26th January to 26th of February this year.
- Another initiative, ‘Selfie for Bravehearts’ was also launched which encourages and invites citizens to click their selfie images in front of war memorials and monuments across the country and show their support for the Gallantry Awardees of the nation.
- The Defence Minister urged people to participate in the Quiz competition and Selfie initiative.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat, Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane, Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh, Chief of Air Force Air Chief Marshal R. K. S. Bhadauria and other senior officials from the Defence Ministry were present on the occasion.
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Rajnath Singh – Revamped version of Gallantry Awards Portal.
10. A large-scale tri-service joint amphibious exercise AMPHEX – 21 was conducted in which place?
A) Indian Ocean
B) Arabian Sea
C) Pacific Sea
D) Andaman Sea
E) Artic Sea
Answer: D) Andaman Sea
- Indian Armed Forces conducted a large-scale conjoint military training exercise ‘Kavach’ along with ‘Amphex-21’ in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- The exercise was conducted under the aegis of Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) with the participation of Eastern Naval Command (ENC) and Army Southern Command (SC) involving assets of Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
- The conjoint military training commenced with maritime strikes by Jaguar aircraft, Para Commandos and Marine Commandos carrying out combat free fall at Car Nicobar with an aim to validate air dominance and maritime strike capability within the area of interest in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
Indian Army + Indian Navy + Indian Air Force – ‘Kavach’ drill in Andaman Sea.
11. The Election Commission of India launched the e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme on the National Voter’s Day. The Election Commission of India is founded in which year?
Answer: B) 1950
- The Election Commission of India formally launched the e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity CarD) programme on January 25, the National Voter’s Day.
- e-EPIC is a non-editable secure portable document format (PDF) version of the EPIC and will have a secured QR code with image and demographics like serial number, part number, etc. E-EPIC can be downloaded on a mobile or a computer and can be digitally stored.
- This is in addition to physical IDs being issued for fresh registration.
- The e-EPIC initiative would be launched in two phases.
- In the first phase from January 25 to 31, all new voters who have applied for the voter-ID card and registered their mobile numbers in Form-6 will be able to download the e-EPIC by simply authenticating their mobile number.
- The mobile numbers should be unique and not be previously registered in the ECI’s electoral rolls.
- e-EPIC can be downloaded through the following online links, however, the voter-ID card would also be sent to them: Voter Helpline Mobile app (Android/iOS) https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ https://nvsp.in/.
The Election Commission of India – the e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity CarD) programme the National Voter’s Day.