Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Girl Child day is observed on which date?
B) January 25
C) January 24
D) January 23
E) January 22
Answer: C) January 24
National Girl Child day:
- India celebrates National Girl Child day each year on January 24.
- The day is an initiative of the ministry of women and child development and focuses on the need to address the challenges that girls face in Indian society due to gender biases.
- The purpose of the day is also to change the attitude of society towards girls.
- The initiative was started by the ministry of women and child development in 2008.
- The objective of celebrating the day is to highlight the inequalities faced by girls in the country, promote awareness about the rights of a girl child and generate awareness on the importance of girl education, health and nutrition.
- Various events are organised all across the country to celebrate the day. To mark National Girl Child Day, the government organises awareness campaigns under
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (Save the girl child, Educate the girl child) scheme.
- According to a government press release, National Girl Child day 2021 is being celebrated across the country with the objective of raising awareness on the issue of declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR). The celebrations will also mark the anniversary of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme.
- Punjab has announced January 2021 to be the “month of the girl child”.
- The scheme Dheeiyan Di Lohri has also been launched.
- The Odisha government will honour individuals and organisations who have worked towards mitigating child marriage on the National Girl Child Day.
- Madhya Pradesh will celebrate National Girl Child Day with the theme of “Aware girl child, Able Madhya Pradesh” under the scheme Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao. From January 24 to 30, the state will also observe the National Girl Child week.
International Education Day:
- January 24 is marked as ‘Education Day’ globally to celebrate the role of education for peace and development.
- On December 3, 2018, the United Nations (UN) General Assembly adopted a resolution co-authored by Nigeria and 58 other member states, demonstrating the “unwavering political will to support transformative actions for inclusive, equitable and quality education for all.”
- This year, International Education Day will be celebrated on the theme- ‘Recover and revitalise education for the COVID-19 generation’.
2. Uttar Pradesh Foundation Day is observed on January 24. This year in which edition?
- Uttar Pradesh is celebrating its foundation day January 24.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the Sthapna Diwas at a gala at Awadh Shilpgram in capital city Lucknow.
- The theme of Uttar Pradesh Divas is ‘Self-reliant Uttar Pradesh : Women, youths, Farmers: Development of all, Honour to All.’ Sabka Vikas Sabka Samman ‘.
A huge exhibition on the theme of ‘One District One Product’ is also being displayed at Gautam Budh Nagar in NCR.
An app of MSME department ‘Udhyam Sarthi ‘ was launched on this occasion. This app is said to be a master key for youths that , on a Click, will provide all detailed information regarding employment.
3. According to India Today Group-Karvy Insights Mood of the Nation (MOTN) poll, which state CM has been rated the best performing Chief Minister for the fourth consecutive year?
Answer: A)Uttar Pradesh
|1||Yogi Adityanath||Uttar Pradesh|
|3||Mamata Banerjee||West Bengal|
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Kotak Mahindra Bank has introduced instant in-principle sanction of home loans on its digital platform – Kotak Digi Home Loans. The bank is offering home loans starting at ____?
A) 6.75 per cent
B) 5.75 per cent
C) 1.75 per cent
D) 2.75 per cent
E) 4.75 per cent
Answer: A) 6.75 per cent
Kotak Mahindra Bank:
Hq : Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD and CEO : Udaykotak
Tagline : Let’s make money simple, Ab Kona KonaKotak
Kotak Mahindra Bank – instant in-principle sanction of home loans on its digital platform – Kotak Digi Home Loans.
5. Shrishti Goswami assumed the charge of CM of which state for one day?
- Twenty-year-old Shrishti Goswami from Haridwar took charge as the chief minister of Uttarakhand for one day.
- She gave suggestions on three main points – safety of children and girls, checking drug usage among youngsters and stopping hill migration in the state.
Capital : Dehradun(Winter), Gairsain(Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
Shrishti Goswami – The charge of CM Uttarakhand for one day.
6. Tableau from which state/UT will participate in the Republic Day Parade on Rajpath for the first time this year?
A)Jammu & Kashmir
- A tableau from Ladakh will participate in the Republic Day Parade on Rajpath for the first time this year.
- Ladakh’s tableau will depict the iconic Thiksey Monastery located on top of a hill in Thikse in Leh district, and is one of the most-visited tourist sites in the region.
- It will also feature the Indian Astronomical Observatory, located in Hanle near Leh.
- Uttar Pradesh’s tableau will feature a replica of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya, which is currently under construction.
- It will also display the culture, tradition and art related to the temple town.
- The tableau of Punjab will reflect the theme of the unparalleled and supreme sacrifice of Ninth Sikh Guru Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur.
- Uttarakhand’s tableau will represent ‘Kedarkhand’ in the Republic Day parade.
- The front portion of the tableau displays the state animal musk deer, state bird monal pheasant and state flower Brahmakamal whereas behind these a model of the Kedarnath temple compound has been displayed along with devotees.
- This will be the first Republic Day parade without a chief guest in more than five decades.
- UK PM Boris Johnson, who had initially accepted India’s invitation to be a chief guest, had cancelled his visit due to the rapid rise of Covid-19 cases in the United Kingdom.
- There was no chief guest during the Republic Day parade in 1952, 1953 and 1966 before this.
Capital : Leh, Kargil
Lt Governor : Radha Krishna Mathur
Tableau from Ladakh – Take part in Republic Day parade.
7. Union Minister of state for Home G Kishan Reddy inaugurated Special COVID Awareness Campaign launched in which state?
- Union Minister of state for Home G Kishan Reddy inaugurated Special COVID Awareness Campaign launched in Hyderabad by Press Information Bureau (PIB) and Regional Outreach Bureau (ROB) of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- He flagged off 8 Mobile Publicity Vans which will hold multi-media publicity about COVID vaccination in 8 COVID intense districts of Telangana including Hyderabad.
- The Minister also inaugurated a Photo Exhibition in connection with Parakram Diwas and COVID vaccination.
Capital : Hyderabad
CM : K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan
G Kishan Reddy – Inaugurate Special COVID Awareness Campaign in Hyderabad.
Which state has become the first state to get additional 660 crore rupees for capital projects for successfully carrying out reforms in various citizen-centric areas?
Answer: B)Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to get additional funds for capital projects for successfully carrying out reforms in various citizen-centric areas.
- The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has allocated additional 660 crore rupees to the state for capital expenditure for undertaking the One Nation, One Ration Card Reforms, Ease of Doing Business Reforms, and Urban Local Bodies Reforms.
- The State has also completed a part of the fourth reform- the Power Sector reform.
- 50 percent of the approved amount has also been released to the state as 1st instalment for the approved projects.
“Special Assistance to States for capital expenditure”:
- The scheme of “Special Assistance to States for capital expenditure” was announced by the Finance Minister on 12th October last year under the AtmaNirbhar Bharat package.
- The Scheme is aimed at boosting capital expenditure by the State Governments who are facing a difficult financial environment this year due to a shortfall in tax revenue arising from the COVID 19 pandemic.
- The scheme has got very warm response from the State Governments.
- So far capital expenditure proposals of Rs.10,657 crore of 27 States have been approved by the Ministry of Finance.
- An amount of Rs.5,328 crore has already been released to the States as the first instalment under the scheme. State-wise allocation, approval granted and funds released is attached. Tamil Nadu has not availed the benefit of the scheme.
- The capital expenditure projects have been approved in diverse sectors of economy like, Health, Rural Development, Water Supply, Irrigation, Power, Transport, Education, Urban Development.
- The Scheme has three parts.
- Part–I of the scheme covers the north-eastern and hill States.
- Under this part, Rs.200 crore is allocated to each of the 7 north-eastern States (Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura) and Rs.450 crore is allocated to each of the hill States (Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand).
- In view of higher population and geographical area, the State of Assam has been provided enhanced allocation of Rs.450 crore under the scheme.
- Part-II of the scheme is, for all other States not included in Part-I.
- An amount of Rs.7,500 crore is earmarked for this part.
- This amount has been allocated amongst these States in proportion to their share of central tax as per the interim award of the 15th Finance Commission for the year 2020-21.
- Part-III of the Scheme is aimed at pushing various citizen-centric reforms in the States.
- Under this Part, an amount of Rs.2000 crore is earmarked.
- This amount is available only to those States who carry out at least 3 out of the 4 reforms specified by the Ministry of Finance in its letter dated 17th May, 2020 and send the recommendation for the same through the nodal ministry latest by 15th February, 2021.
- The 4 reforms are – One Nation One Ration Card, Ease of doing Business Reform, Urban Local Body/ Utility Reform and Power Sector Reform.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – First state to get additional funds for capital projects.
Which state launched the ‘PANKH Abhiyan’ under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme in order to aid in empowerment and growth of the girl child?
Answer: B)Madhya Pradesh
- On the occasion of National Girl Child Day, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the ‘PANKH Abhiyan’ under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme in order to aid in empowerment and growth of the girl child.
- PANKH Abhiyan under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme wherein ‘P’ stands for protection, ‘A’ for awareness of their rights, ‘N’ for nutrition, ‘K’ for knowledge and ‘H’ for health.
- The abhiyan will go on for a year.
- The CM also announced scholarships worth Rs6.47 crore for 26,099 girls under Ladli Laxmi Yojana.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – Launch ‘PANKH Abhiyan’ on National Girl Child Day.
Yogi Adityanath inaugurates the newly-built multipurpose indoor stadium in Noida virtually. The stadium built at a cost of how much amount?
A) Rs 201-crore
B) Rs 301-crore
C) Rs 401-crore
D) Rs 501-crore
E) Rs 101-crore
Answer: E) Rs 101-crore
- Uttar Pradesh chief minister, Yogi Adityanath, will inaugurate the newly-built multipurpose indoor stadium in Noida virtually.
- The stadium built at a cost of Rs 101-crore and sprawling over 8,040 square metres has a seating capacity of 4000.
- The stadium has facilities for a number of sports, including Badminton, Table Tennis, Basketball, Handball, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Judo, Wrestling, Boxing, Weight lifting and Taekwondo.
- He added this arena has also capability to host cultural programmes and has facilities to organise national and international level competitions.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Yogi Adityanath – Virtually inaugurates Noida multi-purpose indoor stadium at Noida.