Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1.Modibo Keita passed away. He was Former Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: E) Mali
Currency: West African CFA franc
Prime Minister: Moctar Ouane
Modibo Keita – Former Mali Prime Minister.
BANKING AND FINANCE
2. Which Bank signed an MoU with Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation and BC/SC/ST and Minorities corporations to finance 9,260 mini trucks to the beneficiaries selected by the respective welfare corporations?
A) Indian Overseas Bank
B) Indian Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) Bank of Baroda
Answer: D) Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) signed an MoU (memorandum of understanding) with AP State Civil Supplies Corporation and BC/SC/ST and Minorities corporations to finance 9,260 mini trucks to the beneficiaries selected by the respective welfare corporations.
- The total cost of the vehicle is Rs.6 lakh, the beneficiary contribution is 10% and the remaining 90% will be financed by Bank of Baroda.
- These vehicles will be used for door delivery of quality rice to beneficiaries in the State.
Bank of Baroda:
Head quarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline: India’s International Bank
Capital: Visakhapatnam (executive), Amaravati (legislative), Kurnool (judicial)
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Bank of Baroda + Andhra Pradesh = Provide mini trucks to the beneficiaries selected by the respective welfare corporations.
3. Which financial organization has partnered with the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) to set up a technical support unit for supporting the National Urban Health Mission- Centre of Excellence?
D) World Bank
Answer: A) ADB
- The Asian Development Bank has partnered with the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) to set up a technical support unit, supporting the National Urban Health Mission- Centre of Excellence at the Indian Institute of Public Health Foundation of India.
- The unit will train health officials on dealing with pandemics.
- It will focus on vulnerable populations, stakeholders to plan strategies and chalk out initiatives in collaboration with BBMP.
Asian Development Bank:
Member Countries: 68
Founded Year: 1966
Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
Head: Masatsugu Asakawa
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
ADB + BBMP = Set up a technical support unit, supporting the National Urban Health Mission.
4. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami announces how much amount relief to five lakh farmers?
A) Rs.600 crore
B) Rs.200 crore
C) Rs.500 crore
D) Rs.400 crore
E) Rs.800 crore
Answer: A) Rs.600 crore
- Chief Minister K Palaniswami announced Rs.600 crore relief assistance to about five lakh farmers, whose crops on 3.10 lakh plus hectares were hit due to the recent back-to-back cyclones in Tamil Nadu.
- A norm that permitted relief only up to a maximum of two hectares has been relaxed in view of the losses suffered by ryots and the assistance shall cover loss in its entirety without any upper limit.
- The Chief Minister increased aid, covered under input subsidy head, to Rs.20,000 from Rs.13,500 per hectare for rainfed and irrigated paddy and for other crops with irrigation amenities.
- For all rainfed crops, barring paddy, the relief assistance per hectare is raised to Rs.10,000 from the present Rs.7,410.
- The Chief Minister hiked assistance under the perennial crops’ category to Rs.25,000 from the present Rs.18,000 per hectare.
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Tamil Nadu – Announce Rs.600-crore relief assistance to 500,000 farmers.
5. ‘Another Round’ is opening Movie of the 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) at Goa. This Movie is related to which country?
B) South Korea
D) United States of America
E) United Kingdom
Answer: A) Denmark
- The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will open on 16th January, with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
- The movie starring Cannes Best Actor Award Winner Mads Mikkelsen is among a star-studded line up of movies being showcased at IFFI.
- The movie is also Denmark’s official entry to the Oscars.
- The festival will also witness the World Premier of ‘Mehrunisa’. The film by Sandeep Kumar will premier mid-fest.
- The festival will close on 24th January with the India Premier of the historical drama ‘Wife of a Spy’ by Kiyoshi Kurosawa.
- 51st IFFI is being organized from 16th to 24th January in Goa.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
‘Another Round’ – Denmark’s Oscar nominee – opening movie at 51st IFFI in Goa.