Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Which state will host the second Khelo India University Games (KIUG) 2021?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Karnataka will host the second Khelo India University Games (KIUG) later this year, state chief minister BS Yediyurappa and Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Games to be held in the city-based Jain University and other venues.
- KIUG is the largest University Games in the country and is aimed at tapping sporting talent, who can represent India in international events, including the Olympics.
- The first edition of KIUG was held in Bhubaneswar in February last year and saw a total participation of 3,182 athletes in the U-25 age group, across 158 universities and colleges from all states.
- This year, Yogasana and Mallakhamb have been added to the roster, with an effort to preserve and promote the century-old sporting disciplines of the country.
Karnataka – Host Khelo India University Games 2021.
2. Mohan Delkar passed away. He was related to which field?
B) Film Maker
Answer: E) Politician
- Mohan Delkar, seven-term Lok Sabha member from Dadra and Nagar Haveli, was found dead.
- The body of Delkar (58), Independent MP from Dadra and Nagar Haveli Union Territory, was found at the sea-facing hotel in south Mumbai’s Marine Drive area.
- Delkar was in May 2019 elected to the 17th Lok Sabha, his seventh term in the House.
- He was also a member of the Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice and a member of the Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs of the Lower House.
- He was first elected to the 9th Lok Sabha from Dadra and Nagar Haveli constituency in 1989 as a Congress nominee.
- He won six consecutive elections from the constituency during 1989-2009, failing to retain the seat in the Lok Sabha elections in 2009 and 2014.
- However, he successfully contested the 17th Lok Sabha as an Independent candidate.
- Delkar won the 1989, 1991 and 1996 elections as a Congress candidate and the 1998 election as a BJP candidate.
- He rejoined the Congress and unsuccessfully contested in 2009 and 2014.
Mohan Delkar – MP from Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Life Insurance Corporation of India has introduced a new non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings plan named _____ which offers an attractive combination of protection and savings?
A) Seva Jyoti
B) Geedha Jyoti
C) Bima Jyoti
D) Live Jyoti
E) Jeeva Jyoti
Answer: C) Bima Jyoti
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has introduced a new non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings plan which offers an attractive combination of protection and savings.
- The plan LIC’s Bima Jyoti provides guaranteed lumpsum payments at maturity and financial support to the family in case of the unfortunate death of the policyholder during the policy term.
- Guaranteed additions at the rate of Rs 50 per thousand basic sum assured will be added to the policy at the end of each policy year.
- The minimum basic sum assured is Rs 1 lakh with no upper limit.
- The policy can be taken for a term of 15 to 20 years with the premium paying term calculated as the policy term minus five years.
Life Insurance Corporation of India:
Founded: 1 September 1956
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD: Siddhartha Mohanty
LIC – Individual savings plan LIC’s Bima Jyoti.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. ‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Journey of an Actor’ is written by whom?
A) Kabir Bedi
B) Kiran Bedi
C) Anand Bedi
D) Sathish Bedi
E) Balu Bedi
Answer: A) Kabir Bedi
- Veteran actor Kabir Bedi will tell the story of his life “with raw emotional honesty” in his memoir which will be published this April.
- ‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Journey of an Actor’ will take readers through the highs and lows of Bedi’s professional and personal life, his relationships, including marriage and divorce, why his beliefs have changed, and his exciting days in film, television and theatre, in India, Europe and Hollywood, publishers Westland.
‘The Lost Soul’:
- The latest book by Nobel laureate Olga Tokarczuk to be translated into English is a departure for the celebrated Polish author.
- ‘The Lost Soul’, which comes out this week in the U.S., is a poetic story of a man who loses his soul in the daily rush and can only regain it in a very special way.
- The book has many meanings, also inspired by its nostalgic, meditative drawings by Polish artist Joanna Concejo.
“They Found What/They Made What”:
- “They Found What/They Made What”, published by Hachette, is written by fantasy and science-fiction author Shweta Taneja.
- The children’s book, done in a unique two-in-one format, will hit the stands on National Science Day — February 28.
Agriculture Acts 2020:
- Dravidar Kazhagam president K. Veeramani released a book, Agriculture Acts 2020, written by Justice A.K. Rajan, former judge of the Madras High Court.
- The book is about the three controversial Central farm laws, which triggered massive protests by farmers in New Delhi.
‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Journey of an Actor’ – Kabir Bedi(Author) – Westland (Publisher).
5. Who is appointed as Chairman of Shriram Capital Limited?
A) K P Ramesh
B) K P Krishnan
C) K P Karthik
D) K P Varun
E) K P Sivan
Answer: B) K P Krishnan
Shriram Capital Limited:
Chairman: K P Krishnan
Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
K P Krishnan – Chairman of Shriram Capital Limited.
6. Who is appointed as new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army?
A) Lt Gen B S Kamal
B) Lt Gen B S Ganesh
C) Lt Gen B S Raju
D) Lt Gen B S Arun
E) Lt Gen B S Vishnu
Answer: C) Lt Gen B S Raju
- Lt Gen B S Raju, the General-Officer-Commanding of the Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, will be the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army.
- Lt Gen D P Pandey, currently serving as the Director General of the Territorial Army, will succeed Lt Gen Raju at the crucial corps that carries out the Army’s counter-insurgency operations in Kashmir.
Lt Gen B S Raju – New Director General of Military Operations of Indian Army.
7. Which organisation bagged four awards at the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) National Awards 2020 in a virtual award ceremony?
Answer: E) NTPC
- NTPC Ltd, India’s largest energy integrated company bagged four awards at the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) National Awards 2020 in a virtual award ceremony.
- NTPC corporate communications team was awarded for the exemplary work done by team throughout the year.
- The Chief Guests Baby Rani Maurya, Governor Uttrakhand and Ramesh Pokhriyal, Union Education Minister, presented the awards to the winners.
- NTPC Scope won the first prize for the comic book ‘Meet The Bijlees’ in the special/prestigious publication category.
- NTPC Scope also bagged the second prize for the best Corporate Film category in English.
- NTPC Mouda received the third prize for its E-newsletter while NTPC Unchahar and NTPC Simhadri were also awarded for their work in CSR categories.
- The jury members included Mr Sarthak Behuria, Ex-Chairman, SCOPE & IOCL, Dr K K Agarwal, Ex-President, Indian Medical Association, Ms Stuti Kakkar, Ex-Chairman, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Ms Yeshi Seli, Associate Editor, Business India, Mr Shishir Sinha, Associate Editor, The Hindu, Mr Y Babji, Secretary-General, PRSI and Dr Ajit Pathak, National President, PRSI.
Abbreviation: National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
Chairman: Shri Gurdeep Singh
NTPC – Four awards at Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) National Awards 2020.
8. Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards is founded in which year?
Answer: E) 1969
- The Indian film industry, the third-largest in the world, is known for its larger-than-life films and diverse filmdom.
- In order to commemorate ‘the father of Indian cinema’, Dadasaheb Phalke, the Government of India introduced the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards in 1969.
Winners of the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2021:
|Best Actor (Female)||Deepika Padukone, Chhapaak|
|Best Actor (Male)||Akshay Kumar, Laxmii|
|Critic’s Best Actress||Kiara Advani, Guilty|
|Critic’s Best Actor||Sushant Singh Rajput|
|Best Film||Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior|
|Best International Feature Film||Parasite|
|Most Versatile Actor||Kay Kay Menon|
|Best Director||Anurag Basu, Ludo|
|Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Vikrant Massey, Chhapaak|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||Radhika Madan, Angrezi Medium|
|Best Actor in Comic Role||Kunal Kemmu, Lootcase|
|Best Actor (Web Series)||Bobby Deol, Aashram|
|Best Actress (Web Series)||Sushmita Sen, Aarya|
|Best Web Series||Scam: 1992|
|Album of the Year||Titliyaan|
|Best Television Series||Kundali Bhagya|
|Photographer of the Year||Daboo Ratnani|
|Style Diva of the Year||Divya Khosla Kumar|
|Best Actress in Television Series||Surbhi Chandna|
|Best Actor in Television Series||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Performer of the Year||Nora Fatehi|
|Outstanding Contribution to Film Industry||Dharmendra|
|Outstanding Contribution to Literature in Indian Cinema||Chetan Bhagat|
9. How many companies selected for the prestigious National Technology Awards 2020 for commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies?
Answer: D) 12
- A total of 12 companies have been selected for the National Technology Awards 2020 for commercialization of successful commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies.
They have been selected under three categories indigenous technologies, MSME, and startups.
- Every year, for furtherance of its mandate, TDB seeks applications for prestigious National awards for commercialization of technologies under these three categories.
- These awards conferred to various industries provides a platform of recognition to Indian industries and their technology provider, who have worked as a team, to bring innovation to the market and contributed to the vision of “Aatma Nirbhar Bharat”.
- The awards were given by the Technology Development Board (TDB) , a statutory body of Government of India functioning under Department of Science of Technology for the year 2019-20.
- The winners were selected from a total 128 applications after thorough examination by eminent technologists and a stringent two-tier evaluation process.
Category 1: NATIONAL AWARD FOR SUCCESSFUL COMMERCIALIZATION OF INDIGENOUS TECHNOLOGY
- This award is given to an industrial concern which has successfully developed & commercialized an indigenous technology.
- In case, the technology developer / provider and the company commercializing the technology are two different organizations, each is eligible for award of ₹25 Lakh and a trophy.
(i) Company: M/s L&T Special Steels and Heavy Forgings Private Limited, Surat
Technology Provider: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Mumbai.
(ii)Company: M/s Vinati Organics Limited, Mumbai.
Technology Provider: CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT), Hyderabad
Category 2: NATIONAL AWARD FOR MSMES
- The Award, of Rs. 15 lakhs each in this category is given to selected MSME’s that has successfully commercialized the product based on indigenous technology.
(i) M/s AKS Information Technology Services Private Limited, Noida
(ii) M/s SVP Laser Technologies Private Limited, Chennai
(iii) M/s Kan Biosys Private Limited, Pune
(iv) M/s AlgalR NutraPharms Private Limited, Thanjavur
Category 3: NATIONAL AWARD FOR TECHNOLOGY START-UPS
This award is given to a technology start-up for promising new technology with potential for commercialization. The award in addition to the trophy includes a cash award of ₹15 Lakh.
(i) M/s RAR Engineering Private Limited, Delhi
(ii) M/s Fibroheal Wound care Private Limited, Bangalore
(iii) M/s Althion Tech Innovations Private Limited., Hyderabad
(iv) M/s KBCols Sciences Private Limited, Pune
(v) M/s Shira MedTech Private Limited, Ahmedabad
(vi) M/s Newndra Innovations Private Limited, Jaipur
12 companies – The prestigious National Technology Awards 2020 for commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which Institution develops a unique ‘Crowd and Mask’ Monitoring System to prevent Covid-19 spread?
A) IISER Chennai
B) IISER Kolkata
C) IISER Bombay
D) IISER Hyderabad
E) IISER Bhopal
Answer: E) IISER Bhopal
- Researchers at Bhopal’s Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) have developed a low cost AI-powered system that will monitor the movement of people on campus and send a pre-recorded message as an alert if social distancing norms are violated.
- Aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19, the ‘Crowd and Mask’ monitoring system will help in maintaining a minimum three-feet distance among students.
- As the institute begins the process of bringing students back on campus, the AI monitoring system will replicate manual policing.
IISER Bhopal – A unique ‘Crowd and Mask’ Monitoring System to prevent Covid-19 spread.
11. India offers how much amount credit line to Mauritius to procure defence assets?
A) $ 200 mn
B) $ 300 mn
C) $ 400 mn
D) $ 500 mn
E) $ 100 mn
Answer: E) $ 100 mn
- India offered a USD 100 million line of credit to Mauritius to facilitate procurement of defence assets and the two countries signed a Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Partnership Agreement following talks between External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth.
- The two sides also exchanged letters on provision of Dornier aircraft and Dhruv helicopter by India to step up Mauritius’ maritime monitoring capabilities.
Capital : Port Louis
Currency: Mauritian rupee
India – $100 mn credit line to Mauritius to procure defence assets.
12. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the extension of Kolkata Metro Railway from Noapara to Dakshineswar. What is the length of this route?
Answer: C) 4.1-km
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the extension of Kolkata Metro Railway from Noapara to Dakshineswar, revered for the over 160-year-old temple of Goddess Kali.
- He virtually flagged off the inaugural train from Noapara to Dakshineswar in the 4.1-km stretch of the north- south corridor of the metro railway.
- Modi also dedicated to the nation the third line between Kalaikunda and Jhargram, doubling of Azimganj to Khagraghat Road section, fourth line between Dankuni and Baruipara, and the third line between Rasulpur and Magra.
- The prime minister added that the metro railway extension will ensure easier and faster connectivity between the city’s Kalighat Temple and the Dakshineswar Kali Temple.
Prime Minister, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Narendra Modi – Kolkata Metro extension from Noapara to Dakshineswar.
13. Ayodhya Airport has been named as which name?
A) Maryada Purushottam Vishnu Airport
B) Maryada Purushottam Sriram Airport
C) Maryada Purushottam Rama Airport
D) Maryada Purushottam Krishna Airport
E) Maryada Purushottam Karna Airport
Answer: B) Maryada Purushottam Sriram Airport
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Ayodhya Airport – named as Maryada Purushottam Sriram Airport.
14. Who inaugurates the second phase of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav at Raj Bhawan in Darjeeling?
A) Amit Shah
B) Venkaiah Naidu
C) Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Narendra Modi
E) Ramnath Kovind
Answer: C) Prahlad Singh Patel
- Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism, Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurates the second phase of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav at Raj Bhawan in Darjeeling.
- The closing ceremony of the three-day event will be attended by West Bengal Governor, Jagdeep Dhankar.
- A choreographic presentation by Odissi Vision and Movement Centre followed by recitals by Dona Ganguly (Odissi), Michael (Saxophone) and Shayne Hyrapiet (Band) will mark the beginning of the event on first day while on second day, Sounak Chattopadhyay will recite Rabindra Sangeet followed by a creative dance recital by Saphire Dance troupe and the North eastern band of Daniel Engti and Kamran and the Boyz Band.
- The last day would witness Bail songs by Anuttam Baul after which Kathak Ballet by Sanskriti Sreyaskar would be held.
- Local artistes will also perform on all the days and 20 crafts stalls from across the country showcasing genuine hand-crafted products will also be setup.
Incredible India Mega Homestay Development, Training Workshop:
- Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel inauguratea the three day Incredible India Mega Homestay Development and Training Workshop in Darjeeling.
- The concept of Homestay is getting popular in Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts of Northern part of West Bengal.
- The involvement of the local community is more than ever in this Homestay Tourism at one of the most favoured hill stations for domestic and inbound tourists.
Culture and Tourism:
Minister: Prahalad Singh Patel
Constituency: Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
Prahlad Singh Patel – Second phase of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav begins in Darjeeling.
15. Who has inaugurated Skill Development Centre (SDC) for Fire Safety Training of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at Pilkhuwa in
Uttar Pradesh through virtual mode?
A) Rajnath Singh
B) Venkaiah Naidu
C) Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Narendra Modi
E) Ramnath Kovind
Answer: A) Rajnath Singh
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has inaugurated Skill Development Centre (SDC) for Fire Safety Training of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at Pilkhuwa in Uttar Pradesh through virtual mode on February 22, 2021.
- The facility, created by Delhi based DRDO laboratory Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES); is aimed at developing trained human resources, fire safety technology and products to save precious human lives and valued assets.
- In his inaugural address, Raksha Mantri congratulated DRDO for this significant step in the field of fire safety.
- He emphasised that in any fire tragedy the nation loses precious lives and valuable assets.
- To prevent such losses, this Training Centre will go a long way in ensuring quality training to the personnel and preventing such mishaps.
- The first of its kind in India, the SDC has been created by adopting state of art technology and setting up of simulation systems for validation of fire at realistic scale in order to meet the challenges and enhance the skills of Defence Fire Service Personnel and combatants from the Armed Forces.
- Spread in 24 acres area at Pilkhuwa, the DRDO facility would be utilised for imparting fire prevention and fire-fighting training to the Fire Service personnel of Indian Armed Forces, DRDO, Ordnance Factories, Coast Guard and defence undertakings.
- Director General Human Resources Shri K S Varaprasad, Director General System Analysis & Modelling Ms Nabanita Radhakrishnan, Director CFEES, Shri Rajiv Narang and other dignitaries of MoD were also present on the occasion.
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Shri Rajnath Singh – DRDO Skill Development Centre for Fire Safety Training.