Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey WC to be hosted in which state?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Odisha
After the stupendous success of Odisha Men’s Hockey World Cup in 2018 and the scale at which it was hosted, FIH had announced last year that the 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup will be hosted in Odisha, for a second consecutive time, at two venues, Bhubaneswar and Rourkela. Odisha – 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey WC.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
2. D Ethiraj passed away.He was related to which sports?
Answer: B) Football
Former India football player and member of the 1962 Asian Games gold medal-winning team D. Ethiraj passed away in Bengaluru.
D. Ethiraj -1962 Asian Games gold medallist (Football).
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. BSE has launched an electronic spot platform for agricultural commodities through its subsidiary BSE Investments Ltd.who is MD & CEO of BSE?
A) Adena T. Friedman
B) Betty Liu
C) Vikram Limaye
D) Ashishkumar Chauhan
Answer: D) Ashishkumar Chauhan
- BSE (earlier known as Bombay Stock Exchange) has launched an electronic spot platform for agricultural commodities through its subsidiary BSE Investments Ltd.
- BSE E-Agricultural Markets Ltd (BEAM) will function as a national level, institutionalised, electronic, transparent commodity spot trading platform in line with the Prime Minister’s vision to create a single market.
BSE – launch e-agricultural spot market platform.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has released a booklet titled ________ highlighting the reforms introduced by the government in the agriculture sector through the new farm laws?
A) ‘Putting Farmers First’
B) ‘Planting Farmers First’
C) ‘Weaving Farmers First’
D) ‘Observing Farmers First’
Answer: A) ‘Putting Farmers First’
I&B Ministry – booklet to highlight govt’s agricultural reforms.
Law and Justice, Communications and Electronics and Information Technology:
Minister : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Constituency :Patna Sahib, Bihar
5. Which NGO first Indian institution to get UN Population award for its efforts for the elderly over the past four decades?
A) HelpAge India
B) Bharat Sevashram Sangha
C) AIM For Seva
D) Childline India
Answer: A) HelpAge India
- HelpAge India, an NGO that works for the care of elderly disadvantaged persons and senior citizens, recently received the UN Population Award, a first for an institution in India. The award was last conferred on an Indian 28 years ago, when it was awarded to JRD Tata as an individual laureate in 1992.
- HelpAge India has received the award for its efforts for the elderly over the past four decades. Its platform is advocating for senior citizens’ right to universal pension, quality healthcare and action against abuse, among others, at the national and state level.
HelpAge India – first Indian institution to get UN Population award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
6. Which technologies launched a laboratory SARS-CoV-2 antigen test to support high-volume testing of suspected COVID-19 patients?
B) Dr Reddys Labs
C) Cadila Health
D) Sun Pharma
Answer: A) Roche
- Roche launched a laboratory SARS-CoV-2 antigen test to support high-volume testing of suspected COVID-19 patients, as very high demand for tests prompts the Swiss drugmaker to offer new options to the market.
- The Elecsys SARS-CoV-2 antigen test is an automated laboratory assay intended as an aid in diagnosis of active SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Roche – lab antigen test to support high-volume COVID-19 testing.
7. Hetero Healthcare Ltd launched self-sanitizing reusable mask named _____?
Answer: B) DEFEND99
Hetero Healthcare Ltd, a leading pharmaceutical company in India announced the launching of first-of-its-kind masks, DEFEND99 with self senitizing technology, AZI-GUARD
Hetero healthcare – self-sanitizing reusable ‘Defend-99’ mask.
8. Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health have developed a new online “Covid-19 mortality risk” calculator to help prioritise certain groups for vaccination. This institute is related to which country?
Answer: A) USA
- As countries across the globe shift focus on Covid-19 vaccine deployment, researchers at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health have developed a new online “Covid-19 mortality risk” calculator to help prioritise certain groups for vaccination.
The calculator is currently used for estimating Covid-19 mortality risks in individuals across the United States.
- The calculator is based on an algorithm that leverages information from existing large studies to estimate the mortality risk of Covid-19 for individuals based on age, gender, sociodemographic factors and different health conditions.
- The study detailing the risk calculator is presented in a paper published in the journal Nature Medicine.
- The researchers also developed an interactive map to show numbers and the proportion of individuals at various levels of risks across cities, counties and States within the United States in collaboration with PolicyMap Inc.
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health – “risk calculator” to help determine who should get the Covid vaccine first.
9. Which startup have developed an Artificial Intelligence and IoT-based solution to complete a sero survey with 1 crore samples of COVID-19 cases within a week?
C) Thalamus Irwine
Answer: C) Thalamus Irwine
- Indian IT startup Thalamus Irwine claims to have developed an Artificial Intelligence and IoT-based solution to complete a sero survey with 1 crore samples of COVID-19 cases within a week.
- The Delhi-based company has partnered with state-run ITI to host its data and also done a proof of concept with the public sector firm.
Thalamus Irwine – tech to complete COVID-19 sero survey of 1 crore samples in a week.
10. Shipping Ministry issues Draft Indian Ports Bill, 2020 for public consultation which replace the Indian Ports Act of which year?
Answer: C) 1908
- With an aim to structured growth and sustainable development of ports for optimum utilisation of the Indian Coastline by effective administration and management of ports, the Shipping Ministry on Friday said that it has circulated draft of Indian Ports Bill 2020 for public consultation which will repeal and replace the Indian Ports Act, 1908 (Act No. 15 of 1908).
- The proposed Bill will provide measures to facilitate conservation of ports, taking into account the prevalent situation with respect to the high number of non-operational ports.
Shipping Ministry – Draft Indian Ports Bill, 2020 for public consultation.
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways:
Minister : Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Constituency : Rajaya sabha MP , Gujarat
11. Larsen & Toubro has emerged the lowest bidder for three orders worth around how much amount including NPCIL and Chennai Metro Rail jobs?
A) ₹ 2,500 crore
B) ₹ 3,500 crore
C) ₹ 4,500 crore
D) ₹ 5,500 crore
Answer: D) ₹ 5,500 crore
- Larsen & Toubro has emerged the lowest bidder for three orders worth around Rs 5,500 crore, which includes an order from the Nuclear Power Corporation of India for its Kudankulam project
- Other two orders are from Chennai Metro Rail (CMRL) and energy major ONGC
L&T is slated to bag the Chennai Metro Phase II order, which would entail construction of the first 7.95 km elevated section of the Line-4 (Light House – Poonamallee) and the 47 km Line-5 (Madhavaram – Sholinganallur). This line covers nine stations from Power House to Porur Junction.
- It also won a five-year engagement which has a potential value of over $100 million from a global oil and gas major.
Larsen & Toubro – Rs 5,500 cr orders, including NPCIL and Chennai Metro Rail jobs.
Larsen & Toubro:
CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan
12. Who addressed the Climate Ambition Summit 2020 on the fifth anniversary of the Paris Climate Agreement?
A) Home Ministry
C) Vice President
D) Prime Minister
Answer: D) Prime Minister
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Climate Ambition Summit 2020 on the fifth anniversary of the Paris Climate Agreement.
- The Prime Minister addressed the summit through video conference due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Prime Minister said that the country has reduced its emission by 21 per cent over 2005 levels.
- He also said that India has managed to grow its solar capacity from 2.63 GigaWatts in 2014 to 36 GigaWatts in 2020.
- PM Modi said, “Our renewable energy capacity is the fourth largest in the world. It will reach 175 GigaWatts before 2020.”
PM Modi – address Climate Ambition Summit 2020.