Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Universal Health Coverage Day is observed on which date?
A) December 11
B) December 14
C) December 13
D) December 12
Answer: D) December 12
- Universal Health Coverage Day is celebrated annually on December 12 and is promoted by the World Health Organization.
- December 12 is the anniversary of the first unanimous United Nations resolution calling for all nations to provide for their citizens affordable, quality health care.
- UHC is promoted as an instrument to help advance the more broadly conceived human right to health, which is based upon a number of international agreements, or widely affirmed international documents.
- Universal health coverage has been included in the new Sustainable Development Goals for 2015-2030, adopted by the United Nations. In many nations, inclusive healthcare is very rudimentary and does not include heroic interventions or long term care.
- WaterAid reports that national infrastructure in many nations cannot support first world healthcare delivery mechanisms because it may not even provide potable water, let alone electricity.
The theme of 2020 is “Health for all: protect everyone. To end this crisis and build a safer and health systems that protect us all now”.
2. Kim Ki-duk passed away. He was director of which country?
A) South Africa
B) South Korea
C) North Korea
Answer: B) South Korea
- South Korean director Kim Ki-duk, who won the top award at the Venice Film Festival in 2012 has died.
- Kim won the top prize at the Venice Film Festival with his 2012 film “Pieta,” a brutal mother-and-son tale of revenge and redemption.
- He also won prizes for best director at festivals in Venice and Berlin, and secured another award at the 2011 Cannes festival for his movie “Arirang”.
Kim Ki-duk – Award-winning South Korean director.
Currency: South Korean won
3. UA Khader passed away. He was writer of which language?
Answer: A) Malayalam
- Well-known writer UA Khader, whose novels and stories over the last five decades in Malayalam are considered among the finest published works in the language, passed away.
- Khader won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award in 1983 and the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award in 2009 for his most acclaimed work ‘Thrikkottur Peruma’.
UA Khader – Renowned Malayalam writer.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Exim Bank has extended a Line of Credit of how much amount to Uzbekistan for financing various projects in the Roads & Transport, Water and Technology & Communication sectors?
A) $428 million
B) $348 million
C) $448 million
D) $548 million
Answer: C) $448 million
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank), on behalf of the Government of India, has extended a Line of Credit (LOC) of $448 million to the Government of Republic of Uzbekistan.
- This LOC is for financing various projects in the Roads & Transport, Water and Technology & Communication sectors in Uzbekistan.
- With the signing of this LOC Agreement, Exim Bank has now in place 266 Lines of Credit, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, CIS and the Oceania, with credit commitments of around $26.59 billion, available for financing exports from India.
EXIM Bank – Extend LOC of $448 million to Uzbekistan.
EXIM Bank: Headquaters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO : David Rasquinha
Currency: Uzbekistani som
5. Which insurance company launched ‘GotYouCovered’ campaign to appreciate frontline healthcare workers who are striving to protect people from the Covid-19 pandemic?
A) Aegon Life Insurance
B) Care Health Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer: D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance launched ‘GotYouCovered’ campaign, a special initiative to appreciate frontline healthcare workers who are striving to protect people from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance has joined hands with Primero Skills & Training, a skill development organisation imparting free skills and training programmes to youth under the Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative, to support its healthcare workers by masking them against life and health risks during the ongoing Covid pandemic.
- The company will promote #GotYouCovered initiative and encourage people to acknowledge the efforts of frontline healthcare workers.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance – ‘GotYouCovered’ campaign to appreciate frontline healthcare workers.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance: Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Parag Raja
6. Rohit Jain is appointed as executive director of which organisation?
Answer: A) RBI
The Reserve Bank has appointed R Subramanian, RS Ratho and Rohit Jain as executive directors.
Subramanian will look after foreign exchange department, financial markets regulation department, internal debt management and international department.
Prior to being promoted as executive director, he was Chief General Manager-in-Charge, Enforcement Department.
- Ratho will look after financial markets operations department, department of external investments and operations, legal department and secretary’s department.
- Before this promotion, Ratho was Chief General Manager, Financial Markets Operations Department.
- Jain will look after Department of Supervision (Risk, Analytics and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Earlier, he was Chief General Manager-in-Charge of the supervision department.
The Reserve Bank – R Subramanian, RS Ratho and Rohit Jain as executive directors.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao).
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Tulane University School of Medicine developed a portable saliva-based smartphone testing platform for COVID-19 can provide results within 15 minutes without the need for resource-intensive laboratory methods. This University is related to which country?
Answer: A) USA
- Tulane University School of Medicine Scientists have developed a portable saliva-based smartphone testing platform for COVID-19 which they claim can provide results within 15 minutes without the need for resource-intensive laboratory methods.
- To develop the platform for saliva-based testing, the researchers built a prototype assay chip that uses CRISPR/Cas12a molecules to better detect the viral genetic material within a saliva sample.
- They integrated this chip into a smartphone-based fluorescence microscope readout device, which captures and analyses images to determine whether the virus is present above a threshold concentration.
Tulane University School of Medicine – Develop smartphone-read saliva testing method for Covid-19.
8. India signed nine agreements with which country to strategic partnership to a new and higher level?
Answer: C) Uzbekistan
- India and Uzbekistan signed nine Agreements and Memorandum of Understandings, MoUs in various areas including in the field of Solar Energy, Digital Technologies and on High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDP).
- India and Uzbekistan have agreed to work towards an early conclusion of Bilateral Investment Treaty to facilitate investment promotion and protection for further improvement of trade and economic cooperation.
- The Indian side confirmed the approval of a 448 million US dollar Line of Credit to be extended by India for four developmental projects in Uzbekistan in the fields of road construction, sewerage treatment and information technology.
- The Indian side reiterated its commitment to further deepen the development partnership between India and Uzbekistan, including under the framework of India-Central Asia dialogue.
- The Uzbek side conveyed its desire to explore the possibility of implementing priority developmental projects in Uzbekistan as part of the one billion US dollar Line of Credit offered by India for Central Asian countries during the second meeting of the India-Central Asia Dialogue.
India + Uzbekistan = Sign nine agreements to strengthen strategic partnership.
Currency: Uzbekistani som
9. The Finance Ministry has approved how much amount worth capital expenditure proposals of 27 states?
A) Rs 5,879.61 crore
B) Rs 7,879.61 crore
C) Rs 8,879.61 crore
D) Rs 9,879.61 crore
Answer: D) Rs 9,879.61 crore
- The Finance Ministry has approved Rs 9,879.61 crore worth capital expenditure proposals of 27 states.
- Of this, Rs 4,939.81 crore has been released as the first installment.
all states, except Tamil Nadu, have availed benefits of the newly announced scheme for ‘Special Assistance to States for Capital Expenditure.
- The capital expenditure projects have been approved in diverse sectors like, health, rural development, water supply, irrigation, power, transport, education, urban development.
The Finance Ministry – approve Rs 9,879 cr capital expenditure proposal of 27 states.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
10. 9th edition of Sustainable Mountain Development Summit begins in which place?
A) Bangalore, Karnataka
B) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
C) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
D) New Delhi, Delhi
Answer: C) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- The ninth edition of the Sustainable Mountain Development Summit (SMDS) in Dehradun
- The theme for this year is Emerging Pathways for Building a Resilient Post COVID-19 Mountain Economy, Adaptation, Innovation and Acceleration.
- The summit will focus on the overall objective of building pathways toward a resilient and sustainable mountain economy in the context of a post COVID-19 scenario and Climate Change.
Dehradun – The ninth edition of the Sustainable Mountain Development Summit.
Capital : Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
11. Which Ministry launched the NCD Medical Officer App will ensure that the missing links in the follow up of patients suffering from Non-Communicable Diseases?
A) Health Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Women & Child Development Ministry
D) Commerce & Industry Ministry
Answer: A) Health Ministry
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare today chaired an event to mark Universal Health Coverage Day.
- Sh. Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare joined the event virtually from Patna.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched some resourceful apps and guidelines for implementing and monitoring various health programs on the occasion.
- The SDG-3 Health Dashboard would enable Policy makers and program implementers, to identify key priorities areas that require action and in framing future action plan for achieving Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
- A compendium of Health and Wellness Centers Operationalization which provides an overview of the progress and achievement over the last two years in operationalizing Health and Wellness Centers across the country under the Ayushman Bharat program.
- An e-Booklet on key information of ICT interventions by National Health Mission detailing IT initiatives taken up under the National Health Mission. This will serve as a ready reference compendium for all the stakeholders.
- The NCD Medical Officer App will ensure that the missing links in the follow up of patients suffering from Non-Communicable Diseases can be established in a more effective way.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan also released the 5th National Family Health Survey (NFHS) which contains detailed information on population, health, and nutrition for India and its States and Union Territories.
- This is a globally important data source as it is comparable to Demographic Health Surveys (DHS) Programme of 90 other countries on several key indicators and can be used for cross country comparisons and development indices.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan – release SDG Dashboard and NCD Medical Officer App.
Health and Family Welfare, Science
and Technology and Earth Sciences:
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
12. Which state observed the 81st anniversary of the “women’s war” on December 12?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Manipur
- Manipur observed the 81st anniversary of the “women’s war”.
- It was on December 12, 1939, that the women took up the cudgels against the British government after some of its officials colluded with traders to export the tasty and high nutrition Manipuri rice, pushing people to the point of starvation.
Manipur – observed 81st anniversary of ‘women’s war’.
Capital : Imphal
CM: N. Biren Singh
Governor : Najma Heptulla
13. Andhra Pradesh announced how much amount financial assistance a year for each student under Amma Vodi scheme?
Answer: B) ₹15,000
The Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, announced that financial assistance of ₹15,000 a year will be given to students hailing from underprivileged sections studying from Classes I to XII, under the Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme, for the 2020-21 academic year.
Andhra Pradesh – ₹15,000 financial assistance a year for each student under Amma Vodi scheme.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan