Daily Current Affairs September 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 30
1. World Heart Day was first observed on?
Answer: B) 2000
- Date: September 29
- Day: World Heart Day
- 1st Observed: 2000
- Theme: Use Heart For Every Heart
- Others: World Heart Day was originally celebrated on September 24, 2000, and up until 2011, it was marked as the final Sunday in September.
2. International Translation Day is observed on?
A) September 26
B) September 27
C) September 28
D) September 29
E) September 30
Answer: E) September 30
- Date: September 30
- Day: International Translation Day
- 1st Observed: 2017
- Theme: A world without barriers
- Others: The General Assembly on May 24, 2017 has adopted a resolution for language professionals and announced September 30 as International Translation Day.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 30
3. RBI hiked benchmark lending rate by how many basis points?
A) 40 bps
B) 20 bps
C) 50 bps
D) 10 bps
E) 30 bps
Answer: C) 50 bps
- The Reserve Bank of India raised benchmark lending rate by 50 basis points, the fourth straight increase since May, as it extended its battle to tame stubbornly high inflation.
- The central bank cut its forecast of India’s economic growth to 7 per cent for current fiscal year from an earlier projection of 7.2 per cent largely because of headwinds from extended geopolitical tensions and tightening global financial conditions.
- It however retained the retail inflation forecast at 6.7 per cent for 2022-23.
- Consumer price inflation (CPI) accelerated to 7 per cent in August, driven by a surge in food prices, and has stayed above the RBI’s mandated 2-6 per cent target band for eight consecutive months.
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility Rate||6.15%|
|Standing Deposit Facility Rate||5.65%|
|Cash Reserve Ratio||4.50%|
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio||18.00%|
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 30
4. India’s current account deficit raisedhow many percent to USD 23.9 billion in Q1 of FY23?
Answer: A) 2.8%
- The Reserve Bank has informed that India’s current account balance recorded a deficit of 23.9 billion dollars in the first quarter, an increase of 13.4 billion from the last quarter.
- This rise of the Current Account Deficit from 1.5 percent of GDP to 2.8 percent of GDP was primarily due to the widening of trade deficit from 54.5 billion dollars to 68.6 billion dollars.
- The net outgo of investment income payments also increased from 7.5 billion dollars to 9.3 billion dollars.
- As per the data released by the Reserve Bank on India’s Balance of Payments during the First Quarter of 2022-23, the services exports grew 35.4 percent on a year-on-year basis, led by broad-based growth in computer, business, transportation and travel services.
- The net foreign portfolio investment recorded outflows of 14.6 billion dollars as against a net inflow of 0.4 billion dollars during the reported quarter.
- The net foreign direct investment, however, recorded an annual increase from 11.6 billion dollars to 13.6 billion.
- In a statement on India’s external debt at end-June 2022, RBI has said that external debt to GDP ratio declined from 19.9 percent in the preceding quarter to 19.4 percent.
- India’s external debt was placed at 617.1 billion dollars at end-June 2022.
- The long-term debt, with original maturity of above one year was placed at 487.3 billions, recording a decrease of 10.6 billions over its level at end-March 2022.
5. Govt approved____ tranche of electoral bonds?
Answer: D) 22nd
- Ahead of assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, the government approved the issuance of the 22nd tranche of electoral bonds that will open for sale on October 1.
- Electoral bonds have been pitched as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political funding.
- State Bank of India (SBI), in the 22nd phase of sale, has been authorized to issue and encash electoral bonds through its 29 authorized branches from October 1-10, the finance ministry.
- The authorized SBI branches include those in Lucknow, Shimla, Dehradun, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Patna, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Srinagar, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Raipur, and Mumbai.
- The 21st tranche of bond sales took place from July 1-10, 2022.
- The sale of the first batch of electoral bonds happened from March 1-10, 2018.
- SBI is the only authorized bank to issue electoral bonds.
- An electoral bond will be valid for 15 days from the date of issuance.
- No payment would be made to any political party if the bond is deposited after the expiry of the validity period.
- Electoral bonds can be purchased by Indian citizens or entities incorporated or established in the country.
- Registered political parties that have secured not less than 1 percent of the votes polled in the last Lok Sabha or legislative assembly election are eligible to receive funding through electoral bonds.
6. How many crore Aadhaar authentications done in August?
B) 219.71 crore
C) 215.47 crore
Answer: B) 219.71 crore
- Aadhaar usage and adoption continue to grow at a rapid pace with the number of authentication transactions surging to 219.71 crore in August, registering a growth of over 44 per cent when compared with the previous month, according to data released by the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- A majority of these monthly transaction numbers were done by using fingerprint biometric authentication (128.56 crore), followed by demographic authentications and OTP authentications.
- As of the end of August 2022, a cumulative number of 8074.95 crore Aadhaar authentications have been carried out so far, as against 7855.24 crore such authentications by the end of July.
- The number of e-KYC transactions executed via Aadhaar stood at 23.45 crore in August.
- The cumulative number of e-KYC transactions so far increased from 1249.23 crore in July to 1272.68 crore by end of August.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 30
7. CCI approved acquisitions of Diliigent Power and DB Power by who among the following?
A) Reliance Power
B) JSW Energy
C) Torrent Power
D) Power Grid
E) Adani Power
Answer: E) Adani Power
- Fair trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of 100 per cent equity of Diliigent Power and DB Power by Adani Power Ltd.
- The proposed combination relates to the acquisition of the 100 per cent of the share capital and economic rights of Diliigent Power and DB Power by Adani Power Ltd.
- In August, Adani Power said it will acquire DB Power Ltd, which owns and operates a 2×600 MW thermal power plant at Janjgir-Champa district in Chhattisgarh, at an enterprise value of Rs 7,017 crore for cash consideration.
8. CCI approved acquisition of share capital of ____subsidiaries of Mytrah Energy by JSW Neo Energy?
Answer: C) 18
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of of the share capital of eighteen subsidiaries of Mytrah Energy (India) Private Limited by JSW Neo Energy Limited under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- The proposed combination pertains to acquisition of shareholding of 18 (eighteen) subsidiaries (Targets) of Mytrah Energy (India) Private Limited (Mytrah) through individual share purchase agreements by JSW Neo Energy Limited (Acquirer) (Proposed Combination).
- The Proposed Combination presents an opportunity to the Acquirer to acquire an operational renewable portfolio of 1,753 MW.
9. CCI approved acquisition of Assets of Essar Group by ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel, where is the headquarters of Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel?
Answer: A) Surat
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of Assets of Essar Group by ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India Limited.
- The proposed combination involves the acquisition of certain assets (a) Power Assets (Essar Power Hazira Limited (EPHL), Gandhar Hazira Transmission Limited (GHTL)); (b) Port Assets (Hazira Cargo Terminals Limited (HCTL), Ibrox Aviation & Trading Private Limited (IATPL), Essar Bulk Terminal Limited (EBTL), Essar Bulk Terminal Paradip Limited (EBTPL), Essar Vizag Terminals Limited (EVTL)); (c) Other Assets (Snow White Agencies Private Limited (SWAPL), Bhagwat Steel Limited (BSL)) from the Essar Group (EG/ Target) by ArcerlorMittal Nippon Steel India Limited (AMNS/ Acquirer).
- AMNS is a Joint Venture between ArcelorMittal S.A. (AM) and its affiliates and Nippon Steel Corporation, Japan (NSC).
- EPHL is a power plant adjacent to AMNS, Hazira, Gujarat and comprises two generation units of 135-MW capacity each and is used by the acquirer for captive purposes.
- GHTL is a public company incorporated to carry out the business of prospecting, exploring, mining, processing, buying, selling, distributing, and generally dealing in all minerals, including coal, and also dealing in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity.
- It has 400 kV transmission line from Gandhar (NTPC) switchyard to Hazira having a length of 104.6 km which is used by Acquirer for captive purposes.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 30
10. ASCI appointed N S Rajan as next chairman what does A stands for in ASCI?
Answer: D) Advertising
- N S Rajan,Director of August One Partners LLP was unanimously elected as Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)’s Chairman of the Board of Governors.
- Saugata Gupta, Managing Director & CEO, Marico Limited, was elected Vice-Chairman.
- Shashidhar Sinha, Chief Executive Officer at IPG Mediabrands India, was appointed Honorary Treasurer at the board meeting following the 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ASCI.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 30
11. Green energy majors will invest nearly how crores in Uttar Pradesh?
A) Rs 15500 crores
B) Rs 18900 crores
C) Rs 17500 crores
D) Rs 18500 crores
E) Rs 16500 crores
Answer: B) Rs 18900 crores
- Giving a major push to the Uttar Pradesh renewable energy road map, the private sector firms have proposed to invest nearly Rs 19,000 crore in the state green energy sector.
- These include investment proposals of about Rs 13,000 crore and Rs 5,900 crore by Greenco and JSW Groups, respectively, in different renewable energy projects.
- It is for the first time that the UP government has received such mega investment proposals in the nascent domestic green energy space.
- According to a senior government official, the state is aligning with the overarching target of the Centre to achieve a 450 gigawatt (Gw) in renewable energy and 500 Gw in non-fossil energy capacity by 2030.
- It is part of India’s commitment to meeting its international climate and green energy goals.
12. Adani Green commissioned___ MW wind-solar plant in Jaisalmer?
A) 600 MW
B) 300 MW
C) 500 MW
D) 700 MW
E) 400 MW
Answer: A) 600 MW
- Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) has commissioned the world’s largest wind-solar power plant of 600 MW capacity in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
- The plant has a power purchase agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) at Rs 2.69/kwh for 25 years.
- The project consists of 600 MW solar and 150 MW wind plants, it said adding it shall not only reduce intermittency of renewable energy power, but also help the country in optimal utilisation of transmission network.
- In May 2022, AGEL operationalised India’s first hybrid power plant with a capacity of 390 MW in Jaisalmer.
- With the commissioning of the 600 MW plant, AGEL now has total operational generation capacity of 6.7 GW, including operational hybrid power generation capacity of 1 GW, the largest in the world.
- This puts AGEL’s total renewable portfolio of 20.4 GW well on track to reach its vision of 45 GW capacity by 2030.
- The 600 MW hybrid plant is housed in two AGEL subsidiaries namely Adani Hybrid Energy Jaisalmer Two Ltd (AHEJ2L) and Adani Hybrid Energy Jaisalmer Three Ltd (AHEJ3L).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 30
13. Which ministry organized Poshan Utsavat Kartavyapath?
A) Ministry of Home Affairs
B) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
C) Ministry of Women and Child Development
D) Ministry of Education
E) Ministry of External Affairs
Answer: C) Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Ministry of Women and Child Development is organizing Poshan Utsav from September 30 to 2nd October at Kartavyapath in New Delhi to celebrate the culmination of the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
- It will be inaugurated this evening by Union Minister of Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani.
- The inaugural function will be followed by a musical performance by artist Shaan.
- The invitees to the inaugural event will include children from Anganwadi Centres, Government Schools as well as Child Care Institutions in Delhi.
- Women and Child Development Ministry said, the Poshan Utsav will serve as a platform for disseminating to the people at large, the critical messages on the importance of correct nutrition, particularly for young children and women, and sensitize them on age-appropriate good health practices to address the challenges of malnutrition in the country.
- The Poshan Utsav will have cultural performances, Poshan Parades, Health Check-up camps, healthy food stalls, and Games with a message of nutrition besides the opportunity of an augmented reality-based photo-op with the Prime Minister.
- The Utsav will also display an Anganwadi Centre, indigenous toys from over 9 traditional toy clusters in the country, and healthy AYUSH products.
- During his address on the occasion of 75 years of the nation’s independence, Prime Minister Narendra Modi observed that malnutrition and lack of essential nutrients are major obstacles in the development of vulnerable women and children and stressed the need to provide nutrition to every poor person in the country.
14. Rajasthan govt approved financial assistance of how many crore for MSMEs?
A) Rs 200 crores
B) Rs 400 crores
C) Rs 150 crores
D) Rs 300 crores
E) Rs 100 crores
Answer: E) Rs 100 crores
- To give a boost to small units in Rajasthan, the state government has approved financial assistance of Rs 100 crore for the Laghu Udyog Protsahan Yojana, or the small industries promotion scheme.
- This scheme was announced in the state Budget 2022-23 to promote micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), and give loans on easy terms for small businesses and investors.
- For this, a provision of Rs 150 crore was made.
- The scheme will remain effective till March 2024.
15. Which of the following state approved Rs 119.32 crore for roads in state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan Government has approved a financial proposal of Rs 119.32 crore for various road construction and development works in the state.
- With the approval, 46 works like bridge construction, new roads construction, road widening, strengthening, asphaltization and repair works and reconstruction of dilapidated roads will be started in different districts in a time bound manner
Gehlot had announced in the budget of the financial year 2022-23 to make available maximum financial resources to develop excellent road network in all the districts of the state.
16. India pushed back six car airbags rule by which month in 2023?
Answer: D) October
- India will require all passenger cars to have a minimum of six airbags from Oct. 1, 2023, a year later than originally planned, the road transport minister.
- The move, aimed at improving safety in a country that has the world’s deadliest roads, was initially planned for Oct. 1, 2022, but faced resistance from some carmakers.
- In India, the world’s fourth-largest car market, the majority of cars sold are priced below $15,000.
17. PM Modi inaugurated phase-1 of _____ Metro rail project?
Answer: A) Ahmedabad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated phase-1 of the Ahmedabad Metro rail project between Thaltej and Vastral here, and also travelled in the train.
- He inaugurated the project on the metro rail’s east-west corridor from Kalupur station, where he reached in Vande Bharat Express train that he flagged off from Gandhinagar railway station in the morning.
- The prime minister flagged off the metro train at Kalupur station.
- He then boarded the train there and travelled to Thaltej metro station.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel and party MPs C R Paatil and Kirit Solanki accompanied him during the journey.
- With the inauguration, the 21-km corridor of the project between Thaltej and Vastral with 17 stations became operational.
- This corridor has a 6.6 km underground section with four stations, the Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC).
- On March 4, 2019, the prime minister had inaugurated a part of phase-1 of the project connecting Vastral to Apparel Park, a distance of 6.5 km.
- The project was sanctioned in 2014.
- The metro rail tickets will be priced between Rs 5 and Rs 15.
18. India’s electronics exports to reach how many billion USD by 2025-26?
A) $ 140 bn
B) $ 150 bn
C) $ 120 bn
D) $ 100 bn
E) $ 160 bn
Answer: C) $ 120 bn
- India’s electronics exports would reach USD 120 billion by 2025-26 and that would happen with state governments partnering with the Government of India, Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
- The country’s electronics manufacturing was valued at USD 70-75 billion and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set a target to reach USD 300 billion by 2025-26, the Minister of State for Entrepreneurship, Skill Development, Electronics and Technology.
- India which was importing 90 per cent of its mobile phones till 2014 is now catering to 97 per cent of all mobile phones that are consumed in India, Chandrasekhar said at the inauguration of Pegatron Technology India Pvt Ltd, new state-of-the-art manufacturing unit at Mahindra World City, Singaperumalkoil in neighbouring Chengalpet district.
- Pegatron Technology India is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Taiwan-based Pegatron Corporation.
- The manufacturing facility has been set up at an investment of Rs 1,100 crore that would create about 14,000 new jobs in the region.
- “India had zero exports of mobile phones till 2014 and now exports over Rs 50,000 crore (worth of) i-Phones, Samsung phones and other phones to consumers and other countries.
- That is the journey in the last 8 years from zero exports to Rs 50,000 crore exports and from 90 per cent imports to 97 per cent of domestically manufactured.
19. Delhi govt will install ____ anti-smog guns, ___ mobile anti-smog guns to curb pollution?
Answer: E) 233,150
- Delhi govt will install 233 anti-smog guns, 150 mobile anti-smog guns to curb pollution: Kejriwal.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy