Daily Current Affairs September 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 26 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs September 26
1. World Rivers Day is observed on which date?
A) September 21
B) September 23
C) September 25
D) September 26
E) September 22
Answer: D) September 26
- Every year on the fourth Sunday of September, World River Day is observed to raise awareness regarding water bodies and to promote their conservation.
- This year, it falls on September 26.
Theme and Celebration:
- This year’s theme is “waterways in our communities,” with a specific emphasis on the need to conserve and repair urban waterways, which are frequently under stress.
World Environmental Health Day 2021:
- The theme for this year is ‘Prioritising Environmental Health for healthier communities in the global recovery.’
- The day is important in the current situation as most parts of the world continue to recover from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic situation.
World Lung Day 2021:
- 25 September, is a day for lung health advocacy and action, an opportunity for us all to unite and promote better lung health globally.
- The 2021 WLD theme will focus on:
- Care for Your Lungs:
- Say no to tobacco
- Protect them through vaccination
- Breathe clean air
- Take regular physical exercise
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 26
2. Which organisation has permitted the transfer of loans that have been classified as fraud by lenders to asset reconstruction companies (ARCs)?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has permitted the transfer of loans that have been classified as fraud by lenders to asset reconstruction companies (ARCs), thus paving the way for resolution of such accounts.
- As per RBI’s annual report, lenders have declared loans worth Rs 1.37 trillion as fraud in FY21.
- In FY20, the amount was Rs 1.81 trillion and in FY19 it was Rs 64,539 crore.
3. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a _______ loan to Bangladesh for economic recovery following the COVID 19 pandemic in the country?
A) USD 550 million
B) USD 250 million
C) USD 150 million
D) USD 350 million
E) USD 450 million
Answer: B) USD 250 million
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 250 million loan to Bangladesh for economic recovery following the COVID 19 pandemic in the country. This is the first installment of the USD 500 million Sustainable Economic Recovery Programme for Bangladesh.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS – Daily Current Affairs September 26
4. Tokyo Olympics De Saade Hockey Khidari is authored by whom?
A) Jeff Kinney
B) SK Joshi
C) A.A. Jafri
D) Dr. Mohan Kanda
E) Navdeep Singh Gill
Answer: E) Navdeep Singh Gill
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 26
5. Sojat Mehndi from which state gets GI tag?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Rajasthan
Naga Cucumber from Nagaland gets GI tag:
- Naga cucumbers are juicy, soft and sweet and is grown completely organically.
- They are low in calories but high in potassium and contain a high level of water & can serve as an alternative to consuming sports drinks.
- Cucumber has been traditionally cultivated by Naga farmers in their Jhum fields as a mixed crop mainly during the Kharif season (April –May).
- It is one of the important component crops in the jhum cultivation.
- This is primarily grown as a cash crop along with paddy and however, now the ‘off-season’ cucumbers from different districts of the Nagaland especially from Mokokchung district have gained much popularity within the state and now it has become a trend amongst the farmers in the district.
- Some tribes like Konyak are found to grow cucumber all throughout the year by seed-to-seed method depending upon the soil type.
Assam’s Judima rice wine is northeast’s 1st traditional brew to get GI tag:
- Judima, a home-made rice wine of Assam’s Dimasa tribe has become the first traditional brew in all of northeast to bag a geographical indication (GI) tag.
- Made from sticky rice, which is steamed and mixed with traditional herbs, the wine has a distinct sweet taste and takes around one week to prepare.
- However, it can be stored for years.
- It is a speciality of the Dimasa tribe of the state’s Dima Hasao district
6. Which state develops biggest palmetum in north India?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttarakhand
- The first palmetum of Uttarakhand and the biggest in north India has been developed by the research wing of the state forest department in Haldwani.
- Spread over three acres, the palmetum funded by the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) has around 100 different species of palms.
7. Cyclone Gulab intensifies in Bay of Bengal.The Name Gulab is given by which country?
Answer: C) Pakistan
- Indian Meteorological Department has said that cyclone Gulab has intensified and is likely to cross Odisha-Andhra Pradesh coast.
- An Orange alert has been issued for north Andhra Pradesh and adjoining south Odisha coasts.
8. MeitY Startup Hub and _______ collaborate to support startup growth in India?
Answer: E) AWS
9. Who launches India’s highest altitude transmitters in Ladakh?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Bhagwanth Khuba
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Mansukh Mandaviya
Answer: B) Anurag Thakur
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur launched High Power Transmitters of Doordarshan and All India Radio to cover remote and border areas near Kargil in Ladakh.
- The ministry informed that the 10KW transmitters are the highest altitude TV and Radio transmitters in the country, located at the height of 4,054 metres (about 13,300 ft) above the mean sea level.
- The range of the transmitter is over 50km in radius. And the transmitters at Leh are at an altitude of 3,501 metres (about 11,450 ft).
10. Chamarajanagar is set to become the first district in the country to have three tiger sanctuaries. Chamarajanagar is situated in which state?
Answer: D) Karnataka
- Chamarajanagar is set to become the first district in the country to have three tiger sanctuaries.
- With a forest cover of around 51 per cent, it already houses Bandipur and Biligiriranganatha Swamy Temple wildlife sanctuaries.
- The addition will be MM Hills Tiger Project, which has over 200 tigers.
- The government will give an additional grant of Rs 10 crore, which will be used to install solar pumps.
11. Centre approves _______ capital expenditure assistance to eight states?
A) Rs 5,904 crore
B) Rs 1,904 crore
C) Rs 8,904 crore
D) Rs 3,904 crore
E) Rs 2,904 crore
Answer: E) Rs 2,904 crore
- For disinvestment of state PSUs, there is no state-specific allocation and funds will be provided on “first-come first-served basis”.
- Under a similar scheme last year, capex proposals of Rs 11,911.79 crore of 27 states were approved and an amount of Rs 11,830.29 crore was released in 2020-21.
12. Who attended ‘National Cooperative Conference’ in New Delhi as Chief Guest?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Bhagwanth Khuba
D) Narendra Modi
E) Amit Shah
Answer: E) Amit Shah