Daily Current Affairs September 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs September 19
1. Silambam has been recognised under the ‘Promotion of inclusiveness through sports’ initiative of the ‘Khelo India’ programme of the the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It is related to which state sports?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
- Silambam, an Indian martial art developed by Tamils, has been recognised under the ‘Promotion of inclusiveness through sports’ initiative of the ‘Khelo.
- India’ programme of the the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- This was disclosed by Tamil Nadu Minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Development, Siva V. Meyyanathan.
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs September 19
2. Manorama Mohapatra passed away. She was related to which field?
Answer: E) Journalist
- Eminent Odia litterateur and journalist Manorama Mohapatra died.
- She was 87.
- She had won the Sahitya Academy Award in 1984, Soviet Nehru Award in 1988, Critic Circle of India Award in 1990, Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar Samman in 1991 and Rupambara Award in 1994.
- The former editor of the largest Odia daily ‘Samaja’ was rushed to the SCB Medical College and Hospital after she complained of chest pain. She died while undergoing treatment.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS – Daily Current Affairs September 19
3. Who released a book “Dancing with Dreams”, a collection of poems penned by Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh government Adityanath Das?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
C) Arjun Munda
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
E) Virendra Kumar
Answer: B) Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy released a book “Dancing with Dreams”, a collection of poems penned by Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh government Adityanath Das.
- The poems reflect the inner journey of the poet.
- The poems reiterate that whatever may be tensions and tribulations, inner or outer, one can still remain human.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 19
4. Which state appoints Manika Sheokand as ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for water conservation?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Haryana
- The Haryana government has appointed Femina Miss Grand India-2021 Manika Sheokand as the state’s ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for water conservation.
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs September 19
5. Who conferred with honorary doctorate by Hindu University of America?
A) Pradeep Singh
B) Amir Khan
C) Akshay Kumar
D) Rajini Kanth
E) Anupam Kher
Answer: E) Anupam Kher
6. How many persons won Sahitya Akademi Fellowship?
Answer: B) 8
- Eminent English author Ruskin Bond, Hindi writer Vinod Kumar Shukla and six others were selected for the Sahitya Akademi Fellowship.
- The National Academy of Letters said in a statement that the general council of Sahitya Akademi which met under the chairmanship of its president Dr Chandrashekhar Kambar announced its highest honour, the Fellowship.
- The others who received the Fellowship are Sirshendu Mukhopadhyay (Bengali), M Leelavathy (Malayalam), Dr. Bhalchandra Nemade (Marathi), Dr Tejwant Singh Gill (Punjabi), Swami Rambhadracharya (Sanskrit), Indira Parthasarthy (Tamil).
- Earlier at a ceremony, politician-writer M. Veerappa Moily and poet Arundhathi Subramaniam were among the 20 authors who received the Sahitya Akademi Award for 2020.
- While Mr. Moily received the prestigious award for his epic poetry “Sri Bahubali Ahimsadigvijaya”’ in Kannada, Ms. Subramaniam won it for her poetry collection, “When God is a Traveller” in English.
- The other winners in poetry include Harish Meenakshi (Gujarati), Anamika (Hindi), RS Bhaskar (Konkani), Irungbam Deven (Manipuri), Rupchand Hansda (Santali) and Nikhileswar (Telugu).
- Nanda Khare (Marathi), Maheshchandra Sharma Gautam (Sanskrit), Imaiyam (Tamil) and Sri Hussain-ul-Haque bagged the award for their novels.
- Apurba Kumar Saikia (Assamese), (late) Dharanidhar Owari (Bodo), (late) Hiday Koul Bharti (Kashmiri), Kamalkant Jha (Maithili) and Gurdev Singh Rupana (Punjabi) have received the award for short stories.
- The Akademi has named Gian Singh (Dogri) and Jetho Lalwani (Sindhi) the winners for their plays, while Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay, popularly known as Shankar, received the award for memoir (Bengali).
- The award, which includes a casket containing an engraved copper plaque, a shawl and ₹1,00,000, was presented at the function.
- The executive board also announced the Sahitya Akademi Translation Prize 2020 in 24 Indian languages.
- The English translation of Kannada novel “Ghachar Ghochar” written by Vivek Shanbhag and translated by Srinath Perur, and the Hindi translation of Thiruvalluvar’’s ‘Thirukkural’ by TES Raghwan won the award among 22 others.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 19
7. Indra Jatra festival begins in which country?
Answer: E) Nepal
- Area in front of Kaal Bhairabin Durbar Square was packed with devotees and onlookers to witness the inauguration of Ya: Shi, a sacred pole signalising Lord Indrain in the main square of the shrine.
- Ya:Shi is called ‘Indradhwojotthan’ signalises the start of the festive season in Nepal.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 19
8. Which state/UT is hosting the first edition of The Himalayan Film Festival 2021 (THFF) from September 24 to 28?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Ladakh
- Ladakh is hosting the first edition of The Himalayan Film Festival 2021 (THFF) from September 24 to 28 in Leh capital city as part of the celebrations of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ for commemorating 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The five-day festival also aims to create an interactive and exposure platform to promote aspiring local filmmakers and to showcase Ladakh as an attractive film destination.
9. Which state government has declared ‘Cooper Mahseer’ locally named ‘Katley’ as the state fish?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Sikkim
- The Sikkim government has declared ‘Cooper Mahseer’ locally named ‘Katley’ as the state fish, an official of the Fisheries department said.
- The official said the state government has declared Neolissochilus hexagonolepis commonly known as Copper Mahseer and locally named as ‘Katley’ as a state fish to highlight the importance of the fish and to give emphasis to its conservation measures.