Daily Current Affairs September 18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 18 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs September 18
1. World Water Monitoring Day is observed on which date?
A) September 14
B) September 17
C) September 16
D) September 15
E) September 18
Answer: E) September 18
World Water Monitoring Day:
- The day was first instituted in the year 2003 to build public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources around the world.
International Coastal Cleanup Day:
- During the third Saturday in September, International Coastal CleanUp Day encourages people to rid beaches of the garbage plaguing beaches.
- Awareness is also spread about preserving and protecting the world’s oceans and waterways.
- The theme of International Coastal Clean-Up Day 2021: “Keep trash in the bin and not in the ocean”.
International Equal Pay Day:
- The International Equal Pay Day (IEPD) is observed annually on September 18 with an objective to raise awareness to promote action towards achieving equal pay for work of equal value.
- The first-ever (IEPD) was celebrated by United Nations in 2020.
- In November 2019, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming September 18 as International Equal Pay Day.
World Bamboo Day:
- It was observed by the World Bamboo Organisation (WBO).
World Bamboo Day: History
- World Bamboo Day was founded by Kamesh Salam as former president of the World Bamboo Organisation in 2009 at the 8th World Bamboo Congress held in Bangkok.
- September 18 is observed as the World Bamboo Day by the World Bamboo Organisation, in order to generate awareness about conserving and promoting the bamboo industry.
- The theme for the 12th edition of WBD 2021 is ‘#PlantBamboo: It Is Time To Plant Bamboo’
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs September 18
2. ‘Together for a Shared Future’ unveiled as motto for _____?
A) Beijing 2022 Games
B) Kabul 2026 Games
C) Tokyo 2029 Games
D) Dushanbe 2058 Games
E) New Delhi 2023 Games
Answer: A) Beijing 2022 Games
- The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics unveiled its official motto, “Together for a Shared Future”, during a ceremony at the city’s Capital Museum.
- Chen Ning, director general of Beijing 2022’s Culture and Ceremonies Department, said that the slogan was a commitment towards overcoming global challenges as a community with a shared future for mankind.
- The motto was chosen after a lengthy process that included a total of 79 different proposals.
- The Games will be held from Feb. 4-20, with Beijing set to become the first city to host both the Summer and Winter Olympics.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 18
3. LIC launches mobile app _____ for use by Development Officers?
Answer: C) ‘PRAGATI’
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) launched a new mobile app ‘PRAGATI’ (Performance Review Application, Growth And Trend Indicator) for use by its Development Officers.
- Pragati app will gives various information which are updated in near real-time about the performance of their agency force in critical areas of business performance like premium collection, and agency activisation, etc apart from monitoring team, LIC said in a statement.
- LIC has been taking a lot of customer centric and digital initiatives for ease of operations for its customers and field force, it said.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 18
4. Who re-elected as the president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI)?
A) Ravindhar Singh
B) Karuna Singh
C) Varun Singh
D) Raj Singh
E) Raninder Singh
Answer: E) Raninder Singh
5. Alka Nangia Arora is appointed as CMD of _____?
Answer: E) NSIC
- Alka Nangia Arora, IDAS (91) assumed the additional charge of the post of Chairman cum Managing Director (CMD), The National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC) on 14th September, 2021.
- Alka Nangia Arora is an industry veteran with over 30 years of the experience in diverse activities across the country.
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), is an ISO 9001-2015 certified Government of India Enterprise under Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs September 17
6. Dharmendra Pradhan presents Kaushalacharya Awards 2021 to _____ skill trainers?
Answer: E) 41
- Union Education Minister and Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan virtually presented Kaushalacharya Awards 2021 to 41 skill trainers for their exemplary contribution to the skill ecosystem.
- These 41 trainers are from several initiatives and training programmes of Skill India— Directorate General of Training (DGT), Apprenticeship, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) and Entrepreneurship.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs September 18
7. The Department of Space (DoS) has entered into a Framework MoU with _____ for access to ISRO facilities and expertise towards the development and testing of subsystems/systems of space launch vehicles?
1) Agnikul Cosmos
2) Skyroot Aerospace
A) Only 1
B) Only 3
C) Only 2
D) Only 1 & 2
E) Only 2 & 3
Answer: D) Only 1 & 2
- The MoU will enable the company to undertake multiple tests and access facilities at various ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) center for testing and qualification of its single-piece 3D printed Semi Cryo engine and other systems.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 18
8. India and _____ held the third Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) on September 17?
A) South Korea
C) El Salvador
Answer: C) El Salvador
- India and El Salvador held the third Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) on September 17 and reviewed the whole gamut of bilateral relations in all fields including health, trade and investment, the Ministry of External Affairs (EAM) informed.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 18
9. Union Health Ministry and Which organization launched a USAID-supported ‘City-to-City COVID-19 Vaccination Learning Exchange (CoVLEx) initiative?
C) MyGov India
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) NITI Aayog
10. The government extended by _____ months till March 2022 the deadline to link PAN with biometric ID Aadhaar?
Answer: C) 6
11. Who launched countrywide free Telemedicine Consultation cum drugs facility on the occasion of birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Bhagwanth Khuba
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: B) Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launched countrywide free Telemedicine Consultation cum drugs facility on the occasion of birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Minister also announced that “JIGYASA”, a student-scientist connect programme of the Ministry of Science and Technology, will be extended to cover schools in over 700 districts of India within one year.
12. Famous Sirarakhong Chilli & Tamenglong Orange of which state receive GI tag?
Answer: D) Manipur
13. The GST Council’s 45th meeting was held in which place under the chairmanship of the Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman?
Answer: A) Lucknow
Major recommendations on GST rate changes in relation to Goods [w.e.f 1.10.2021 unless otherwise stated]
GST rate changes
|1.||Retro fitment kits for vehicles used by the disabled||Appl. rate||5%|
|2.||Fortified Rice Kernels for schemes like ICDS etc.||18%||5%|
|3.||Medicine Keytruda for treatment of cancer||12%||5%|
|4.||Biodiesel supplied to OMCs for blending with Diesel||12%||5%|
|5.||Ores and concentrates of metals such as iron, copper, aluminum, zinc and few others||5%||18%|
|6.||Specified Renewable Energy Devices and parts||5%||12%|
|7.||Cartons, boxes, bags, packing containers of paper etc.||12%/18%||18%|
|8.||Waste and scrap of polyurethanes and other plastics||5%||18%|
|9.||All kinds of pens||12%/18%||18%|
|10.||Railway parts, locomotives & other goods in Chapter 86||12%||18%|
|11.||Miscellaneous goods of paper like cards, catalogue, printed material (Chapter 49 of tariff)||12%||18%|
|12.||IGST on import of medicines for personal use, namely
|13.||IGST exemption on goods supplied at Indo-Bangladesh
|14.||Unintended waste generated during the production of fish meal except for Fish Oil||Nil (for the
period 1.7.2017 to 30.9.2019)
Major GST changes in relation to rates and scope of exemption on Services [w.e.f 1.10.2021 unless otherwise stated]
|1.||Validity of GST exemption on transport of goods by vessel and air from India to outside India is extended upto 30.9.2022.||–||Nil|
|2.||Services by way of grant of National Permit to goods carriages on payment of fee||18%||Nil|
|3.||Skill Training for which Government bears 75% or more of the expenditure [ presently exemption applies only if Govt funds 100%].||18%||Nil|
|4.||Services related to AFC Women’s Asia Cup 2022.||18%||Nil|
|5.||Licensing services/ the right to broadcast and show original films, sound recordings, Radio and Television programmes [ to bring parity between distribution and licencing services]||12%||18%|
|6.||Printing and reproduction services of recorded media where content is supplied by the publisher (to bring it on parity with Colour printing of images from film or digital media)||12%||18%|
|7.||Exemption on leasing of rolling stock by IRFC to Indian Railways withdrawn.|
|8.||E Commerce Operators are being made liable to pay tax on following services provided through them
|9.||Certain relaxations have been made in conditions relating to IGST exemption relating to import of goods on lease, where GST is paid on the lease amount, so as to allow this exemption even if (i) such goods are transferred to a new lessee in India upon expiry or termination of lease; and (ii) the lessor located in SEZ pays GST under forward charge.|
14. Vi (Vodafone-Idea) has partnered with the which state State Disaster Management Authority and Celltick to launch the first cell broadcast-based Public Warning System to alert citizens on a real-time basis on disasters?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Andhra Pradesh
15. Who virtually attends the meeting of G-20 Agriculture Ministers?
A) Devusinh Chauhan
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: C) Narendra Singh Tomar
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar participated in the G-20 Agriculture Ministerial meeting organized by Italy, the country which holds the Presidency of G20. Addressing the session on the topic “Research as a driving force behind sustainability”, Shri Tomar said that agricultural research has played an important role in tackling the problem of food security, improving the income of farmers and agriculturists and sustainable use of natural resources for the subsistence of the people.
- Research contributes significantly to the three aspects of food security – availability, access and affordability.