Daily Current Affairs September 20
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 20. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 20| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 20
1. World Bank approved how many million USD loan to help Punjab improve access to public services?
A) $ 200 million
B) $ 300 million
C) $ 100 million
D) $ 250 million
E) $ 150 million
Answer: E) $ 150 million
- The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors approved a loan of $150 million to the northern Indian state of Punjab to help the state better manage its financial resources and improve access to public services.
- Building Fiscal and Institutional Resilience Program will support the state’s efforts to strengthen the institutional capabilities of various government departments, manage fiscal risks and make informed policy choices to support sustainable growth.
- The new project will support the state’s development goals by strengthening the planning, budgeting and monitoring functions, and leveraging digital technology.
- The project will also aim to increase accountability in the public procurement systems by supporting state-wide implementation of new legal and policy reforms.
2. Who among the following asked large UCBs to appoint chief compliance officers?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Cooperative Ministry
Answer: C) RBI
- The Reserve Bank asked all large Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) to appoint chief compliance officers and put in place a board-approved policy for meeting regulatory norms.
- While the UCBs with deposits of more than Rs 10,000 crore (Tier 4 UCBs) will have to comply with the directions by April 1, 2023, those with deposits of more than Rs 1,000 crore and up to Rs 10,000 crore (Tier 3 UCBs) have been given time till October 1, 2023.
- Compliance risk is the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, material financial loss or loss of reputation a UCB may suffer as a result of its failure to comply with laws, regulations, rules, and codes of conduct applicable to its activities.
- The RBI said as part of the overall structure for corporate governance, the compliance function serves a critical role.
- Therefore, it has been decided to introduce certain principles, standards and procedures for Compliance Function in UCBs, keeping in view the principles of proportionality.
3. Which of the following public sector bank and Federal Bank start offering Kisan Credit Card in digital manner?
A) Union Bank of India
B) Indian Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) Bank of Baroda
E) State Bank of India
Answer: A) Union Bank of India
- To make it easier for farmers to get a Kisan Credit Card (KCC), Union Bank of India and Federal Bank launched pilot projects.
- Under the pilot projects, the lenders will do away with the need for physical documents such as land records and in-person visit to a bank branch to get KCCs.
- Public sector lender Union Bank of India started the pilot from Harda district in Madhya Pradesh while private lender Federal Bank began the project from Chennai.
- The projects are part of the RBI initiative for the digitalization of rural finance wherein banks are collaborating with Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH).
- Union Bank of India said it will gradually expand it to other states across India.
- A Manimekhalai, MD & CEO, Union Bank of India launched the project from Harda in presence of Rakesh Ranjan, Chief Product Manager, RBIH, senior management from the bank and more than 400 farmers from the district.
- The bank said it offers end-to-end digitalization of Kisan Credit Card product as part of flagship Digital Transformation project ‘Sambhav’, A Manimekhalai.
- Federal Bank said it will use digital capabilities such as eKYC and eSign, APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) developed by the TN-eGA and machine learning capabilities to offer KCC in a digital manner.
- The facility aims at providing small value loans to small and marginal farmers, and is designed to facilitate efficient credit flow to unserved and underserved rural populations, the lender added.
- This launch will accelerate the transition towards quicker access to credit from the organised banking system and is one more decisive step in the formalisation of our economy, Shyam Srinivasan, MD and CEO.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 20
4. FY23 credit growth seen at how many percent?
Answer: B) 13%
- Bank deposit rates are likely to go up further as credit growth is outpacing the deposit growth by a wide margin, a domestic rating agency.
- As of August 26, system-level credit growth stood at 15.5 per cent as against 9.5 per cent on the deposit front, which set to intensify competition for deposits as lenders jostle to arrange the funds to fuel the loan demand, India Ratings and Research.
- The agency also upwardly reviewed its credit growth estimate to 13 per cent from the earlier expectation of 10 per cent, on higher working capital demand, shift to bank lending from capital markets and revival in demand from the corporate segment.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 20
5. Who among the following appointed as Secretary of Ex-Servicemen Welfare?
A) Viney Kumar Singh
B) Vivek Kumar Singh
C) Vijay Kumar Singh
D) Vijoy Kumar Singh
E) Vimal Kumar Singh
Answer: D) Vijoy Kumar Singh
- Shri Vijoy Kumar Singh assumed charge as Secretary, Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence on September 19, 2022.
- Shri Singh is a 1990-batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre, who has an experience of more than 32 years in administration.
- Shri Vijoy Kumar Singh recently served as Special Secretary in Ministry of Textiles.
- Prior to this appointment there, he had served as Joint Secretary in Department of Personnel & Training.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 20
6. Azure Power Signed Agreement for how many MW of First Solar’s High-Performance Modules?
A) 600 MW
B) 450 MW
C) 325 MW
D) 275 MW
E) 500 MW
Answer: A) 600 MW
- Azure Power Global Limited (”Azure Power”), a leading independent sustainable energy solutions provider and renewable power producer in India, announced that it has entered into an agreement for 600 megawatts (MW)DC of high-performance, advanced thin film photovoltaic (PV) solar modules from First Solar, Inc.
- The agreement is the first for production from First Solar’s new manufacturing facility in Tamil Nadu, India, which is expected to be commissioned in the second half of 2023.
- Under the agreement, Azure Power is expected to take delivery of First Solar’s Series 7 photovoltaic (PV) solar modules from the fourth quarter of 2023 to 2025.
7. Adani Green commissionedhow many MW wind power project in Madhya Pradesh?
A) 608.8 MW
B) 450.6 MW
C) 324.4 MW
D) 275.6 MW
E) 545.8 MW
Answer: C) 324.4 MW
- Adani Green Energy Limited has commissioned a 324.4-megawatt wind energy plant in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh.
- With the commissioning of this plant, its operational generation capacity has increased to 6.1 gigawatt (GW), Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL).
- ‘Adani Wind Energy MP One Private Ltd (AWEMP1PL), a subsidiary of AGEL, has commissioned a 324.4 MW wind power plant in Dhar, Madhya Pradesh.
- The plant has two 25-year Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), one for 274.4 MW energy and another for 50 MW power, at a tariff of Rs 2.83 per kwh (kilowatt hour)
- The newly commissioned plant will be managed by the Adani Group’s ‘Energy Network Operation Centre’ platform, which provides technological assistance.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs September 20
8. Indian Navy decommissioned INS Ajay after how many years of glorious service?
A) 35 years
B) 31 years
C) 30 years
D) 34 years
E) 32 years
Answer: E) 32 years
- INS Ajay was decommissioned after rendering 32 years of glorious service to the nation.
- INS Ajay was commissioned on January 24, 1990 at Poti, Georgia in the erstwhile USSR and was part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the operational control of Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area.
- The ship was in active naval service for more than 32 years and during her illustrious journey, she participated in several naval operations including Op Talwar during Kargil War and Op Parakram in 2001.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 20
9. Exhibition to celebrate 75 years of Indian art organised in which of the following country?
Answer: B) Singapore
- An exhibition featuring 85 artists and over 170 artworks from different parts of India has been organised in Singapore to showcase the evolution of the Indian art styles as part of celebrations to mark the 75 years of independence.
- The exhibition titled ’75 Years of Indian Art #CanvasToNFTs’ was opened by Singapore Minister for Transport and Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations S Iswaran and the Indian High Commissioner P Kumaran at The Arts House by Artpodium, a Singapore-based art community.
10. Indian Coast Guards and which of the following country coast guards hold joint drill ‘Abhyas’?
Answer: D) USA
- The Indo-US Coast Guard joint exercise ”Abhyas-01/22” was held off the coast here.
- The focus of the exercise was to familiarise the personnel of Coast Guards of both the nations with each other’s capabilities.
- The objectives included strengthening working relationship between the forces of the two nations, enhancing inter-operability in the area of maritime search and rescue (SAR), boarding operations and other maritime law enforcement duties.
- The highlights are fleet manoeuvers, creating a scenario of hijacking of a vessel and subsequent rescue of its crew in a coordinated anti-piracy joint operation.
- Interdiction of pirated vessel, coordinated joint boarding operation, SAR demonstration and external fire-fighting to salvage burning ships were the other highlights of the exercise.
- The 4-day visit of United States Coast Guard Cutter Midgett to Chennai on a goodwill visit culminated.
- During the visit, USCG ship had professional exchanges on visit-board-search-seizure operations, cross-deck visits, friendly volleyball match with Indian Coast Guard counterparts from 16 to 19 September.
11. On Behalf of India who represented UN General Assembly?
A) Subramanian Jaishankar
B) Jagdeep Dhankar
C) Narendra Modi
D) Amit Shah
E) Droupadi Murmu
Answer: A) Subramanian Jaishankar
- World leaders will begin their high-level meeting of the UN General Assembly.
- Global polarisation, Russia-Ukraine conflict, food & energy crises, economic problems and natural disasters are likely to dominate the agenda.
- “A Watershed Moment: Transformative Solutions to Interlocking Challenges”, is the theme of this year’s meeting.
- Reform of UN Security Council is expected to get renewed attention during the meeting.
- It will be high on India’s External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s agenda when he meets with leaders from around the world and when he participates in two meetings focused on the reforms.
- About 150 heads of government or state are expected at the meeting formally known as the general debate of the Assembly that is held amid high security.
- As the world emerged from the worst of the Covid pandemic, the high-level meeting is taking place in-person after two years – it was all virtual in 2020 and hybrid in 2021.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 20
12. DPIIT planning multi-media campaign to promote GI products, DPIIT comes under which ministry?
A) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
B) Ministry of External Affairs
C) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
D) Ministry of Cooperative
E) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer: C) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- The commerce and industry ministry is planning a multi-media campaign to promote over 400 GI (Geographical Indication) products such as Darjeeling Tea, Chanderi Fabric, Mysore Silk, and Kashmir Walnut Wood Carving.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) intends to empanel one or more audio-visual agencies to carry out various multi-media campaigns, production of advertising and promotional materials on a regular ongoing basis.
- The agency will also support the department in scaling up the GI campaign through manifold interventions, considered important for building a strong GI ecosystem.
- DPIIT, under the ministry, is looking to empanel reputed audio-visual agencies for GI promotion campaign.
- Work for the empanelled agency or agencies would include production of films, documentaries, sponsored AV (audio-visual) programmes, AV spots, and production of short videos.
- It stated that there are more than 400 GI products registered in India.
13. Which of the following state/UT announced Maharaja Hari Singh’s birthday as annual holiday?
B) Himachal Pradesh
C) Andaman and Nicobar Island
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: E) Jammu and Kashmir
- To commemorate the birth anniversary of Maharaja Hari Singh ji, 23rd of September every year shall be observed as a holiday in government offices and educational institutions across the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir under the Negotiable Instruments Act 1881.
14. Project Suraksha – a preventive health check-up initiative by Tata Motors Finance, benefits how many truck drivers?
Answer: B) 5000
- The brand concluded a comprehensive health screen program in 15 cities across India Mumbai.
- Early this year, Tata Motors Finance, a leading Non-Banking Financial Company, and a pioneer in the vehicle financing industry, launched the ‘Project Suraksha’ pledging to provide free health check-ups for truckers nationwide.
- Health camps were set up in collaboration with Collective Good Foundation (CGF), Samhita, a healthcare solution provider, in 15 cities of Ambala, Anuppur, Bhojpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Lakhimpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Muzzafarpur, Namakkal, Patna, Pune, Visakhapatnam and Vijaywada, with on-the-spot registration.
- The health screening program was recently concluded, covering over 5000 truckers Pan India.
15. Centre planned to offer sops for natural farming under national mission, which is the first organic state in India?
Answer: C) Sikkim
- The central government is considering offering sops to farmers to adopt natural ways of farming, which will be part of a soon-to-be-launched national mission.
- The Centre is considering incentives, including monetary support for farmers to buy good quality seeds and natural manure as well as for marketing support for products.
- The mission will lay out a roadmap for the adoption of sustainable and cost-effective natural farming techniques, the official told the newspaper.
- Natural Farming is a chemical-free alias traditional farming method.
- It is considered an agroecology-based diversified farming system that integrates crops, trees, and livestock with functional biodiversity, according to NITI Aayog.
16. Which of the following state CM launched ‘CM Da Haisi’ web portal to address public grievances?
Answer: B) Manipur
- In Manipur, a web portal to receive complaints and grievances from the general public was launched by Chief Minister N. Biren Singh at Imphal.
- The name of the web portal is ‘CM Da Haisi’ (English translation- Inform to CM) and the public can raise their grievances in the web portal by logging on to www.cmdahaisi.mn.gov.in
- The complainants can also check the status of their complaints.
17. Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launches multiple projects for development of Bogibeel region in which of the following state?
Answer: A) Assam
- The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal announced that India’s longest river cruise service would begin early next year between Varanasi and Bogibeel, traversing a distance of over four thousand kilometers via Ganga, Indo Bangladesh Protocol Route, and the Brahmaputra.
- He said this while launching multiple projects for the development of the Bogibeel region near Dibrugarh in Assam.
- The Union Minister said, the PM Gati Shakti National Master plan is to unlock the huge potential of inland water transportation in Assam using National Waterways 2, our river Brahmaputra.
18. Which of the following state/UT became India’s first state/UT to achieve 100 percent coverage of precautionary dose?
B) Himachal Pradesh
C) Andaman and Nicobar Island
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: C) Andaman and Nicobar Island
- Andaman Nicobar Islands becomes India’s first state/UT to achieve a cent percent coverage of precautionary dose.
- To date, more than 2,87,216 beneficiaries aged 18 have been vaccinated with a precautionary dose.
- The rate of vaccination has seen a spike after the 15th of July when Government decided to provide precautionary doses free of cost under ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- To intensify the campaign, healthcare workers reached households and numerous camps have organized in urban and rural areas, which received a good response, at last, the set target have been achieved before the set time limit of the 30th of Sept.
- First, the Nicobar district has been fully vaccinated with a precautionary dose.
- Afterward, the North and Middle Andaman and South Andaman districts were fully covered.
- Corbevax along with Covishield have been administered as a precautionary dose in the islands.
- Apart from this, the set target of youths under 15-18 yrs and 12-14 yrs age category have been also fully vaccinated.
- A&N Islands have achieved this milestone in all the above three categories.
- The vaccination drive continues to go on in the islands.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Environment and Energy