Daily Current Affairs September 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
1. International Day of Democracy is observed on which date?
A) September 14
B) September 12
C) September 11
D) September 15
E) September 10
Answer: D) September 15
- The International Day of Democracy also known as World Democracy Day is observed every year on 15 September.
- It is a day which highlights the importance of participation of all members for proper functioning of a democracy.
- According to the United Nations (UN), the International Day of Democracy provides an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world.
International Day of Democracy: History:
- According to Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), International Day of Democracy was established through a resolution passed by the UN General Assembly in 2007.
- It further states that the first International Day of Democracy was observed by 46 national parliaments on 15 September 2008.
- India observes Engineer’s Day on September 15 as a mark of remembrance and tribute to Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, who is considered as one of the greatest engineers in the country.
- Vishveshvarya is also known as the father of Indian Engineering because of his enormous contributions and innovations in the field of engineering and development of society.
- India has been celebrating Visvesvaraya’s birth anniversary as Engineer’s Day since 1968.
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
2. World cross country championships postponed to 2023 due to COVID restrictions. This championship is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Athletics
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs September 15
3. Yuriy Sedykh passed away. He was related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
D) Hammer throw
Answer: D) Hammer throw
- Yuriy Sedykh, a two-time Olympic champion in hammer throw whose world record from 1986 still stands, has passed away.
- He was 66.
- Sedykh won gold at the 1976 and 1980 Olympics, but missed the 1984 Games because of a Soviet boycott.
- He claimed silver at the 1988 Seoul Olympics and won a world title in 1991.
RANKING – Daily Current Affairs September 15
4. Which city has topped in 19 major cities in recording crime cases?
Answer: C) Delhi
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 15
5. IndianOil and which company partner to make fuel refills more rewarding?
D) Google Pay
E) Capital Float
Answer: D) Google Pay
- IndianOil and Google Pay have announced a collaboration to make fuelling more rewarding for IndianOil and Google Pay customers.
- For fuel purchases made via Google Pay app at over 30,000 IndianOil petrol pumps spread across the country, customers can now earn up to Rs 500 as cashback, subject to terms and conditions.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
6. The Ministry of Mines announced that it will sell up to _____ stake in Hindustan Copper via offer for sale (OFS), floor price at ₹116?
Answer: E) 10%
- The Ministry of Mines announced that it will sell up to 10% stake in Hindustan Copper via offer for sale (OFS), floor price at ₹116.
- The Offer shall take place on September 16 and 17 in a separate window of stock exchanges, government said.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
7. Who is appointed as Brand ambassador of TAGG?
1) Lovlina Borgohain
2) Radhika Apte
3) Rohit Sharma
A) Only 1
B) Only 3
C) Only 2
D) Only 1 & 3
E) Only 2 & 3
Answer: B) Only 3
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
8. Which company receives Rajbhasha Keerti Puraskar for implementation of Hindi?
Answer: A) RINL
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd.(RINL) – Vishakhapatnam Steel plant (VSP), under Ministry of Steel is bestowed with ‘Rajbhasha Keerti Puraskar’-FIRST PRIZE for effective implementation of Official Language Hindi for the year 2020-21.
- Shri DK Mohanty, D(C) & D (P) Addl. Charge, RINL, received the award from Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai on the occasion of National Hindi Day Celebrations in New Delhi.
9. Which bank honoured as ‘World’s Best Bank’ for fourth straight year by Euromoney?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: B) DBS Bank
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs September 15
10. OneWeb launched ____ satellites into orbit from a cosmodrome in Kazakhstan?
Answer: C) 34
- British-based firm OneWeb launched 34 satellites into orbit from a cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, expanding its in-orbit constellation to 322 satellites, it said.
- The satellites lifted off from Kazakhstan’s Baikonur cosmodrome at 1807 GMT.
- OneWeb plans to launch a total of 648 low earth orbit satellites to roll out a high-speed global internet connection including to the most remote corners of the world.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
11. India participates in SCO ‘Peaceful Mission’ military exercise in ____?
Answer: C) Russia
- The 6th edition of exercise Peaceful Mission is being hosted by Russia in the Orenburg Region of South-West Russia from September 13 to 25.
12. Which country successfully tests submarine-launched ballistic missile -Blue House?
A) South Korea
Answer: A) South Korea
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 15
13. SIDBI to provide project-specific loan to which state govt for upgrading MSME clusters?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Assam
- SIDBI will provide project-specific loans to the Assam government for upgrading micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) clusters in the state, according to a statement.
- Project-specific moderately priced loan assistance under the SIDBI Cluster Development Fund (SCDF) shall be extended by SIDBI to the state government for upgrading various existing MSME clusters and for developing new industrial infrastructural facilities in Assam.
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) participated in an event in Guwahati, chaired by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
14. The Union Cabinet approved a ______ production linked incentive (PLI) scheme for auto, auto-components and drone industries to enhance India’s manufacturing capabilities?
A) Rs 22,058 crore
B) Rs 24,058 crore
C) Rs 25,058 crore
D) Rs 26,058 crore
E) Rs 29,058 crore
Answer: D) Rs 26,058 crore
15. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched a dengue eradication campaign, “Dengue se Jung-Janta Ke Sang” in ___?
Answer: C) Bhopal
16. Who signs 5 MoUs of Digital Agriculture with private companies?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Bhupendar Yadav
D) Narendra Singh Tomar
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: D) Narendra Singh Tomar
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar signed five MOUs at Krishi Bhavan, with private companies including CISCO, Ninjacart, Jio Platforms Limited, ITC Limited and NCDEX e-markets Limited (NeML) for taking forward Digital Agriculture.
- These projects are aimed at increasing farmers’ income and protecting their produce.
- In addition, a database for all farmers the information on all benefits and supports of various schemes of Central & State Government can be kept and this can be the source for accessing information for providing benefits to farmers in the future.
- So far, the database is ready with details of around 5.5 crore farmers.
17. Which edition of ASEAN-India Economic Ministers Consultations held virtually?
Answer: D) 18th
- The meeting was attended by the Economic Ministers of all the 10 ASEAN countries Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
18. The Centre has approved the renaming of village Sadi Khurd, in Jaunpur district in which state, as Shachipuram?
A) J & K
B) Tamil Nadu
D) West Bengal
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
- The Centre has approved the renaming of village Sadi Khurd, in Jaunpur district near Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, as Shachipuram.
- Home ministry officials said two more proposals from the UP government on renaming Sadha Pargana Hasanganj near Unnao as Damodar Nagar and Gram Sarkada Khas near Moradabad as Saraka Bishnoi are under consideration.
19. Which organisation, HDFC and Greater Noida Authority ink pact for dry waste management facility?
Answer: D) UNDP
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), HDFC Bank and the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) inked a pact to set up a facility for to manage up to 300 metric tonnes of dry waste in the city every month, officials said.
20. Who flags off first SpiceJet flight from Visakhapatnam to Mumbai?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Bhupendar Yadav
D) Jyotiraditya M. Scindia
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: D) Jyotiraditya M. Scindia
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, MoS, Civil Aviation, General Dr V K Singh (Retd.) along with Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), Shri Pradeep Kharola virtually flagged off the first SpiceJet flight from Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh) to Mumbai (Maharashtra). Shri Vasupalli Ganesh Kumar, MLA South Assembly Constituency (Telugu Desam) joined the event virtually from Vishakhapatnam airport.
- Smt. Usha Padhee, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Shri Sanjeev Kumar, Chairman, Airports Authority of India (AAI) along with other senior officials of the MoCA & AAI were also present at the ceremony held at MoCA.