Daily Current Affairs September 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 14 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs September 14
1. Hindi Diwas is observed on which date?
A) September 14
B) September 12
C) September 11
D) September 9
E) September 10
Answer: A) September 14
Why do we celebrate National Hindi Diwas?
- The Constituent assembly of India adopted Hindi as the official language of the country on September 14, 1949 under Article 343.
- It started being observed as Hindi Day after stalwarts like Beohar Rajendra Simha, Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, Kaka Kalelkar, Maithili Sharan Gupt and Seth Govind Das lobbied hard for the cause.
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs September 14
2. Which country was formally suspended from the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics by the IOC?
C) North Korea
Answer: C) North Korea
- North Korea was formally suspended from the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics by the IOC as punishment for refusing to send a team to the Tokyo Games citing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Individual athletes from North Korea who qualify to compete in Beijing could still be accepted by a separate decision in the future
- The North Korean Olympic committee is suspended through 2022 and the exclusion could be extended, he said.
RANKING – Daily Current Affairs September 14
3. According to Knight Frank, India ranks ____ out of 55 countries globally in the Housing Prices Index Report for the first quarter of this calendar year?
Answer: A) 54th
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 14
4. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed monetary penalty of _____ on Spice Money Ltd for non-compliance with certain provisions of its directions relating to issuance and operation of prepaid payment instruments (PPIs)?
A) ₹1.44 lakh
B) ₹2.44 lakh
C) ₹3.44 lakh
D) ₹4.44 lakh
E) ₹5.44 lakh
Answer: B) ₹2.44 lakh
5. Which organisation announces opening of third cohort under Regulatory Sandbox?
Answer: C) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India announced the opening of the third cohort under the Regulatory Sandbox.
- The application for the third cohort may be submitted from October 1 to November 14, 2021, it said.
- The theme for the third cohort is MSME lending.
NBFCs, payment system operators allowed to apply for Aadhaar e-KYC licence: RBI:
- The Reserve Bank of India has invited applications from NBFCs, payment system providers and payment system participants looking to obtain Aadhaar e-KYC licence.
- As per provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002, entities other than banking companies may, by notification of the central government, be permitted to authenticate client’s Aadhaar number using e-KYC facility provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
6. Escorts ties up with which bank for finance to farmers?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IDBI Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: D) IndusInd Bank
- To make its range of tractors and farm equipment more accessible, Escorts Ltd has partnered with IndusInd Bank to provide financial solutions to farmers.
- IndusInd Bank will offer farmers easy access to financial assistance in the form of loans in a seamless manner, Escorts said.
7. ______ has successfully completed the Reserve Bank of India’s first cohort for voice-based retail payments?
E) Capital Float
Answer: C) ToneTag
BOOKS AND AUTHORS – Daily Current Affairs September 14
8. Human Rights and Terrorism in India is authored by whom?
1) Subramanian Swamy
2) Bimal Prasad
3) Ravi Shastri
A) Only 1
B) Only 3
C) Only 2
D) Only 1 & 3
E) Only 2 & 3
Answer: A) Only 1
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs September 14
9. Which IIT launches ‘Project Udaan’, that enables translation of textbooks and other study material?
A) IIT Kozhikode
B) IIT Mandi
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Madras
E) IIT Bombay
Answer: E) IIT Bombay
- With an aim to break the language barrier that many students face when they join institutes of higher education, IIT-Bombay launched ‘Project Udaan’, that enables translation of textbooks and other study material related to engineering and other streams.
- The virtual inauguration, which coincided with Hindi Diwas, was attended by Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, Dr. Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan as the chief guest.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 14
10. India handover Dornier aircraft to _____ as part of Vision SAGAR?
Answer: A) Mauritius
- For this, India would cooperate on the exchange of information, coastal surveillance, the building of infrastructure and strengthening their capabilities. Further, India seeks to safeguard its national interests and ensure the Indian Ocean region become inclusive, collaborative and respect international law.
- In 2015, India unveiled its strategic vision for the Indian Ocean i.e. Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR).
- It is increasing recognition of the increasing importance of maritime security, maritime commons and cooperation.
11. India, which country launch project to link UPI and PayNow for instant fund transfers?
Answer: B) Singapore
- India and Singapore will link their respective fast payment systems — Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and PayNow — to enable users to make instant, low-cost fund transfers on a reciprocal basis, the Reserve Bank said.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) announced the project to link the fast payment systems.
- The linkage is targeted for operationalization by July 2022.
12. INS Tabar conducts maritime partnership exercise with which country Navy in Red Sea?
Answer: D) Sudan
- Indian Navy and Sudanese Navy carried out a bilateral maritime exercise in the Red Sea off the Sudanese coast on September 10, the Indian Navy said.
- INS Tabar and two Sudanese Navy ships- Almazz and Nimer- participated in this maiden exercise with the Indian Navy
- As part of her ongoing overseas deployment to Europe and Africa, INS Tabar undertook a maritime partnership exercise with ships of the Sudanese Navy.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 14
13. India’s retail inflation measured by consumer price index (CPI) dropped to ____ per cent in August from 5.59 per cent in July?
Answer: C) 5.30
14. A joint venture company will be formed by which state government and the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) for the promotion of the dairy sector in the state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Assam
15. Centre announces auction for sale of ______ govt securities?
A) Rs 26,000 cr
B) Rs 36,000 cr
C) Rs 16,000 cr
D) Rs 56,000 cr
E) Rs 66,000 cr
Answer: A) Rs 26,000 cr
16. Which company, Rolls-Royce sign pact for Make-in-India Adour engine parts for global markets?
Answer: E) HAL
17. Who launches an account named PIB Fact Check on Telegram to counter fake news?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Arjun Munda
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: D) Anurag Singh Thakur
18. Two-day conference of Tourism & Culture Ministers of North Eastern states begins in ____?
Answer: B) Guwahati
- A two-day conference of the Tourism and Culture Ministers of the North Eastern states has begun in Guwahati.
- Addressing the conference, Union Tourism and Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy said that the tourism sector has the potential of being a game changer for the North East.
- Mr. Reddy hoped that people of North Eastern states would directly benefit from the tourism sector through its various initiatives.
- He said, the conference is a great opportunity to showcase the potential of tourism in the region and emphasised to build confidence among the tourists in the wake of COVID situation.
19. Which state increases reservation for women in govt jobs from 30 to 40 per cent?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) West Bengal
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Government has increased reservation for women in Government jobs from 30 per cent to 40 per cent. Minister for Finance and Human Resource Management Palanivel Thiagarajan said, gender equality will play a major role in bringing a change.
- The State Government will bring necessary amendments.
- The Government is providing horizontal reservation while filling vacancies through the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and the Teachers’ Recruitment Board.
20. Who launched a portal named “PRANA” (Portal for Regulation of Air-pollution in Non-Attainment cities) under the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP)?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Bhupendar Yadav
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: C) Bhupendar Yadav
- Hon’ble Minister of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Shri Bhupendar Yadav launched a portal named “PRANA” (Portal for Regulation of Air-pollution in Non-Attainment cities) under the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) on the occasion of the second International Day of Clean Air For Blue Skies, last week.
- Knowledge Lens (a B2B product company that builds innovative solutions in niche technologies including Big Data, AI, IoT) is honoured to have been chosen by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) to develop this portal.