Daily Current Affairs September 13
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 13. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs September 13
1. Daniil Medvedev won Men’s Singles in US Open. He was related to which country?
Answer: C) Russia
|Men’s Singles||Daniil Medvedev||Russia||Novak Djokovic||Serbia|
|Women’s Singles||Emma Raducanu||England||Leylah Fernandez||Canada|
2. Who won The Italian Grand Prix?
A) Valtteri Bottas
B) Daniel Ricciardo
C) Michael Masi
D) George Russell
E) Lewis Hamilton
Answer: B) Daniel Ricciardo
|2||Lando Norris||McLaren||United Kingdom|
3. Who have been voted as the winners of the ICC Players of the Month for August 2021?
1) M S Dhoni
2) Joe Root
3) Eimear Richardson
A) Only 1
B) Only 3
C) Only 2
D) Only 1 & 3
E) Only 2 & 3
Answer: E) Only 2 & 3
- England Test skipper Joe Root and Ireland’s Eimear Richardson have been voted as the winners of the ICC Players of the Month for August 2021.
- Root was voted the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for August for his consistent performances in the first three Tests against India which were part of the ICC World Test Championship (WTC) series.
- Root had scored more runs in the first three Tests than England’s next three highest run-scorers combined and had also been their highest individual scorer in each of their five innings.
- On the back of his stunning display in August, Root climbed to the top of ICC Men’s Test Rankings for batters on September 1.
- Placed fifth in the rankings before the start of the series, the England skipper had leapfrogged Virat Kohli, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, and Kane Williamson to the No.1 spot.
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs September 13
4. Oscar Fernandes passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: B) Politician
- Senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP Oscar Fernandes passed away at the age of 80, informed the Congress party.
- He was admitted to a private hospital in Karnataka’s Mangaluru.
- He held several party positions and also served as the Union Cabinet Minister for Transport, Road and Highways and Labour and Employment in the UPA regime.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 13
5. Which Bank introduces real-time digital cross-border incoming payment tracking for all corporate and SME clients?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) DBS Bank
- DBS has launched real-time online tracking for cross-border collections for businesses in India in partnership with SWIFT Global Payments Innovation (gpi).
- DBS is the first bank in India and Asia-Pacific to offer this service to clients, which is expected to benefit close to 4000 corporate and SME clients in India, with numbers expected to grow further.
- The new DBS SWIFT gpi incoming tracking will arm corporate treasures with better cash forecasting by receiving the end-to-end tracking information, which was not possible a few years ago.
- Corporates can gain visibility over incoming payments now, helping with working capital management by planning back-to-back payments, thereby improving receivables forecasting and overall cash position.
- It also helps improve accuracy for intraday credit line needs and provides further benefits in supporting credit control.
6. Which payments Bank launches India’s first FASTag-based metro parking facility?
A) Airtel Payments Bank.
B) India Post Payments Bank.
C) Fino Payments Bank.
D) Jio Payments Bank.
E) Paytm Payments Bank.
Answer: E) Paytm Payments Bank.
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) said that it has enabled the country’s first FASTag-based metro parking facility in partnership with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- As an acquiring bank for the parking facility at the Kashmere Gate metro station, PPBL will facilitate the processing of all FASTag based transactions for cars having a valid FASTag sticker, thus eliminating the hassle of stopping and paying cash at the counter.
- Additionally, Paytm Payments Bank has enabled a UPI-based payment solution for 2-wheelers entering the parking site, thus digitizing the entire parking payments at the site.
- With the implementation of the PPBL powered FASTag system, car owners are no longer required to tender cash and parking fee is deducted directly from the wallet or account linked with the FASTag of the respective vehicles.
- Two-wheeler owners can also pay their parking fees digitally at the metro station via a simple UPI payment.
- Currently, the facility is available at the metro station’s gate number 6 and it offers parking space for 174 two-wheelers & 55 four-wheelers.
7. Which company has partnered with OneCard, India’s first exclusive mobile-based credit card, to extend its equated monthly instalments (EMI) offering to all OneCard credit card holders?
A) Pine Labs
E) Dvara E-Registry
Answer: A) Pine Labs
- Pine Labs, a merchant commerce platform, has partnered with OneCard, India’s first exclusive mobile-based credit card, to extend its equated monthly instalments (EMI) offering to all OneCard credit card holders.
- With this collaboration OneCard credit card holders will now be able to avail interest-free EMI on their credit card for mid and high-value purchases made at Pine Labs PoS terminals across the country.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 13
8. Mohammad Hasan Akhund is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: C) Afghanistan
- Afghanistan’s Taliban announced key posts for their new government, after the hardline Islamists seized control of the country and ousted the previous regime last month.
- Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund, who is on a UN sanctions list, was named as the acting prime minister.
- Taliban co-founder Abdul Ghani Baradar will be one deputy, as well as Abdul Salam Hanafi, who was most recently part of peace talks in Doha.
- The Taliban’s inner workings and leadership have long been shrouded in secrecy — even when they ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 13
9. Which country has tested a new long-range cruise missile capable of hitting much of Japan?
E) North Korea
Answer: E) North Korea
- North Korea has tested a new long-range cruise missile capable of hitting much of Japan.
- The weekend tests saw missiles travelling up to 1,500 kms.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 13
10. Which state Electronics Development Corp partners with iBus to deploy digital infrastructure?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Assam
- State-run Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd has appointed tech firm iBus Networks as its exclusive business partner for deploying and operating digital infrastructure on commercial premises
- With this partnership, the two entities will offer connectivity solutions on large campuses, IT parks, hospitals, SEZs and commercial buildings, it said.
- The nodal implementing agency of the state information technology department and the private network solution provider will identify appropriate business opportunities and collectively look forward to design and deploy digital infrastructure (DI), Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd managing director MK Yadava said.
- The development of DI will reduce the digital divide in India, he said.
- The Assam government undertaking has over 36 years of experience in delivering solutions in electronics, telecom and IT.
- Tech firm iBus along with its group entities is an in-building network coverage provider in the country, covering 500 million sq ft in over 900 sites of 19 states.
11. The Army organized the first-ever women’s cycle rally in Baramulla, Kashmir. The distance of the rally was _____ km?
Answer: E) 65
- The Army organized the first-ever women’s cycle rally in Baramulla, Kashmir.
- The distance of the rally was 65 km, starting from Shawkat Ali Stadium in Baramulla to Kaman Post in Uri.
- Around 82 women from all over the country participated in the event.
12. India is set to launch its first ballistic missile and satellite tracking ship ____?
A) INS Varun
B) INS Thiru
C) INS Guna
D) INS Vijay
E) INS Dhruv
Answer: E) INS Dhruv
- India is set to launch its first ballistic missile and satellite tracking ship INS Dhruv, said a report.
- It is a 10,000 tonne vessel and it will be commissioned from southern Indian port of Visakhapatnam.
- The ship is to be launched in the presence of senior officials of Indian Navy, National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- INS Dhruv will be the latest weapon in Indian Navy’s arsenal. It has been built by Hindustan Shipyard along with DRDO and NTRO.
- Dhruv will be Indian Navy’s first ship capable of tracking nuclear missiles even at long range.
- Moreover, INS Dhruv will also have capability to map ocean beds for research as well as detection of enemy submarines.
- The ship’s capabilities mean that India will be able to gauge the true missile capability of the enemy when it tests their ballistic missile.
- China has moved to a ‘sea-based military doctrine’ and inclusion of INS Dhruv gives Indian Navy capability to better strategise in all domains of naval warfare.
13. KT Rama Rao flags off world’s second-largest start-up incubator in which place?
Answer: B) Hyderabad
- IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao that T-Hub 2.0 was ready to be inaugurated.
- Stating that the facility, with 3.5 lakh sq ft of built-up space, was India’s largest technology incubator and the world’s second largest, he said it would be home to more than 2,000 start-ups when it gets operational.