Daily Current Affairs September 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs September 12
1. Ryan ten Doeschate is related to which sports?
Answer: B) Cricket
RANKING – Daily Current Affairs September 1
2. Which city is topped in the list of top 10 best cities in the world in 2021?
A) Tel Aviv, Israel
B) San Francisco, California, United States of America
C) Amsterdam, Netherlands
D) Manchester, United Kingdom
E) Montreal, Canada
Answer: B) San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Released by : Time Out magazine
|1||San Francisco, California, United States of America|
|3||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|5||New York, United States of America|
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 1
3. Bhupendra Patel is appointed as New CM of which state?
Answer: B) Gujarat
- A day after the exit of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and his cabinet, Ghatlodiya MLA Bhupendra Patel was picked to be the next CM of the state.
- The decision was taken at the BJP legislature party meeting in Gandhinagar.
- Bhupendra Patel’s name was proposed by CM Vijay Rupani, whose resignation from the post surprised many.
- Most of the 112 MLAs of the party in the 182-member Assembly were present at the meeting, BJP sources told PTI.
- Anandiben Patel had represented the Ghatlodiya constituency before she was appointed Governor.
- Patel had won the 2017 Gujarat Assembly polls from the Ghatlodiya constituency, defeating Congress candidate Shashikant Patel by over one lakh votes.
- It was the highest winning margin in the 2017 Gujarat polls.
- He holds a diploma in civil engineering and is considered to be close to former CM Anandiben Patel, who had won from the seat in the 2012 polls.
- Patel, a first-time MLA, is a member of the Patidar community.
- He has also held the positions of president of Memnagar municipality in Ahmedabad, standing committee chairman of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority.
4. Najib Mikati is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: C) Lebanon
- A new government has been announced in Lebanon over a year after the previous administration quit following the devastating Beirut port explosion.
- Najib Mikati – Lebanon’s richest man – becomes Prime Minister, a position he has held twice before.
- His appointment, along with the naming of a new cabinet, ends months of political paralysis.
- It comes as Lebanon grapples with some of the severest domestic crises it has faced in its history.
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs September 12
5. National Institute of Open Schooling has bagged global recognition from ____ for its innovative approach towards education?
Answer: E) UNESCO
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), run by the education ministry, has bagged global recognition from UNESCO for its innovative approach towards education.
- The recognition is for educating differently-abled people through technology-enabled inclusive learning material.
- The NIOS move has a specific focus on Indian sign language-based content, the organization said.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs September 12
6. Skyroot Aerospace has become the first private company to formally enter into an agreement with ____ to use its expertise and access facilities to test and qualify its small rocket ahead of launch next year?
Answer: D) ISRO
- Skyroot Aerospace, a Hyderabad-based space technology startup, has become the first private company to formally enter into an agreement with ISRO to use its expertise and access facilities to test and qualify its small rocket ahead of launch next year.
- Skyroot, founded by former ISRO scientists, is building the Vikram series of rockets to carry small satellites into space.
- The startup has already test fired its solid propulsion rocket engine named Kalam-5, whose bigger version will power its rockets
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 12
7. Which country to be first country to require new homes to include EV chargers?
Answer: A) England
- The British government will introduce legislation in 2021 that will require all newly built homes and offices to feature electric vehicle chargers in England, the media reported.
- Specifically, all new homes and offices will have to feature “smart” charging devices that can automatically charge vehicles during off-peak periods.
- The home and office EV charger mandate is expected to start in 2022.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 12
8. India’s largest open air fernery developed in which place?
Answer: E) Ranikhet
- The country’s largest open-air fernery was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Uttarakhand’s Almora district by a well-known expert on ferns Nilambar Kunetha, an official said.
- The fernery has been developed by the research wing of Uttarakhand Forest Department over a period of three years under the Centre’s compensatory afforestation scheme CAMPA.
- It has a collection of 120 different types of fern with only Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanical Garden and Research Institute (TBGRI), Thiruvananthapuram having a larger number of fern species, Chief Conservator of Forest (Research) Sanjiv Chaturvedi said.
9. Which state Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with DP World for setting up container terminal, minor port and other facilities involving an investment of Rs 2,000 crore?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with DP World for setting up container terminal, minor port and other facilities involving an investment of Rs 2,000 crore.
- An official release said the MoU was signed in the presence of Chief Minister M.K.Stalin, Industries Minister Thangam Thennarasu and officials of DP World at the State Secretariat.
- The MoU was for establishing Container Terminal, minor port, Cold Storage facility, Free Trade Zone, data centers among others across Thoothukudi, Tiruvallur, Sriperumbudur, Salem, Erode and Coimbatore.