Daily Current Affairs September 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 12| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 12
1. National Forest Martyrs Day was 1st observed on?
Answer: D) 2013
- Date: September 11
- Day: National Forest Martyrs Day
- 1st Observed: 2013
- Others: The tragic Khejarli massacre occurred on September 11, 1730, which is why this day was chosen to be recognised as National Forest Martyrs Day.
2. World First Aid Day is observed on?
A) September 15
B) September 10
C) September 12
D) September 14
E) September 11
Answer: B) September 10
- Date: September 10 (Second Saturday of September)
- Day: World First Aid Day
- 1st Observed: 2000
- Theme: Lifelong First Aid
- Observed By: International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
3. World Suicide Prevention Day was 1st observed on?
Answer: A) 2003
- Date: September 10
- Day: World Suicide Prevention Day
- 1st Observed: 2003
- Theme: Creating hope through action (2021 to 2023 – triennial theme)
- Observed By: International Association for Suicide Prevention & World Health
- Organization (WHO)
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 12
4. Verstappen won Italian Grand Prix for ____ time?
Answer: C) 1st
|Italian Grand Prix|
|1||Max Verstappen (Red Bull)|
|2||Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)|
|3||George Russell (Mercedes)|
5. Broad became second-most successful pacer in Tests with how many wickets?
Answer: E) 565
- England pace veteran Stuart Broad went past Australian great Glenn McGrath to become the second-most successful pacer in history of Test cricket.
- He accomplished this landmark during his side’s third and final Test against South Africa in The Oval.
- Broad is second-most successful pace bowler in Tests with 565 wickets next to his bowling partner and compatriot, James Anderson, who has 666 wickets in the longer format.
- With this, Broad has also become the fifth-most successful bowler in Test history.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 12
6. How many lakh crore UPI Transaction done in August?
A) Rs 11.68 lakh crore
B) Rs 10.73 lakh crore
C) Rs 14.57 lakh crore
D) Rs 15.48 lakh crore
E) Rs 12.83 lakh crore
Answer: B) Rs 10.73 lakh crore
- Rising credit card and UPI payments indicate an increase in consumption amid a recovery in economic activities with the ebbing impact of the Covid pandemic, said experts and market players.
- As per the RBI’s monthly data, the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions increased from Rs 9.83 lakh crore in April this year to Rs 10.73 lakh crore in August.
Similarly, credit card spending through the PoS (Point of Sale) terminal increased from Rs 29,988 crore in April this year to Rs 32,383 crore in August.
- The credit card spending on e-commerce platforms, which was valued at Rs 51,375 crore in April, rose to Rs 55,264 crore in August.
- Rama Mohan Rao Amara, MD, and CEO, SBI Card, said the outstanding on credit cards has grown at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16 percent between FY17 and FY22.
- With the increased adoption and use of credit cards, there has also been an increase in spending.
- Over the last few months, the industry has seen monthly credit card spending crossing Rs 1 lakh-crore quantum consistently, indicating a robust consumption pattern.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 12
7. Who among the following appointed as MD and CEO of NCML?
A) Sanjay Chaudhry
B) Siraj Chaudhry
C) Siraj Sanjay
D) Sanjay Gupta
E) Siraj Gupta
Answer: D) Sanjay Gupta
- Organization: National Commodities Management Services Limited (NCML)
- Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer: Sanjay Gupta
- Chairman (non-executive director): Siraj Chaudhry
8. Who among the following became king of Australia, New Zealand?
A) King Charles III
B) King Charles IV
C) King Charles I
D) King Charles V
E) King Charles II
Answer: A) King Charles III
- Country: Australia, New Zealand
- Monarch: King Charles III
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 12
9. Avaada Energy baggedhow many mega-watt solar project?
A) 400 MW
B) 500 MW
C) 300 MW
D) 100 MW
E) 200 MW
Answer: C) 300 MW
- Avaada Energy has won a 300 MW solar project at a tariff of Rs 2.83 per kWh from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company (MSEDCL).
- Avaada Group has been declared one of the winners in an auction conducted by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company (MSEDCL) to procure power from 500 MW of grid-connected inter or intrastate solar projects (Phase-VIII) on a long-term basis.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs September 12
10. Indian Navy launched ____ stealth frigate ‘Taragiri’?
Answer: E) 3rd
- Taragiri, the third stealth frigate of the Indian Navy’s Project 17A, was launched in Mumbai, the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders (MDL).
- This ship has been built using an integrated construction methodology which involves hull block construction in different geographical locations and integration and erection on the slipway at the MDL.
- The ship was named by Charu Singh, President, Navy Wives Welfare Association (Western Region), wife of vice admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, FOC-in-C Western Naval Command, who was the chief guest.
- The keel of ‘Taragiri’ was laid on September 10, 2020.
- The ship is expected to be delivered by August 2025.
- The vessel is being launched with an approximate launch weight of 3,510 tons.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 12
11. PM Modi will visit Samarkand for _____ Summit of SCO Council of Heads of State?
Answer: B) 22nd
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting Samarkand, Uzbekistan from September 15-16, 2022 to attend the 22nd Meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State.
- PM Modi will be in Samarkand at the invitation of Uzbekistan President ShavkatMirziyoyev.
- The SCO Summit will be attended by leaders of SCO Member States, Observer States, Secretary General of the SCO, Executive Director of the SCO Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS), President of Turkmenistan and other invited guests.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 12
12. PM Modi said country is building largest database of dairy animals; foot, mouth disease vaccination to be provided to all dairy animals by which year?
Answer: D) 2025
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country is building the largest database of dairy animals and every animal associated with the dairy sector is being tagged by 2025.
- Inaugurating the International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit 2022, in Greater Noida, Mr. Modi said that India’s dairy sector is recognised for production by masses rather than mass production.
- India has become the largest producer of dairy products in the world due to the collective efforts of small-scale dairy farmers.
- He said, in 2014, India produced 146 million tonnes of milk and now it has increased to 210 million tonnes, which is an increase of about 44 percent.
13. Indian Railways overall revenue grows by how many percent till August compared to corresponding period last year?
Answer: A) 38%
- Indian Railways‘ overall revenue has grown by 38 percent till August 2022 over the corresponding period of last year.
- The overall revenue of Indian Railways at the end of August this year was around 95 thousand 486 crore rupees showing an increase of 26 thousand 271 crore rupees over the same period last year.
- Railway Ministry said that the revenue from passenger traffic was nearly 25 thousand 276 crore rupees showing an increase of 116 percent over the corresponding period of last year.
- Passenger traffic also increased compared to last year in both the segments, reserved as well as unreserved.
- The growth from the long-distance reserved mail express trains has been sharper than the same in passenger and suburban trains.
- The Ministry also said that other Coaching revenue grew by 50 percent while Goods revenue grew by 20 percent as compared to the same period of last year.
14. Which of the following state holded its first ever Naga Mircha Festival at Seihama?
Answer: C) Nagaland
- In a first of its kind in Nagaland, Naga Mircha (Naga King Chilli) Festival 2022 was organised at Seiyhama Village under Kohima district.
- The festival was sponsored by the Department of Horticulture.
15. Which of the following state CM approved draft Industrial and Business Development policy?
Answer: B) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann has approved the draft Industrial and Business Development policy, which aims to attract Rs 5 lakh crore investment in five years.
- The policy will attract Rs 5 lakh crore of investment in five years, increase the share of secondary sector in GSDP to 30 per cent and tertiary sector to 62 per cent and increase the employability of the youth through skilling and increase employment opportunities in the state, the release said.
- The policy will also facilitate the development of at least 15 industrial parks in the state, attract at least one anchor unit in various manufacturing and service industry sectors, provide power at affordable and fixed tariff for five years to the Industry and upgrade power supply infrastructure to all the industrial areas to provide quality and uninterrupted power.
16. Which of the following state CM launched various developmental projects in Kangra?
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur on Sunday launched multiple developmental projects worth Rs 148.68 crores in the Sulah assembly constituency of the Kangra district.
- The developmental projects include Rs 16.80 crore double lane bridge over Neugal khud on Bairghatta- Duhak road, Rs 10.07 crore lift water supply scheme for Kona Pihadi, DuhakDhaniyara, BhediPaprola, Dali Bhalunder and LahduSadda villages under Palampur tehsil, Rs 4.25 crore flow irrigation scheme Bada Beas.
- He also performed the foundation laying ceremony of Pharmacy College Sulah to be constructed at a cost of Rs 70 crore and the ITI building at Kouna.
17. How many machines to be distributed, massive awareness programme against Stubble burning?
Answer: A) 56000
- Punjab Agriculture Minister Kuldeep Singh Dhaliwal said 56,000 machines will be distributed to farmers for managing paddy stubble, asserting that the state government would take every possible step to stop stubble burning in the upcoming paddy harvesting season.
- Addressing the media here, Dhaliwal said the agriculture department will distribute 56,000 machines under the in-situ management of stubble scheme this season, taking the total tally of machines to 1,46,422.
- He said 90,422 machines have been given to farmers from 2018 till 2022.
- Dhaliwal further said now small farmers would also get machines like super seeder, happy seeder, zero drill as 500 such equipment will be sent to 154 blocks of the state.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Environment and Energy