Daily Current Affairs September 1
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 1. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 1 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs September 1
1. 61st Foundation Day of NCERT is observed on which date?
A) September 3
B) September 2
C) September 4
D) September 5
E) September 1
Answer: E) September 1
Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan to address 61st Foundation Day of NCERT:
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will address the 61st Foundation Day of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- Minister of State for Education Subhas Sarkar and Dr Raj Kumar Ranjan Singh along with Additional Secretary School Education and Literacy Santosh Kumar Sarangi and Director NCERT Prof. Sridhar Srivastava and senior official of the Education Ministry and NCERT will also be present on the occasion.
National Nutrition Week 2021:
- In India, the National Nutrition Week is observed every year from September 1 to September 7 to raise public awareness about nutrition and healthy eating habits.
- The week is observed to make people understand the importance of nutritional and adaptive eating habits so that they can maintain a healthy lifestyle.
National Nutrition Week 2021 theme:
- The theme for National Nutrition Week 2021 is ‘feeding smart right from start’.
- A program has been launched by the central government to provide accurate information and raise awareness through seminars and workshops.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs September 1
2. Exim Bank provides how much amount loan to Africa Finance Corp for infra development?
A) USD 200 Million
B) USD 300 Million
C) USD 400 Million
D) USD 500 Million
E) USD 100 Million
Answer: E) USD 100 Million
- Exim Bank of India has extended a line of credit of USD 100 million (Rs 730 crore) on behalf of the Indian government to the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) to develop infrastructure in the continent and boost economic revival of countries in the region.
- AFC is an infrastructure solutions provider in the African continent.
3. Google Pay launches digital FD in tie-up with which SFB?
A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
B) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank.
C) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
D) A U Small Finance Bank.
E) Capital Small Finance Bank.
Answer: C) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Equitas Small Finance Bank (SFB) announced that it will now enable users to open fixed deposits (FDs) on Google Pay.
- Initially, this functionality will be available for Google Pay users who are accessing the app from Android.
- The bank said the deposits in Equitas are covered by a deposit guarantee upto ₹5 lakh per depositor.
- Customers can enjoy returns of up to 6.35% for an FD of one year – substantially higher than many other savings options.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY – Daily Current Affairs September 1
4. Which organisation launched SOYDEX, the bourse’s second sectoral agri-index futures contract?
Answer: E) NCDEX
- The weightage of Soybean and Refined Soy Oil in the new index will be 67.92 per cent and 32.08 per cent, respectively.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs September 1
5.Which state govt nominates shooter Avani Lekhara brand ambassador of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao?
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan government has nominated shooter Avani Lekhara, who won a gold medal at the Tokyo Paralympics , as the brand ambassador of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign in the state.
- Lekhara, 19, hails from Jaipur and she won the gold medal in shooting in the Paralympics.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs September 1
6. Which IIT startup company has introduced the world’s first ‘Plant based’ smart air-purifier ”Ubreathe Life”?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Roorkee
E) IIT Ropar
Answer: E) IIT Ropar
- IIT Ropar’s startup company has introduced the world’s first ‘Plant based’ smart air-purifier ”Ubreathe Life”.
- ”Budding scientists of Indian Institutes of Technology, Ropar and Kanpur and Faculty of Management Studies of Delhi University have developed a living-plant based air purifier “Ubreathe Life” that amplifies the air purification process in the indoor spaces.
- These indoor spaces can either be hospitals, schools, offices and your Homes.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs September 1
7. A three-day Jashn-e-Kashmir folk dance festival is held in which state/UT?
C) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: C) Jammu & Kashmir
- A three-day Jashn-e-Kashmir folk dance festival being organised by Shah Qalandar Folk Theatre, a local folk club, in collaboration with the Union Ministry of Culture is currently underway.
- The festival played a big role to revive the age-old folk dance culture in Jammu and Kashmir as it gave a platform to the folk dance and folk theatre artists to showcase their talent.
- It also aims to provide employment to the folk artists hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. Indian Navy signed a contract with which company for supply of the first indigenous comprehensive Naval Anti Drone System (NADS) with both hard kill and soft kill capabilities?
Answer: E) BEL
- The anti-drone system can instantly detect and jam micro drones and use a laser-based kill mechanism to terminate targets, a statement said.
- This system was deployed first at the Republic Day Parade this year, and also at Red Fort on Independence Day during the Prime Minister’s speech.
- The system, which offers 360-degree coverage, was also deployed in Ahmedabad for the Modi-Trump roadshow.
9. World’s highest motorable road at 18,600 ft inaugurated in which UT?
C) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: B) Ladakh
- A strategically important road, which connects Leh to the Pangong Lake, was inaugurated by Ladakh MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal, who said that the stretch passing through the Kela Pass at 18,600 feet will be world’s highest motorable way.
- The road, constructed by the 58 Engineer Regiment of the Indian Army, will reduce 41-km of travel from Leh (Zingral to Tangtse) to the picturesque Pangong Lake crossing the Kela Pass.
10. GST collection declines to _____ month-on-month in August?
A) Rs 1.11 trillion
B) Rs 1.13 trillion
C) Rs 1.14 trillion
D) Rs 1.16 trillion
E) Rs 1.12 trillion
Answer: E) Rs 1.12 trillion
- Goods and services tax (GST) collection moderated in August compared to July, but exceeded the Rs 1.1 trillion mark with economic activity picking-up pace across major parts of the country as Covid-19 cases declined, official data showed.
- Robust revenues will help the government ramp up spending to ensure economic revival.
- The GST mop-up in August stood at Rs 1,12,020 crore as against Rs 1,16,393 crore in July according to the data released by the finance ministry.
- The latest numbers pertain to transactions done in July.
11. Which state becomes first state to administer first dose of Corona vaccine to 100 percent of its eligible population?
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh has achieved a unique distinction of achieving cent percent target of first dose of Covid-19 vaccination above the age of 18 years.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated the State Government and has agreed to virtually address the people of the State on 6th of September.
- He will also interact with few frontline workers, who have done exceptional work in achieving this target.
12. India hosted which edition of Meeting of Agriculture Experts of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Countries virtually?
Answer: A) 8
- India hosted the 8th Meeting of Agriculture Experts of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Countries virtually.
- Dr Trilochan Mohapatra, Director General of Indian Council of Agricultural Research chaired the daylong meeting.
- Ministry of Agriculture said that experts of Agricultural Ministries from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand participated in the meeting.
13. Which Ministry partners with Google to enhance people’s access to COVID-19 vaccine?
A) Women & Child Development Ministry
B) AYUSH Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) Health Ministry
E) Defence Ministry
Answer: D) Health Ministry
14. Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) launched its scheme for the sale of electric two-wheelers for which state government employees?
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Kerala
- State-run Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) launched its scheme for the sale of electric two-wheelers for Kerala government employees.
- This comes in the backdrop of CESL calling bids for procuring100,000 electric three-wheelers with an estimated cost of ₹3000 crore in the largest such global tender.
- CESL’s parent firm Energy Efficiency Services Ltd’s (EESL) been allotted the demand aggregation of electric three-wheeler and electric bus component under the ₹10,000 crore Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (Fame) scheme of the government.
15. Who releases a special commemorative coin on the occasion of 125th Birth Anniversary of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Ji?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Narendra Singh Tomar
C) Hardeep Singh Puri
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi released a special commemorative coin on the occasion of the 125th Birth Anniversary of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Ji via video conference.
- Union Minister For Culture, Tourism and Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Shri G Kishan Reddy, among others, was present on the occasion.
- Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister mentioned the happy coincidence of Janmashtami day before and the 125th birth anniversary of Srila Prabhupada ji.
16. Which state Slum Board renamed Urban Habitat Development Board?
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin announced that the Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board would henceforth be called the Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board.