Daily Current Affairs October 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 23 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 23
1. International Snow Leopard Day is observed on which date?
A) October 22
B) October 15
C) October 23
D) October 18
E) October 20
Answer: C) October 23
- The International Snow Leopard Day is celebrated to create awareness about conservation and preservation of Snow Leopards.
- October 23rd was proclaimed as the International Snow Leopard Day at the first Global Snow Leopard Forum held in Bishek, Kyrgyzstan.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 23
2. Swadesh Mondal of which state created his fourth national record at the ongoing 37th Sub Junior and 47th Junior National Championships?
D) West Bengal
Answer: D) West Bengal
- Swadesh Mondal of Bengal created his fourth national record at the ongoing 37th Sub Junior and 47th Junior National Championships.
- Mondal came up with a brilliant effort to push a fighting Shoan Ganguly of Karnataka to the second place.
- While Swadesh took lead in butterfly, Shoan was ahead in the second hundred where his backstroke was much faster than his competitor from Bengal.
- But Swadesh showed his supremacy in the third hundred swimming breast stroke and held on to the lead in freestyle to clinch the race with a time of 4:34.15.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 23
3. Which organisation came out with a comprehensive draft framework for implementing the Basel III capital adequacy norms for All India Financial Institutions (AIFIs)?
Answer: C) RBI
4. Which company launches tokenisation solution in partnership with Mastercard, RuPay and Visa?
A) Pine Labs
E) Dvara E-Registry
Answer: B) Razorpay
- All stakeholders are required to ensure full compliance with the tokenisation framework by December 31, 2021.
- The card tokenisation framework ensures that a customer’s card information rests only with the customer, the card network, and the issuing bank, which minimises the risk of card data leaks significantly.
5. Bank of Baroda launched which edition of its ‘Baroda Kisan Pakhwada (BKP)?
Answer: B) 4
- Aiming at economic upliftment in Rural Sector, India’s premier public sector bank, Bank of Baroda (BoB) said, as mark of commemorating the World Food Day, it launched the fourth edition of its ‘Baroda Kisan Pakhwada (BKP).’
- Today marks the beginning of the fourth edition of ‘Baroda Kisan Pakhwada’, a fortnight long farmer engagement pan-India programme, which will conclude on October 31,2021, benefiting a large number of farmers through multiple channels, the Bank said in a release here.
6. Which company is the first digital payments app which is charging users for UPI-based transactions?
B) Clix Housing Finance
Answer: D) PhonePe
- PhonePe, Walmart group’s digital payments firm, started charging processing fees in the range of ₹1 and ₹2 per transaction for mobile recharges which are above ₹50 even if they are done through Unified Payments Interface (UPI), news agency PTI reported.
- PhonePe is the first digital payments app which is charging users for UPI-based transactions which is being offered for free by its competitors like GooglePay and PayTM among others.
- PhonePe is charging processing fees for payments made through credit cards like other players.
- On recharges, we are running a very small-scale experiment where a few users are paying for mobile recharges.
- Recharges below ₹50 are not charged, recharges between ₹50 and ₹100 are charged Re 1 and above ₹100 are charged ₹2.
- Essentially, as a part of the experiment, a majority of users are either not paying anything or paying Re 1.
- Another digital payment platform PayTM streamlined marketing spend from 1.2 times of revenue in FY17, to 0.4 times in FY20, and is currently 0.2 times of revenue in FY21 while growing merchant payments shares across wallets, UPI, PoS and online payments.
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) also placed a cap on the market share for UPI which does not allow any player to have market share above 30%.
- The Bernstein report said the NPCI market share caps will require PhonePe and Google Pay to tone down their customer incentives in order to bring share towards the 30% cap.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 23
7. Who has been re-elected as president of the Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF)?
A) K Madhavan
B) K Varun
C) K Ashok
D) K Karthik
E) K Murali
Answer: A) K Madhavan
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 23
8. Which state has been awarded with Best State Agriculture Leadership Award 2021?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Haryana
- Haryana has been awarded with Best State Agriculture Leadership Award 2021 as a result of the innovations being done in the agriculture sector for the last seven years and implementation of advanced methods in the field of agriculture.
- The award which was conferred by Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar was received by Haryana Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister J P Dalal during 12th Agriculture Leadership Conclave and Leadership Awards 2021 organized by Agriculture Today Group in New Delhi.
9. Which Tiger Conservation Foundation has won the Earth Guardian Award for its efforts in supporting the conservation of tigers and biodiversity?
Answer: E) Parambikulam
- The award was instituted by NatWest Group India (formerly RBS India) at the 11th edition of the NatWest Group Earth Heroes Awards.
- Eight winners were felicitated via a virtual ceremony that was attended by the Chief Guest, Ivonne Higuero, Secretary-General, Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), UN.
10. Who has become the first in the country to receive ‘Indo-American Icon Award-2021’ by the U.S-based International Astrology Federation Inc (IAF)?
A) Pandi Suri
B) Pandu Suri
C) Varun Suri
D) Sudhan Suri
E) Parduman Suri
Answer: E) Parduman Suri
- 24-year-old Parduman Suri, India’s youngest astrologer has become the first in the country to receive ‘Indo-American Icon Award-2021’ by the U.S-based International Astrology Federation Inc (IAF).
- Parduman Suri was awarded by the IAF, which is the world’s reputed international astrology organization, determining his remarkable contribution in the field of astrology predictions, Vastu, and numerology.
- America’s IAF was established with the vision to encourage and promote science and art of Astrology through research, teaching, lecturing, and practice.
- Advocate freedom of thought and speech concerning astrology and develop and promote a correct professional status for Astrology and explore Vedic and Western Astrology across the globe.
- Suri, a reputed name in the field of astrology and a motivational speaker, is the Astrology and Vastu consultant to famous actors, actresses, politicians, and other film personalities.
- Being a student of Law, Suri is also an environmentalist, and that he has got various national and international awards in the field of KP Astrology, Vastu, and numerology.
Awards and recognitions:
- In the last few years, Suri has received many national and international awards.
- Honored with Jyotish Bhushan award by the Governor of Uttrakhand for outstanding service for the propagation of astrology by his excellent writings and lectures by Prakash Pant, former minister of Finance from Uttrakhand, and Madan Kaushik, the former cabinet minister in Uttrakhand.
- Honored with Jyotish Shiromani award in appreciation and recognition of his outstanding service for the propagation of astrology by his excellent writing, lectures at Jaipur in Rajasthan.
- Honored with India’s youngest Astrologer by Lieutenant DP Vats, Rajya Shabha member from Hisar in Haryana.
- Honored with Jyotish Prangan award for his contribution in the field of occult science by the governor of Haryana, Kaptan Singh Solanki in Chandigarh.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 23
11. Tata Power, which IIT to collaborate in clean energy space?
Answer: E) IIT-Delhi
- Tata Power said it has inked a pact with IIT-Delhi to work together on clean energy and other projects that can be transformed from research and development level to pilot stage.
- Tata Power, one of India’s largest private sector integrated utilities, and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate in areas such as smart grid technology, clean energy solutions, a company statement said.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 23
12. India, which country agree to strengthen climate initiatives & further their green partnership?
Answer: C) UK
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 23
13. Which state government has decided to rename the Faizabad railway station as the Ayodhya Cantt railway station?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to rename the Faizabad railway station, a tweet by the office of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said.
- It will be called the Ayodhya Cantt railway station, the tweet said, adding that the decision was taken by the chief minister.
- Earlier in 2018, the Yogi Adityanath government had renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya.
- The BJP government had also changed the name of Allahabad to Prayagraj and Mughalsarai railway junction as Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay junction.
14. The defence ministry has signed a contract with the US government to procure MK 54 torpedo and expendables such as chaff and flares for the Indian Navy’s anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I at a cost of ______?
A) Rs 123 crore
B) Rs 323 crore
C) Rs 423 crore
D) Rs 523 crore
E) Rs 723 crore
Answer: C) Rs 423 crore
- The defence ministry has signed a contract with the US government to procure MK 54 torpedo and expendables such as chaff and flares for the Indian Navy’s anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I at a cost of Rs 423 crore, its spokesperson said.
- The Indian Navy has a total of 11 P-8I aircraft, which are manufactured by US aerospace company Boeing, in its fleet.
- In addition to anti-submarine warfare capabilities, the P-8I aircraft is known for its advance maritime reconnaissance capabilities.
15. Which armed forces conducts Offshore Sailing Regatta from Kochi to Goa?
A) Indian Army
B) Indian Navy
C) Indian Air Force
Answer: B) Indian Navy
- Six Indian Naval Sailing Vessels Mhadei, Tarini, Bulbul, Neelkanth, Kadalpura and Hariyal will participate in the event.
- The race is scheduled to start on 24th of this month for a tentative duration of five days and would cover an approximate distance of 360 nautical miles between the start point at Naval Base, Kochi to Goa.
- The expedition is aimed at fostering the spirit of adventure and ocean sailing for the participating crew.
16. Who inaugurates three days Swarnim Vijay Varsh Conclave in Bengaluru?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Narendra Singh Tomar
C) Rajnath Singh
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: C) Rajnath Singh
17. India handed over ______ long cross-border rail link connecting Jayanagar in Bihar to Kurtha in Nepal to Nepal government?
A) 24.9 km
B) 34.9 km
C) 44.9 km
D) 54.9 km
E) 64.9 km
Answer: B) 34.9 km
- The handing over ceremony took place in the presence of Nepal minister for physical Infrastructure and transport Renu Kumari Yadav and Indian ambassador to Nepal Vinay M. Kwatra.
- The Jaynagar – Kurtha section is part of the 68.7 km Jaynagar – Bijalpura- Bardidas rail link built under the Government of India’s grant assistance programme.
18. Who e-inaugurated the “Jashn-e-Zafraan”, Harvesting Saffron in presence of Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Manoj Sinha
C) Rajnath Singh
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: B) Manoj Sinha
- He said that the recent data of the National Statistical Survey shows that after Meghalaya, Punjab, Haryana and Arunachal Pradesh, the farmers of Jammu and Kashmir have the highest monthly income of 18,918 rupees, way above the national average of 10,218 rupees.
19. “Koozhangal” (“Pebbles”) directed by filmmaker Vinothraj PS has been selected as India’s official entry for the 94th Academy Awards. This movie in which language?
Answer: E) Tamil
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology