Daily Current Affairs October 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 10
1. World Mental Health Day is observed on which date?
A) October 5
B) October 10
C) October 6
D) October 7
E) October 9
Answer: B) October 10
- World Mental Health Day 2021: World Mental Health Day, celebrated every year on October 10, is aimed at raising awareness and spreading education about mental health issues across the globe.
- Mental health has come to focus in pandemic times like never before as people of all age groups and occupations bear the brunt of the ‘new normal’.
- Health and other frontline workers, students, people living alone, and those with pre-existing mental health conditions have been particularly affected.
Theme for this year’s World Mental Health Day:
- The theme of this year’s World Mental Health Day is ‘Mental health in an unequal world’.
- While the pandemic has affected everyone, people with long term health conditions, or facing discrimination or parenting on their own are struggling the most and need more support.
19th World Day Against the Death Penalty:
- Observed every 10 October, the World Day Against the Death Penalty unifies the global abolitionist movement and mobilizes civil society, political leaders, lawyers, public opinion and more to support the call for universal abolition of capital punishment.
- The day encourages and consolidates the political and general awareness of the world-wide movement against the death penalty.
- On 10 October 2021, the World Day will be dedicated to women who risk being sentenced to death, who have received a death sentence, who have been executed, and to those who have had their death sentences commuted, exonerated, or pardoned.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 10
2. Who launches Delhi Hockey Weekend League 2021-22?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Gopal Rai
D) Jyotiraditya Scindia
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: B) Anurag Thakur
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur launched the Delhi Hockey Weekend League 2021-22 which is taking place at the iconic Major Dhyanchand National Stadium.
- The Hockey League, which is being organised by the Sports Authority of India in association with the Delhi Hockey Federation, will have a total of 36 teams competing for the trophy and more teams can also participate in later stages.
- The event starts and over every weekend four matches will be played.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 10
3. Who has been appointed as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court by President of India Ram Nath Kovind?
A) Justice Prem Shrivastava
B) Justice Karthik Shrivastava
C) Justice Vignesh Shrivastava
D) Justice Prabhu Shrivastava
E) Justice Prakash Shrivastava
Answer: E) Justice Prakash Shrivastava
- Justice Prakash Shrivastava, who has been appointed as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court by President of India Ram Nath Kovind in a notification.
- Justice Shrivastava of Madhya Pradesh HC would replace Calcutta HC acting Chief Justice Rajesh Bindal, who has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Allahabad HC.
Centre appoints CJs to eight HCs; transfers five others:
- The Centre appointed Chief Justices (CJ) to eight High Courts and approved the transfer of five other Chief Justices.
- The Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the transfer of the five Chief Justices on September 16.
- Justice Akil Kureshi has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court after transfer from the Tripura High Court where he is currently the CJ. Justice Indrajit Mahanty, who was the CJ of Rajasthan HC has been appointed CJ of Tripura High Court.
- Justice Mohammad Rafiq will be the new Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh HC.
- He is currently serving as the CJ of Madhya Pradesh HC.
- Justice Biswanath Somadder, who is now the CJ of Meghalaya HC, has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Sikkim HC while Justice AK Goswami, who is the CJ of Andhra Pradesh HC, has been appointed CJ of Chhattisgarh High Court.
- The Centre has also appointed Justices Rajesh Bindal as CJ of Allahabad HC, Ranjit V More as CJ of has Meghalaya HC, Satish Chandra Sharma as CJ of Telangana High Court.
- Prakash Srivastava has been appointed CJ of Calcutta High Court, R V Malimath as CJ of Madhya Pradesh HC, Ritu Raj Awasthi as CJ of Karnataka High Court, Aravind Kumar as CJ of Gujarat HC, and Prashant Kumar Mishra as CJ of Andhra Pradesh HC.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 10
4. Which edition of meeting of India-US Defence Policy Group held in Washington?
Answer: A) 16th
- The 16th meeting of the India-US Defence Policy Group (DPG) took place in Washington to review the progress on various defence cooperation issues between the two countries, the defence ministry said.
- During the meeting, both sides shared regional security perspectives and agreed to cooperate ”to work together to promote shared interests in the Indo-Pacific region”, according to a statement issued by the ministry.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 10
5. The Radhanagar beach in which state/UT has retained its Blue Flag certification for the 2021-22 tourist season?
B) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- The Radhanagar beach in South Andaman has retained its Blue Flag certification for the 2021-22 tourist season, an official said.
- Several events were organised by the district administration to raise awareness for keeping the beach clean.
- India has 10 Blue Flag beaches — a global certification given based on 33 parameters.
6. Which state government signed MoUs with three non-governmental organisations (NGOs) for running three new Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS)?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Arunachal Pradesh
- The Arunachal Pradesh government signed memorandums of understanding (MoUs) with three non-governmental organisations (NGOs) for running three new Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS), officials said.
- The schools are being constructed at Nyapin in Kurung Kumey district, Khela in Tirap, and Tirbin in Leparada, and would start functioning from the next academic session, the Education Department officials said.
Over All Review