Daily Current Affairs October 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 05 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 05
1. World Teachers’ Day is observed on which date?
A) October 5
B) October 1
C) October 3
D) October 4
E) October 2
Answer: A) October 5
- More than 100 nations, including India, the United States, Canada, Australia, and the Philippines, mark the day with zeal.
- The day honours teachers all around the world for their important role in their countries’ economic development by providing education that enhances people’s quality of life.
World Teachers’ Day 2021: Theme
- The theme of World Teacher’s Day 2021 is, ‘Teachers at the Heart of Education Recovery.’
- The theme recognises teachers for their tireless efforts to keep teaching even during hardships like COVID-19 Pandemic.
World Teachers’ Day – 5th October
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 05
2. Pro Kabaddi League to commence on Dec 22 in ____?
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Mashal Sports, organisers of Pro Kabaddi League (PKL), announced the return of PKL with Season 8 scheduled to commence from December 22.
- The player auctions for the season were conducted on August 29th – 31st, 2021 in Mumbai.
Pro Kabaddi League – Commence on Dec 22 in Bengaluru.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 05
3. Which small finance bank has launched ‘Supreme’, a Current account product for Non-Resident Indians?
A) A U Small Finance Bank
B) Capital Small Finance Bank
C) ESAF Small Finance Bank
D) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
E) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
Answer: C) ESAF Small Finance Bank
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has launched ‘Supreme’, a Current account product for Non-Resident Indians.
- The bank provides various features with this account, such as hassle-free banking, enhanced ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000 per day in India, Point of Sale (POS) transaction limit of Rs 80,000 per day in India and e-commerce transaction limit of Rs 20,000 per day in India.
- The exclusive service for NRI’s are available at 277 branches across Kerala out of the total 550 branches pan India.
ESAF Small Finance Bank – ‘Supreme’, a Current account product for Non-Resident Indians.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 05
4. Which company has partnered with the Indian Pavilion at the Dubai Expo 2020 and aims to send across 50,000 people to the events there from India?
Answer: D) EaseMyTrip
- Online travel firm EaseMyTrip said it has partnered with the Indian Pavilion at the Dubai Expo 2020 and aims to send across 50,000 people to the events there from India.
- The company has taken on the mandate of promoting Expo 2020 amongst the various spectrums along with FICCI for the next six months, EaseMyTrip said in a regulatory filing.
EaseMyTrip + Indian Pavilion – Dubai Expo 2020.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 05
5. Who has been appointed as the new legislative secretary in the Law Ministry?
A) Jyoti Vasishta
B) Reeta Vasishta
C) Murugu Vasishta
D) Santhi Vasishta
E) Anisha Vasishta
Answer: B) Reeta Vasishta
- Senior Indian Legal Service officer Reeta Vasishta has been appointed as the new legislative secretary in the Law Ministry.
- Vasishta was so far an additional secretary in the Legislative Department of the ministry and she assumed her new responsibility.
Reeta Vasishta – New legislative secretary.
6. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) announced the appointment of Wendy Werner as the new country head for which country?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: D) India
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC) announced the appointment of Wendy Werner as the new country head for India.
- Ms. Werner will be filling in the vacancy of her predecessor Jun Zhang, who retired recently after a long career with the corporation.
- Based in New Delhi, she will focus on growth and diversification of the India portfolio, helping maximise IFC’s impact in the region.
IFC – Wendy Werner as India Country Head.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 05
7. USIBC to present Global Leadership Humanitarian Awards to CEOs of -______?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Only 3
D) Only 1 & 2
E) All of These
Answer: E) All of These
USIBC – Present Global Leadership Humanitarian Awards to CEOs of Microsoft, IBM and Accenture.
8. Who won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Physics for their “groundbreaking contributions to our understanding of complex physical systems”?
1) Syukuro Manabe
2) Klaus Hasselmann
3) Giorgio Parisi
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Only 3
D) Only 1 & 3
E) All of These
Answer: D) All of These
- Scientists Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann, and Giorgio Parisi won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Physics for their “groundbreaking contributions to our understanding of complex physical systems,”
- The prestigious prize is worth 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.15 million). Physics is the second Nobel to be awarded this week after Americans David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian won the prize for medicine on Monday for the discovery of receptors in the skin that sense temperature and touch.
Syukuro Manabe + Klaus Hasselmann + Giorgio Parisi – The 2021 Nobel Prize for Physics for their “groundbreaking contributions to our understanding of complex physical systems”.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 05
9. Which edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) will be held at Pragati Maidan in the national capital from November 14 -27?
Answer: A) 40
- After a year’s gap, the India International Trade Fair (IITF) will be held at Pragati Maidan in the national capital from November 14 -27, with ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ as its theme, the commerce ministry said.
- The India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) organises the mega event, which was first held in 1979.
- The fair was not held last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It was the second time in history that IITF was not organised.
India International Trade Fair 2021 – Nov 14-27 at Pragati Maidan.
10. An Indian Parliamentary Delegation (IPD) led by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to attend which edition of G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit (P20)?
Answer: C) 7
- An Indian Parliamentary Delegation (IPD) led by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will be visiting Rome, Italy from October 7-9 to attend the seventh G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit (P20).
- The Delegation will comprise of Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh, Lok Sabha Secretary General Utpal Kumar Singh and Rajya Sabha Secretary General PPK Ramacharyulu.
- The overall theme of the P20 Summit is “Parliaments for People, Planet and Prosperity”, an official statement said.
Om Birla – Lead Indian Parliamentary delegation to Rome.
11. Emmvee signs MoU with which state Government to set up 3 GW manufacturing facility in Dobaspet?
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Bangalore-based solar module manufacturer Emmvee has signed a MoU with Karnataka government to set up an Rs. 825 crore solar modules and cells manufacturing plant in the state.
- Coming up at Dobaspet, Karnataka, the plant is an addition to the manufacturer’s existing solar modules manufacturing plant of 0.5 GW capacity in Bengaluru district of the state.
- The plant is expected to provide jobs to 736 local youths.
Emmvee + Karnataka Government – Set up 3 GW manufacturing facility in Dobaspet.
12. World’s largest Sustainability Summit ‘ TSS- 2021’ begins in ____?
Answer: E) Hyderabad
- The world’s largest Sustainability Summit, ‘TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) Sustainability Summit 2021(TSS- 2021) organized by TiE Hyderabad Chapter, began here.
- Though it is a virtual summit, the inauguration of the event was held in person at HICC here and the rest of the sessions will be held virtually until October 6.
- As of the inaugural time, it had received a record number of 40,000 registrations from social enterprises across 55 countries and 5 continents.
- Over the three days, it will feature 225 speakers, 65 sessions over six tracks and 200 investors.
- With these magic numbers, it makes it the largest ever TiE event, the largest entrepreneurship conference, and the largest ever gathering of social enterprises in the world.
- This is indeed the greatest platform for entrepreneurs.
- It is the platform where entrepreneurs meet sustainability.
PM inaugurates ‘Azadi@75 – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape’ Conference-cum-Expo in Lucknow:
- Union Ministers Shri Rajnath Singh, Shri Hardeep Puri, Shri Mahendra Nath Pandey, Shri Kaushal Kishore Governor of Uttar Pradesh Smt Anandiben Patel and Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath were present on the occasion.
- The Prime Minister digitally handed over keys of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) houses to 75,000 beneficiaries in 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh and also interacted virtually with beneficiaries of the scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
Hyderabad – World’s largest Sustainability Summit ‘ TSS- 2021’.
13. India’s First Vertical Lift Railway Sea Bridge To Be Ready By 2022. Prime Minister Modi had laid the foundation stone of the bridge in ___?
Answer: E) 2019
- Prime Minister Modi had laid the foundation stone of the bridge in March 2019 and is estimated to be constructed at a cost of Rs 250 crores.
- The existing bridge is 2,058 metres long.
- It has been used for more than a hundred years and was non-operational for the past few years.
- The vertical-lift bridge will be three metres higher than the existing bridge with a navigational air clearance of 22 metres above sea level.
- It will be operated using an electro-mechanical control system which will be interlocked with train control systems.
Health Ministry launches ‘Mental Health Awareness Campaign Week:
- The Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is observing Mental Health Awareness Campaign Week beginning from today and culminating on the World Mental health Day.
10th October is observed globally as the World Mental Health Day to raise awareness on mental health issues and mobilize efforts to support mental health.
2022 – India’s First Vertical Lift Railway Sea Bridge To Be Ready.
Mansukh Mandaviya – UNICEF’s publication ‘The State of the World’s Children 2021’.
14. Who launched a website for Republic Day Celebrations – 2022?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) M. Venkaiah Naidu
C) Mansukh Mandaviya
D) Dr Ajay Kumar
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: D) Dr Ajay Kumar
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar launched a website for Republic Day Celebrations – 2022.
- To showcase the Republic Day Celebrations, which will mark the 75th year of Independence-Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, Ministry of Defence has created a new website: www.indianrdc.mod.gov.in.
- The website includes features like a special RDC Radio, Gallery, Interactive Filters, E-book, Blogs on the Indian Freedom Movement, Wars and War Memorials.
Union Minister Purushottam Rupala inaugurates Ladakh MSME Business Investment & Job Creation Expo-2021:
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Dairy, Poultry and Animal Husbandry Purushottam Rupala has inaugurated a Two day Ladakh Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Business Investment and Job Creation Expo-2021, in Leh.
- Ladakh Autonomous Development Council, Leh CEC Tashi Gyaltson appealed to the MSME Forum to help entrepreneurs with handholding.
- He also asked to open a local window to help the interested youths.
Defence Secretary – Website www.indianrdc.mod.gov.in for Republic Day Celebrations – 2022.
15. Which state becomes first state in India to begin organised cultivation of true dalchini?
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Himachal Pradesh
- Realizing that people in India have been consuming inferior quality cinnamon (dalchini) having serious ill effects on health, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) -Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) has, for the first time, begun organized cultivation of ‘true’ variety of cinnamon plant in the country.
Himachal Pradesh – First state in India to begin organised cultivation of true dalchini.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business and Economy