Daily Current Affairs October 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 04 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 04
1. World Habitat Day is observed on ____?
A) First Tuesday of every October
B) First Monday of every October
C) First Wednesday of every October
D) First Thursday of every October
E) First Friday of every October
Answer: B) First Monday of every October
World Habitat Day:
- World Habitat Day is the UN initiative that is aimed at promoting the basic right to adequate shelter and housing for everyone in a world which is densely populated, and has been affected by the impact of urbanisation.
- It is observed on the first Monday of every October, annually.
- This year the event falls on October 4.
- The theme for World Habitat Day 2021 is ‘Accelerating urban action for a carbon-free world’.
World Space Week:
- World Space Week is dedicated to the celebration of scientific and technological advancement On October 4 to 10.
- The theme for World Space week 2021 is ‘Women in Space’.
- This week helps build the workforce of tomorrow by inspiring students.
Wildlife Week 2021:
- Wildlife Week is annually celebrated across India between 2nd to 8th October with an aim to protect and preserve the flora and fauna of India.
- The first Wildlife Week was observed in 1957.
- The Wildlife Week 2021 is celebrated from 2nd October to 8th October 2021.
- Wildlife Week 2021 marks the 67th Wildlife Week which is celebrated under the theme “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 04
2. Which Bank and Indian Navy launched SBI’s NAV-eCash card onboard the country’s largest naval aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) State Bank of India
D) Federal Bank
E) YES Bank
Answer: C) State Bank of India
- State Bank of India and Indian Navy launched SBI’s NAV-eCash card onboard the country’s largest naval aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
- The card will obviate the difficulties faced by personnel onboard in handling physical cash during deployment of the ship at high seas, the bank said in a release.
3. Which bank has successfully executed a blockchain-enabled live trade finance transaction between ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India and UAE’s Universal Tube and Plastic Industries?
A) Bank of India
B) DBS Bank
C) SBM Bank
E) Indian Bank
Answer: D) HSBC
- Foreign lender HSBC said it has successfully executed a blockchain-enabled live trade finance transaction between ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India and UAE’s Universal Tube and Plastic Industries.
- Benefits of executing such a transaction include enhancing transparency and security for all parties, and reducing document negotiation cycle time to around one day from a week, it said.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 04
4. Who is appointed as President of Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA)?
A) Varun Mehta
B) Samir Mehta
C) Santhi Mehta
D) Kani Mehta
E) Chandra Mehta
Answer: B) Samir Mehta
- Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA) announced the appointments of Torrent Group Chairman Samir Mehta as its president and Cipla Executive Vice Chairperson Samina Hamied as vice president for 2021-2023.
5. CoinDCX ropes in _______ as its brand ambassador to raise crypto awareness?
A) Shahrukh Khan
B) Salman Khan
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Aamir Khan
E) Arjun Rampal
Answer: C) Amitabh Bachchan
Amrutanjan Healthcare ropes in Mirabai Chanu, Bajrang Punia as brand ambassadors:
- Amrutanjan Healthcare said it has signed the Tokyo Olympic weightlifting Silver medalist Mirabai Chanu and wrestling Bronze medalist Bajrang Punia as brand ambassadors for products in its pain management range.
- Chanu and Punia will endorse the company’s portfolio of advanced body pain management products, which includes Back Pain Roll-On, Joint Muscle Spray, and Pain Patch, Amrutanjan Healthcare said.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 04
6. David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Medicine for discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch that could pave the way for new painkillers. They are related to which country?
Answer: A) USA
- American scientists David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Medicine for discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch that could pave the way for new painkillers, the award-giving body said.
- The more than century-old prize is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and is worth 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.15 million).
- The prestigious prizes, for achievements in science, literature and peace, were created and funded in the will of Swedish dynamite inventor and businessman Alfred Nobel.
7. Which organisation has received the 2021 Right Livelihood Award for its “grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment.”?
Answer: A) LIFE
- Delhi-based environmental organisation Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE) has received the 2021 Right Livelihood Award for its “grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment.”
8. Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) sponsored by ______ has bagged two awards from Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) for significant enrolment under Atal Pension Yojana (APY)?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) State Bank of India
D) Canara Bank
E) YES Bank
Answer: D) Canara Bank
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 04
9. India and which country began a 12-day mega military exercise with a focus on enhancing counter-terror cooperation at the Combat Training School in the island nation’s eastern district of Ampara?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: E) Sri Lanka
- The eighth edition of the ‘Mitra Shakti’ exercise from October 4 to 15 got underway with the participation of an all arms contingent of 120 Indian Army personnel, headed by Colonel Prakash Kumar, the Sri Lanka Army said.
- The joint military exercise has been designed to enhance understanding of transnational terrorism, inter-operability skills, the conduct of joint tactical operations, sharing of each other’s best practices and experiences, it said.
10. Which country had successfully test launched a Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile from a submarine for the first time?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: C) Russia
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 04
11. Which state launched a face recognition software to help police personnel in their investigations and track the criminals?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin launched a face recognition software to help police personnel in their investigations and track the criminals.
- The software will help in comparing photos of suspects with a data resource of over 5.30 lakh photos uploaded in the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS).
- The software is expected to track down accused persons, suspects, missing persons and unidentified corpses with data from the CCTNS, an official release said.
12. Who launched ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East (i-Drone) with a view to ensure last-mile delivery of vaccines?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Mansukh Mandaviya
D) Parshottam Rupala
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: C) Mansukh Mandaviya
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya launched ICMR’s Drone Response and Outreach in North East (i-Drone) with a view to ensure last-mile delivery of vaccines.
- This is a delivery model to make sure that life-saving vaccines reach everyone.
13. Which ministry promulgates Electricity Rules 2021 to regulate Transmission System Planning, Development and Recovery of Inter-State Transmission Charges?
A) Home Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) Health Ministry
D) Power Ministry
E) Defence Ministry
Answer: D) Power Ministry
- At present, generating companies apply for long-term access based on their supply tie-ups, while medium-term and short-term transmission access is acquired within the available margins.
- Based on Long Term Access application, incremental transmission capacity is added.
- A number of sector developments, such as the increasing focus on renewable energy, and the development of the market mechanism, necessitated a review of the existing transmission planning framework based on LTA.
14. Govt extends Credit Guarantee Scheme for Subordinate Debt upto _____?
A) 31st of March 2021
B) 31st of March 2023
C) 31st of March 2024
D) 31st of March 2025
E) 31st of March 2022
Answer: E) 31st of March 2022
- Government has extended the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Subordinate Debt upto 31st of March next year.
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises said, the government had announced creation of Distressed Assets Fund – Subordinate Debt for Stressed MSMEs’ on 13th May last year under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Package.
- The scheme was launched to provide credit facility through lending institutions to the promoters of stressed Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance