Daily Current Affairs November 06
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 06. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 06
1. International Day for Preventing Exploitation of Environment in War and Armed Conflict is observed on which date?
A) November 1
B) November 2
C) November 3
D) November 6
E) November 5
Answer: D) November 6
- United Nations General Assembly in 2001 declared November 6 as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict and the day is observed annually on November 6 across the world.
- The day aims to educate people about what effects do war and armed conflict have on the environment.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs November 06
2. India’s Manu Bhaker and which country Javad Foroughi won the 10m air pistol mixed team gold at the inaugural ISSF President’s Cup?
A) New Zealand
Answer: E) Iran
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs November 06
3. Tarak Sinha passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: B) Cricket
- Legendary cricket coach Tarak Sinha passed away here due to cancer. He was 71 and was battling lung cancer for a while.
- Sinha’s celebrated disciples are Rishabh Pant, Ashish Nehra, Sanjeev Sharma, Aakash Chopra, Shikhar Dhawan, Anjum Chopra, Surender Khanna, Randhir Singh, Raman Lamba, Manoj Prabhakar, Ajay Sharma, K.P. Bhaskar and Atul Wassan.
- He was bestowed with Dronacharya Award in 2018 and became the fifth Indian cricket coach after Desh Prem Azad, Gurcharan Singh, Ramakant Achrekar and Sunita Sharma to receive the prestigious award.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs November 06
4. Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns – An Imperfect, Yet Honest Reflections on the Indian Tax Landscape is authored by whom?
A) Ashok Chakravarti
B) Alka Joshi
C) Aseem Chawla
D) VK Anil Kumar
E) Dr Mukesh Batra
Answer: C) Aseem Chawla
- The book unveiled by Mr. Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, Hon’ble Judge, Supreme Court of India, along with Mr. Justice Vipin Sanghi, Hon’ble Judge, Delhi High Court New Delhi, Delhi, India (NewsVoir) India’s leading tax lawyer and well known international tax & policy expert, Mr. Aseem Chawla today announced the release of his new book – ‘Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns – Imperfect, Yet Honest Reflections on the Indian Tax Landscape’.
- The book, which has been published by Matrix Publishers, provides in-depth analysis of key recent milestones/landmark events, which have influenced Indian tax landscape, in particular, over the last decade or so.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 06
5. Morinari Watanabe was re-elected to a new three-year term as president of the International Gymnastics Federation. He was related to which country?
E) The Philippines
Answer: C) Japan
- Watanabe, from Japan, won the vote 81 to 47 against Farid Gayibov of Azerbaijan at a conference in Turkey, the federation said.
- Watanabe has a background in business and was first elected FIG president in 2016 for a four-year term.
- His new term is three years so the next elections coincide with the 2024 Olympics in Paris.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 06
6. Who won Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2020 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
1) Priyanka Mohite
2) Amit Bisht
3) Servesh Dhadwal
A) Only 1 & 3
B) Only 1
C) Only 2
D) Only 3
E) All of these
Answer: E) All of these
- Indian Army’s Lieutenant Colonel Servesh Dhadwal and Colonel Amit Bisht have been awarded the Tenzing Norgay National Award 2020.
- Dhadwal has been awarded for his skydiving activities
- Indian Army officer Colonel Amit Bisht, Sena Medal was awarded for his land activities.
- Bisht is posted as Principal in Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttrakhand.
- The officer has scaled more than 20 unscaled and unnamed technical difficult peaks in India and abroad.
- Recently he also scaled Mount Everest.
- Indian Army officer Lieutenant Colonel Servesh Dhadwal was awarded in 2020 for his achievements in the field of skydiving.
- The ace skydiving instructor was also a member of the top-secret intelligence unit Technical Support Division which was formed after the 26/11 attacks on Mumbai.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs November 06
7. Which country successfully launched three new remote sensing satellites from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in the country’s southwestern Sichuan province?
A) New Zealand
Answer: C) China
- China successfully launched three new remote sensing satellites from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in the country’s southwestern Sichuan province.
- The satellites, belonging to the Yaogan-35 family, were launched by a Long March-2D carrier rocket and entered the planned orbit successfully, according to the Xinhua news agency.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 06
8. Which country became the first country in the world to approve a potentially game-changing COVID-19 antiviral pill jointly developed by Merck & Co Inc (MRK.N) and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics?
A) New Zealand
Answer: C) UK
- Britain became the first country in the world to approve a potentially game-changing COVID-19 antiviral pill jointly developed by U.S.-based Merck & Co Inc (MRK.N) and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, in a boost to the fight against the pandemic
- Britain’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) recommended the drug, molnupiravir, for use in people with mild to moderate COVID-19 and at least one risk factor for developing severe illness, such as obesity, older age diabetes, and heart disease.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 06
9. Who co-chairs third India-Senegal Joint Commission Meeting?
A) V Muraleedharan
B) Piyush Goyal
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) Ashwini Vaishnaw
Answer: A) V Muraleedharan
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs Shri V Muraleedharan paid an official visit to the Republic of Senegal to co-chair the third India-Senegal Joint Commission Meeting (JCM), held on November 4 and Navember 5, in Dakar, said Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- According to a press release issued by the MEA, MoS called on President of the Republic of Senegal Macky Sall where the President expressed his desire to continue to engage with India to achieve the full potential.
Gambia visit: MoS releases design of commemorative stamp marking 75 years of India’s independence:
- Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan during his three-day visit to The Gambia announced the repurposing of a US$ 500,000 grant for procuring dialysis machines for the West African nation and also released the design of a commemorative stamp marking 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The Minister’s November 1-3 visit was as a follow-up to the first-ever state visit by President Ram Nath Kovind to The Gambia in 2019.
10. Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) has launched a soft loan scheme exclusively for women start-ups, offering up to _____ as working capital?
A) Rs 25 lakh
B) Rs 35 lakh
C) Rs 45 lakh
D) Rs 55 lakh
E) Rs 15 lakh
Answer: E) Rs 15 lakh
- Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) has launched a soft loan scheme exclusively for women start-ups, offering up to Rs 15 lakh as working capital, for implementing works and projects received from the government departments and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in the state.
- The beneficiaries will be eligible for a loan amount of up to of 80 percent of the purchase order, which will be disbursed as advance against the milestone payment agreed by the client, a release said here.
- The loan, which carries six percent interest, has to be repaid within one year or on completion of project with full settlement, whichever is earlier.
- The seed revolving loan has an upper limit of Rs 10 lakh and a moratorium of one year.
- It offers repayment of 24 EMIs up to Rs 5 lakh and 36 EMIs for above Rs 5 lakh.
- Unlike the grant scheme, startups can apply for the loan schemes at any time. To apply, visit: www.startupmission.kerala.gov.in.
- For more details, contact: 8047180470.
- KSUM is the nodal agency of the government for entrepreneurship development and incubation activities in the state.
11. Which state Cabinet approves creation of Eastern West Khasi Hills as 12th district?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Meghalaya
- The Meghalaya Cabinet gave formal approval to the creation of Eastern West Khasi Hills as the State’s 12 district, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said.
- He said the Mairang Civil Sub Division will be the district headquarters of Eastern West Khasi Hills district.
- Chief Minister Conrad Sangma will inaugurate the new district on November 10.
12. India’s First Open-Air, Rooftop Drive-in Theatre Opens In which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- India’s first open-air theatre will open in Mumbai and will showcase the film Sooryavanshi featuring Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn, and Katrina Kaif in the lead role. Reliance announced the launch of its first rooftop theatre, which will be known as ‘Jio Drive-In’.
- Situated in Jio World Drive, the recently launched retail precinct spread across 17.5 acres in Mumbai’s commercial hub Bandra Kurla Complex.
- The drive-in theatre can accommodate around 290 cars.
13. Tokhu Emong festival is celebrated in which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Nagaland
- Tokhu Emong, the post-harvest festival of the Lotha Nagas is being celebrated across Nagaland.
- The festival starts every year on November 7 and lasts for 9 days.
- The festival is celebrated with lots of enthusiasm and fun as this festival brings the time to rejoice the fruit of hard work with the end of labor period of harvesting.
- The Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio has greeted the Lotha community on the occasion.
Over All Review
Books and Authors
Science and Technology