Daily Current Affairs May 07
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 07. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 07| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 07
1. World Athletics Day is celebrated on?
A) May 07
B) May 04
C) May 05
D) May 03
E) May 02
Answer: A) May 07
- In a bid to encourage sports activities throughout the world, May 7 is celebrated annually as World Athletics Day.
- Introduced in 1996 by IAAF president Primo Nebiolo, the day aims to spread awareness among the youth about athletics.
- It was also introduced as a social responsibility project titled ‘Athletic for a better world’ by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
- IAAF was founded on July 17, 1912, in Sweden’s Stockholm.
2. BRO celebrates its ____ raising day on 7th May?
Answer: E) 62nd
- Border Roads Organisation or BRO is celebrating its Raising Day on May 07.
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) was founded on 7th May 1960.
- BRO, a leader in the arena of infrastructural development in the border areas of the country is celebrating its 62 years of glorious service to the nation.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 07
3. Ashwath Kaushik wins gold in world cadet rapid chess in which event?
Answer: C) U8
- Six-year-old Indian Ashwath Kaushik emerged champion in the Open under-8 category in the World Cadets and Youth Championships, Rhodes, Greece.
- On the way to his triumph, Kaushik beat top seeds Modith Aaroh Mutyalapati (ELO 1598) of Canada and Raghav Pathak (ELO 1355) of the Netherlands.
- Kaushik’s compatriot Safin Safarullakhan finished fifth.
- Another Indian, Vihan Anupam Agarwal took the 15th spot.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 07
4. Which of the following Bank unveiled digital broking solution?
A) Canara Bank
B) Indian Bank
D) Punjab National Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: B) Indian Bank
- Public sector Indian Bank has unveiled a digital broking solution E-Broking allowing customers to open a Demat and trading account facility, in line with the digitalization mission of the bank.
- The launch of the digital broking solution ‘E-Broking’ was a strategic step towards a complete digitalization of its offerings to customers.
- E-Broking, an instant and paper-less Demat and trading account opening is integrated into the bank’s mobile banking application.
- Indonesia, the bank’s mobile banking application, would offer customers, a seamless experience from Demat and trading account opening to discounted broking services backed by research-based investment in the secondary market starting from equity, futures, options, and initial public offerings in a single platform.
5. RBI imposed how many lakhs penalty on Daimler Financial Services India?
A) Rs 10 lakh
B) Rs 7 lakh
C) Rs 6 lakh
D) Rs 5 lakh
E) Rs 4 lakh
Answer: D) Rs 5 lakh
- The RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 5 lakh each on Daimler Financial Services India and KKR India Financial Services for non-compliance with directions related to ‘monitoring of frauds in NBFCs’.
- The central bank conducted statutory inspection of the two companies with reference to their financial position as on March 31, 2020.
- The penalties were imposed after considering their replies to its notices, oral submissions made in the personal hearing and examination of additional submissions made by them.
- The RBI, however, added that the penalties are based on the deficiencies in regulatory compliance and not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by them with their customers.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 07
6. Unemployment rate at how many percent in Oct-Dec 2021: NSO survey?
Answer: C) 8.7%
- The unemployment rate for persons of 15 years and above in urban areas slipped to 8.7 per cent in October-December 2021 from 10.3 per cent in the year-ago quarter, showed a periodic labour force survey by the National Statistical Office (NSO).
- Joblessness or unemployment rate (UR) is defined as the percentage of unemployed persons in the labour force.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 07
7. Pawanhans handover to Star9 Mobility will be completed by which month?
Answer: A) June
- The handover of loss-making helicopter service provider Pawan Hans to Star9 Mobility Pvt Ltd is likely to get over by June.
- Last month, the government approved selling its 51 per cent stake in helicopter services provider Pawan Hans Ltd (PHL) along with the transfer of management control for Rs 211.14 crore to Star9 Mobility Private Ltd.
- The networth of the consortium which bid for Pawan Hans was Rs 691 crore against the requirement of Rs 300 crore mandated by the government.
- PHL is a 51:49 joint venture of the government and ONGC.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 07
8. SudarshanVenu takes over as Managing Director of which of the following company?
A) Royal Enfield
Answer: E) TVS
- Sudarshan Venu, son of Venu Srinivasan, took over as the Managing Director of TVS Motor Company.
- Before his elevation to the new position, SudarshanVenu was the Joint Managing Director of TVS Motor Company.
- Sudarshan has played a pivotal role in the company’s growth in India and key international markets, including Asia, Africa, and more recently in Europe.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 07
9. SpaceX launches another batch of how many Starlink satellites to orbit?
Answer: D) 53
- SpaceX has launched yet another batch of Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit.
- The Falcon 9 booster carrying 53 Starlink satellites from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- According to the company, this was the 12th flight for the Falcon 9 first stage booster supporting this mission, which previously launched Crew Demo-2, ANASIS-II, CRS-21, Transporter-1, Transporter-3, and now seven Starlink missions.
10. Which of the following Ministry joined hands with ISRO, launches ISRO Technical Training Programme?
A) Defence Ministry
B) Skill Ministry
C) Health Ministry
D) Agriculture Ministry
E) Foreign Ministry
Answer: B) Skill Ministry
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to launch ISRO Technical Training Programme.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Rajesh Aggarwal, secretary, MSDE and S Somanath, secretary, Department of Space and chairman ISRO.
- Under the programme, more than 4000 ISRO technical employees would be trained over the course of the next five years.
- The programme is aimed at creating a formal framework for short-term courses to provide training for the skill development and capacity building of the technical staff of ISRO as per the industry requirements, in the space domain in the country.
- The training would be imparted at the National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI) under MSDE located across India.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 07
11. Who among the following will attend a summit for ASEAN leaders?
A) Abdul Hamid
B) Xi Jinping
C) Joe Bidin
D) Vladimir Putin
E) Boris Johnson
Answer: C) Joe Bidin
- White House press secretary Jen Psaki said President Joe Biden will attend a summit for leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) at the U.S. State Department.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 07
12. Who among the following and FMC inked MoU for long-term research?
Answer: A) TNAU
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) and FMC India, Mumbai, have entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for collaboration on research and science Leaders scholarship program.
- TNAU would join hands with FMC for conducting basic and applied research on field evaluation studies, among others, for new pesticides, herbicides and bio-rational molecules for three years.
- Under the scholarship program, FMC sponsors fellowship for one postgraduate and one doctoral student of TNAU.
13. Khattar cabinet approved Haryana Aerospace and Defence Production Policy 2022 will provide employement opportunities to how many people in 5 year?
Answer: E) 25,000
- The Haryana government accorded approval to its aerospace and defence production policy to spur industrial growth in the sector and place emphasis on creation of an end-to-end ecosystem.
- The Haryana Aerospace and Defence Production Policy, 2022, aims at attracting investments of at least 1 billion USD and provide employment opportunities to around 25,000 people in five years.
- Besides, the policy will help position the state as the country’s leading aerospace and defence manufacturing hub.
- Setting up Aerospace and Defence University is also mooted, after the decision by the state cabinet, which met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
14. Who among the following signed MoU with BachpanBachaoAndolan to prevent child trafficking?
A) National Security Guard
B) Assam Rifles
Answer: D) RPF
- The Railway Protection Force (RPF) and the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF) signed an agreement to battle human trafficking in trains.
- The two bodies will also work together to increase sensitisation, create awareness, and help each other in identification and detection of cases of human trafficking.
- A joint action by both stakeholder will definitely enhance the scale, reach, and effectiveness of ‘Operation AAHT’ (Action against Human Trafficking) launched by RPF across the nation.
15. Which of the following state govt extended insurance coverage to handloom & power loom weavers under ‘NethannaBima’ scheme?
C) Andra Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Telangana
- Telangana state Government has announced extension of insurance coverage to handloom and power loom weavers under ‘NethannaBima’ (Weaver’s Insurance) Scheme.
- The State Government has issued orders to extend insurance coverage of 5 lakh rupees for weavers under the Insurance Scheme on par with Farmers insurance scheme.
- Over 29 crore rupees have been sanctioned for implementing the scheme during the current year.
- The Cabinet Sub Committee had proposed to cover over 55 thousand handloom and power loom and ancillary weavers in the State.
- The insurance coverage will be extended to weavers in the age group of 18 to 59 years.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology