Daily Current Affairs March 18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 18 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 18
1. International Adolescent Health Week to be celebrated from March 20 to 26:
- The International Adolescent Health Week will be celebrated from 20th to 26th March is being launched on the 17th of March.
- It is an annual international week of dynamic participatory events to inspire health care providers, policy makers, administrators, media and adolescents and their communities to advocate for a successful transition into adulthood.
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics’ Adolescent Health Academy is coordinating the national celebrations of International Adolescent Health Week.
- The theme this year is “Transitions” – Transition is a natural development process.
- The goal to increase recognition of the unique health issues of adolescents, and to promote engagement of adolescents in their own health decisions.
- Adolescence is a period of most dramatic changes in physical and mental health.
- The weight, and height increase, secondary sexual characters appear, and the process of thinking changes from concrete to abstract thinking.
- Dependence on parents reduce to independent living.
- There is a need to provide adolescents a safe and clean environment at home, school and work place.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 18
2. Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar wins men’s Air Rifle T2 trial:
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar won gold in the men’s 10m Air Rifle T2 event at the ongoing National Shooting trials.
- Tomar, who had earlier won silver in the men’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions (3P) T1 trial, overcame fellow Olympian and Air Force man Deepak Kumar 17-11, in a keenly contested gold medal match.
- Senior shooter Kumar shot 631.6 to finish third in qualifications, while Tomar was a spot behind with score of 629.9.
- They met again in the four-man bronze medal round after coming through their semi-finals, where Deepak again topped the table with 42.5 to Tomar’s 40.5, setting up the gold medal clash where the latter turned the tables on the former.
- Maddineni Umamahesh of Andhra also making it to the final stages of the senior event as well as winning the junior men’s 10m Air Rifle T2 trials with a 17-9 win over Madhya Pradesh’s Avinash Yadav.
- Indian teams for the upcoming World Cup in Baku and Junior World Cup in Suhl will be selected on the basis of these trials.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 18
3. Kotak Mahindra Bank signs MoU with Business France:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Business France, the French national agency in charge of the development of exports and international investments in France, to support companies in the Indo-French corridor.
- Business France fosters export growth by French businesses, facilitating international investment in France.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank will be the first Indian bank to have signed a MoU with Business France.
- This tie-up will bolster relationships between India and France by interconnecting the ecosystems of both countries to create most favourable conditions, for increased reciprocal business opportunities.
- The MoU will try to promote business and start-up ecosystem cooperation and identify business and investment opportunities in India and France.
- Through this, Kotak Mahindra Bank will be amongst Business France’s privileged Indian banking partner for French companies and business France will accompany Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Indian clients in their entry in France.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 18
4. RBI gives 3-month extension to RBL Bank’s interim MD & CEO:
- Reserve Bank of India has approved the extension of Rajeev Ahuja as the interim MD and CEO of Private sector RBL Bank for three more months.
- Last year in December, in a sudden turn of events, the board of the bank had sent MD and CEO Vishwavir Ahuja on leave and elevated Rajeev Ahuja as the interim chief to take care of the day-to-day operations.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 18
5. India extends USD 1 billion line of credit to Sri Lanka:
- India announced a USD 1 billion line of credit to Sri Lanka as part of its financial assistance to help the island nation deal with its economic crisis.
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi stated that India has always stood with the people of Sri Lanka and will continue to extend all possible support to the country and for importing food, medicines and other essential items.
- Sri Lankan Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa witnessed the signing of the agreement with the External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman for the USD 1 billion line of credit being extended through the State Bank of India (SBI).
- The USD 1 billion loan facility, which formed the key component of the four-pillar economic cooperation arrangement agreed between India and Sri Lanka.
- The two sides agreed to set up a framework for short, medium and long-term economic cooperation between the two countries aimed at addressing Sri Lanka’s present economic challenges.
- Rajapaksa met Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy Raj Kumar Singh and discussed ways and means to further deepen and broaden bilateral cooperation in the power and renewable energy sector.
6. 2nd India-Australia virtual summit: Morrison and PM Modi to discuss trade ties:
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and PM Modi will hold the 2nd India-Australia virtual summit on March 21.
- The two leaders are discuss about trade and investment opportunities in both countries and a range of regional and multilateral issues, including the situation in Ukraine and its implications for the Indo-Pacific and Myanmar.
- India-Australia’s comprehensive strategic partnership has maintained the momentum of an upward trajectory with both countries continuing to collaborate closely despite the COVID-19 pandemic in areas such as science and technology, cyber defence, critical and strategic minerals, water resources management as well as public administration and governance.
7. 14th India-Japan summit: Japanese PM Fumio Kishida to visit India:
- Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida will pay a two-day visit to India to hold the 14th India-Japan summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- At the invitation of PM Modi, Japanese PM Fumio Kishida will be undertaking an official visit to New Delhi.
- The summit will provide an opportunity for both sides to review and further strengthen bilateral ties.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 18
8. Visakhapatnam railway station to implement Centre’s ‘One Station, One Product’:
- The Vishakapatnam station would be the first station in the East Coast Railway to implement the “One Station One Product” concept, informed the Railway Board.
- The Central government announced “One Station One Product” in the recent budget.
- It is being located to the famous Etikoppaka lacquer ware toy manufacturing village.
- The railway station will act as a marketing channel and allot a stall where the local product, distinct to the particular area, will be sold.
- Railway Board has advised identifying one station on each zonal railway for the implementation of the concept, initially as a pilot project for a period of 15 days.
- Temporary stalls would be erected at the station for sale and showcasing the handicraft and the interested parties may submit their applications to the Senior Divisional Commercial Manager.
- The identification of craftsmen & craftswomen would be done through local self-help groups (SHG), NGOs, and co-operative societies that are dealing with the identified products.
9. International Surajkund Crafts Mela begins this Saturday after 2 year gap:
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced that the Surajkund International Craft Mela will start from March 19 and will last till April 4.
- Artists from 20 countries will take part in the fair.
- E-Ticketing will be provided this time.
- Jammu and Kashmir will be the ‘partner state’ and Uzbekistan will be the ‘partner country’ in the 35th edition of the annual fair this year.
- The Mela is organized annually in Faridabad by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
- In 2013, the fair was upgraded to an international level and the last edition was held in 2020, before the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.
10. NCRTC unveils coaches of India’s first rapid rail for Delhi-Meerut corridor:
- The National Capital Regional Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has unveiled the coaches of India’s first rapid rail for the Delhi – Meerut corridor.
- The Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) train will run on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor and cover a distance of 82 km in just 55 minutes.
- The new RRTS train is a completely new design of train designed to provide a good travelling experience for passengers.
- The RRTS train will be the first in the country to have a business or ‘premium’ coach on a regional corridor.
- The train will be capable of accommodating 1500 passengers at once.
- The train has been designed to have a setting resembling the one on an aircraft.
- The coaches will be featured with wide standing space, CCTV cameras, sockets for laptop and mobile charging, dynamic route maps, auto control ambient lighting system and heating ventilation and air conditioning system.
11. Tripura govt presents Rs 26,893 cr tax-free budget:
- In Tripura, Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma also holds the finance portfolio and presented a tax-free budget for 2022-23 with the total allocation of Rs. 26,893 crore and it was addressed by the Governor Satyadeo Narain Arya.
- The budget deficit is projected at Rs 569.52 crore.
- The budget has laid more focus on education and health sectors.
- Budgetary allocation for the education sector has been proposed at Rs. 5,026 crore, with an increase of 20.66% over 2021-22.
- For the health sector, allocation has been fixed at Rs. 1,777 crore, an increase by 23% over the budget estimate of the current fiscal.
- State Finance Minister Shri Dev Varma announced the Suvarna Jayanti Tripura Nirman Yojana for infrastructure and development projects with an outlay of Rs. 1000 crore, is to mark the 50 years celebration of statehood this year.
- The state government will set up Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute in the state at a cost of Rs. 5.76 crore.
- The GSDP is estimated to grow at 12.16% in 2021-22, with a projection to grow at 13.28% in the next fiscal.
- The budget has proposed an allocation of Rs. 100 crore for a new scheme, Tripura Industrial Investment Promotion scheme.
- For new schemes of Tripura Government health scheme and Tripura Startup Fund, allocations of Rs. 20 crore and Rs. 15 crore respectively have been allocated.
- The monthly social pension has also been proposed to increase from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000 with an allocation of Rs. 645 crore.
- For the Mahila Shashaktikaran Abhiyan, Rs. 50 crore has been allocated.
- For the benefit of the tea garden workers’ families to access proper education and health care facilities, Rs. 50 crore has been earmarked in the budget estimate.
- The retirement age of Tripura State Rifles personnel will be increased to 60 years and ration money to be increased to Rs. 1000 from Rs. 800.