Daily Current Affairs March 13
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 13. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 13
1. Mehuli Ghosh wins women’s 10m air rifle gold in National T2 trials:
- Mehuli Ghosh of West Bengal beat Karnataka’s Tilottama Sen 17-9 to win gold in the women’s 10m air rifle National T2 trials.
- Mehuli, a Youth Olympics silver medallist, had finished second in the T1 trials.
Tilottama, however, won the junior women’s 10m air rifle T2 trial.
- She also finished second in the youth T2 competition, for a profitable three-medal day.
- The men’s 50m rifle 3 positions (3P) T1 and T2 trials were also completed.
- Niraj Kumar of the Indian Navy got the better of Madhya Pradesh’s Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar by a margin of 17-5 in the T1 gold medal match-up, while the seasoned Army marksman Chain Singh beat the Railways’ Swapnil Suresh Kusale 17-9 to win the T2 trials.
- Over 3300 shooters are participating in the year’s first National trials.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 13
2. AAP leader Bhagwant Mann to be sworn-in as Punjab CM on 16th March:
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Bhagwant Mann will be sworn in as the chief minister of Punjab on the 16th of this month.
- The oath-taking ceremony will be held in Khatkar Kalan village in Nawanshahr district, the ancestral village of iconic freedom fighter Bhagat Singh.
- The party’s national convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal are invited attend the oath-taking ceremony.
- Aam Aadmi Party has intensified the preparations for government formation in Punjab after a landslide victory in the Assembly elections.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 13
3. Amit Shah inaugurates various schemes of Sumul dairy in Surat:
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various schemes of Surat District Co-operative Milk Producers Union Limited (Sumul Dairy) in Surat.
- Shah also lauded the administrative reforms carried out by Gujarat, saying that the state was the first to computerise police stations and employ technology in the recruitment of the police services.
4. Tamil Nadu to host international toilet expo on April 2 and 3:
- Chennai will host an international festival called the toilet festival on April 2 and 3 to create awareness on toilets and to study their working structure.
- The event will be conducted by Recycle Bin and Cheer team in collaboration with the Greater Chennai Corporation, Dutch ministry, International Institute for Infrastructural Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering (IHE Delft, Netherlands), and Dot product solutions LLP.
- The toilet festival will comprise of mapping of toilets, toilet fellowship, toilet festivals, and toilet expo.
- The toilet mapathon and will be done through an android app called, “Kakkoos App” across 15 zones that come under the Greater Chennai Corporation.
- Mapathon volunteers will collect the ground data about the number of public toilets and their qualitative aspects.
5. Ministry of Textiles organizes International Conference on Technical Textiles:
- The Ministry of Textiles in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industries organized an International Conference on Technical Textiles with the theme “Creating the Winning Leap in Technical Textiles”.
- A technical textile has enormous scope to grow and capture the global market with the backing of National Technical Textiles Mission, Production Linked Incentive Scheme and PM MITRA schemes.
- On this occasion, Highlighting the importance of technical textiles, it is the right time to maximize investment, employment and women’s participation in the textile industry.
6. MCL becomes country’s largest coal producer:
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) has crossed 157 Million Tonne (MT) in coal production, surpassing the previous high achieved by every other company in the sector, to become the country’s leading producer of the black gold.
- The company produced 7.62 Lakh Tonne of dry fuel which is the highest in a day during the current financial year, reaching 157.7 MT with a growth of around 16 percent over the last financial year.
- MCL has to play a bigger role in ensuring energy security to the nation.
- Surpassing all previous records, MCL has despatched over 166 MT dry fuel to the consumers, registering 22 percent growth over the previous financial year while it has also removed 195 MCuM (million cubic meters) of Over Burden registering 19 percent growth over the last financial year.
7. Unani Day 2022 celebrations and international conference on Unani medicine inaugurated in Srinagar:
- Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), Ministry of Ayush, Government of India inaugurated Unani Day 2022 celebrations and two day International Conference on Unani Medicine at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) in Srinagar in a hybrid mode.
- The theme of the two-day international conference is “Diet and Nutrition in Unani Medicine for Good Health & Well-being”.
- Union Minister for Ayush, Ports, Shipping & Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the Conference.
- World Health Organization (WHO) has decided to establish Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in India which would provide a great opportunity for researchers and students to lead the world in Traditional Medicine.
- Unani Day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Hakim Ajmal Khan which is very significant because it is due to the contributions made by him and many other scholars that we inherited this comprehensive medical system.
8. Delhi launches portal to buy, register EV; customers to get additional relief:
- An online portal ‘My EV’ has been launched by the Delhi government to purchase and register electric autos in the city.
- The government will provide 5% interest subvention on the purchase of e-autos on loans under the Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy.
- The interest rate subvention provided on electric autos will provide an additional incentive of ₹25,000 over the purchase incentive of ₹30,000.
- The ‘My EV Portal’ is an online portal which will enable the Letter of Intent (LoI) holders to purchase e-autos and claim the incentives provided by the Delhi government.
- A total of 4,261 LOIs for e-autos are being given with a 33 per cent reservation for women.
- The online portal has been made accessible to all users on the website of the transport department.
- The Interest subvention of five per cent on loans on the purchase of EVs is in addition to the applicable purchase incentive of ₹30,000 and scrapping incentives of up to ₹7,500 under the Delhi EV Policy.
- Through this scheme, an electric auto consumer will be able to avail up to ₹25,000 additional benefit