Daily Current Affairs March 07
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 07. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 07 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 07
1. BCCI announces IPL schedule:
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the schedule for Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 that will be held in Mumbai and Pune.
- A total number of 70 league matches and 4 playoff games will be played in the duration of 65 days.
- The 15th season will start on March 26 at the Wankhede stadium with a clash between four time champion Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and two-time title winner Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- The league will stage its first double-header on March 27 with a Day game at Brabourne Stadium where the Delhi Capitals will square off against Mumbai Indians.
- The DY Patil Stadium will host the match between Punjab Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore at night.
- The MCA Stadium in Pune will host its first game on March 29 when Sunrisers Hyderabad take on Rajasthan Royals.
- In all, 20 matches each will be held at Wankhede Stadium and DY Patil Stadium, 15 matches each at Brabourne and MCA International stadium, Pune.
- The final game of the league stage will be played between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab Kings on May 22 at the Wankhede Stadium.
- The schedule for the Playoffs and the IPL final to be played on 29th May will be announced later.
2. ISSF World Cup: Indian women’s 25m pistol team bags Gold medal in Egypt:
- Indian women’s 25m pistol team of Rahi Sarnobat, Esha Singh and Rhythm Sangwan won the gold medal by beating Singapore 17-13 in the ongoing International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World cup in Cairo, Egypt.
- It is the 5th medal for India in the tournament.
3. Winter Paralympics open in Beijing without Russia:
- The Winter Paralympics opened in Beijing with the Russian athletes sent home and the Ukrainian team escaping a war zone to get to China.
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, shortly after the Winter Olympics wrapped up in Beijing, is roiling the world and the world of sports is no exception.
- About 564 athletes, of which 138 are women, are competing in the Paralympics.
- China has the largest team, with 96 competitors, followed by the United States with 65.
The Paralympics includes six sports – Alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, biathlon, hockey, snowboarding and curling.
- The 10-day Paralympics closes on the 13th of this month.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 07
4. Former Pakistani President Rafiq Tarar dies at 92:
- Rafiq Tarar, a veteran Pakistani politician and former Supreme Court judge passed away due to prolonged illness at the age of 92.
- Tarar had served as Pakistan President between 1997 and 2001 after being nominated by the then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
- Prior to his foray into politics with the PML-N, Tarar had served as a Supreme Court judge from 1991 to 1994.
- He also served as the Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court from March 6, 1989 to October 31, 1991.
- After Sharif’s ouster by General Pervez Musharraf in 1999, Tarar was allowed to continue as president until 2001.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 07
5. HDFC Mutual Fund Launches an Exclusive Financial Empowerment Initiative – #LaxmiForLaxmi this Women’s Day:
- On this International Womens Day, HDFC Mutual Fund, one of India’s large mutual funds, has announced an exclusive end-to-end women-led financial empowerment initiative LaxmiForLaxmi.
- HDFC Mutual Fund will connect women investors to a woman financial expert near them through a unique missed call service, India Business Wire India LaxmiForLaxmi initiative, to empower and support women to begin their financial independence journey A unique missed call service 73581 12345 initiative for women, by women to make mutual fund investments accessible to each and every woman.
- HDFC Mutual Fund will connect women investors to a woman financial expert near them through a unique missed call service.
- This initiative is an extension of HDFC Mutual Fund’s Investor Education campaign #BarniSeAzadi, launched on India’s 75th Independence Day, where it urged women to free their money from traditional savings methods and invest in Mutual Funds (MFs), so as to give their hard-earned money a chance to grow.
- This campaign received a positive response from across the country and reiterated the importance of conscious effort to create financial awareness. Campaigns such as #BarniSeAzadi reiterate the importance of focussing on financial awareness for women.
6. IOB funding Rs. 1000 Crore for Infrastructure Development in UT of J&K:
- As part of the Bank’s Business plan to widen Credit Growth and funding towards Infrastructure Development across the nation, Indian Overseas Bank has sanctioned a loan of Rs. 1,000 cr (of which amount disbursed is Rs. 500 cr) to M/s. Jammu and Kashmir Infrastructure Development Finance Corporation Limited (JKIDFC) guaranteed by Union Territory of J&K, towards part funding for completion of the languishing infrastructure projects in J&K and other new infrastructure projects which are a priority for the state.
- Indian Overseas Bank is one of the First Public Sector Banks to lend to Jammu and Kashmir Infrastructure Development Finance Corporation Limited, which is incorporated to complete various projects belonging to various departments like Agriculture Production, Animal Husbandry, Housing & Urban Development, Industries & Commerce Department, Jal Shakti Department, Public Works Department, School Education Department etc.
7. Airtel & Axis Bank announce partnership to bolster India’s digital ecosystem:
- Bharti Airtel and Axis Bank announced a strategic partnership to strengthen the growth of India’s digital ecosystem through a range of financial solutions.
- In a bid to accelerate adoption of digital payments in the country, over the coming months, Airtel and Axis Bank will bring to market a range of innovative financial offerings and digital services exclusively for Airtel’s 340 million plus customers.
- These will include co-branded credit card with industry leading benefits, pre-approved instant loans, Buy Now Pay Later offerings and many more.
- The partnership was kicked-off with the launch of the first-of-its-kind ‘Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card’ that will offer a host of attractive benefits such as cashbacks, special discounts, digital vouchers and complimentary services to Airtel customers.
- Through this win-win telco-bank partnership, Airtel customers will get access to Axis Bank’s world-class financial services portfolio and exclusive benefits, while Axis Bank will benefit from Airtel’s strong digital capabilities and deep distribution reach.
- This one of its kind collaboration will help widen the access to credit and various digital financial offerings from Axis Bank for Airtel’s 340 million customers.
- On the other hand, we will leverage Airtel’s widespread reach and services ranging from mobility and DTH to utility bill payments offering our customers the opportunity to maximize value, while also aiding the digital economy.
8. Paycraft becomes the official ticketing partner for Pune Metro:
- Home grown MSME, Paycraft has successfully completed the deployment of ticketing and payment solutions at upcoming Pune metro project was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- PayCraft is an end to end ticketing and payment solution provider for Pune metro.
The company was tasked to build ‘one mobile app’ and ‘common mobility card’ for commuters.
- With this objective, PayCraft built the ticketing and payment product that will enable the commuters to do tick via:
- QR code: That conforms with C-DAC specifications for ensuring interoperability with multiple modes of transport
- NCMC compliant card: Based on NPCI and C-DAC specifications that can be used in Pune metro and any other transit operator conforming to NCMC standards.
- This is the first metro project where the ticketing and payment system is 100% swadeshi.
- This sector has been dominated by international players or by the partnerships between domestic and international players.
- It will have the capabilities of making payments via digital channels including UPI. Delhi metro had been the first one in the country to introduce Ticket Vending Machines (TVM) that had options for making payment using cash or cards.
- The mobile QR code app developed by Paycraft for Pune commuters enables digital ticketing.
- This app allows the customers to select his source and destination of travel, make payment online through UPI, net banking, and card.
- Instantly a digital QR ticket is generated on the mobile app which is scanned at the metro gate and allows him/her to travel.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 07
9. Prez Kovind to confer Nari Shakti Puraskars to 29 women:
- On International Women’s Day, President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the Nari Shakti Puraskars to 29 outstanding individuals for the years 2020 and 2021.
- The Nari Shakti Puraskar is an initiative of the women and child development ministry to acknowledge the exceptional contribution made by individuals and institutions, and to celebrate women as game changers and catalyst of positive change in society.
- The Nari Shakti Puraskar recipients are from fields such as entrepreneurship, agriculture, innovation, social work, education and literature, linguistics, arts and crafts, STEMM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), disability rights, merchant navy and wildlife conservation.
- The awardees include social entrepreneur Anita Gupta, organic farmer and tribal activist Ushaben Dineshbhai Vasava, innovator Nasira Akhter, Intel-India head Nivruti Rai, down syndrome affected Kathak Dancer Saylee Nandkishor Agavane, first woman snake rescuer Vanita Jagdeo Borade and mathematician Neena Gupta.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 07
10. Microsoft to set-up 4th data centre at Hyderabad:
- IT company Microsoft will set up its fourth data centre in India at Hyderabad and expects to make it operational by 2025.
- It will be the largest data centre that we will have in India going forward.
- The target date for the operationalisation of this data centre will be 2025.
- Microsoft has doubled data centre capacity in India.
- Citing data from research firm IDC, Microsoft datacenters in India contributed USD 9.5 billion revenue to the economy between 2016 and 2020.
- Besides GDP impact, the IDC report estimated 1.5 million jobs were added to the economy, including 169,000 new skilled IT jobs.
11. NASA launches LAMP mission to study pulsating auroras; scientists confirm receiving good data:
- NASA launched a new sounding rocket mission, dubbed LAMP (Loss through Auroral Microburst Pulsations), to understand pulsating auroras, an often-overlooked kind of northern lights.
- The LAMP instrument was launched aboard a Black Brant IX suborbital sounding rocket.
- The rocket launched to a nominal apogee and the scientists confirmed that they received good data from the experiment.
- Like all aurora, pulsating aurora are set alight by electrons (and occasionally protons) from near-Earth space.
- These electrons plunge into our atmosphere and collide with atoms and molecules, causing them to glow in their distinctive colors red and green by oxygen, blue by nitrogen as they release their excess energy.
- For pulsating aurora, the going theory points to chorus waves a type of plasma wave that have characteristic rising tones and are able to efficiently disturb the electrons.
- When these waves make their appearance within the magnetosphere, some of the electrons scattered by the wave fall into our atmosphere, causing the pulsating auroras.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 07
12. India – Sri Lanka Bilateral Maritime Exercise SLINEX to be held:
- The Ninth Edition of India – Sri Lanka Bilateral Maritime Exercise SLINEX (Sri Lanka–India Naval Exercise) is scheduled at Visakhapatnam from 07 Mar to 10 Mar 2022.
- The exercise is being conducted in two phases the Harbour Phase at Visakhapatnam on 07-08 Mar 22 followed by the Sea Phase on 09-10 Mar 22 in the Bay of Bengal.
- Sri Lanka Navy will be represented by SLNS Sayurala, an advanced offshore patrol vessel and the Indian Navy by INS Kirch, a guided missile corvette.
- Other participants from the Indian Navy include INS Jyoti, a Fleet support tanker, Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), Seaking and Chetak Helicopters and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
- The previous edition of SLINEX was conducted off Trincomalee in October 2020.
- SLINEX aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- The Harbour Phase would include professional, cultural, sporting and social exchanges.
Exercises during Sea Phase will include surface and anti-air weapon firing exercises, seamanship evolutions, aviation operations including cross deck flying, advanced tactical manoeuvres and special forces operations at sea.
- SLINEX exemplifies the deep maritime engagement between India and Sri Lanka and has grown in scope over the years to strengthen mutual cooperation, in consonance with India’s policy of ‘Neighbourhood First’ and Hon’ble PMs vision of ‘Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 07
13. Narayan Rane launches Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women- SAMARTH:
- To celebrate International Women’s Day, Ministry of MSME along with Minister of State for MSME organised an international conference – “Empowering Women Entrepreneurs” in association with National Small Industries Corporation and India SME Forum.
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day 2022, Union Minister for MSME, Shri Narayan Rane launched a Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women “SAMARTH” at New Delhi to provide them an opportunity to be self-reliant and independent by undertaking self-employment opportunities
- To develop entrepreneurship culture among women by offering several additional benefits for women in this schemes.
- Under the Samarth initiative of the Ministry, following benefits will be available to aspiring and existing women entrepreneurs:
- 20% Seats in free Skill Development Programs organized under skill development schemes of the Ministry will be allocated for Women.
- More than 7500 women will be benefitted. 20% of MSME Business Delegations sent to domestic & international exhibitions under the schemes for Marketing Assistance.
- 20% Discount on annual processing fee on NSIC’s Commercial SchemesSpecial Drive for registration of women-owned MSMEs under Udyam Registration.
- Providing Skill Development and Market Development Assistance to women and more than 7500 women candidates from rural and sub-urban areas will be trained in the FY 2022-23.
- Besides, thousands of women will be getting marketing opportunities to showcase their products in domestic and international exhibitions.
14. Govt sanctions Rs 3,274 cr for continuation of freedom fighters pension scheme till 2026:
- The Centre has approved an allocation of Rs 3,274.87 crore for the continuation of the Swatantrata Sainik
- Samman Yojana (SSSY), under which freedom fighters and their eligible dependents are given pension and other financial benefits, till 2025-26.
- There are 23,566 beneficiaries across the country covered under this scheme.
- The government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana and its components beyond March 31, 2021 for the financial years 2021-22 to 2025-26, with a total financial outlay of Rs 3,274.87 crore.
- The proposal for the continuation of the SSSY was prepared by the Ministry of Home Affairs headed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The decision shows the commitment of the government to remember the sacrifices of freedom fighters and take inspiration from them during the year of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- The amount of pension has been revised from time to time and Dearness Relief is also given since August 15, 2016.
15. TN CM launches SPIC’s floating solar unit at Thoothukudi:
- Leading fertiliser manufacturer Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Ltd (SPIC) has set up a floating solar project at Thoothukudi in Tamil Nadu at an estimated cost of ₹150.4 crore, was inaugurated by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin.
- The plant to generate 42 million units of clean energy per annum and to help curbing water evaporation reduction on its reservior.
- The state of the art 25.3 MW DC/22 MW AC floating solar power plant is to optimise energy production on a sustainable basis.
- The project aligns with the group’s ESG strategy to implement new-age green and sustainable technology.
- All the power generated would l be consumed by SPIC and Greenstar Fertilisers.
The solar plant is owned by Greenam Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AM International.
- The new plant will generate more energy as water facilitates a cooling effect helping in a higher yield.
- Apart from clean power, the project will help the environment by curbing water evaporation in the reservoir by about 60 per cent.
- The demand for clean power is the need of the hour, and Tamil Nadu currently holds the capacity to generate more than 15,500 MW of renewable energy.
- The government is focused on environmentally sustainable projects and the establishment of a similar facility in the existing dams and water reservoirs in the state.
- These initiatives would lead to the generation of more renewable power, conserving water and minimising the scarce agricultural land being used for establishing solar power generating facility.
16. Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurates four-day Indo-Pacific Military Health Exchange conference:
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurated the four-day Indo-Pacific Military Health Exchange (IPMHE) conference co-hosted by Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) and US Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM).
- Shri Rajnath Singh described medical service as an important pillar for any military, saying that in addition to their own combat-related duties, they are the most valuable second responders in times of natural and man-made calamities & crises and are in a perpetual state of readiness.
- He lauded the AFMS for promoting and delivering preventive, curative, rehabilitative medical care to the serving soldier/sailor/airman and their families and the veterans with utmost professionalism.
- The theme of the conference is ‘Military Healthcare in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) World’.
- Aims to enhance cooperation and jointmanship in military medicine.
- It will cover many important topics including operational/combat medical care, tropical medicine, field surgery, field anaesthesia, aviation & marine medicine emergencies etc.
- The Raksha Mantri stated that the idea of Indo-Pacific reflects the sentiment of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (the world is one family).
17. Prasar Bharati signs MoU with Yupp TV to expand global reach:
- India’s public broadcaster, Prasar Bharati has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Yupp TV, an over-the-top (OTT) platform, which is a gateway for television viewers across the globe.
- With this, DD India is now available on the OTT platform of Yupp TV in USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- Through Yupp TV, one can watch live TV anytime anywhere in the world.
- It is aimed at expanding the global reach of DD India channel to put forth India’s perspective on various international developments on global platforms and to showcase the country’s culture and values to the world.
- The content hosting agreement was signed by Prasar Bharati CEO, Shashi Shekhar Vempati and Yupp TV Founder and CEO Uday Reddy.
- DD India, Prasar Bharati’s international channel, is India’s window to the world.
- Available in more than 190 countries, DD India also acts as a bridge between India and Indian diaspora spread across the world.