Daily Current Affairs March 02
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 02. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 02 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 02
1. UCO Bank extends partnership with Fisdom; to offer demat account, stockbroking services:
- UCO Bank has extended the fintech partnership with Fisdom to include demat account and stockbroking services, pension funds and tax filing, with an objective to offer customers a three-in-one personal banking experience.
- The extension suite will be offered through UCO Bank’s mobile banking application, UCO mBanking Plus, and will gradually be accessible through its internet banking platform also.
- UCO Bank customers will now be able to learn about, invest in, track the performance of and redeem from a variety of instruments.
- This new initiative with Fisdom will help the bank to provide new-age digital wealth products to customers at the click of a button thereby helping them in all their financial needs.
- Fisdom’s partners include Indian Bank, UCO Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Karnataka Bank, and City Union Bank.
- We look forward to building more features, offering more products and including incremental service propositions for the customers in association with UCO Bank.
- Fisdom is a brand operated under legal entity Finwizard Technology Pvt Ltd.
2. NPCI partners Yatra.com, SBI Card to launch ‘Yatra SBI Card’:
- By using the new card, travellers will get 6 reward points per ₹100 spent on departmental stores, grocery, dining, movies, entertainment, and international travel. (Bloomberg)
- The card offers exclusive travel benefits on booking flights and hotels which would be applicable six times a year launch a co-branded ‘Yatra SBI Card’ on the RuPay network.
3. PNB Housing launches watershed development project in Rajasthan:
- The project will facilitate the improvisation of water and sanitation infrastructure to provide clean water facilities and safe health for the people of Karauli.
- PNB Housing Finance’s CSR arm, Pehel Foundation, in association with Gurugram’s based NGO, SM Sehgal Foundation, launched an integrated watershed development project, Jal Khushhali, in the Karauli district of Rajasthan.
- This project targets to reduce the economic and social vulnerability of small and marginalized farmer communities of Chainpura and Muhana villages of the Nadoti block in Karauli district.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 02
4. BPCL to invest ₹4,000 cr for gas distribution project in two cities of Maharashtra:
- The minister informed that the work on the gas distribution network line work is underway from Srigonda in Ahmednagar to Aurangabad.
- The ground-breaking ceremony of the project will be held in Aurangabad.
- The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has launched a gas distribution network in Aurangabad and Ahmednagar of Maharashtra and will invest ₹4,000 crore for the completion of the project.
5. Geojit Financial services launches IPO application facility through WhatsApp:
- All customers having a valid UPI ID and using any of the standard UPI-enabled mobile application can make use of this service.
- Geojit offers end-to-end support on WhatsApp to simplify the process of applying for IPOs for its customers.
- Geojit Financial Services Limited, an investment services companies in India, announced on Wednesday that it has rolled out a facility for investors to invest in initial public offerings (IPOs) through WhatsApp.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 02
6. Bharti AXA Life Insurance ropes actor Vidya Balan as Brand Ambassador:
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance announced that it has roped in National Award-winning actor Vidya Balan as its Brand Ambassador.
- Vidya Balan embodies the core values of Bharti AXA Life Insurance and will help deepen the narrative of #DoTheSmartThing championed by the brand.
- Bharti AXA Life has been at the forefront of engaging with new-age customers and empowers them to deal with unpredictability in achieving life goals through assured financial returns on maturity.
- She has excelled in bringing compelling and unique narratives to life on screen and is self-made, reliant, and audacious- values that strongly resonate with Bharti AXA Life as a brand.
- We believe in long-term relationships and are excited to bring Vidya on board to further our goal of broadening life insurance penetration across India.
- Bharti AXA has always been committed to simplifying insurance and empowering Indians to making smarter and savvier financial choices manifesto of #DoTheSmartThing.
- At Bharti AXA Life, our brand promise is to #DoTheSmartThing and we believe in empowering customers to make better choices through all our offerings & initiatives.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 02
7. PhonePe, NITI Aayog announce FinTech Open Hackathon winners:
- The first prize was awarded to a hack called BizFiz, a solution for MSMEs to make loan application processes easier and make the process of loan underwriting easier for banks.
- Digital payments platform PhonePe, in association with NITI Aayog, on Wednesday announced the winners of the ‘Fintech Open Hackathon at a virtual awards ceremony.
- The first prize was awarded to a hack called BizFiz, a solution for MSMEs to make loan application processes easier and make the process of loan underwriting easier for banks.
- The FinTech Hackathon which centered around ‘Open Data with a focus on Account Aggregator, has brought together some of the brightest minds in the Fintech space.
- The second prize went to a hack called Sahitya, a one-stop shop for all its users that acts as a personal finance management tool.
- VisualPe was also awarded the second prize.
- It is a personal finance management system that collects all the financial information of its users and puts it in one place.
- A hack called Althsis was awarded the third prize.
- It solves the problem of managing multiple bank accounts by analyzing the user’s bank data and displaying all the relevant data in one place.
- The final Hackathon prize went to a hack called Financial wellbeing.
- It is an app that helps improve the financial well-being of its users by gamifying the process of saving.
- The Hackathon, which was a part of the month-long Fintech open event by NITI Aayog, witnessed some thought provoking keynotes, in-depth fireside chats, and panel discussions.
- The Account Aggregator framework is personally one of the most exciting things after UPI, and to ensuring that PhonePe contributes to the Account Aggregator network as a license holder as well as uses the framework to expand lending in the country.
- The Hackathon entries showcased path-breaking solutions and innovative ideas using accessible Open Data Platforms like PhonePe Pulse, Open Government Data Platform,
- RBI reports on payments, etc to develop their hacks.
- The NITI Aayog Fintech month is the first event we are celebrating as a part of our experience studio.
- Going forward we will be showcasing one particular technology every month and highlight how it can make an impact in the life of the common man.
- It will take us to the second phase of financial inclusion.
- While the first phase was all about creating the institutions and infrastructure platforms like India stack, Jan-Dhan account and UPI, now is the time to look at the last mile and bring the under-served within the formal financial fold.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 02
8. IIT-Madras ‘Entrepreneurship Summit 2022’ from Mar 3-6:
- Indian Institute of Technology-Madras Entrepreneurship Cell will host the 7th edition of its annual ‘Entrepreneurship Summit’ to promote innovation and entrepreneurship from tomorrow to March 6.
- This edition of the summit will be conducted in an online mode with carefully curated events and initiatives.
- Being held with support from Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Alumni and private sector organizations, the summit will cater to over 800 startups in various sectors with participation from over 715 colleges.
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal will deliver the keynote address for the summit.
- IIT Madras, over the last decade and half, has been concentrating on Entrepreneurship.
The E-Summit is an important event that the institute conducts specifically to provide a direction for existing and aspiring entrepreneurs and those in the early stages of setting up a company.
- There are four conclaves being held as part of ESummit 2022.
- These are all extremely important and lot of thought process has gone into organizing them.These will address people in different stages of entrepreneurship.
- The 1990 Alumni Batch of IIT Madras and WestBridge Capital, an Investment firm based in San Mateo, US, and Bangalore, India, are also supporting the summit, which will feature over 50 events spread across under four conclaves – Youth Conclave, Innovators’ Conclave, Start-up Conclave and Sustainability Conclave.
9. NASA launches latest generation satellite to track hazardous weather:
- NASA has successfully launched the third in a series of next-generation weather satellites for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- The newest Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite, GOES-T, was launched on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.
- It has been confirmed that the spacecraft’s solar arrays were successfully deployed and the spacecraft was operating on its own power.
- We at NASA are proud to support our joint agency partner, NOAA, and their mission to provide critical data and imagery to forecasters and researchers tracking hazardous weather.
- While the GOES-R series satellites’ main job is to help with weather prediction, these satellites produce observations that also help with NASA science.
- Our agencies’ collaboration brings great benefits toward understanding our planet.
- The satellite will be providing continuous coverage of weather and hazardous environmental conditions in the Western Hemisphere.
- For the unversed, the GOES program predicts space weather near earth that can interfere with satellite electronics, GPS, and radio communications.
- We at NASA feel honored to continue to work with NOAA on this strategic and successful partnership.
- Besides our work on spacecraft development and launch, NASA supported science teams are looking forward to analyzing the precious data that GOES-T will provide.
- Once GOES-T is positioned in a geostationary orbit 22,300 miles above earth, it will be renamed GOES-18.
- Following a successful orbital checkout of its instruments and systems, GOES-18 will go into service over the U.S. West Coast and Pacific Ocean.
- This position puts it in a key spot where it can observe weather sweeping in from the west to the east over the U.S. – giving forecasters an upstream view of what is coming.
- This launch continues a 48-year history of NOAA, NASA, industry, and academia working together on geostationary satellite observations.
- GOES satellites help us every day.
- They bring advanced new capabilities to help forecasters better monitor and predict dangerous environmental conditions like hurricanes, thunderstorms, floods, and fires.
- NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, oversees the acquisition of the GOES-R spacecraft and instruments and built the Magnetometer instrument for GOES-T, as well as for the future GOES-U satellite.
- NASA’s Launch Services Program, based at the agency’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, provided launch management for the mission.
- NOAA oversees the GOES-R Series Program through an integrated NOAA-NASA office, managing the ground system, operating the satellites, and distributing their data to users worldwide.
- Lockheed Martin designs, builds, and tests the GOES-R series satellites.
- L3Harris Technologies provides the main instrument payload, the Advanced Baseline Imager, along with the ground system, which includes the antenna system for data reception.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 02
10. 19th India-US Military Cooperation Group meeting held in Agra:
- The discussions focussed on strengthening the ongoing defence engagements between the two sides and mulled on new initiatives under the ambit of existing cooperation mechanism.
- The 19th edition of India-US Military Cooperation Group (MCG) meeting was held in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) Air Marshal BR Krishna from the Indian side and Deputy Commander, US Indo-Pacific Command Lieutenant General Stephen D Sklenka from the US side.
- The discussions focussed on strengthening the ongoing defence engagements between the two sides and mulled on new initiatives under the ambit of the existing cooperation mechanism.
- The India-US MCG is a forum established to progress defence cooperation between the countries through regular talks at the strategic and operational levels between Headquarters, Integrated Defence Staff and the US Indo-Pacific Command.
11. India, Netherlands release special logo to mark 75 years of ties:
- India and the Netherlands commemorating the 75th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between them this year, a special logo was released to mark the occasion.
- Sanjay Verma, Secretary (West) in the Ministry of External Affairs, and Marten van den Berg, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, released the joint logo.
- The logo features a lotus and a tulip – the national flowers of both countries.
- The chakra in the middle of the logo depicts the bond of our friendship and the flag colours enhance the connections that exist between the people of India and people of the Netherlands.
- To celebrate the 75th anniversary, a large number of events and activities are planned during the year in a wide range of areas of cooperation including water, agriculture, innovation, energy, climate and culture.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 02
12. Karnataka: 12th edition of “Bengaluru India Nano” event to be held from March 7-9, to witness participation of 10 countries:
- “Bengaluru India Nano” event having ‘Nano for Sustainable Future’ as its theme will begin from March 7 and will end on March 9.
- Bengaluru’s twelth edition of the three-day-long “Bengaluru India Nano” event having ‘Nano for Sustainable Future’ as its theme will begin from March 7 and will end on March 9.
- The event will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Basavaraja Bommai.
- Over 10 countries including Israel, Japan, Germany, Canada will be participating and the event which is being organised in association with 5 leading industries including such as
- India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA), TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) Bangalore, and many more.
- The 12th edition of the ‘Bengaluru India Nano’ focuses on nano-medicine, nano-photonics, nano-textiles, hydrogen technology among others.
- 75 eminent speakers, 2500 delegates, 25 sessions, and over 4000 attendees are expected to participate.
- Programmes like ‘nanotech quiz’ and ‘nano for young’ have been introduced with the objective of sensitising young minds about futuristic nanotechnology.
- Around 650 students belonging to 23 states and 5 Union Territories have already registered for the quiz event.
- Sessions that will be held on the final day are designed in a tutorial model keeping students in mind.
- In this event, the ‘Nano Excellence Award’ will be presented to 5 young researchers who are pursuing a PhD in Nano Technology.
- The integration of nanotech, life sciences, and health sciences has resulted in revolutionary innovations like messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine and many such innovations are in the pipeline to be unleashed.
13. 148 IAF aircraft to demonstrate capabilities at Exercise Vayu Shakti; Rafale to participate 1st time:
- Exercise Vayu Shakti that will take place at Pokharan range in Jaisalmer on March 7.
- Rafale aircraft will participate at this exercise for the first time and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the chief guest.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts Exercise Vayu Shakti at Pokharan range every three years to demonstrate its readiness to conduct full spectrum operations.
- The last one took place in 2019.
- Out of 148 aircraft participating in the exercise this year, 109 will be fighter jets.
- Jaguar fighter jet, Sukhoi-30 fighter jet, MiG-29 fighter jet, Tejas fighter aircraft and various others will show their capabilities at Exercise Vayu Shakti 2022.
- Capabilities of Aakash missile system and Spyder missile system will also be shown at the exercise.
- Transport aircraft C17 and C130J will also participate in the exercise.
14. IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw to inaugurate 3rd edition of NIC Tech Conclave in New Delhi:
- Communications and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw will inaugurate the 3rd edition of NIC Tech Conclave in New Delhi.
- The two-day event being organized by the National Informatics Centre NIC.
- NIC has been organizing Tech Conclave focused on Emerging Technologies applicable especially in e-Governance.
- The Theme for Tech Conclave this year is “Next-Gen Technologies for Digital Government”.
- In this 2022 Conclave are experts from the IT industry who will share their expertise in various areas like Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Next Gen Database Solutions, Cyber Security, Future of Cloud, and various e-Governance Solutions, etc.
- Benefits accruing can range from understanding the ICT best practices being adopted by the industry to spreading awareness about the latest technologies and trends, effective in the major digital transformation of the society.
- Tech Conclave will enrich the IT Managers of Government Ministries and Departments on the latest ICT technologies and their use cases on the latest technologies and industry best practices.
- It will also provide a platform for IT Secretaries of State Governments to better know the new technologies and applications which can be rolled out in the states.
15. Union Minister Smriti Irani launches ‘Stree Manoraksha Project’, says it will help women who are facing atrocities:
- Launching the Stree Manoraksha Project for capacity building of One Stop Centre has been designed to end the cycle of violence against women.
- That process of empowerment must be started from childhood.
- Stree Manoraksha Project is a life skill to provide help to women who are facing atrocities.
- The government took several steps for women empowerment like setting up One Stop Centre and women helpline.
- One Stop Centre has helped over five lakh women in the country.
16. CCI to hold 7th National Conference on Economics of Competition Law on 4th March:
- Competition Commission of India will hold the 7th National Conference on Economics of Competition Law on 4th March in virtual mode.
- CCI has been organizing the conference every year since 2016.
- Neelkanth Mishra, who is a Member of, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister
- will deliver the keynote address in the inaugural session.
- The Plenary at this year’s conference is on the topic ‘Reforms and Deepening of Markets’.
- The Conference is an endeavour to develop and sustain interest in the Economics of Competition Law and create a critical mass of antitrust economists.
- It brings together scholars, practitioners, academicians, and experts working in the area of economics of competition law.
17. Assam govt declares entire state as “Disturbed Area” for up to 6 months:
- Assam government has declared the entire state as “Disturbed Area” for up to six months.
- In Guwahati the order came into effect on 28th of February and will stay in effect unless otherwise withdrawn by the state government.
- The declaration has been made as per powers conferred under Section 3 of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958.
18. Shri Bhagwanth Khuba flags off Jan Aushadhi Rath, Jan Aushadhi Mobile Vans and Jan Aushadhi E-rickshaws to raise awareness about the benefits of Jan Aushadhi generic medicines:
- Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers and New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India Shri Bhagwanth Khuba flagged off Jan Aushadhi Rath, Jan Aushadhi Mobile Vans and Jan Aushadhi E-rickshaws from in New Delhi as a part of the weeklong celebration.
- The Jan Aushadhi Rath will travel 7 days covering 4-5 States and Vans and E-rickshaws will travel across Delhi up to 7th March to raise awareness at the grassroot level about the benefits of the Pariyojana and Jan Aushadhi generic medicines which are available at affordable prices for all.
“Matri Shakti Samman programme” held on the 2nd day of the weeklong celebration across the country:
- On the 2nd Day of Jan Aushadhi Diwas celebrations, Matri Shakti Samman programme were organised at 75 locations across the country to honor women of the country.
- During this event, a gift hamper containing various items of Jan Aushadhi which can be used by the women have been distributed.
- These events have been attended by women leaders, city mayors, public representatives, and other distinguished women from various walks of life.
- All the programmes this year are being held under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav commemorating 75 years of India’s independence.
19. National Commission for Protection of Child Rights Celebrates its 17th Foundation Day:
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) celebrated its 17th Foundation Day at 15th August Ground at Red Fort, New Delhi.
- The Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani was the chief guest at the event which was attended by the Chairperson of NCPCR.
- The Minister interacted with the children from different States and also visited the exhibition based on stories of freedom fighters during their childhood organised by Border Security Forces (BSF) in collaboration with NCPCR and remembered their sacrifices.
- The Union WCD Minister also complemented the collaboration between NCPCR & Border Security Force for the special initiative called ‘SAHARA’ which is an initiative to provide psycho-social counselling & support to children of BSF jawans who made the supreme sacrifice.