Daily Current Affairs June 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 27| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 27
1. International Day in Support of Victims of Torture is observed on?
A) June 25
B) June 23
C) June 26
D) June 24
E) June 27
Answer: C) June 26
- 26 June is observed as International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Observed by- UN General Assembly
- Proclaimed on 12 December 1997
- To eradicate torture and the effective functioning of the Convention against Torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
2. World MSME day is observed on?
A) June 25
B) June 23
C) June 26
D) June 24
E) June 27
Answer: E) June 27
- 27 June is observed as World MSME Day.
- Observed since 2017.
- Resilience and Rebuilding: MSMEs for Sustainable Development.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 27
3. Who among the following relieved as captain from T20s?
E) Rohit Sharma
Answer: E) Rohit Sharma
- Former India opener VirenderSehwag reckons that skipper Rohit Sharma could be relieved from captaincy duties in the T20 format which would allow him to manage his workload better.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs June 27
4. Former SAIL chairman V Krishnamurthy passes away at 97, SAIL founded in which year?
Answer: A) 1954
- V Krishnamurthy, a former chairman of steel PSU SAIL and MarutiUdyog Ltd (now Maruti Suzuki), passed away at the age of 97 in Chennai.
- V Krishnamurthy was the chairman of SAIL from 1985 to 1990.
- The idustry veteran had also been the chairman of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), MarutiUdyog and GAIL.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 27
5. Which of the following Small Finance Bank revised FD interest rates?
A) AU Small Finance Bank
B) EquitasSmall Finance Bank
C) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
D) Capital Small Finance Bank
E) UjjivanSmall Finance Bank
Answer: B) Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has raised interest rates on fixed deposits under Rs 2 crore.
- The new interest rates are effective from June 27, 2022.
- The bank will now offer an interest rate of 3.50 percent to 7 percent for tenures ranging from 7 days to 10 years. Senior citizens can avail FD interest rates up to 7.50% p.a.
- The bank will offer an interest rate of 6 percent for tenure between 3 years to 10 years.
- For tenor of 889 days to 3 years, the bank will offer interest rate of 6.90 percent.
|Tenure||Interest rates for amount less than Rs 2 crores||Annualised Yield|
|7 – 14 days||3.5%||3.5%|
|15 – 29 days||3.5%||3.5%|
|30 – 45 days||3.5%||3.5%|
|46 – 62 days||4%||4%|
|63 – 90 days||4.25%||4.25%|
|91 – 120 days||4.75%||4.75%|
|121 – 180 days||4.75%||4.75%|
|181 – 210 days||5.25%||5.32%|
|211 – 270 days||5.25%||5.32%|
|271 – 364 days||5.25%||5.32%|
|1 year to 18 months||6.6%||6.77%|
|18 months 1 day to 2 years||6.45%||6.61%|
|2 years 1 day to 887 days||6.9%||7.08%|
|889 days to 3 years||6.9%||7.08%|
|3 years 1 day to 4 years||6%||6.14%|
|4 years 1 day to 5 years||6%||6.14%|
|5 years 1 day to 10 years||6%||6.14%|
6. India saw how many billion transactions worth Rs 10.2 trn in Q1 2022?
Answer: D) 9.36
- India saw 9.36 billion transactions amounting to Rs 10.25 trillion in the first quarter (January-March period) via various payment modes led by Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
- The UPI P2M (person to merchant) transactions emerged as the most preferred payment mode among consumers with a market share of 64 per cent in volume and 50 per cent in terms of value, according to the report by Worldline, a global leader in payments industry.
- In Q1 2022, UPI clocked over 14.55 billion transactions in volume and Rs 26.19 trillion in terms of value.
- Its transactions volume and value has almost doubled since last year recording about a 99 per cent increase in volume and over 90 per cent increase in value compared to Q1 2021.
- As of the first quarter, the top UPI apps in terms of volume were PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm Payments Bank App, Amazon Pay, Axis banks App while top PSP UPI Players were YES Bank, Axis Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank and Paytm Payments Bank.
- Among the top UPI Apps, Phone Pe, Google Pay and Paytm accounted for 94.8 per cent of UPI transactions volume and 93 per cent of UPI transactions value as of March 2022, the report showed.
- The average ticket size (ATS) for UPI P2P (peer-to-peer) transactions was Rs 2,455 and Rs 860 for P2M transactions (as of March).
- Credit cards accounted for 7 per cent of transactions, but 26 per cent of value, indicating that customers still prefer to use their credit cards for high value transactions.
- Debit cards account for 10 per cent of transactions, but 18 per cent in value.
- The volume has shrunk from previous years likely because of the rise of UPI.
- As of March, the total number of POS terminals deployed by merchant acquiring banks were 6.07 million with over half a million POS terminals deployed during Q1 2022.
- The POS deployment witnessed over 28 per cent growth in Q1 2022 compared to a year before.
- As of March, the total number of Bharat QRs were 4.97 million, a 39 per cent rise as compared to March 2021 while UPI QRs stood at 172.73 million, registering an increase of 87 per cent as compared to March 2021.
- The total number of credit and debit cards in circulation by the end of Q1 2022 was 991.28 million.
- As of January, there were about 658 million Internet users and about 1.2 billion mobile subscribers in India.
- In Q1 2022, consumers made 15.6 billion mobile based payments whereas net banking/Internet browser-based transactions were over 1 billion.
7. World Bank approvedhow many million US dollar to support India’s road safety program?
Answer: A) 250
- The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved the financing of $250 million to support the Government of India’s Program for Strengthening Road Safety.
- The World Bank project will help participating states reduce road crash fatalities and injuries through improved road safety management and institutional reform, and results-based interventions on high-risk roads.
- It will also strengthen emergency medical and rehabilitation services for post-crash care.
8. SBI, other PSU banks committedhow many crore to Adani Group for copper biz?
Answer: B) 6071
- Kutch Copper Ltd (KCL), a subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), is setting up a Greenfield copper refinery project for production of refined copper with 1 million tonnes per annum in two phases.
- For the phase-1 capacity of 0.5 million tonnes, KCL has achieved financial closure through a syndicated club loan for the Greenfield copper refinery project at Mundra, Gujarat.
- It has executed “financing documents with the consortium of banks led by State Bank of India (SBI).
- The other consortium members are Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, EXIM Bank of India, Indian Bank, Punjab National Bank, and Bank of Maharashtra.
- The consortium of banks has sanctioned and signed an agreement for the entire debt requirement of Rs 6,071 crore for the Phase-1 of the KCL Project.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 27
9. How many percent GST likely on casinos, online gaming, horse races on gross revenue?
Answer: D) 28%
- The GST Council in its meeting this week is likely to vet a proposal of the panel of state finance ministers on levying 28 percent GST on online gaming, casinos, and horse racing.
- The Group of Ministers, headed by Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma, has recommended that online gaming should be taxed at the full value of the consideration, including the contest entry fee paid by the player on participating in the game.
10. Indian economy may touch how many trillionUSD in next 30 years?
Answer: C) 30
- India is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and it is expected to reach USD 30 trillion in the coming 30 years, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal.
- If India grows at 8 per cent every year on a compounded annual growth basis, the economy will double in about nine years.
- The country’s economy at present stood at about USD 3.2 trillion and in nine years from today, he said, it will be about USD 6.5 trillion.
- Another nine years, that is 18 years from now, we will be about USD 13 trillion economy.
- And then another nine years after that, that is 27 years from now, we will be a USD 26 trillion economy.
- Then obviously, 30 years from today, confidently we can all expect that the Indian economy will be a USD 30 trillion economy.
11. ICICI Lombard to settle claimed of up to how many lakh by MSMEs within 10 days?
Answer: E) 5
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company will settle the MSME clients’ admissible claims of up to Rs 5 lakh within 10 days of completing the claims survey.
- This marks the International MSME Day observed on June 27 to recognize the contribution of these industries.
- The claims settlement process is a first-of-its-kind service to enable faster claim settlement for MSMEs and startups.
- With this, now businesses shall receive the offer for settlement of their admissible property and marine claims of up to Rs 5 lakh within 10 working days of the claims survey.
- ICICI Lombard sold 1.5 million (15 lakh) policies to MSMEs as of March 31, 2022.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 27
12. Govt appointed Indian Revenue Services officer Nitin Gupta new CBDT chairman,CBDT was formed in which of the following year?
Answer: A) 1964
- IRS officer Nitin Gupta has been appointed as the new CBDT chairman.
- Gupta, an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the 1986 batch of the Income Tax cadre, is serving as the Member (investigation) in the Board and is scheduled to retire in September next year.
- The post of the CBDT chief was being held in an additional capacity by Board member and 1986-batch IRS officer Sangeeta Singh after J B Mohapatra retired on April 30.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 27
13. Adani, Ambani make Rs 1.68 trn investment pledge in which of the following state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Rajasthan
- Under the ‘Invest Rajasthan’ outreach programme, state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot led Rajasthan government received the biggest investment pledges from Gautam Adani-led Adani Group and the MukeshAmbani chaired Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL).
- Adani Group and RIL pledged more than Rs 1.68 trillion between December 2021 and March 2022 in Letters of Intent (LoIs) and Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with the Rajasthan government, data by the state’s Bureau of Investment Promotion (BoIP) following the RTI application showed.
- Adani and Ambani’s pledge in total accounts for nearly 18 per cent of the total value of the investment pledge of Rs 940,453 crore during the period.
14. Which of the following state CM announced subsidy of up to Rs 25,000 for purchase of indigenous cow breeds?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced a subsidy of up to Rs 25,000 on the purchase of indigenous breeds of cows.
- The chief minister said that farmers having two to five acres of land that is registered on the designated state government portal and who voluntarily adopt natural farming, will be provided a subsidy for purchasing indigenous cow breeds.
- Khattar said that a target has been set to promote natural farming on 50,000 acres of land in the state, and in order to make people aware about it, an exhibition of natural farming will be organised in every block.
15. Gehlot approvedRs 545 crore for Mahi project restoration work in Banswara District it is located in which of the following state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved Rs 545 crore to carry out restoration work and strengthen the canal system and distributions of the Mahi project in Banswaradistrict,Rajasthan.
- The work will ensure water availability for irrigation on 80,000 hectares of land.
- The farmers in the command area of the project located in Ghatol, Garhi, Anandpuri, Bagidaura, Talwara and Arthuna tehsils of Banswara district will be benefitted.
- The chief minister also approved a proposal to spend a total of Rs 117 crore to augment facilities at the MahilaChikitsalaya in Jaipur.
16. Which of the following state FM announced budgetary provisions for 300 units of free power?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Punjab
- Punjab Finance Minister Harpal Singh Cheema budgetary provisions have been made for giving 300 units of free electricity to the households from July 1, as the AAP government presented its first budget for FY23 in the state assembly.
17. Which IIT developed solar-based root zone heating system for plants in high-altitude areas?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Roorkee
D) IIT Patna
E) IIT Madras
Answer: A) IIT Kanpur
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur have developed a solar energy-based root zone heating system and vermi-bed method for plants in high-altitude areas.
- According to officials, the technology for which the researchers have also been granted a patent has been developed keeping in view the scarcity of fresh vegetables or agricultural produce and the lack of effective organic waste management in high-altitude areas like the Ladakh region.
- Hence, this novel technology of root zone heating system and vermi-bed method developed by the team at our institute is a significant step towards helping especially our defence forces deployed there with fresh vegetable supply and a solution to effectively mitigate organic waste.
- According to the team, the basic premise of the technology is a greenhouse (polyhouse) plantation of vegetables and a provision of the heating root zone of the plants.
- The root zone heating is scientifically studied and modelled by laying a network of GI (Galvanised Iron) pipes below the ground carrying solar-heated water and by integrating aluminium sheet fins with the buried GI pipes to enhance the heat transfer.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy