Daily Current Affairs July 31
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 2021. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 31 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs July 31
1. World Ranger Day is observed on which date?
A) July 23
B) July 30
C) July 31
D) July 26
E) July 28
Answer: C) July 31
- The Ministry of Environment on July 31 observed World Ranger Day in remembrance of rangers who either lost their lives or were injured in the line of duty to protect the environment and natural resources.
- World Ranger Day is celebrated every year on July 31.
- Cambodia first observed the event in 2017 with a ceremony attended by government officials, representatives of international conservation organisations, Buddhist monks and students, among others
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs July 31
2. All-rounder Isuru Udana retires from international cricket. He was related to which country?
D) Sri Lanka
Answer: D) Sri Lanka
- Udana had a very modest international career with sporadic appearances over 12 years in which he played only 21 ODIS and 35 T20 Internationals with just 45 wickets to show for his efforts.
- The left-arm medium pacer had made his T20I debut in 2009 against Australia at the T20 World Cup in which Sri Lanka lost the final to Pakistan. His maiden ODI game came against India in 2012.
3. Blessing Okagbare was provisionally suspended for doping. She was related to which sports?
Answer: E) Athlete
- Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare was provisionally suspended for doping, hours before she was due to run in the semifinals of the women’s 100 meters at the Olympics.
- Okagbare tested positive for human growth hormone in an out-of-competition test on July 19, the Athletics Integrity Unit said, prompting a mandatory provisional suspension.
- The 32-year-old Okagbare won a silver medal in the long jump at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2013 world championships.
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs July 31
4. Man Kaur passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: E) Athlete
- Six-time world masters championship gold medallist and multiple Asian Masters Championship medallist athlete 105-year-d old Man Kaur breathed her last at a Dera Bassi Hospital near Mohali on Saturday afternoon.
- Kaur clocked a timing of one minute and 14.58 seconds to become the oldest winner in the competition’s history and would also win gold medals in the 200 m, shotput and javelin throw events at Auckland.
- The same week, Kaur became the oldest person to skywalk at Auckland’s sky tower.
- In 2018, Kaur won the title in the 200 m race in the 100–104-year category in world master’s championship in Spain before she won the gold medal in the shot put event in the next edition of the games in Poland in 2019.
5. Ganpatrao Deshmukh passed away. He was the longest-serving MLA of which state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Maharashtra
- Ganpatrao Deshmukh won 11 times from Sangola constituency in Solapur and was an MLA for 55 years till 2019.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs July 31
6. SN Ghormade is appointed as new Vice Chief of which armed forces?
C) Indian Air Force
D) Indian Army
E) Indian Navy
Answer: E) Indian Navy
- He succeeded Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar who retired after 39 years of service.
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs July 31
7. Which company has been conferred with three prestigious awards at the 8th Governance Now PSU Awards ceremony?
A) Goa Shipyard Limited
B) Cochin Shipyard Limited
C) Kolkata Shipyard Limited
D) Mumbai Shipyard Limited
E) Chennai Shipyard Limited
Answer: A) Goa Shipyard Limited
- Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) has been conferred with three prestigious awards at the 8th Governance Now PSU Awards ceremony held on July 29, 2021.
- The awards were presented to GSL in three different categories Research and Innovation, CSR Commitment and HR Excellence.
- The Governance Now 8th PSU Awards felicitation ceremony was held on July 29, 2021, on the virtual platform.
- On the occasion, Dr Kiran Bedi, the ex Lt Governor of Puducherry was the chief guest for the ceremony.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs July 31
8. Eutelsat Quantum, the world’s first commercial fully re-programmable satellite lifted off from French Guiana on board which rocket?
A) Ariane 2 rocket
B) Ariane 3 rocket
C) Ariane 4 rocket
D) Ariane 5 rocket
E) Ariane 1 rocket
Answer: D) Ariane 5 rocket
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs July 31
9. Which Meeting of the BRICS Counter-Terrorism Working Group (CTWG) was held virtually on 28-29 July under the Chairship of India?
Answer: A) 6
- Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary for Counter-Terrorism, Ministry of External Affairs chaired the sixth meeting of the BRICS CTWG. Meanwhile, Senior counter-terrorism officials from all BRICS countries participated in the meeting.
- The main outcome of the Working Group meeting was the finalisation of the BRICS Counter-Terrorism Action Plan containing specific measures to implement the BRICS Counter-Terrorism Strategy adopted by BRICS Leaders in 2020.
10. Which country will take over the Presidency of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) on August 1?
D) Sri Lanka
Answer: B) India
- India will take over the Presidency of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) on August 1 and is set to host signature events in three major areas of maritime security, peacekeeping and counterterrorism during the month.
- Tirumurti will also provide a briefing for member states of the UN which are non-members of the Council on its work for the month, according to a schedule released by the UN.
- India’s two-year tenure as a non-permanent member of the Security Council began on January 1, 2021.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs July 31
11. Which UT launches free bus service to boost vaccination drive?
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) Delhi
- To head off the surge and get better prepared to tackle the third wave of Covid-19, the Delhi government has started a free pick up and drop off bus service leading to different schools turned into vaccination centres.
- The free bus service will encourage more and more people to get inoculated.
- The first of these free bus service facilities were made available to the Vasant Vihar constituency residents under its “Jaha Vote Waha Vaccination” initiative.
12. Which state govt launches “Let’s Go Digital” project for higher edu institutions?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Kerala
- The 19-member committee, chaired by Higher Education Minister R Bindhu, would have eminent academicians Rajan Gurukkal and Saji Gopinath as vice chairpersons and additional chief secretary V Venu as convener.
- The panel would ensure the Learning Management System (LMS), based on Moodle (an open source learning platform) , to all institutions, would provide the necessary Cloud to impart training to teachers and students in digital learning and to set up smart classes in all institutions.
13. Who presents India’s perspective in G20 Cultural Ministers’ Meeting?
A) Amit Shah
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) S JaiShankar
D) Meenakashi Lekhi
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: D) Meenakashi Lekhi
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Culture, Meenakashi Lekhi reiterated India’s commitment to international cultural cooperation and collaboration during the G20 Culture Ministers Meeting hosted by Italy during their ongoing Presidency of G20.
- The discussion was held on Protection of Cultural Heritage; Addressing the Climate Crisis through Culture; Building Capacity through Training and Education; Digital Transition and New Technologies for Culture; and Culture and Creative Sectors as drivers for growth.
14. The next edition of India’s mega defence exhibition – the DefExpo – will be held in which state?
Answer: B) Gujarat
- The next edition of India’s mega defence exhibition – the DefExpo – will be held at Gandhinagar in Gujarat from March 11-13 next year and its focus will be to showcase the country as an emerging hub for manufacturing of military hardware, officials said.
- The 11th edition of DefExpo took place in Lucknow last year.
- The theme of the upcoming DefExpo will be ”India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub”.
15. Which state signs MoU with Invest India on promotion trade & industries?
Answer: D) Meghalaya
- The Meghalaya State Investment Promotion Society (MSIP) signed an MoU with Invest India, Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in presence of Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma and his advisor Thomas A Sangma and Government Chief Whip Marcuise Marak.
- “The objective of the MoU is to leverage investment opportunities in key development sectors to boost trade and industries in the State,” said Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma, after the MoU was inked in New Delhi.
16. Which company successfully completes two-month long, one of its kind ‘ATL Tinkerpreneur Bootcamp’ across country?
E) Atal Innovation Mission
Answer: E) Atal Innovation Mission
- Designed for high school students across the nation, ‘ATL Tinkerpreneur’ saw a record-breaking 9000+ participants (including 4000+ girl participants) across 32 states and 298 districts.
- The Bootcamp witnessed participation from 820 ATLs, 50+ live expert speaker sessions were conducted with over 4.5 lakh views and imparted 30+ digital and entrepreneurial skills.
- ‘Tinkerpreneur’ – the name derived from the phrase ‘enabling students to tinker from the comfort of their homes and become an entrepreneur this summer’ was a bootcamp focused on cultivating a hands-on innovative mindset among students.
- Spread across a span of 9 weeks from 31st May 2021 to 1st August 2021, ‘ATL Tinkerpreneur’ enabled the participants to develop a business idea and create an end-to-end strategy for setting up a new venture.