Daily Current Affairs July 11
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 11. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 11| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 11
1. World Population Day is observed on?
A) July 09
B) July 07
C) July 10
D) July 08
E) July 11
Answer: E) July 11
- World Population Day is observed every year on July 11 to raise awareness about global population issues.
- It was founded in 1989 by the then-Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme.
- On July 11, 1990, the day was first observed in more than 90 nations.
- Since then, a number of UNFPA national offices as well as other organizations and institutions, in collaboration with governments and civil society, have observed World Population Day.
- “A world of 8 billion: Towards a resilient future for all – Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 11
2. Arjun Babuta wins gold in Men’s ___m Air Rifle at Changwon Shooting World Cup?
Answer: C) 10
- International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup
- 10m Air Rifle at Changwon Shooting World Cup
- Gold – Arjun Babuta(India)
- Silver – Lucas Kozeniesky(USA)
- Bronze – Sergey Richter (Israel)
- 4th – Paarth
3. Motor racing-Ferrari’s Leclerc beats Verstappen to win in ____ grand prix?
Answer: A) Austria
- Austrian Grand Prix
- Gold – Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
- Silver – Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- Bronze – Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4. World Games 2022: Abhishek Verma and JyothiSurekhaVennam pair won bronze medal against players of which country?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: B) Mexico
- Compound Archers Abhishek Verma and JyothiSurekhaVennam beat Mexico’s Andrea Becerra and Miguel Becerr by a solitary point in the mixed team compound archery event at the World Games 2022.
- This is India’s first medal in these World Games and first-ever Archery medal at the event.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 11
5. Bank of Baroda hikedone year MCLR by how many bps?
Answer: D) 15
- Bank of Baroda has raised its marginal costs of funds-based lending rates (MCLR) on loans.
- The revised prices will come into effect from July 12, 2022, according to a Bank of Baroda filing with the BSE.
- After the hike, Bank of Baroda’s one-year MCLR now stands at 7.65%, according to information on the BSE.
- While its three-month, and six-month rates have been hiked by 10 basis points to 7.35 percent and 7.45 percent, respectively.
- The one-year MCLR has been raised to 7.65 percent from 7.50 percent, a hike of 15 basis points.
- The bank’s overnight rate and one-month rate have been kept unchanged at 6.80 percent and 7.20 percent, respectively.
6. Union Bank of India hiked MCLR by how many bps?
Answer: C) 10
- Union Bank of India has raised its marginal costs of funds-based lending rates (MCLR) by 10 basis points (bps) across all tenures.
- The revised interest rates will be effective from July 11, 2022, to August 10, 2022.
With this hike, the bank’s overnight rate is now 6.80 percent, while its one-month, three-month, and six-month rates are now 6.95 percent, 7.20 percent, and 7.35 percent, respectively.
- The one-year MCLR, two-year MCLR, and three-year MCLR stand at 7.55 percent, 7.60 percent, and 7.60 percent, respectively.
7. Bank of Maharashtra cut three month MCLR by up to how many bps across tenors?
Answer: E) 35
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has cut its marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) by 20-35 basis points (bps) across tenors with effect from July 11, 2022.
- The Pune-headquartered public sector bank has effected the maximum cut of 35 bps in the three months MCLR to 7.20 per cent from 7.55 per cent earlier.
- The six months and one year MCLR have been pared by 20 bps each to 7.40 per cent (7.60 per cent earlier) and 7.50 per cent (7.70 per cent), respectively.
- The overnight and one-year MCLR have been reduced by 25 bps each to 6.90 per cent (7.15 per cent) and 7 per cent (7.25 per cent), respectively.
- As at March-end 2022, the share of MCLR-linked loans (mostly to corporates) in total outstanding loans stood at 49.2 per cent.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 11
8. GSP Crop Science plannedhow many crore IPO next year?
Answer: A) 500
- Agro-chemical firm GSP Crop Science Pvt Lt is looking to launch a Rs 500-crore IPO (Initial Public Offering) by next year, according to its managing director Bhavesh Shah.
- Established in 1985, Ahmedabad-based GSP Crop Science manufactures technical grade ingredients and formulates insecticides, fungicides and herbicides, intermediates, biopesticides, seed-treatment chemicals and public health products.
9. Paytm Apr-Jun loan disbursal jumped how manyfold to Rs 5,554 cr; hits Rs 24,000 cr annual run rate?
Answer: E) 9
- Digital financial services firm Paytm’s loan disbursement jumped nearly nine-fold to Rs 5,554 crore through 84.78 lakh transactions in the April-June quarter, reaching an annualized run rate of Rs 24,000 crore, the company said in a BSE filing.
- The company had disbursed 14.33 lakh loans worth Rs 632 crore in the year-ago period.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs July 11
10. Wipro PARI to acquire ___-based Hochrainer GmbH?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: D) Germany
- Wipro PARI, the industrial automation business of Wipro Infrastructure Engineering (a Wipro Enterprises entity), announced has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Hochrainer GmbH, based in Freilassing, Germany.
- Hochrainer GmbH, a family-owned company, has been in operations since 1973 and employs around 130 people.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 11
11. Who among the following elevated as Blinkit cofounder?
A) Ajay Vaswani
B) Saurabh Kumar
C) Rishi Arora
D) Saurabh Gupta
E) Sajal Gupta
Answer: C) Rishi Arora
|Blinkit (Zomato) Co-Founder||Rishi Arora||Saurabh Kumar (last year)|
|Blinkit (Zomato) CTO||Sajal Gupta||He was former Zomato executive.|
|Investment Trust of India (ITI) Chief business officer||Ajay Vaswani|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 11
12. Kit detecting Covid-19 variants within how mqny seconds to be launched in India?
Answer: D) 20
- Biotechnology company Mylab Discovery Solutions and US-based Hemex Health have together announced the India launch of a kit that can reportedly detect all Covid-19 variants within 20 seconds.
- The kit is currently under review with the US FDA for Emergency Use Authorization and will be launched in Africa and the Middle East later this summer.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs July 11
13. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launchedhow many newly developed Artificial Intelligence products?
Answer: B) 75
- Launched 75 newly-developed Artificial Intelligence products during the first-ever symposium and exhibition on Artificial Intelligence in Defence in New Delhi.
- The products are in the domains of automation, robotics systems, cyber security, human behaviour analysis, intelligent monitoring system, logistics and supply chain management, Computer and Intelligence and Operational Data Analytics.
- The product was launched as part of the ‘AzadiKaAmritMahotsav’ celebrations.
- The Minister described Artificial Intelligence as a revolutionary step in the development of humanity.
14. INS Vikrant successfully completed ____ phase of sea trial?
Answer: D) 4th
- The fourth phase of Sea Trials for Indigenous Aircraft Carrier – Vikrant has been successfully completed during which integrated trials of the majority of equipment and systems onboard were undertaken.
- Defence Ministry said, the ship’s delivery is being targeted by the end of this month, followed by commissioning of the ship in August this year to commemorate AzadikaAmritMahotsav.
- The indigenous design and construction of Aircraft Carrier by Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard Limited is a shining example in the Nation’s quest for AatmaNirbhar Bharat and Make in India Initiative with more than 76 percent indigenous content.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 11
15. India provided 44,000 tn of urea to which country?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: E) Sri Lanka
- India has provided 44,000 tonnes of urea to Sri Lanka for meeting the domestic requirements in the current and next sowing seasons, Union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister Mansukh Mandaviya.
- The minister tweeted that 44,000 tonnes of urea fertilizer provided by India under the Line of Credit reached Colombo and handed over to the Sri Lanka government.
16. India to overtake which country as world’s most populated country in 2023: UN?
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: A) China
- India would be the world’s most populated country next year, surpassing China, a report by the United Nations.
- “India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country during 2023,” said the World Population Prospects 2022 by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division.
- In 2022, India’s population will only be slightly lower (at 1.412 billion) than China’s (1.426 billion), according to the report.
- And in 2050, the country is projected to have a population of 1.668 billion – way ahead of China’s 1.317 billion.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 11
17. India’s 1st elevated urban expressway to be operational by which year?
Answer: C) 2023
- Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways said that the Dwarka Expressway, which will be India’s first elevated urban expressway, will be operational by 2023.
- The expressway will relieve pressure on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway (a section of the Delhi-Jaipur-Ahmedabad-Mumbai arm of the Golden Quadrilateral)
- It is a 16-lane access-controlled highway with the provision of a minimum 3-lane service road on both sides.
- It is being developed at a total cost of Rs 9,000 crore with a total length of 29 km out of which 19 km length falls in Haryana while the remaining 10 km of length is in Delhi
- It begins from Shiv-Murti on NH-8 (Delhi-Gurugram expressway) and ends near KherkiDaula Toll Plaza, through Dwarka Sector 21, Gurugram border and Basai.
18. PM Modi unveils National Emblem cast on the roof of New Parliament Building,what is the height?
Answer: B) 6.5m
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the National Emblem cast on the roof of the New Parliament Building.
- He also interacted with the Shramjeevis involved in the construction work of the new Parliament.
- The National Emblem is made of bronze with a total weight of 9500 kilograms and is 6.5 meters in height.
- It has been cast at the top of the Central Foyer of New Parliament Building.
- A supporting structure of steel weighing around 6500 kilograms has also been constructed to support the Emblem.
- The concept sketch and process of casting the National Emblem on the roof of New Parliament Building has gone through eight different stages of preparation from clay modeling and computer graphics to bronze casting and polishing.
19. Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela to be held at more than how many locations across country?
Answer: D) 200
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will hold Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela as part of Prime Minister’s Skill India Mission.
- So far, over one lakh 88 thousand applicants have participated in the Apprenticeship Mela and more than 67 thousand apprenticeship offers have been made on the platform.
- The one-day event will feature 36 sectors and more than 1000 companies and 500 distinct sorts of trades.
- AIR correspondent reports that the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will host the event at more than 200 locations, giving applicants the opportunity to shape their careers through apprenticeship training.
- Candidates must have a 5th-12th grade pass certificate, a skill training certificate, an ITI Diploma, or a graduate degree to participate.
- The young and aspiring workforce will be able to choose among 500 plus trades such as welding, electrical work, housekeeping, beauticians, mechanic work, and more.
- Candidates will also earn National Council for Vocational Education and Training -recognized certifications, improving their employability after the training.
- The major purpose of this programme is to encourage companies to hire more apprentices while also assisting employers in discovering and developing their potential through training and practical skillsets.
20. BRO plans to invest how many crore to build roads in Arunachal this year?
Answer: E) 1400
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is eyeing to invest around Rs 1,400 crore for different projects in Arunachal Pradesh this year.
- The BRO is already building roads worth Rs 1,000 crore in the state, its additional director-general for Northeast PKH Singh.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology