Daily Current Affairs January 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 24| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 24
1. National Girl Child Day is observed on which date?
A) January 22
B) January 23
C) January 24
D) January 25
E) January 28
Answer: C) January 24
- Every year India observes National Girl Child Day on January 24 to raise awareness about the significance of education, rights, and health for girl children.
- Started by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in 2008, the day highlights the prevalent gender discrimination in India at several levels.
- In 2023, the Ministry of Women and Child Development have decided to celebrate National Girl Child Week from January 24 to 30.
International Day of Education:
- International Day of Education is celebrated on January 24 by the United Nations General Assembly to honor the importance of education in bringing peace and development.
- The theme of International Education Day 2023 is ‘To Invest in People, Prioritize Education.’
- UNESCO has dedicated this year’s International Education Day to the women of Afghanistan who are being deprived of their right to education.
- This year marks the 5th International Day of Education.
- The right to education is enshrined in article 26 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs January 23
2. BalkrishnaVithaldasDoshi passed away. He won Padma Bhushan award in which year?
Answer: E) 2020
- BalkrishnaVithaldasDoshi, a distinguished Indian architect who spent the previous 70 years as an urban planner and educator, passed away in his home state of Gujarat at the age of 95.
- He was one of only a handful of people worldwide and the only Indian to receive both the Royal Gold Medal and the Pritzker Architecture Prize, also known as the Nobel Prize for architecture.
- Doshi also received the prestigious Padma Shri in 1976, the Padma Bhushan in 2020, and the Pritzker Prize in 2018 for his exceptional accomplishments in the area of architecture.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs January 23
3. GANJAM district in which state has bagged the top honours in the country for generating man-days and providing 100 days of work to rural households under MGNREGA till January 22?
- GANJAM district has bagged the top honours in the country for generating man-days and providing 100 days of work to rural households under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) till January 22.
- Four days after Aska police station received the best police station status in the country, the administration’s achievement in rural employment scheme has come as a double bonanza.
- Rajasthan’s Barmer (2.18 crore) and Tiruvannamalai (2.13 crore) in Tamil Nadu were placed after Ganjam in terms of generating man days during the period.
- Similarly, Kandhamal district (35,141), Barmer (34,994) and Balangir (26,209) stood second, third and fourth respectively in the country in providing 100 days work to households during the fiscal.
4. According to the IFOAM -Organics International data, what is the rank of India in expanding organic farming in 2020?
- India has emerged as one of the top three countries in the world where the area under organic agriculture expanded the maximum in 2020, according to latest data.
- The total increase under organic cultivation globally in 2020 was 3 million hectares (mh), out of which Argentina accounted for 7,81,000 hectares (up by 21 per cent), followed by Uruguay at 5,89,000 hectares (28 per cent) and India at 3,59,000 hectares (16 per cent), according IFOAM -Organics International data.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 23
5. Which bank and Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd (AHFL) have entered into a co-lending agreement to offer home loans at competitive interest rates?
B)Punjab National Bank
D)Indian Overseas Bank
E)State Bank of India
Answer: B)Punjab National Bank
- Punjab National Bank and Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd have entered into co-lending agreement to offer homes loans at competitive interest rates.
- Through this partnership, aim to reach out to a larger section of the society viz economically weaker, lower and middle income group for providing easy, convenient and efficient home finance solutions to its customers.
- The co-lending framework of the Reserve Bank of India provides tool for the banks and NBFCs/ HFCs to collaborate and leverage their respective strengths to provide an affordable solutions to the unserved and undeserved sections of the society.
6. Which small finance bank launched SwipeUp platform that will provide an opportunity to other bank credit cardholders to upgrade their card to one of AU credit cards?
A) Capital Small Finance Bank
B) AU Small Finance Bank
C) Equitas Small Finance Bank
D) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
E) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
Answer: B) AU Small Finance Bank
- AU Small Finance Bank, India’s largest Small Finance Bank, has launched SwipeUp platform that will provide an opportunity to other bank credit cardholders to upgrade their card to one of AU credit cards.
- The bank has provided a platform to compare existing credit cards of customers within seconds. Thereafter, they can upgrade credit limit, cashback, reward points with a quick end-to-end digital process.
7. Tata Motors, which bank Tie Up To Offer Financing Solutions To Its Passenger EV Dealers?
B)Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer: D)ICICI Bank
- Tata Motors has partnered with ICICI Bank to offer financing solutions to its authorised passenger electric vehicle dealers.
- Under the partnership, ICICI Bank will provide inventory funding to the authorised passenger EV dealers in addition to the bank’s funding to dealers for diesel and petrol models.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 23
8. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has received approval from India’s central bank to name _______ as the lender’s chief executive officer in the country?
A) Prabhu Singh
B) Pradeep Singh
C) Prabdev Singh
D) Pandit Singh
E) Varun Singh
Answer: C) Prabdev Singh
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. has received approval from India’s central bank to name Prabdev Singh as the lender’s chief executive officer in the country.
- Singh had been JPMorgan’s interim CEO since November, replacing MadhavKalyan who — in October — was named head of payments for Asia Pacific.
- Singh, a trained engineer, had worked for a decade at HSBC Holdings Plc before joining JPMorgan in 2010.
9. The government has extended the tenure of Sangeeta Verma as the acting Chairperson of which organization?
- The government has extended the tenure of Sangeeta Verma as the acting Chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- Verma has been the acting Chairperson of the anti-trust regulator since October last year after Ashok Kumar Gupta demitted office as the full-time Chairperson.
10. Siddharth Sharma is appointed as CEO of ______?
A) Give India Foundation
B) Aadhar Foundation Mukati
C) New Friends Club
D) AadharSeva Trust
Answer: E)Tata Trusts
- Tata Trusts has announced the elevation of its internal candidate Siddharth Sharma as the chief executive officer, and has decided to bring Ford Foundation official
- AparnaUppalurion board as its chief operating officer.
- The appointments of the new CEO and COO will come into “effect from April 1, 2023”, said Tata Trusts, which holds a 66 percent stake in Tata Sons, the holding entity of the $128 billion salt-to-software conglomerate.
- Sharma, a former civil servant, will succeed N Srinath, who stepped down as the CEO of Tata Trusts last year following his retirement.
Shamalbhai B Patel named chairman of Amul
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) that markets milk and dairy products under the Amul brand announced the appointment of Shamalbhai B Patel as its chairman and ValamjibhaiHumbal as vice chairman.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs January 23
11. The 2023 edition of Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise ______, is currently underway in the Indian Ocean Region?
Answer: E) TROPEX
- The 2023 edition of Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise TROPEX(Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise), is currently underway in the Indian Ocean Region.
- This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation not only by all Indian Navy units but also of Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard assets.
- TROPEX 23 is being conducted over a duration of three months from Jan – Mar 23.
- Separately, the Navy also conducted the biennial tri-services amphibious exercise (AMPHEX) 2023 at Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh from January 17 to 22.
- The exercise was focused on joint training of elements of all three services in various facets of amphibious operations to enhance interoperability and synergy.
- The exercise witnessed the participation of a number of amphibious ships consisting of large platform dock, landing ships and landing crafts, marine commandos (MARCOS), helicopters and aircraft from the Indian Navy.
- The Indian Army participated in the exercise with over 900 troops which included special forces, artillery and armoured vehicles.
- Jaguar fighter jets and C 130 aircraft from the IAF also participated in the exercise.
12. Which organisation and Naval Group France sign pact to fit indigenous AIP system on Kalvari class submarines?
Answer: E) DRDO
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has signed an agreement with the Naval Group France under which the indigenous Fuel Cell-based Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system will soon be fitted on INS Kalvari.
- A statement by DRDO Monday said the agreement was signed between senior officials of NMRL and Naval Group France in Mumbai to extend cooperation to enter into the detailed design phase for integration of indigenous AIP in the Kalvari class submarines.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 23
13. Centre approves _______ credit for over 20,000 agri-infra projects?
Answer: D) ₹15,225 crore
- The Centre has approved ₹15,225 crore credit for over 20,000 projects so far, under Agriculture Infra Fund (AIF), but the disbursal rate (against sanctioned loan) by co-operatives is less than 15 per cent whereas it is near 80 per cent in case of banks.
- The AIF, launched in July 2020 for creation of post-harvest management infrastructure and community farm assets, has so far received 46,384 proposals seeking credit for ₹27,452 crore since its rollout, according to official data. The total disbursal of credit so far stands at ₹9,942 crore, which is 65 per cent of the sanctioned amount.
- The co-operative banks have disbursed ₹407 crore loans out of ₹3,044 crore approved whereas the banks (both public and private) have disbursed ₹9,535 crore out of ₹12,181 crore sanctioned. Under AIF scheme, the government has set a target of ₹1 lakh crore credit disbursal by 2025-26 and the interest subvention and credit guarantee assistance until 2032-33.
- Within two-and-a-half years of the implementation of the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF), the scheme has mobilised more than ₹30,000 crore for projects in the agriculture infrastructure sector with a sanctioned amount of ₹15,000 crore under AIF.
- With support of 3 per cent interest subsidy and credit guarantee support through CGTMSE for loan of up to ₹2 crore, AIF is providing all-round financial support to the farmers, agri-entrepreneurs, Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) and many others to create post-harvest management infrastructure and build community farming asset throughout the country.
14. GoI has launched the programme named _____ to digitise India’s Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) in a pilot mode in two districts of each state and Union Territory?
Answer: D) U-WIN
- GoI Named U-WIN, the programme to digitise India’s Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) has been launched in a pilot mode in two districts of each state and Union Territory.
- The platform will be used to register and vaccinate every pregnant woman, record her delivery outcome, register every newborn delivery, administer birth doses and all vaccination events thereafter.
- The platform that replicates Co-WIN, which has served as the “digital backbone” for India’s COVID-19 vaccination programme, was launched on January 11 in 65 districts.
- The U-WIN is going to be the single source of information for immunisation services, updating vaccination status, delivery outcome, planning of RI sessions and reports like antigen-wise coverage, etc
15. Which Ministry signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC), Ministry of Tourism to work together for the promotion of Medical Value Travel in Ayurveda and other traditional systems of medicine?
- The Ministry of Ayush signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC), Ministry of Tourism to work together for the promotion of Medical Value Travel in Ayurveda and other traditional systems of medicine
Shashi RanjanVidyarthi, Director, Ministry of Ayush and Piyush Tiwari, Director (Commercial and Marketing), ITDC signed the MoU in presence of Pramod Kumar Pathak, Special Secretary, MoA and other senior officials of Ministry of Ayush and ITDC.
- The implementation and progress of the MoU will be monitored by a Joint Working Group (JWG) co-chaired by representatives from MoA and ITDC.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance