Daily Current Affairs January 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 19
1. Who has announced the ICC Women’s T20 Team of the Year?
A) Smriti Mandhana
B) Mona Meshram
C) Mithali Raj
D) Harleen Deol
E) Veda Krishnamurthy
Answer: A) Smriti Mandhana
- The International Cricket Council announced the ICC Women’s T20 Team of the Year.
India’s Smriti Mandhana has been named alongside players from four other countries.
- The players from India, England, South Africa, Ireland and Zimbabwe are included in the team.
- Mandhana was India’s highest scorer in the shortest format of the game in 2021 with 255 runs at an average of 31.87 and scored two fifties in the nine matches.
- England’s top order batter Tammy Beaumont has played nine matches and amassed 303 runs at an average of 33.66, including three fifties.
- Women: Smriti Mandhana (India), Tammy Beaumont (England), Danni Wyatt (England), Gaby Lewis (Ireland), Nat Sciver (c) (England), Amy Jones (England), Laura Wolvaardt (South Africa), Marizanne Kapp (South Africa), Sophie Ecclestone (England), Loryn Phiri (Zimbabwe), Shabnim Ismail (South Africa).
- Men: Jos Buttler (England), Mohammad Rizwan (Paksitan), Babar Azam (c) (Pakistan), Aiden Markram (South Africa) , Mitchell Marsh (Australia), David Miller (South Africa), Tabraiz Shamsi (South Africa), Josh Hazlewood (Australia), Wanindu Hasanranga (Sri Lanka) , Mustafizur Rahaman (Bangladesh, Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan).
Babar named captain of ICC T20I Team of the Year:
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam has been named as the captain of the ICC Men’s T20I Team of the Year, the world cricket governing body announced.
- The team includes players from Australia, England, South Africa and Bangladesh.
- Pakistan skipper was at his best in the shortest format in 2021, leaving his best at the T20 World Cup where he ended the tournament as the leading run-scorer.
- Overall, Babar played 29 matches and aggregated 939 runs at an average of 37.56
- The ICC Team of the Year recognises eleven outstanding individuals who have impressed one and all, be it with the bat, the ball or their all-round exploits in a calendar year.
- The year 2021 was a breakthrough year for Sri Lankan bowler Wanindu Hasaranga, who established himself as one of the best spinners in the shortest format.
- He claimed 36 wickets in 20 matches at 11.63, while also scoring 196 runs.
2. The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 ceremony was held virtually in ____?
Answer: D) Switzerland
- The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 ceremony was held virtually in Zurich, Switzerland.
|Best FIFA Men’s Player||Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Poland)|
|Best FIFA Women’s Player||Alexia Putellas (Barcelona, Spain)|
|Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper||Édouard Mendy (Chelsea, Senegal)|
|Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper||Christiane Endler
(Paris Saint-Germain and Lyon, Chile)
|Best FIFA Men’s Coach||Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea, Germany)|
|Best FIFA Women’s Coach||Emma Hayes (Chelsea, England)|
|FIFA Fair Play Award||Denmark national football team
and medical staff
|FIFA Special Award for an Outstanding Career Achievement||Christine Sinclair (Female) &
Cristiano Ronaldo (Male)
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs January 19
3. Narayan Debnath passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: B) Cartoonist
- Veteran Bengali cartoonist Narayan Debnath, the creator of comic characters ‘Bantul The Great’, ‘Handa Bhonda’ and ‘Nonte Phonte’ succumbed to prolonged illness at a south Kolkata nursing.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 19
4. Which organization launched its mobile App — Saa₹thi– to create awareness among investors about the basic concepts of securities market?
Answer: D) SEBI
- Amid the growing trend of stock trading through mobiles, capital markets regulator Sebi launched its mobile App — Saa₹thi– to create awareness among investors about the basic concepts of securities market.
- Launching the app, Sebi chairman Ajay Tyagi said, ”This mobile App is yet another initiative of Sebi with a view to empowering investors with knowledge about securities market”.
- With the recent surge in individual investors entering the market, and more importantly a large proportion of trading being mobile phone based, this App will be helpful in easily accessing the relevant information, he added.
- He, further, said that in coming times this App will be popular among investors especially the young ones.
- The Sebi mobile App aims to create awareness among the investors about the basic concepts of securities market, KYC process, trading and settlement, mutual funds, recent market developments, investor grievances redressal mechanism, etc.
- The App is available in Hindi and English.
- The Android and iOS versions of the App can be downloaded from Play Store and App Store respectively.
- Tyagi said that the App would be made available in regional languages going forward.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs January 19
5. The Blue Book: A Writer’s Journal is authored by whom?
A) Michael Wolff
B) Valerie Biden Owens
C) Kavitha Rao
D) Aditya R. Nighhot
E) Amitava Kumar
Answer: E) Amitava Kumar
- HarperCollins Publishers India is delighted to announce The Blue Book: A Writer’s Journal by Amitava Kumar.
ICAAP and NCDC Jointly Release a Handbook on Global Good Practices for Cooperatives:
- ICAAP President Dr Chandra Pal Singh Yadavand NCUI President Dileep Sanghanion jointlyreleased a policy recommendation handbook on SAHAKAR PRAGYA Good Practices for Cooperatives based on a ‘Brain Storming Session on International Good Practices Platform for Cooperatives’ conducted earlier by Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC) of NCDC.
- It is expected to help cooperatives in India and abroad to innovate and adopt best models not only to stay competitive, but also distinguish themselves as successful commercial entities.
- MD NCDC Sundeep Nayak and National President Sahakar Bharati DN Thakur were also present in the function held at NCDC headquarters.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 19
6. Dileep Sanghani elected as chairman of which organisation?
Answer: E) IFFCO
- Dileep Sanghani has been elected as chairman of the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO).
- The election was held, IFFCO said in a statement.
- These elections were held due to the demise of incumbent Chairman Balvinder Singh Nakai earlier on October 11, 2021.
- The elected board of directors of IFFCO unanimously elected Dileep Sanghani as the 17th chairman of the Cooperative.
- He was earlier serving as the IFFCO vice-chairman.
- Sanghani was elected as the vice-chairman of IFFCO in the year 2019.
Vikram Dev Dutt appointed Air India chief, Manish Kumar Gupta is new Vice Chairman of DDA:
- Senior bureaucrat Vikram Dev Dutt was appointed as the new chief of the loss-making national carrier Air India, which is slated to be handed over to the Tata Sons.
- Dutt’s appointment was part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre in which Manish Kumar Gupta was appointed as Vice Chairman of Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and Pankaj Agrawal as the new Director General (Acquisition) in the Defence Ministry.
- In other appointments, Gupta, a 1991-batch IAS officer and at present Principal Commissioner in the DDA, was made the Vice Chairman of the Authority.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 19
7. India & which country agree to work together on green fuels including green hydrogen?
Answer: C) Denmark
- India & Denmark agreed to initiate joint research and development on green fuels including green hydrogen, during the Joint S&T Committee meeting on 14th January 2022.
- The Joint Committee discussed national strategic priorities and developments in Science, Technology, and Innovation of both countries with a special focus on green solutions of the future – strategy for investments in green research, technology, and innovation at the virtual meeting.
8. Nusantara is new capital of which country?
Answer: D) Indonesia
- Indonesia has named Nusantara as its new capital after the lawmakers approved the shift from Jakarta to Kalimantan.
- According to CNN, concerns over the sustainability of the congested and rapidly sinking political center of Jakarta prompted the need for a new capital, and the nation’s House of Representatives officially passed a bill regarding the relocation.
- In 2019, President Joko Widodo had first announced that the capital would be relocated over concerns over Jakarta’s environmental and economic sustainability.
- Jakarta is prone to flooding as it is on a swampy ground near the sea. According to the World Economic Forum, it is one of the fastest sinking cities.
- Jakarta has been dropping into the Java Sea at an alarming rate due to over-extraction of groundwater, CNN reported.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 19
9. Who launches E-newsletter during e-inauguration of main building of CRC?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Arjun Munda
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
E) Virendra Kumar
Answer: E) Virendra Kumar
- Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched Department’s first bi-monthly E-newsletter during the e-inauguration of main building of Composite Regional Centre for Skill Development, Rehabilitation & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (CRC), Kozhikode.
- The basic mantra of our Government is Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas.
- We hope that this e-newsletter will play an important role in this direction.
- I hope the department will do everything possible to make this e-newsletter more useful.” said by Dr. Virendra Kumar during the launch of Department’s first bi-monthly e-Newsletter.
- He also e–inaugurated the administrative building of THE CRCSRE, Kozhikode which has been constructed in an area of about 48,000 sq ft at a cost of about Rs 20 crore with the object of providing various services to Divyangjan staying in Kerala.
- Various services will be provided under one roof for divyangs in the newly constructed building of CRC, Kozhikode clinical and rehabilitation services etc will be provided under one roof.
10. Cabinet approves ______ additional equity infusion in IREDA?
A) Rs 1,500 cr
B) Rs 2,500 cr
C) Rs 3,500 cr
D) Rs 4,500 cr
E) Rs 5,500 cr
Answer: A) Rs 1,500 cr
- The government approved equity infusion of Rs 1,500 crore in the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), which would raise its additional lending capacity by Rs 12,000 crore.
- The enhanced lending capacity will enable IREDA to finance addition renewable energy capacity of up 4000MW.
- Present loan book size of IREDA is around Rs 27,000 crore.
- IREDA, a mini ‘ratna’ company under the administrative control of MNRE (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy) was set up in 1987 to work as a specialised non-banking finance agency for the RE sector.
- IREDA with more than 34 years of techno-commercial expertise, plays a catalytic role in the RE project financing which gives confidence to the FIs/banks to lend in the sector.
Union Cabinet approves scheme for grant of ex-gratia payment of difference between compound, simple interest for six months:
- The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a scheme for grant of ex-gratia payment of the difference between compound interest and simple interest for six months to borrowers in specified loan accounts with an aim to help small borrowers bear the stress on account of the pandemic and get back on their feet.
- According to a press release by the Cabinet, the cabinet approved the payment of the ex-gratia amount of Rs. 973.74 crore pertaining to remaining claims submitted by Lending Institutions (LIs) under Scheme for grant of ex-gratia payment of the difference between compound interest and simple interest for six months to borrowers in specified loan accounts from March 1, 2020, to August 31, 2020.
- The category of borrowers eligible for ex-gratia payment under the scheme include MSME loans up to Rs 2 crore, education loans up to Rs. 2 crore, housing loans up to Rs. 2 crore, consumer durable loans up to Rs. 2 crore, auto loans up to Rs. 2 crore, personal loans to professionals up to Rs. 2 crore and consumption loans up to Rs. 2 crore, according to the press release.
Cabinet sanctions Rs 974 cr to SBI for ex-gratia payment to borrowers:
- The government approved sanction of Rs 973.74 crore to State Bank of India (SBI) as reimbursement related to loan moratorium that was implemented in 2020 amid the pandemic.
- This amount is for the payment of claims submitted by lending institutions (LIs) under the scheme for grant of ex-gratia to borrowers in specified loan accounts during the moratorium period announced by RBI in March 2020.
- Briefing media on the Cabinet decision, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur said the Budget had made provision of Rs 5,500 crore for the scheme of ex-gratia payment of difference between compound interest and simple interest for six months to borrowers in specified loan accounts.
- Of this, Rs 4,626.93 crore payment was made in 2020-21, he said, adding, additional claims of Rs 1,846 crore were received during the current financial year.
- SBI was given Rs 873.07 crore towards reimbursement of ex-gratia between July 23 and September 22, 2021.
- To clear the remaining amount, Thakur said, the Union Cabinet has approved sanction of Rs 973.74 crore to SBI towards payment of these dues.
- On March 27, 2020, RBI announced a loan moratorium on payment of instalments of term loans falling due between March 1 and May 31, 2020, due to the pandemic.
- Later, the same was extended to August 31.
- Financial and non-banking financial institutions were asked to credit the difference between compound and simple interest collected on loans of up to Rs 2 crore during the moratorium scheme in November 2020.
- The scheme covered MSME loans, education loans, housing loans, consumer durable loans, credit card dues, auto loans, personal loans to professionals and consumption loans up to Rs 2 crore.
- Budget 2020-21 allocation of Rs 5,500 crore has been disbursed to SBI, the nodal agency under the scheme, for consequent reimbursement to lending institutions.
11. Who inaugurates Madhavbaug’s Power MAP, India’s first Intelligent Chronic Disease Patients Habit Tracking System?
A) Nitin Gadkari
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Arjun Munda
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
E) Virendra Kumar
Answer: A) Nitin Gadkari
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari, on 15th January 2022, inaugurated Madhavbaug’s (Vaidya Sane Ayurved Labs Ltd), Power MAP, in a ceremony that was held digitally.
- Power MAP is a medical analytics application developed by Madhavbaug under the trusted leadership of their CEO, Dr Rohit Sane.
- The application is built for doctors to help them get necessary medical intelligence regarding a patient’s clinical parameters to reverse their chronic diseases effectively.
- The Power MAP application integrates various medical services like pathology labs, dietitians, exercise experts, stress counsellors and other specialised consultants who follow a synergistic approach to support the doctor to help improve the health outcomes of patients – all at a click of a button.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors