Daily Current Affairs January 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 05 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 05
1. The International Boxing Association (IBA) has renewed its partnership with the International Testing Agency for how many years?
Answer: C) 3
- The IBA first entered into an agreement with ITA after.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs January 05
2. Sindhutai Sapkal passed away. He was related to which field?
B) Vice Admiral
C) Social Worker
Answer: C) Social Worker
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoled the death of Padma Shri recipient Sindhutai Sapkal stating that the renowned social worker would be remembered for her noble service to society, including for children and marginalised communities.
- Sapkal, who was popularly referred to as “Mai”, ran an orphanage in Pune where she adopted more than 1,000 orphan children.
- She was conferred with Padma Shri in 2021 for her contribution to society.
3. Viktor Saneyev passed away. He was related to which sports?
C) Triple jump
Answer: C) Triple jump
- Jump great Viktor Saneyev, a three-time Olympic champion and former world record-holder, has died aged 76.
- Born in Georgia in 1945, he competed for the USSR but has passed away in Australia, where he had spent his final years following the break-up of the Soviet Union.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 05
4. Which organisation has cancelled the authorisation certificates of Muthoot Vehicle and Asset Finance Ltd and Eko India Financial Services Private Ltd for non-compliance with regulatory requirements?
Answer: E) RBI
5. Which bank launched the Cyber Security Awareness Kit and inaugurated an automated VAPT (Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing) lab at its Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CoE)?
A) South Indian Bank
B) Union Bank of India
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) Union Bank of India
6. Which insurance company has announced the launch of a campaign to increase awareness of Indians around the need to buy health insurance to save tax?
A) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
D) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
E) SBI General Insurance
Answer: E) SBI General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance has announced the launch of a campaign to increase awareness of Indians around the need to buy health insurance to save tax.
- The campaign #BahaneChhodoTaxBachao will also underline other benefits of opting for health insurance.
- The campaign has a humorous tone to bring out the barriers people have for not buying or procrastinating to buy health insurance, she added.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs January 05
7. Which company became the first company to hit a $3 trillion stock market value?
E) Bharti Airtel
Answer: B) Apple
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 05
8. Who have been promoted as executive directors of the Reserve Bank of India?
1) Deepak Kumar
3) Ajay Kumar Choudhary
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Only 3
D) Only 1 & 3
E) Only 1 & 2
Answer: D) Only 1 & 3
- Deepak Kumar and Ajay Kumar Choudhary have been promoted as executive directors of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the central bank said
- Prior to being promoted as ED, Kumar was heading the Department of Information Technology of the RBI, while Choudhary was Chief General Manager-in-Charge, Department of Supervision.
- As executive director, Kumar will look after the Foreign Exchange Department, Department of Communication and Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI.
- Kumar has, over a span of three decades, worked in RBI’s Central Office departments covering policymaking and project management functions in the areas of information technology, cyber security, payment systems, currency management, human resource management, banking supervision and foreign exchange management.
- Choudhary will look after the Fintech Department, Risk Monitoring Department and Inspection Department.
- Choudhary has, over a period of three decades, served in supervision, regulation, currency management, payments and settlements, and other areas in the Reserve Bank, in its Central Office as well as regional offices.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 05
9. Which country becomes 102nd member of International Solar Alliance?
C) Antigua and Barbuda
E) Costa Rica
Answer: C) Antigua and Barbuda
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 05
10. The Indian Navy has inducted two more Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft. The two aircraft, manufactured by ____?
D) BAE Systems
E) Lockheed Martin
Answer: B) Boeing
- The Indian Navy has inducted two more Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft, in a boost to its surveillance capabilities in the Indian Ocean in the face of China’s increasing forays into the region.
- On arrival, the two aircraft were welcomed by a MiG 29K formation, he said.
- The Indian Navy had acquired the first batch of eight P-8I aircraft in 2013.
11. Which ministry launches Smart cities and Academia Towards Action & Research program?
A) Home Ministry
B) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
C) Finance Ministry
D) Women & Child Development Ministry
E) Civil Aviation Ministry
Answer: B) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
- As part of the Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav (AKAM) celebrations across the country, the Smart Cities Mission, MoHUA has launched “Smart cities and Academia Towards Action & Research (SAAR)” program, a joint initiative of MoHUA, National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) and leading Indian academic institutions of the country.
- Under the program, 15 premier architecture & planning institutes of the country will be working with Smart Cities to document landmark projects undertaken by the Smart Cities Mission.
- Since the start of the Mission in 2015, the 100 Smart Cities have been developing a total of 5,151 projects with an investment of Rs. 2,05,018 crore.
- The first activity envisaged under SAAR is to prepare a compendium of 75 landmark urban projects in India under the Smart City Mission.
12. Who launched the theme of National Science Day 2022?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Arjun Munda
D) Jitendra Singh
E) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: D) Jitendra Singh
- Union Science and Technology Minister, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the theme of National Science Day 2022.
- The theme of this year is ‘Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for Sustainable Future’.
- The National Science Day is observed every year on 28th February to mark the discovery of the Raman effect.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh releases Special Postage Stamp commemorating 75th Platinum Jubilee year of CSIR-National Physical Lab:
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Jitendra Singh released a Special Postage Stamp commemorating the 75th Platinum Jubilee year of CSIR-National Physical Laboratory in New Delhi.
- Lauding the role of National Physical Laboratory, Dr Jitendra Singh said, it is a monumental illustration of country’s incredible scientific journey in the last 75 years.
13. Which city to get India’s first heli-hub with all aviation facilities?
Answer: E) Gurugram
- The Haryana government has proposed to set up the first heli-hub of the country in Gurugram designed to have many aviation facilities like heliport, hangars, repairs, and any other related services.
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said this heli-hub is proposed to be the first of its kind in the country to have all the facilities at one place for helicopters.
- Chautala holds the portfolio of the Civil Aviation Department.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy