Daily Current Affairs January 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 01 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 01
1. 64th foundation day of which organisation observed on January 1?
Answer: B) DRDO
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is celebrating its 64th foundation day on January 1.
- It was on this day in 1958 when DRDO was formed to make India strong and self-reliant in terms of science and technology and especially in military technologies.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 01
2. P Iniyan finished third in the Lorca Open 2021 chess tournament. He was related to which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Tamil Nadu
- The 19-year-old Iniyan scored seven points from nine rounds, winning seven games while losing two including in the final round to Karen H Grigoryan (Armenia).
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 01
3. Match the Interest rates over their Instruments given below?
|5-year National Savings Certificate||6.9|
|Public Provident Fund||6.8|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||4|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana||7.1|
|5-year National Savings Certificate||6.8|
|Public Provident Fund||7.1|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||6.9|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana||7.6|
- The government has decided to keep the interest rates unchanged on small savings schemes or post office schemes for the January-March quarter of FY 2021-22.
- The Ministry of Finance made this announcement via a circular dated December 31, 2021.
- What this means is that for the quarter ending March 31, 2022, investors in small savings schemes like the Public Provident Fund (PPF) and Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) will continue to earn the same interest rate as they were earning during the quarter ending December 31, 2021.
Interest rates on post office deposit schemes:
|Instrument||Interest rate (%) from January 1, 2022||Compounding frequency|
|1 year Time Deposit||5.5||Quarterly|
|2 year Time Deposit||5.5||Quarterly|
|3 year Time Deposit||5.5||Quarterly|
|5 year Time Deposit||6.7||Quarterly|
|5-year Recurring Deposit||5.8||Quarterly|
|5-year Senior Citizen Savings Scheme||7.4||Quarterly and Paid|
|5-year Monthly Income Account||6.6||Monthly and Paid|
|5-year National Savings Certificate||6.8||Annually|
|Public Provident Fund||7.1||Annually|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||6.9 (will mature in 124 months)||Annually|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana||7.6||Annually|
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 01
4. Who is the appointed as new Director-General of the Indian Coast Guard?
A) Ashok Singh Pathania
B) Sathish Singh Pathania
C) Varun Singh Pathania
D) Virender Singh Pathania
E) Sudhan Singh Pathania
Answer: D) Virender Singh Pathania
- He was appointed as the new Director-General of the Indian Air Force (IAF) by the government on December 31.
- The ace chopper pilot has been appointed as the new Director-General of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) which is in charge of the security of over 7,000 km-long coastline of the country.
- Pathania who hails from Himachal Pradesh is the first chopper pilot from the force to get command of the Coast Guard.
5. S. Balachandran concurrently accredited as next High Commissioner of India to which country?
Answer: E) Barbados
6. Who is appointed as new chairman, CEO of Railway Board?
A) Sudhan Kumar Tripathi
B) Virender Kumar Tripathi
C) Varun Kumar Tripathi
D) Vinay Kumar Tripathi
E) Karthik Kumar Tripathi
Answer: D) Vinay Kumar Tripathi
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Vinay Kumar Tripathi, General Manager, North Eastern Railway to the post of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Railway Board, New Delhi.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved a six-month extension, that is, upto December 2022.
- As per an official statement from North Eastern Railway, Tripathi did B Tech (Electrical Engineering) from Roorkee and joined railways through the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE) batch of 1983.
7. Amir Subhani is appointed as new Chief Secretary of which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Bihar
- Amir Subhani, the 1987 batch IAS topper, was appointed the new chief secretary of Bihar, according to a government notification.
- According to a notification issued by the General Administration Department, Subhani will take charge on January 1.
- He will replace Tripurari Sharan, who will retire on December 31.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 01
8. The gross GST revenue collected in the month of December 2021 is ____?
A) Rs 1,39,780 crore
B) Rs 1,49,780 crore
C) Rs 1,59,780 crore
D) Rs 1,69,780 crore
E) Rs 1,29,780 crore
Answer: E) Rs 1,29,780 crore
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of December 2021 is Rs 1,29,780 crore of which CGST is Rs 22,578 crore, SGST is Rs 28,658 crore, IGST is Rs 69,155 crore (including Rs 37,527 crore collected on import of goods) and cess is Rs 9,389 crore (including Rs 614 crore collected on import of goods), informed the Ministry of Finance.
- The total revenue of the Centre and the States in the month of December 2021 after settlements is Rs 48,146 crore for CGST and Rs 49,760 crore for the SGST.
- The revenues for the month of December 2021 are 13 per cent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year and 26 per cent higher than the GST revenues in December 2019.
- During the month, revenues from import of goods were 36 per cent higher and the revenues from domestic transactions (including import of services) are 5 per cent higher than the revenues from these sources during the same month last year.
9. Who released the 10th instalment of financial benefit under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme via video conferencing?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) Subhas Sarkar
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the 10th installment of financial benefit under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme via video conferencing in the national capital.
- During the event, the Prime Minister also released an equity grant of more than
Rs 14 crores to about 351 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), which will benefit more than 1.24 lakh farmers.
- Under the PM-KISAN scheme, a financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is provided to the eligible beneficiary farmer families, payable in three equal four-monthly installments of Rs 2,000 each.
- The fund is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. In this scheme, Samman Rashi of over Rs 1.6 lakh crore has been transferred to farmer families so far.
Government sets up multiple task forces for 6G development:
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) formed as many as six academia-driven task forces under the Technology Innovation Group (TIG) on sixth-generation or 6G technology, making industry representation only symbolic.
- The new task groups are headed by Bhaskar Ramamurthy, director, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Chennai, Abhay Karandikar, director, IIT-Kanpur, Bharadwaj Amrutur, director, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, Kiran Kumar Kuchi, director, IIT-Hyderabad on multi-platform for next generation networks, spectrum policy, multi-disciplinary innovative solutions, and devices respectively.
10. Which company has delivered the third of the four planned 50 Ton Bollard Pull Tug (Balraj) to the Indian Navy?
A) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
Answer: A) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL) has delivered the third of the four planned 50 Ton Bollard Pull Tug (Balraj) to the Indian Navy.
- The Tug is the 199th vessel being built and delivered by Shipyard, the company said in a release here.
- The fourth tug of the series is also ready for delivery and with this delivery in Jan 2022, HSL will achieve a milestone of 200th vessel built since inception in 1941.
11. Which state launched a Free Mobile Tablet scheme for students?
Answer: E) Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched a Free Mobile Tablet scheme for students.
- About 2 lakh 65 thousand students of Class 10 and 12 of degree colleges and state schools will get benefit from this scheme, as per government data.
- The state government official said that Rs 12,000 was given by the DBT for buying mobile tablets to class 10 and 12 students of state government schools.
- Chief Minister Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami distributed free tablets to 100 girl students of the Government Girls Inter College of Dehradun’s Rajpur Road.
- This programme was organised in all the 70 Vidhan Sabhas of the state.
- The Chief Minister also announced that an auditorium would be built at Government Girls Inter College, Rajpur Road.
12. Which ministry launches 100-day reading campaign ‘Padhe Bharat’?
A) Home Ministry
B) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
C) Education Ministry
D) Women & Child Development Ministry
E) Sports Ministry
Answer: C) Education Ministry
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will be launching a 100 days Reading Campaign ‘Padhe Bharat’ on Saturday to improve learning levels of students, according to officials.
- The campaign marks an important step to improve learning levels of students as it develops creativity, critical thinking, vocabulary and the ability to express both verbally and in writing.
- It helps children to relate to their surroundings and real life situation, they said.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance