Daily Current Affairs February 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 05 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 05
1. International Day of Human Fraternity 2022:
- The International Day of Human Fraternity is marked on 4 February to promote cultural and religious tolerance and coexistence.
- UNGA adopted the Declaration and Programme of Action on a Culture of Peace, under resolution 53/243 in 1999.
- The meeting between Pope Francis and the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Ahmad al-Tayyib, led to the signing of the “Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace & living Together” on 4 February, 2019.
- The day was first marked on 4 February 2021, with an event organised by the UN Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) along with the Higher Committee of Human Fraternity and the Permanent Missions of the United Arab Emirates and Egypt to the United Nations.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 05
2. FIFA launches innovative FIFA Talent Development Scheme:
- FIFA has launched an innovative FIFA Talent Development Scheme (TDS), offering bespoke assistance to member associations (MAs) to help them achieve their full potential and continuing the measures taken to reduce the disparity in the level of football between different regions of the world.
- TDS is part of FIFA’s collaborative work with MAs to increase global competitiveness.
- FIFA is increasing its investment through a holistic approach to technical and education projects; also represented by new performance analysis and insights on the field as well as the FIFA Training Centre (https://bit.ly/3pmo5Tm), launched in 2021.
- FIFA Chief of Global Football Development Arsène Wenger .
- The FIFA President’s Vision 2020-2023 targets work towards the goal of having 50 national teams and 50 clubs competing at the highest level for global silverware.
3. Norway’s Therese Johaug wins first gold medal of Beijing Winter Olympics:
- Norwegian skier Therese Johaug won the first gold medal of the Beijing Olympics as sport moved centre stage after a troubled build-up dominated by coronavirus and rights concerns.
- Johaug was a comfortable winner of the women’s 7.5-plus-7.5-kilometre skiathlon in what is expected to be the first of many cross-country skiing medals for Norway at these Games.
- Dinigeer Yilamujiang, 20-year-old Uyghur who was chosen by China as one of two athletes to light the cauldron in opening ceremony, finished 43rd in the skiathlon race.
- Campaigners say China has incarcerated at least one million people from mostly Muslim minorities, notably Uyghurs, in “re-education camps” in Xinjiang.
- The United States, Britain, Canada and Australia are among countries staging a diplomatic boycott of the Games over China’s rights record, and particularly the fate of the Uyghurs.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 05
4. Janga Reddy who was one of only two BJP MPs in Lok Sabha in 1984 passes away:
- Chandupatla Janga Reddy, former BJP MP passed away.
- A Jan Sangh activist from his early days, Mr. Reddy dedicated his life to the ideology of the Jan Sangh and later the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Known as a giant killer for defeating the Congress stalwart P.V. Narasimha Rao, from Hanamakonda Parliament constituency in 1984, who later went on to become the Prime Minister of the country, Reddy was one of the two BJP MPs in the Lok Sabha.
- The other was A.K Patel elected from Mehsana in Gujarat.
- Even the top BJP leaders including Atal Behari Vajpayee lost the election held in the aftermath of Indira Gandhi’s assassination.
- Reddy was also elected thrice to the Assembly in the combined Andhra Pradesh.
- He represented Parkal constituency from 1967 to 72 as a Jan Sangh member; Shayampet constituency from 1978 to 83 as Janata Party member and again from 1983 to 84 as member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 05
5. Samsung Surpasses Intel As World’s Top Semiconductor Company In 2021 Powered By Memory Chip Business And Momentum In Logic ICs:
- Samsung Electronics surpassed U.S chipmaker Intel to become the world’s leading chipmaker by revenue in 2021, according to a report released by Counterpoint Technology Market Research.
- Samsung took the lead with a strong DRAM and NAND flash market performance in 2021. Samsung also saw solid momentum in logic chips this year.
Top 10 Semiconductor Vendors by Revenue, Worldwide, 2021:
|2021 Rank||2020 Rank||Vendor|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 05
6. ICICI Lombard introduces Face Scan Feature to its app:
- ICICI Lombard has introduced a face scan feature to its app, IL TakeCare (ILTC), enabling the checking of vitals in couple of minutes.
- This has been introduced under the ‘Know Your Health Vitals’, that helps users keep track of vitals such as blood pressure, SpO2(oxygen saturation), heart rate, respiration rate, heart rate variability, and stress level, all without any additional devices and from the comfort and safety of their homes.
- This provides access to teleconsultation at the customer’s convenience via audio, video, and chat, wellness blogs, and cloud-based storage for all policy-related documents.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs February 05
7. Cipla to buy 32.49 pc stake in solar power firm:
- Drug major Cipla has signed a pact to acquire 32.49 % stake in AMP Energy Green Eleven to set up a captive solar power project in Maharashtra.
- The company has entered into a shareholder’s agreement along with the power purchase agreement to acquire up to 32.49 per cent stake on a fully diluted basis in AMP Energy Green Eleven (Based on Mumbai).
- AMP Energy Green Eleven was incorporated on November 21, 2020, and is engaged in the business of generating and supplying electrical power generated using solar energy.
- Cipla said its Global Chief Financial Officer Kedar Upadhye has resigned from the company.
- Upadhye will serve his full notice period of three months upto close of business hours of May 3, 2022.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs February 05
8. ‘Golden Boy Neeraj Chopra’ penned by Navdeep Gill released:
- The Chairman, Punjab Kala Parishad Dr. Surjit Patar and President, Punjabi Sahit Akademi Dr. Lakhwinder Singh Johal released the short biography of Tokyo Olympics-2021 Gold Medal winner Neeraj Chopra titled ‘Golden Boy Neeraj Chopra’ penned by sports author Navdeep Singh Gill.
- In ceremony held at the Punjabi Bhawan Ludhiana, the literary masterpiece was dedicated to the people amid the presence of the author and his family members.
- It is the 7th book written by the author and the 6th one placing focus on the sports as well as the sportspersons.
- The book has been brought out by the Lokgeet Prakashan and is an excellent piece from the genre of children’s literature.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 05
9. India’s Akbar Ebrahim nominated as president of FIA’s International Karting Commission:
- FMSCI president Akbar Ebrahim has earned the rare distinction of being nominated as the president of FIA’s International Karting Commission (CIK).
- The Commission Internationale de Karting (CIK) is the international sanctioning body for kart racing and consists of 37 members across the globe.
- UK’s John Ryan has also been nominated as the Vice-President of the Commission.
- As president of the CIK (Commission Internationale de Karting), Akbar Ebrahim also gets a seat on the FIA World Motor Sports Council.
- He is the first Indian ever to be elevated to this prestigious position.
10. Bata India ropes in Disha Patani as brand ambassador:
- Footwear maker Bata India Limited has on-boarded Bollywood actor Disha Patani as the new brand ambassador.
- Patani will be seen promoting various popular labels under the Bata umbrella.
- The move comes as Bata aims to appeal younger shoppers and position itself as a “fashion forward” brand.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 05
11. CISF adjudged ‘best marching contingent’ in Republic Day-2022 parade:
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) contingent has been adjudged as the ‘best marching contingent’ amongst all paramilitary forces and other auxiliary marching contingents that took part in Republic Day-2022 parade at Rajpath.
- This is the seventh time that the CISF Contingent has won the “Best Marching Contingent” award.
- Earlier CISF contingent was adjudged Best Marching Contingent in 2007, 2008, 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2020.
- The CISF’s marching contingent consisted of 99 officers and men, including one Assistant Commandant, two women Sub-Officers and 96 of other ranks in the CISF.
- It was led by Assistant Commandant Mohnish Bagree”.
- The Contingent of CISF has been adjudged the “Best Marching Contingent” amongst Para-Military Forces and other Auxiliary Marching Contingents,”.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 05
12. NASA launching four CubeSats to space:
- NASA’s first mission under the agency’s Venture Class Launch Services (VCLS) Demonstration 2 contract is scheduled to launch four CubeSats to space.
- The CubeSats, which make up the agency’s 41st Educational Launch of Nanosatellites (ELaNa) mission, will be the first VCLS launch from Space Launch Complex 46 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida and Astra Space Inc’s first operational satellite launch aboard its Rocket 3.3.
- Three universities and one NASA center developed the CubeSats, which are a type of small satellite.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 05
13. Western Air Command Annual Aerospace Safety Council Meet 2022 held:
- Western Air Command Annual Aerospace Safety Council Meet (AASCM) 2022 was held at its headquarters in Delhi on 04 February 22.
- Adhering to the Covid protocols, the meeting was held in hybrid mode through Video Tele-conferencing. AASCM was chaired by Air Marshal Amit Dev, PVSM AVSM VSM ADC, Air Officer Commanding in Chief, WAC.
- In his closing address Air Marshal Amit Dev emphasised the importance of Aerospace Safety in the challenging and dynamic environment.
14. Dept of Fisheries approves projects worth Rs 5,918 cr under PMMSY:
- The Department of Fisheries has approved projects worth Rs 5,918 crore of various state governments and other agencies under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- Department of fisheries is implementing a flagship scheme namely PMMSY to bring about ‘Blue Revolution’ through sustainable development of the fisheries sector with an investment of Rs 20,050 crore for a period of five years, starting 2020-21 to 2024-25 in all states/union territories.
- ”Implementation of the PMMSY commenced during 2020-21 and during 2020-21 to 2021-22 (till date), the Department of Fisheries has accorded approval of project proposals of various states governments, UTs, and other agencies to the tune of Rs 5,917.81 crore under PMMSY.
15. Health Ministry to organize ‘chintan shivir’ on Feb 5-6:
- The Union Health Ministry will organize a two-day workshop “chintan shivir – Heal by India” this weekend.
- The theme of the chintan shivir is “Heal by India – Supply of healthcare workers to the World.”
- It is to be held at National Institute for Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi on February 5-6.
- During the workshop, there will be presentations and discussions by the National Medical Commission, the Dental Council of India, and other medical councils and bodies.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors
Science and Technology