Daily Current Affairs February 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 04 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 04
1. World Cancer Day 2022:
- World Cancer Day is observed annually on February 4.
- It is an initiative of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). History:
- World Cancer Day was born on the 4 February 2000 at the World Summit Against Cancer for the New Millennium in Paris.
- Theme: “Close the Care Gap”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 04
2. India’s Suhana Saini wins bronze at WTT Youth Contender Tunis championship:
- Indian paddler Suhana Saini claimed a bronze medal after losing to Romania’s Elena Zaharia in the under-19 girls semifinals at WTT Youth Contender Tunis 2022 championships in the Tunisian capital.
- The Haryana girl fought hard against her Romanian opponent before losing 11-9 9-11 10-12 11-13.
- In the third and fourth games, the Indian had the opportunity to make a comeback, but the U-19 world no 1 Elena held her nerves to outwit Suhana.
- Earlier in the quarterfinals, she defeated Egyptian Farida Badawy 11-9 11-4 11-8 in a one-sided contest.
- The Indian had claimed three bronze medals at the World Youth Championships in December last year.
3. Hasnain banned after illegal bowling:
- Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Hasnain has been banned after his action was declared illegal.
- The ban rules out the 21-year-old speedster from Pakistan’s home series against Australia next month.
- He has also been banned from bowling in the Pakistan Super League and will instead begin immediate remedial work.
- Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) received a formal and detailed report from Cricket Australia on Hasnain’s assessment test, which stated his elbow extension for his good length delivery, full length delivery, slow bouncer and bouncer exceeded the 15-degree limits.
- Hasnain is an asset for Pakistan and one of the very few bowlers to consistently click 145 kmph.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 04
4. Former Greek president Christos Sartzetakis dies at age 92:
- Former Greek President Christos Sartzetakis, a judge widely respected for resisting pressure from military dictators who ultimately imprisoned him without trial in the late 1960s, has died.
- Born in April 1929, Sartzetakis held the largely ceremonial post of president of Greece from 1985-1990.
- Sartzetakis first rose to prominence over his role as an investigating judge in the 1963 murder of politician Grigoris Lambrakis by right-wing extremists.
- Lambrakis’ killing triggered mass protests and a political crisis.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 04
5. US regains top spot as India’s trade partner in 2021:
- Imports from Beijing spiralled 49 % to $87.48 billion, compared to imports in 2020, widening the bilateral trade deficit.
- The escalation in imports from the China, however, is mostly due to an increase in shipments of capital goods, intermediate goods and raw materials, with a much lower rise in consumer goods, according to figures collated by the Commerce Department.
- Import of consumer goods from the country in 2021 have actually declined, compared to imports in 2019
- In 2021, India’s bilateral trade with the US increased to $112.3 billion and the country re-gained its top spot, while China fell to the second place with bilateral trade valued at $110.4 billion.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 04
6. Exide Life Insurance launches Smart Income Plan:
- Exide Life Insurance has launched Exide Life Smart Income Plan, provides regular income during payout term and guaranteed life cover throughout the term of the policy.
- It is a non-linked, participating individual life insurance-cum-savings plan.
- Enhanced Maturity: In this, customers can enjoy annual guaranteed income benefit during the income payout term and get accumulated bonus, if any, and Terminal Bonus, if any, at policy maturity.
- Enhanced Income: Customers will get annual guaranteed income benefit at maturity, along with applicable policyholder bonus, if any, during the income payout term and also receive Terminal Bonus, if any.
- Guaranteed Income Benefit is calculated as 10% of basic sum assured and is paid annually during the income payout term.
- Policyholders may be eligible for tax benefits as per prevailing tax laws:
- On the base premiums paid, under section 80C.On proceeds of the policy, under section 10(10D).
- On the premium paid towards riders, if any. Tax section will depend on the chosen rider.
7. GameStop partners with Australian blockchain startup to develop NFT marketplace:
- GameStop Corp would launch a marketplace for Non Fungible Tokens (NFT) later this year in partnership with an Australian blockchain startup.
- Sydney-based Immutable Pty. Ltd. will help develop the marketplace on its carbon-neutral platform, called Immutable X, which uses the blockchain-based computer network
- GameStop intends to create a fund with Immutable of up to $100 million to be distributed to developers for creating NFTs for its marketplace.
- The fund would be created using Immutable’s cryptocurrency called IMX.
- Immutable has also agreed to pay GameStop up to $150 million worth of IMX if GameStop’s marketplace achieves milestones for transactions and meets other parameters.
- GameStop’s NFT initiative was reported last month by The Wall Street Journal.
- The Journal article said the retailer had hired more than 20 people to run a new division focused on building partnerships around NFT- and cryptocurrency-related projects.
- Grapevine, Texas-based GameStop has been working to reset its business after years of losses.
- The company overhauled its executive team and board of directors in June after activist investor Ryan Cohen pushed for change.
- Cohen was named chairman and he has repeatedly pledged to make GameStop more tech-centric.
- GameStop shares have fallen about 50% over the past three months, but are still well above where they were trading in 2020.
- Last month, a marketplace called OpenSea said it raised $300 million in venture capital, putting its valuation at $13.3 billion. GameStop’s current market capitalization is under $9 billion.
- Immutable was founded in late 2017 and has 152 employees, according to its co-founder and president, Robbie Ferguson.
- Immutable has raised around $85 million in funding.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs February 04
8. Microsoft introduces quarterly cyberthreat intelligence brief ‘Cyber Signals’:
- Microsoft has introduced Cyber Signals, a new quarterly brief featuring research into the latest tactics, techniques, and strategies used by the world’s most prolific threat actors, to strengthen the first line of defense.
- The cyberthreat intelligence brief aggregates insights from Microsoft’s research and security teams on the frontlines including analysis from the company’s 24 trillion security signals.
- The first edition of Cyber Signals unpacks identity, the most valuable digital asset that threat actors use to penetrate networks, steal credentials, and impersonate employees and consumers in the digital world.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs February 04
9. ICICI Bank raises stake in GIFT City clearing corp IICC to 9.9 pc:
- ICICI Bank has bought additional stake in India International Clearing Corporation (IICC) at IFSC in GIFT City for Rs 4.43 crore, taking its holding in the clearing body to 9.90 %.
- As many as 44,262,356 equity shares at Re 1 per share were allotted to ICICI Bank on February 2, 2022 for a cash consideration of Rs 44.3 million (Rs 4.43 crore).
- ”After investment, ICICI Bank’s shareholding increased from 7.61 % to 9.90 % of the equity share capital of IICC.
- IICC was incorporated at GIFT City, IFSC in Gandhinagar in Gujarat in September 2016.
- Its revenues in FY21 were Rs 1.8 crore (Rs 18 million), and there was loss to the tune of Rs 3 crore (Rs 30 million).
- IICC is the first international clearing corporation set up at GIFT IFSC (International Financial Services Centre).
- It clears and settles index and single stock derivatives, commodity derivatives, currency derivatives and debt securities.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs February 04
10. HarperCollins is proud to announce the release of The Struggle and The Promise: Restoring India’s Potential by Naushad Forbes:
- In “The Struggle and the Promise”, Naushad Forbes answers critical questions concerning India’s progress.
11. Assam Governor launches Ram Madhav’s book, says Hindutva connotes India’s cultural diversity, 6000 years old civilization:
- Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi Launching the book ‘The Hindutva Paradigm- Integral Humanism and the Quest for a Non-Western World View’ in Guwahati.
- The book written by BJP leader Ram Madhav touches a variety of issues that concern people.
12. Lilly Singh shares her personal struggles in new book:
- Comedian-actor Lilly Singh authored ”Be a Triangle: How I Went from Being Lost to Getting My Life into Shape”, which is being published by Pan Macmillan India.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 04
13. LIC nominates MK Gupta on IDBI Bank board:
- Life Insurance of Corporation of India (LIC) has nominated Mukesh Kumar Gupta, retired Managing Director of LIC, on the Board of IDBI Bank.
- Gupta’s appointment comes in the wake of Rajesh Kandwal ceasing to be LIC Nominee Director with effect from February 2, 2022.
- As at December-end 2021, LIC and the Government had 49.24 % and 45.48 % stake, respectively, in IDBI Bank.
- LIC had acquired a majority stake in IDBI Bank in January 2019 and became its promoter with management control.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 04
14. 2022 Republic Day Parade: UP bags best tableau award, Maharashtra wins in popular choice category
- Maharashtra has been voted as the best Tableau among the States/UTs in the popular choice category.
- The tableau of Maharashtra was based on the theme ‘Biodiversity and State Bio-symbols of Maharashtra’.
- Results have been declared for best tableaux and best marching contingents of Republic Day parade 2022.
- Three panels of judges were appointed for assessing the performance of marching contingents from the three Services, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)/other Auxiliary forces and tableaux from various States/Union Territories (UTs) and Central Ministries/Departments, said the ministry.
- Indian Navy marching contingent has been adjudged as the best marching contingent among the three Services.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has been named the best marching contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces.
- The tableau of Uttar Pradesh has been selected as the best tableau among the 12 States/UTs which participated in the Republic Day parade.
- The tableau of Uttar Pradesh was based on the theme ‘One District One Product and Kashi Vishwanath Dham’.
- The second place went to Karnataka for its tableau based on ‘Cradle of Traditional Handicrafts’.
- The third position went to Meghalaya for its tableau on ‘Meghalaya’s 50 years of Statehood and its tribute to women-led cooperative societies and SHGs’.
- The tableaux of the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Civil Aviation have been declared as joint winners in the category of Central Ministries/Departments.
- The theme of the tableau of Ministry of Education & Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was ‘National Education Policy’, while the tableau of the Ministry of Civil Aviation was based on the theme ‘Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik’.
- Nine tableaux of Central Ministries/Departments had participated in the parade.
- The tableaux of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (CPWD), based on the theme ‘Subhash @125’ and the ‘Vande Bharatam’ dance group have been selected for the special prize category.
- In addition, for the first time, the general public was invited to vote for the best marching contingents and best tableaux in the popular choice category through the MyGov platform.
- The online poll was conducted between January 25-31, 2022.
- As per popular choice, the marching contingent of the Indian Air Force has been picked as the best marching contingent among the three Services.
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) received maximum votes on MyGov as the best marching contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces.
- The second place went to Uttar Pradesh (popular choice), while the tableau of Jammu and Kashmir, on the theme ‘Changing face of Jammu and Kashmir’, finished third.
- The tableau of the Ministry of Communication/Department of Posts was adjudged as the best tableau among Central Ministries/Departments based on people’s selection.
- The theme of this tableau was ‘India Post: 75 years @ Resolve – Women Empowerment’.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 04
15. IIM Ahmedabad, NIIF to set up India’s first ESG research chair:
- IIM Ahmedabad will establish a first of its kind research chair in ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) joined with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Ltd (NIIF), a sovereign linked alternative assets manager.
- India has introduced new environment, social, and governance (ESG) reporting requirements for the top 1,000 listed companies in the country by market capitalization.
- NIIF is a collaborative investment platform for international and Indian investors, anchored by the Government of India.
- The ‘NIIF Chair in ESG at IIMA’ will function as a key hub of knowledge and insights that allows businesses and policy makers incorporate.
- It will work closely with the Arun Duggal ESG Centre for Research and Innovation at IIM-A, the premier B-School in India.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 04
16. India inks interim agreement with SKAO; final review by govt underway:
- India inked an interim agreement to work on the mega science project ‘Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) — proposed to be the world’s largest radio telescope.
- The agreement will be valid for one year.
- The signing of the Cooperation Agreement between India, represented by TIFR – National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), and SKA, was held virtually.
- Prof Yashwant Gupta, centre director, NCRA, and Prof Phil Diamond, director general, SKA, signed the agreement.
- After completion of the required ratifications in December 2020, the SKA Organisation graduated to becoming the SKA Council — an umbrella body to plan, undertake and oversee the construction of SKA Observatory and also manage operations of the facility in the decades to come.
- Along with hosting a Regional Data Centre, Indian scientists will be building SKA’s Telescope Manager System
- SKA will be built in Australia and South Africa and is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
- Along with the three host countries, Italy, France, China, Switzerland and Canada are among the countries building SKAO which is expected to be operational by the end of this decade.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 04
17. Dr Jitendra felicitates ‘Beating Retreat’ drone show ‘startups’:
- Jitendra Singh felicitated “Beating Retreat” Drone Light Show “StartUps”, funded by Union Ministry of Science & Technology, who had mesmerised the whole nation by lighting the sky with colourful tricolor at New Delhi’s Vijay chowk on the evening of 29th January.
- “Botlab” startup co-founders, SaritaAhlawat from Haryana, TanmayBunkar from Madhya Pradesh and Anuj Kumar Barnwal from Bihar.
18. Centre approves renaming of three places in Madhya Pradesh:
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has informed that the names of two cities in the state have been changed.
- Hoshangabad will now be known as Narmadapuram while Babai will become Makhan Nagar, both fall under Hoshangabad district & Shivpuri as “Kundeshwar Dham”.
- This change will officially take place on the occasion of Narmada Jayanti (Ratha Saptami) which is on 7th February this year.
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi was born on 4th April 1889.He was an eminent poet, writer, journalist, and playwright.
- He was also called Panditji. He had participated in India’s freedom struggle.
- He is remembered for his phenomenal contribution to the Neoromanticism movement in Hindi literature.
- He was awarded the first Sahitya Akademi award in Hindi literature in the year 1955.
- GoI had conferred the Padma Bhushan award on him in 1963.He passed away on 30th January 1968.
19. Ministry of Textiles partners with 13 State Government Agencies, 92 Textile Industry, 10 Industry Associations/ Councils and 4 Sectoral Organizations for training under SAMARTH Scheme:
- Proposals were invited from State Government Agencies Industry Associations for undertaking training programmes under the Samarth Scheme.
- After evaluation of these proposals, the Ministry of Textiles has partnered with 13 State Government Agencies, 92 Textile Industry, 10 Industry Associations/ Councils and 4 Sectoral Organizations of Ministry of Textiles for training of 3.46 lakh beneficiaries in textile sector.
- Fresh proposal for empanelment under the scheme has been invited in September 2021.
- In response, 72 proposals have been received upto closing date of receipt of the proposal i.e. 02.11.2021.
- The details of funds released to the Implementing Partners under Samarth during last 2 years are given below:
|Financial Year||Fund released (Rs. in crore)|
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors
Science and Technology