Daily Current Affairs December 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 24
1. Bharatiya Grahak Diwas is observed on which date?
A) December 24
B) December 19
C) December 22
D) December 12
E) December 23
Answer: A) December 24
- Although World Consumer Day is celebrated on March 15, India observes it on December 24 because it was on December 24, 1986, that the Consumer Protection Act 1986 received the approval of the President of India and came into force.
Theme of Consumer Rights Day 2021:
- Every year, a theme is allocated to the celebrations and this year the theme is ‘tackling plastic pollution’.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 24
2. Harbhajan Singh retires from all forms of _____?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: E) Cricket
- One of India’s most successful off-spinner, Harbhajan Singh announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
- The 41-year-old from Punjab took 417 wickets in 103 Tests, 269 wickets in 236 ODIs, and 25 scalps in 28 T20Is in his illustrious career.
- Harbhajan, who made his India debut during an ODI against New Zealand at Sharjah in 1998, last played for the country in March 2016 during a T20I against the UAE at Dhaka.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 24
3. What is the rank of India in the list of countries with the most number of unicorns?
- Released by : Hurun Research Institute
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 24
4. Which organisation extended the card-on-file (CoF) tokenisation deadline by six months to June 30, 2022?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the card-on-file (CoF) tokenisation deadline by six months to June 30, 2022, in view of various representations received from industry bodies.
- Card-on-file, or CoF, refers to card information stored by payment gateway and merchants to process future transactions.
- The earlier deadline was December 31, 2021.
- Under tokenisation services, a unique alternate code is generated to facilitate transactions through cards.
- The RBI in September prohibited merchants from storing customer card details on their servers with effect from January 1, 2022, and mandated the adoption of CoF tokenisation as an alternative to card storage.
5. Which organization has signed the enhanced multilateral memorandum of understanding (EMMoU) of the International Organization of Securities Commissions?
Answer: D) SEBI
- Markets regulator Sebi has signed the enhanced multilateral memorandum of understanding (EMMoU) of the International Organization of Securities Commissions.
- Sebi is already a signatory to MMoU since 2003, it said in a release.
- The EMMoU was introduced by IOSCO to expand the range of enforcement powers that signatories may use to safeguard the integrity and stability of markets, protect investors and deter misconduct and fraud, Sebi said.
- The pact signed on Wednesday is expected to increase the effectiveness of the signatories’ investigations and the enforcement of their jurisdictions’ laws and regulations.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs December 23
6. Who has been awarded the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2021?
A) Akash Prakash Joshi
B) Karthik Prakash Joshi
C) Varun Prakash Joshi
D) Anil Prakash Joshi
E) Anand Prakash Joshi
Answer: D) Anil Prakash Joshi
- Environmentalist Dr Anil Prakash Joshi, who was conferred upon the Padma Bhushan this year, has been awarded the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2021.
- Vidyut Mohan, the winner of the Earthshot Prize, and Ridhima Pandey, a young environmental activist from Uttarakhand, were also the recipients of the award.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 23
7. Centre approves construction of 1.07 lakh houses in how many states under PMAY(U)?
Answer: D) 5
- The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry said project proposals for 1.07 lakh houses were approved for construction from Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Uttarakhand under various verticals of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
8. INS Khukri decommissioned after 32 years of service. It built by __?
A) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd
B) Cochin Shipyard Limited
C) Sea Blue Shipyard Ltd
D) Sembmarine Kakinada Limited
E) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
Answer: A) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd
- INS Khukri, the first of the indigenously built missile corvettes, was decommissioned “after 32 years of glorious service”.
- The corvette was built by the Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders on August 23, 1989 and had the distinction of being part of both the Western and Eastern Fleets.
9. Which organization successfully conducted a flight test of indigenously-developed high-speed expendable aerial target ‘Abhyas’ off the Chandipur coast in Odisha?
Answer: C) DRDO
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted the flight test of indigenously developed High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) Abhyas from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast, Odisha.
- During the flight trial, a High subsonic speed trajectory at a very low altitude with high endurance was demonstrated.
- Two boosters provided initial acceleration during launch and a small turbojet engine is used to sustain high subsonic speed with long endurance.
10. Which railway station has been certified as “Eat Right Station” for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers?
D) New Delhi
Answer: E) Bhubaneswar
- It is a large-scale effort made by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to transform the food system in India with an aim to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.
- The Eat Right India adopts regulatory, capacity building, collaborative and empowerment
approaches in ensuring that the food available is suitable for people as well as for the planet.
11. Which state unveils ‘Meendum Manjappai’ campaign against plastic use?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
12. India’s first 5G technology trials for rural broadband began in which state?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Gujarat
- India’s first 5G technology trials for rural broadband began at Ajol village in Gujarat with a base transceiver station (BTS) installed 17km away at Unava town in the Gandhinagar district.
- A team of representatives from the department of telecom (DoT) and two private mobile service providers visited the village to measure speeds, recording a 105.47 Mbps download speed and a 58.77 Mbps upload speed.
13. Govt extends Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana till _____?
A) March 2026
B) March 2024
C) March 2023
D) March 2027
E) March 2022
Answer: E) March 2022
- Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana, Centre is providing five-kilogram food grains per person per month free of cost to all beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act.
- The scheme is a food security welfare scheme that was envisaged by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide assistance and help mitigate the economic impact of Covid-19.
14. Which organisation has extended the last date for receiving written comments on 5G spectrum auctions to January 10, 2022 and for counter to January 24, 2022?
Answer: D) TRAI
15. Which state launched campaign ‘Nasha Mukt Bharat’ in a bid to stop drug consumption in the state?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
- A day after the Haryana government reduced the drinking age in the state from 25 years to 21 years, with the state assembly passing an amendment to the Haryana Excise Act, chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar, in the presence of Union minister of state for housing and urban affairs, Kaushal Kishore, launched campaign ‘Nasha Mukt Bharat’ in a bid to stop drug consumption in the state.
- Both the ministers, along with several local leaders and district administration officials, took a pledge to stop consumption of drugs and administered similar oaths to hundreds of school children during the event.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance