Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 17&18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 17&18| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
1. Minorities Rights Day is observed on which date?
E) December 18
Answer: E) December 18
Minority Rights Day 2022: History
- Minority Rights Day which is observed on December 18th every year was celebrated at the National Commission for Minorities on December 16, 2022. The United Nations on December 18, 1992, adopted and broadcast the Statement on the individual’s Rights belonging to Religious or Linguistic National or Ethnic Minorities.
- This year-long 30th anniversary commemoration of the Declaration will focus on the theme “All in 4 Minority Rights” by promoting the belief that the rights of any person belonging to national or ethnic, religious, and linguistic minorities contribute to the political and social stability and progress of states
International Migrants Day:
- It is observed on 18 December every year.
- The theme for International Migrants Day 2022 is Integrating migrants into primary health care.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
2. Chahat Arora is related to which sports?
- Swimming, Indian swimmer Chahat Arora set a new national record in the women’s 50m breaststroke at the FINA World Swimming Championships 2022 in Melbourne, Australia yesterday. Chahat Arora clocked 32.91 seconds to top heat 2 at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre’s 25-metre short course pool and bettered her own previous record of 32.94 seconds set at the National Aquatic Championships 2022 in September. Chahat Arora failed to qualify for the semi-finals after finishing 31st overall in a field of 45. The top 16 made the semi-finals.
- Lithuania’s RutaMeilutyte topped the overall heats with a timing of 29.10 seconds.
- Argentine swimmer Macarena Ceballos was the final competitor to make the semis cut with a 30.33-second timing. This was the 25-year-old Chahat Arora’s second national record-setting performance at the Melbourne meeting. The FINA World Swimming Championships 2022, the 16th edition of the competition, will conclude today.
3. Which country defeated Bangladesh in the finals of the T20 World Cup 2022 for the Blind in Bangalore?
- India defeated Bangladesh by 120 runs in the finals of the T20 World Cup 2022 for the Blind in Bangalore to win an unprecedented third consecutive title.
- Batting first India scored 277 runs in their 20 overs. In reply, Bangladesh were all out for 157 runs in their 20 overs.
- Australia, Bangladesh, Nepal, South Africa, and Sri Lanka competed in the third edition of the competition, which was hosted by India. The Men in Blue, who had previously won the title in 2012 and 2017, completed a hat-trick of wins by defeating Bangladesh in the final.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
4. Which bank announced ZERO Fee Banking on savings accounts and waived fees on 25 commonly used banking services?
A)Bank of India
B)Bank of Maharashtra
D)IDFC First Bank
E)State Bank of India
Answer: D)IDFC First Bank
- IDFC FIRST Bank announced ZERO Fee Banking on savings accounts and waived fees on 25 commonly used banking services.
- The banking services include savings accounts such as cash deposit and withdrawal at branches, third party cash transactions, demand drafts, IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, cheque book, SMS alerts, interest certificates, insufficient balance for ATM transactions, international ATM usage and so on
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
5. Lt Colonel Purohit – The Man Betrayed is authored by whom?
Answer: C)Smita Mishra
- The launch of ”Lt Colonel Purohit – The Man Betrayed” written by Smita Mishra is scheduled to take place on December 18 at SP College here in the presence of former police commissioner Jayant Umranikar, BJP MP and former IPS officer Dr Satyapal Singh and former Additional Director General of Police Sanjay Barve
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
6. Prashant Kumar Goyal is appointed as Director of which bank?
A)Bank of India
B)Bank of Maharashtra
C)Bank of Baroda
E)State Bank of India
Answer: B)Bank of Maharashtra
- The Bank of Maharashtra said it appointed Prashant Kumar Goyal as Director of the lender with effect from Thursday. According to a statement from the lender, Prashant Kumar Goyal is 2007 batch IAS officer of Tripura cadre, who was on central deputation and working as director in the Department of Financial Services.
- He was earlier posted as secretary to the chief minister of Tripura, with an additional charge of secretary, general administration (Cabinet and Confidential) Department with independent charge of industries and commerce department and information and cultural affairs department. The lender’s statement said he has more than 15 years of work experience in management, administration and public policy, among others.
7. Leo Varadkar is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
- Indian-origin Leo Varadkar has returned for a second term as Ireland’s Prime Minister as part of a job-sharing deal made by the country’s centrist coalition government
In his first term, Mr. Varadkar was the Prime Minister from 2017 to 2020.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 17&18
8. Which state/UT has launched the Delhi Robotics League for school students?
- The Delhi Government has launched the Delhi Robotics League for Delhi’s school students.
- This program was launched at Dr BR Ambedkar School of Specialised Excellence, SurajmalVihar in the presence of the Director of Education Himanshu Gupta.
- This league is a unique, first-of-its-kind tournament to be organised at the school level across the country
- As per the release, IIT Delhi’s Technology Innovation Hub IHFC will play the role of knowledge partner and the Delhi government’s School of Specialized Excellence will organise a boot camp for mentorship of the teams participating in the competition
9. Who inaugurated ICMR’s National Animal Resource Facility for Biomedical Research (NARFBR) at Genome Valley in Hyderabad to address zoonotic threats?
- Union heath minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated ICMR’s National Animal Resource Facility for Biomedical Research (NARFBR) at Genome Valley in Hyderabad to address zoonotic threats.
- The new ICMR centre will have great significance in animal studies for biomedical research as it is crucial in discovering causes, diagnosis and treatment of zoonotic agents and disease
- NARFBR is an apex facility which will provide ethical care and use and welfare of laboratory animals during research.
- The newly build centre will work as the state-of-the-art facility for not just ethical animal studies but spans from basic, applied to regulatory animal research.
- It will help in capacity building of new researchers and will create processes for pre-clinical testing of new drugs, vaccines and diagnostics within the country along with quality assurance checks.
10. Which ministry launched the eCourts Integrated Mission Mode Project in the country for computerization of District and subordinate courts?
D)Law and Justice
E)None of these
Answer: D)Law and Justice
- The Minister of Law and Justice, Shri KirenRijiju in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha informed that the Government has launched the eCourts Integrated Mission Mode Project in the country for computerization of District and subordinate courts, which also includes digitization with the objective of improving access to justice using technology. The Phase I of eCourts was concluded in 2015. Phase II of the project started in 2015 under which 18,735 District & Subordinate courts have been computerised so far.
- In the phase-I of the project from 2011-2015, out of total outlay of Rs.935 crore, the Government incurred an expenditure of Rs. 639.41crore. In the phase- II of the project, which started in 2015, out of total outlay of Rs. 1670 crore, the Government has released a sum of Rs. 1668.43 crore till 31.03.2022 to various implementing agencies involved in the implementation of the project.As per information provided by eCommittee of Supreme Court of India total 18,735 District and Sub-ordinate courts have been digitised under the eCourts Project so far
11. Who launches “GrihPravesh” programme in Agartala?
Answer: A)Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the “GrihPravesh” programme in Agartala for more than two lakh beneficiaries under the Pradhan MantriAwasYojana Urban and Rural schemes.
- Prime Minister will inaugurate spawn laboratory at the Mushroom Development Centre and an integrated beekeeping development centre will also be inaugurated by him in Meghalaya, besides 21 Hindi libraries in Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, and Assam. With a focus on improving road connectivity, the prime minister will inaugurate a project for widening the Agartala bypass (Khayerpur-Amtali) NH-08, which will help ease traffic congestion in Agartala city.
12. Which Ministry is hosting a Millet food festival in Parliament for the members on 20th of December?
C)Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer: C)Narendra Singh Tomar
- Celebrating the International Year of Millets (IYM) in 2023, Agriculture Ministry is hosting a Millet food festival in Parliament for the members on 20th of December. In this regard today, Minister of State for Agriculture ShobhaKarandlaje reviewed the preparations with the senior Agriculture and ICAR officials.
- In recent, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, organized an opening ceremony for the International Year of Millets – 2023 (IYM2023) in Rome, Italy.
- The United Nations General Assembly, UNGA, accepted the proposal by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to celebrate 2023 as International Year of Millets.
- The ‘Millets’ were among the first crops to be domesticated in India with several evidence of its’ consumption during the Indus valley civilization. Being grown in more than 130 countries, Millets are traditional food for more than half a billion people across Asia and Africa.
13. Who announces the launching of CSIR’s “One Week, One Lab” countrywide campaign from 6th January, 2023?
C)Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer: D)Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister for Science & Technology, Dr Jitendra Singh, who is also the Vice President of CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research), today announced the launching of “One Week, One Lab” countrywide campaign from 6th January, 2023.
- In this, each of the 37 premier Laboratories/Institutes of CSIR spread across the country will, one after the other in every successive week, showcase their exclusive innovations and technological breakthroughs to the people of India.
- Addressing the 200th Governing Body Meeting of CSIR at the Science Centre in New Delhi, Dr Jitendra Singh said, the “One Week One Lab” theme-based campaign is expected to ignite the minds of young innovators, students, Start-ups, academia, and industry to look for opportunities through deep tech ventures
- The implementation of paperless E-office across all labs with effect 01 April 2023 and E-performance appraisal system for admin cadre staff for Reporting Year 2022-2023 was also approved.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors