Daily Current Affairs December 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 10
1. Human Rights Day is observed on which date?
A) December 2
B) December 8
C) December 10
D) December 5
E) December 9
Answer: C) December 10
Human Rights Day 2021: Theme
- The Human Rights Day 2021 theme is “Equality, Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights”.
- This year’s Human Rights Day theme relates to ‘Equality’ and Article 1 of the UDHR – “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.”
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 10
2. Which state is topped spot among states for most employable talent in 2022?
Answer: B) Maharashtra
State Wise High Employability:
City wise High Employability:
- Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu were identified as the top states where maximum hiring activity will occur in the coming year.
- 75% of all companies surveyed report a skill gap in the industry, while 100% of retail sector employers agree that there is a skill gap to be filled in the coming year.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 10
3. Which bank has partnered with Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd as a corporate agent to provide health insurance products to the lender’s 8.9 million customers spread over 1,291 banking outlets across the country?
A) Federal Bank
B) CSB Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
D) ICICI Bank
E) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer: A) Federal Bank
Awards – Daily Current Affairs December 10
4. Who has been awarded the ‘2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries’?
A) Meena Gupta
B) Neena Gupta
C) Varuna Gupta
D) Jyoti Gupta
E) Sri Gupta
Answer: B) Neena Gupta
- Professor Neena Gupta, a mathematician at the Indian Statistical Institute in Kolkata, has been awarded the ‘2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries’ for her outstanding work in affine algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, informed the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- According to the ministry, Professor Gupta is the third woman to receive the Ramanujan Prize, which was first awarded in 2005 and is administered by the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) jointly with the Department of Science and Technology (DST) Government of India and the International Mathematical Union (IMU).
5. Who will receive the Royal Gold Medal 2022, one of the world’s highest honours for architecture?
A) Balkrishna Doshi
B) Anand Doshi
C) Sakthi Doshi
D) Vignesh Doshi
E) Krishna Doshi
Answer: A) Balkrishna Doshi
- Acclaimed Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi will receive the Royal Gold Medal 2022, one of the world’s highest honours for architecture, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) announced.
- RIBA said on Thursday that with a 70 year career and over 100 built projects, 94-year-old Doshi has influenced the direction of architecture in India and its adjacent regions through both his practice and his teaching.
- Given in recognition of a lifetime’s work, the Royal Gold Medal is approved personally by Queen Elizebth II and is given to a person or group of people who have had a significant influence on the advancement of architecture.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 10
6. Which country co-chairs Global Methane InitiativeSteering Leadership Meeting?
Answer: C) India
- A Steering Leadership meeting of Global Methane Initiative (GMI) has been held virtually in which the Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, Shri V.K. Tiwari as the Vice Chairman of this global initiative informed the participants about the work being carried out by India to mitigate the emission of methane.
- Emission of methane is a big concern as it is a greenhouse gas having 25-28 times harmful effect than carbon dioxide.
- Global Methane Initiative (GMI) is a voluntary Government and an informal international partnership having members from 45 countries including the United States and Canada.
- The forum has been created to achieve global reduction in anthropogenic methane emission through partnership among developed and developing countries having economies in transition.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 11
7. Which organisation in partnership with Bharti Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Bharti Enterprises, launched Convoke 2021-22?
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) NITI Aayog
- Convoke is a National research Symposium which aims at addressing challenges in imparting education and strengthening its quality with special focus on all teachers, educationists, heads of schools across India.
- Through this platform, School Teachers/ Heads/Principals of Government Schools and teachers from Bharti Foundation network will be encouraged to use research-based solutions through scientific approach, and showcase their efforts taken at the grass-root level in improving learning outcomes.
NITI Aayog releases reports on Country level status of emergency and injury care:
- NITI Aayog released a two comprehensive report titled – Reports on current status on Country level- secondary and tertiary level and district level emergency and injury care in India, these reports bring out and highlight the spectrum and load of emergency cases, it brings out the prevailing gaps in ambulance services, health infrastructure, human resources and equipment in the provision of optimal care.
- These reports were launched in the presence of Dr V K Paul, Hon’ble Member (Health) NITI Aayog and Dr Rakesh Sarwal, Additional Secretary, amongst other dignitaries.
8. Which organisation introduces Atmanirbhar Hastshilpkar Scheme to artisans of the North Eastern region?
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: C) NEDFi
- North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (NEDFi), a premier financial institution in the North-Eastern Region with its head office at Dispur, Guwahati and branch offices all across North-Eastern Region has completed an eventful twenty-six years since its establishment in 1995.
- Over the years, the Corporation has provided loans to over 7500 projects and taken up several development initiatives through its CSR activities in the eight states of North-East India.
- Through its varied activities and active engagement with thousands of entrepreneurs in the region, NEDFi has become a household name in the region.
- The scheme was officially launched on 9/12/2021.
- During the launching ceremony, a total of 17 artisans have been provided with credit assistance of Rs.1 lakh per artisan.
- The credit facility is collateral free and carries a subsidized interest rate of 6% p.a., which is repayable in 24 months.
- For regular repayment, an incentive of 1% on the interest rate is provided, which will be refunded to the artisans on successful repayment of loans.
9. Who launches ‘Meghalayan Age’ store in New Delhi?
A) Sandhosh Kumar
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Devusinh Chauhan
D) Rajan S Mathews
E) Piyush Goyal
Answer: E) Piyush Goyal
- “World has not still seen the huge potential of the North-East,” said Shri Piyush Goyal, launching the ‘Meghalayan Age’ store in New Delhi.
- Stating that the Mulberry Silk of Meghalaya besides Shawls, Bamboo, Handicrafts and various other unique products of the Northeast will have a huge market not only for visitors from India but also from across the world, the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Shri Piyush Goyal said, “the World is Your Stage.”
10. Ministry of ____ signs MoU with IITE, Gandhinagar for training of 800 Sainik School teachers?
A) Science & Technology
D) Women & Child Development
Answer: E) Defence
- Terming the MoU as a significant step towards capacity building of teachers of Sainik Schools in terms of imparting quality education to students with Indian ethos, the Defence Secretary said it would help to enhance the brand of not only existing Sainik Schools but also 100 upcoming Schools.
- The MoU is for the period of five years commencing with effect from January 2022 under which 800 plus teachers of all Sainik Schools will be trained through courses named ‘Gurudiksha’ & ‘Pratibaddhta’.
- The main objective of this MoU is to nurture the teachers of tomorrow with the transformative knowledge of Indian traditions and usher in a new era of teacher education focusing upon the integral development of teachers.
- Some other salient features of the MoU are as follows:
(a) Implementation of New Education Policy in schools.
(b) Development of Leadership qualities among students.
(c) Time management of UPSC-NDA preparation and CBSE curriculum.
(d) Selection of appropriate pedagogies for academic subjects.
(e) Inspiring and motivating teachers and students.
(f) Lesson plan assessment strategies.
(g) Dealing with individual differences, emotional & behavioural problems of students as a Mentor.
(h) Dealing with parents as a mentor.
(i) Enhancing Teacher-Pupil relationship in boarding school environment.
Additional Secretary Smt Nivedita Shukla Verma and other senior civil and military officials of MoD were present on the occasion.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance