Daily Current Affairs December 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 09
1. International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on which date?
A) December 2
B) December 8
C) December 4
D) December 5
E) December 9
Answer: E) December 9
International Anti-Corruption Day 2021: Theme
- International Anti-corruption day 2021’s theme is “Your right, your role: say no to corruption.”
- It is important that the rights and responsibility of every individual stakeholder in tackling corruption is highlighted.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 09
2. What is the rank of India in Asia Power Index 2021?
Answer: B) 4
- Released by: Lowy Institute.
- Countries: 26
Asia Power Index 2021:
- It has been ranked fourth among the 26 countries and territories in Indo-Pacific for comprehensive power.
- The report has also added that the nation could have performed even better had it not been for the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Nita Ambani – Founder and Chairperson, Reliance Foundation has been ranked _____ in the list of Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women?
Answer: D) 2
List of Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women:
4. Which company is most valuable company in Burgundy Private Hurun India 500 companies list?
A) Reliance Industries
B) Tata Consultancy Services
C) HDFC Bank
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: A) Reliance Industries
|2||Tata Consultancy Services|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 09
5. ADB approves ______ loan to improve urban services in India?
A) $250 million
B) $150 million
C) $550 million
D) $650 million
E) $350 million
Answer: E) $350 million
- The loan supports the policies established by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to accelerate universal coverage of piped water supply and improved sanitation under the recently launched national program Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) 2.0 and provide affordable housing to all, including poor, urban migrant and industrial workers, under the flagship mission Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
6. RBI gives scheduled bank status for which payments Bank?
A) Airtel Payment Bank
B) India Post Payment Bank
C) Fino Payment Bank
D) Paytm Payment Bank
E) NSDL Payment Bank
Answer: D) Paytm Payment Bank
- Besides, it can participate in Marginal Standing Facility and will be eligible to partner in government-run financial inclusion schemes, according to a statement.
- The bank supports 33.3 crore Paytm Wallets and enables consumers to make payments at over 87,000 online merchants and 2.11 crore in-store merchants.
7. Which bank, NPCI partner to launch Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform?
B) CSB Bank
C) Bank of Maharashtra
D) ICICI Bank
E) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer: C) Bank of Maharashtra
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs December 09
8. Which company, Invest India launch ‘Innovation Challenge’; invite 5G, IoT solutions from start-ups?
E) Tata Motors
Answer: D) Airtel
- The winners of the challenge will win Rs 3.5 lakh, first runner-up Rs 2.5 lakh and second start-up Rs 1 lakh.
- The challenge has invited start-ups to demonstrate solutions for the following:
- 5G: B2B or B2C use cases and apps that will leverage high-speed and low-latency 5G tech.
- IoT: Solutions for enterprises that will empower their digital transformation journey.
- Digital advertising: Creating unique ad formats for both digital and others. Digital entertainment: Disruptive solutions in music, video or gaming.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 09
9. Who is appointed as ambassador of Legends League Cricket?
A) Amitabh Bachchan
B) Sidharth Shukla
C) Hrithik Roshan
D) Hasnain Khan
E) Akshay Kumar
Answer: A) Amitabh Bachchan
Awards – Daily Current Affairs December 09
10. Shri Ram NathKovind, presented President’s Standard to the ____ Missile Vessel Squadron of the Indian Navy in Mumbai, Maharashtra?
Answer: E) 22
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs December 09
11. India to launch its maiden human space mission ‘Gaganyaan’ in ____?
Answer: E) 2023
- India’s maiden human space mission “Gaganyaan” will be launched in 2023, said Union of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology, Jitendra Singh.
- In reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, the Minister said, with this launch, India will become the fourth nation in the world to launch a Human Spaceflight Mission after USA, Russia and China.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 09
12. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has granted Observer Status to ____?
Answer: A) ISA
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 09
13. Which organisation signs MoU with National Forensic Sciences University to undertake activities for mutual benefit in the areas of consultancy, collaborative R&D, and training to support ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Make in India’ vision?
Answer: E) RailTel
- RailTel, a Mini Ratna Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. As per RailTel’s press release, the MoU was signed to undertake activities for mutual benefit in the areas of consultancy, collaborative R&D, and training to support ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Make in India’ vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- As part of the MoU, the NFSU is to design and conduct Rail Safety training courses for personnel of RailTel/Indian Railways.
14. Anti-Hijack Mock Excercise Conducted at which airport?
A) Chennai airport
B) Indore airport
C) Kolkata airport
D) Mumbai airport
E) Visakhapatnam airport
Answer: E) Visakhapatnam airport
- An Anti-Hijack Mock Exercise along with a Mass Casualty Evacuation drill was conducted at Visakhapatnam airport by INS Dega.
- The exercise was aimed to test the efficacy of contingency plans and procedures to deal with a hijack threat and validate the Mass Evacuation capability of all stakeholders including Marine Commandos (MARCOS), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Airport Authority of India (AAI) and the State Government agencies, HQ Eastern Naval Command said in a release here.
- The exercise was conducted based on a mock hijack scenario enacted utilising an Indian Naval Dornier.
15. Which state Launches ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme’ to Benefit over 50,000 People?
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme’ which will benefit around 53,000 people in the state.
- Further, he said that this amount would go directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
- Dhami also informed that the state government will spend Rs 444.62 crore to open 500 milk sales centres in Uttarakhand.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology