Daily Current Affairs August 4
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 4. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 4 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs August 4
1. Lovlina Borgohain won bronze medal in which kg category in Tokyo games?
Answer: E) 69kg
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs August 4
2. Dogri writer Padma Sachdev passes away. He won Padma Shri award in which year?
Answer: E) 2001
- Noted author and Padma Shri awardee Padma Sachdev, the first modern woman poet of Dogri language, passed away at a Mumbai hospital .
- She authored many books in Dogri and Hindi, and her poetry collections, including ‘Meri Kavita Mere Geet’, won her the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1971.
RANKING – Daily Current Affairs August 4
3. Which city has topped the list of aspirational districts ranked by government think tank Niti Aayog for the month of June?
Answer: A) Chandel
|1||Chandel ( Manipur)|
- Health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion, skill development and basic infrastructure were the development areas that were taken into consideration for the ranking.
- Aspirational districts programme, launched in January 2018, aims to transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs August 4
4. RapiPay launches Aadhaar-enabled payment service, micro ATMs in which place?
Answer: E) Srinagar
- RapiPay becomes the first Indian company to start assisted payments services like Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) and Micro ATM in Srinagar.
- RapiPay has also become the first Indian company to install Micro ATMs on Dal Lake’s shops.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs August 4
5. Aditya Puri is appointed as chairperson of Solara. He served as CEO of which bank?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: E) HDFC Bank
- Aditya Puri, veteran banker and former chief executive of HDFC Bank, has joined the board of pharmaceutical company Solara as chairperson.
- Puri and others were inducted into the board following a meeting where the company also approved the financial results for the June quarter.
- Arun Kumar, founder of the company, has joined Solara board as a non-executive director.
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs August 4
6. Who has been honoured with Canada’s prestigious Order of British Columbia award, the province’s highest form of recognition?
A) Sundhar Pichai
B) Varun Wardhan
C) Ajay Dilwari
D) Sarath Singh
E) Sakthi Vignesh Pradeep
Answer: C) Ajay Dilwari
- Leading Indian-origin entrepreneur Ajay Dilwari has been honoured with Canada’s prestigious Order of British Columbia award, the province’s highest form of recognition.
- Dilwari, the owner of Canada’s largest automotive group — Dilawri Group — is among 16 “exceptional people” to be appointed to the Order of British Columbia, according to a statement by the Government of British Columbia.
7. West Bengal receives how many SKOCH awards for its schemes under Ease of Doing Business initiative?
Answer: C) 4
- The State scheme ‘Silpasathi’ – the online single window portal won the platinum award while the Auto Renewal of Certificate of Enlistment through online system for urban areas has received the gold award.
- Online issuance of trade licences in rural areas and the E-Nathikaran: the online system for registration, preparation and submission of deeds have won two silver awards.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 4
8. Which country becomes 5th country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement?
Answer: D) Germany
- Germany became the 5th country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement after amendments to it entered into force on 8th January this year, opening its Membership to all Member States of the United Nations.
- Ambassador of Germany to India Walter J. Lindner deposited signed copies of International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement with Ministry of External Affairs, the depositary of Agreement. Signed copies of International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement were handed over to Additional Secretary (Economic Relations) in Ministry of External Affairs.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 4
9. Which state launches India’s first earthquake early warning mobile app developed by IIT-Roorkee?
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Wednesday launched the country’s first earthquake early warning mobile application ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert’ developed by IIT Roorkee.
- Launching the lifeguarding mobile app at the secretariat here, Dhami said considering Uttarakhand’s vulnerability to earthquakes, people should be informed about the availability of a mobile application like this.
- The application is available in two versions, compatible with both Android and iOS platforms.
10. Cabinet nod to Samagra Shiksha Scheme for school education for another how many years?
Answer: B) 5
- The Union Cabinet approved continuation of the ‘Samagra Shiksha Scheme’ for school education for another five years.
- Union ministers Dharmendra Pradhan and Anurag Thakur told reporters that the scheme would continue from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2026.
- Education minister Pradhan said the scheme would be called
‘Samagra Shiksha Scheme 2’.
- A financial outlay of Rs 2,94,283.04 crore, which includes central share of
Rs 1,85,398.32 crore has been made to implement the scheme.
- It will cover 1.16 million schools, over 156 million students and 5.7 million teachers of government and and aided schools, according to details shared by the government’s principal spokesperson on Twitter.
- The scheme also moots access to quality education with an equitable and inclusive classroom environment with a greater focus on imparting skills among the students.
Cabinet approves continuation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Fast Track Special Courts:
- The Cabinet approved continuation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Fast Track Special Courts for further two years till 31st March 2023.
- Briefing media Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur said, 1,023 Fast Track Special Courts have been given get two-year extension.
- He said, 389 exclusive POCSO courts will also get extension.
- He said, central share of outlay will be funded from Nirbhaya fund.
11. Which organisation signs MoU with University of Agricultural Science Bangalore to boost agri-exports?
Answer: E) APEDA
- To give boost agricultural and processed food products exports especially from Karnataka,Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with University of Agricultural Science (UAS) Bangalore.
12. India’s first indigenously designed and built aircraft carrier began its sea trials off the coast of ____?
Answer: E) Kochi
- India’s first indigenously designed and built aircraft carrier began its sea trials off the coast of Kochi, propelling India into a select group of countries to achieve the capability to build its own aircraft carriers.
- Describing it as a “proud and historic day for India”.
- According to the Navy, IAC-1 will operate MiG-29K fighter aircraft, Kamov-31 Air Early Warning Helicopters, the soon-to-be-inducted MH-60R multi-role helicopter and the indigenously-manufactured Advanced Light Helicopters.
- Expected to be commissioned by August 2022, the IAC will be named Vikrant and will be India’s second aircraft carrier in service after the INS Vikramaditya, which is a Russian-origin vessel.
13. Which state/UT approved the Medical Oxygen Production Promotion Policy 2021 along with the provision for incentives for medical oxygen production and storage?
D) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Delhi
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal led Delhi Cabinet approved the Medical Oxygen Production Promotion Policy 2021, along with the provision for incentives for the production of medical oxygen.
- This policy is part of the Delhi Government’s rigorous effort to make Delhi self-reliant in the production of Medical Oxygen to meet any medical emergency in the future.
14. Which ship becomes the first Indian Navy ship to call at heritage coastal port of Gopalpur?
A) INS Khandheri
B) INS Sagar
C) INS Varuna
D) INS Kiran
E) INS Khanjar
Answer: E) INS Khanjar
- The two-day visit which concluded on 02 Aug 21, was organised as part of Aazadi ka Amrit Mahotsav as well as Swarnim Vijay Varsh celebrations to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Independence and 50th anniversary of the 1971 War.
- The visit of the ship was aimed at enhancing ties and spreading awareness with the local populace on aspects of coastal security and maritime operations.
15. Which city becomes first city in country to achieve 100% vaccination against covid-19?
Answer: C) Bhubaneswar
- Those vaccinated include about 9 lakh people of 18 years of age and above.
- It’s worthwhile to note that Odisha Government, which now bears the burden of about 15 thousand covid 19 active caseload, had set district wise targets to vaccinate a sum total of 3.5 lakh people per day.
16. Which state launched new scheme – Dalit Bandhu – in Vasalamarri village in Nalgonda district?
Answer: E) Telangana
- Each SC family will get Rs 10 lakh each under the Dalit Bandhu scheme to start their own self-employment.
- The required amount of Rs 7.6 crore.
- There were around 15 lakh to 17 lakh SC families in the state and the scheme would benefit around 10 lakh to 12 lakh families.
- The state government will spend a whopping Rs 1 lakh crore to Rs 1.2 lakh crore
17. Who inaugurated a decentralized biomedical waste incinerator at Buxar Municipality, Bihar?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) K. Vijay Raghavan
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) Anurag Thakur
Answer: B) K. Vijay Raghavan
- The technology developed by Ganesh Engineering Works was selected through the Biomedical Waste Treatment Innovation Challenge launched in June 2020 by the Waste to Wealth Mission.
- The mission is one of the nine scientific missions of the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC) and is spearheaded by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.