Daily Current Affairs August 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 15| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs August 15
1. On which year India got its Independence?
Answer: D) 1947
|August 15||Independence Day||1947||76th|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 15
2. SBI hiked MCLR by how many basispoints?
A) 30 bps
B) 20 bps
C) 25 bps
D) 15 bps
E) 10 bps
Answer: B) 20 bps
- State Bank of India (SBI) has increased its marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) by 20 basis points (bps) across tenors from August 15, announcing the decision after the monetary policy committee (MPC) raised benchmark policy rates by 50 bps earlier this month to tame headline inflation.
- SBI’s overnight, one-month, and three-month MCLR stands at 7.35 per cent; six-month is at 7.65 per cent; one-year at 7.70 per cent; two-year at 7.90 per cent; and three-year MCLR stands at 8 per cent, according to its website.
- The country’s largest lender also hiked its external benchmark-based lending rate (EBLR) and repo-linked lending rate by 50 bps, with effect from August 15.
- SBI has increased its MCLR by 50 bps since May and by 60 bps since April.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 15
3. By which year Ola Electric will produce EVs in India with 500 km range?
Answer: E) 2024
- SoftBank Group-backed Ola Electric will produce electric cars in India in 2024 with a range of up to 500 km, Chief Executive Bhavish Aggarwal.
- Ola’s electric car with the most advanced features would go from 0 to 100 km per hour in four seconds.
4. How many lakh crores will be invested by BPCL on petrochemicals, gas business?
A) Rs 1.4 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.5 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.6 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.7 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.8 lakh crore
Answer: A) Rs 1.4 lakh crore
- BPCL, the nation’s second-biggest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) will invest Rs 1.4 lakh crore in petrochemicals, city gas and clean energy in the next five years as it looks to non-fuel businesses for growth.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 15
5. Who among the following appointment as NSE MD, CEO?
C) Ashishkumar Chauhan
D) Ashishkumar Choudhry
E) Ashish Kumar
Answer: C) Ashishkumar Chauhan
- Organization: National Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Post: MD & CEO
- Appointed: Ashishkumar Chauhan
Awards – Daily Current Affairs August 15
6. How many Gallantry awards were approved by President to Armed Forces and CAPF personnel on Independence Day?
Answer: B) 107
- President DroupadiMurmu has approved 107 Gallantry awards to Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces personnel on the occasion of Independence Day 2022.
- These include three Kirti Chakra, 13 Shaurya Chakras, two Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 81 Sena Medals (Gallantry), one Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry) and seven Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry).
- The President has also approved 40 Mention-in-Despatches to the Army, one to Air Force personnel and another to the Army Dog – Axel (posthumously) for their significant contributions in different military operations.
- This includes Operation Rakshak, Operation Snow Leopard, Operation Rhino, Operation Orchid, Operation Falcon, Operation Hifazat and Operation Trikut (Deoghar).
7. Shefali Shah won Best Actress award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2022,on which year this festival was founded?
Answer: D) 2012
- Actor Shefali Shah has bagged the Best Actor (Female) award at the latest edition of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM).
- She won the prestigious award for her performance in ‘Jalsa’.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 15
8. How many trillion will be invested by Telecom tower firms in 5G infrastructure?
A) Rs 3 trillion
B) Rs 1 trillion
C) Rs 4 trillion
D) Rs 5 trillion
E) Rs 2 trillion
Answer: E) Rs 2 trillion
- Mobile tower companies are getting ready to invest over Rs 2 trillion by 2025, half of it in the next two years, to help meet the telecom firms’ target to take 5G to 50 per cent of the country.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 15
9. India to handover Dornier Aircraft to which of the following country on its 76th Independence Day?
C) Sri Lanka
Answer: C) Sri Lanka
- India on the occasion of its 76th Independence Day will hand over maritime surveillance aircraft Dornier 228 to Sri Lanka on a gratis basis for two years.
- The aircraft is being provided for an interim period of two years till a plane being manufactured in India for Sri Lanka is ready.
- The aircraft comes as a sequel to the dialogue between India and Sri Lanka that took place on January 9, 2018 in New Delhi, when the Sri Lankan government sought the possibility of obtaining two Dornier Reconnaissance Aircraft from India.
- Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe and Indian High commissioner Gopal Baglay will be present at the ceremony, confirmed the Indian High Commission in Colombo.
- Also, Indian Navy Vice Chief Vice Admiral Satish N Ghormadeis in Sri Lanka for the handing over of a Dornier maritime patrol aircraft to the Sri Lankan military.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 15
10. Indian flag unfurled how many km above the planet?
A) 30 km
B) 50 km
C) 40 km
D) 25 km
E) 15 km
Answer: A) 30 km
- To mark the momentous occasion, Space Kidz India – an organisation creating “Young scientists” for the country, made it possible to unfurl the Indian flag and sent it to an altitude of 1,06,000 feet(30km) above the planet on a balloon that unfurled it.
11. Which of the following state CM announced 3 percent DA hike for govt employees?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Gujarat
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel announced a three per cent hike in the dearness allowance for government employees and expansion of welfare schemes under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- Some 9.38 lakh employees of the state government, panchayat service and pensioners will get the benefit.
- With this, the state government’s financial burden will go up by about Rs 1,400 crore annually.
12. Which of the following state CMlaunched 75 ‘Aam Aadmi Clinics’?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann dedicated 75 ‘Aam Aadmi Clinics’ to the people of the state to mark 75 years of India’s independence.
- These mohalla clinics will offer around 100 types of clinical tests for free, besides giving medicines to patients at no cost.
- Each of these clinics will have four staff members, including an MBBS doctor and a laboratory technician.
13. Village Defence Guard scheme came into force in which of the following state/UT?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Ministry of Home Affairs has sanctioned approval to creation of Village Defence Guard Scheme – 2022 in Jammu and Kashmir which shall come into effect from August 15, 2022.
- Earlier, this scheme was known as Village Defence Committe in which volunteers from villages were trained by Indian Army and Police.
- Under this scheme, rifles were provided to VDC’s and they protected their villages from terrorist attacks and terror-related activities specially the vulnerable villages in mountainous areas of Jammu region.
14. How many crores invested in different projects in Andaman & Nicobar Islands in last 5 years?
A) Rs 88765 crores
B) Rs 87865 crores
C) Rs 88756 crores
D) Rs 88675 crores
E) Rs 88657 crores
Answer: A) Rs 88765 crores
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Governor Admiral D K Joshi (Retd) said in the last five years Rs 88,765 crore has been invested in different infrastructure and development projects of the islands.
- Hoisting the national flag at the Netaji Stadium here, the LG said Rs.1,232 crore submarine OFC project has increased the telecom bandwidth in the islands.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology