Daily Current Affairs April 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 12| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 12
1. National Safe Motherhood Day 2022 celebrated its ____ edition?
Answer: E) 19th
- National Safe Motherhood Day is observed every year on April 11 as a day to raise awareness about adequate access to care during pregnancy, childbirth, and postnatal period.
- The day aims to work towards providing better medical facilities to pregnant or new mothers to reduce the maternal mortality rate.
- National Safe Motherhood Day 2022 marks the 19th anniversary.
- First observed in 2003 on the proposal of the White Ribbon Alliance (WRAI), an alliance of more than 1800 Non-Governmental organisations (NGO).
- The government has not announced the theme for this year officially.
2. International Day of Human Space Flight is celebrated by who among the following?
Answer: A) UNGA
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is celebrated globally on 12 April every year.
- The United Nations General Assembly marked the day in its resolution of 7 April, 2011 to honour the beginning of the space era for mankind.
- The UNGA reasserted the important contribution of space science and technology in achieving viable development goals and increasing the well-being of countries and people as well as ensuring the realisation of their longing to maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.
3. World Parkinson’s Day 2022 is annually observed on?
A) April 09
B) April 10
C) April 11
D) April 12
E) April 08
Answer: C) April 11
- World Parkinson’s disease day, observed annually on April 11.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of James Parkinson, who was the first to describe the symptom of Parkinson Diseases.
- April month Parkinson’s Awareness Month.
- “Integrated Healthcare”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 12
4. Which of the following place is the host for 2026 Commonwealth Games?
B) New South Wales
E) South Australia
Answer: D) Victoria
- The Australian state of Victoria will host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Australia most recently hosted the Games on the Gold Coast in 2018, with Melbourne hosting the 2006 The English city of Birmingham will host the 2022 edition from July 28-Aug 8, after replacing South Africa who were stripped of them in 2017 over a lack of progress in their preparations.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 12
5. RBI slaps fine on how many cooperative banks for non-compliance?
Answer: B) 4
- RBI penalties are based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the banks with their customers.
1. ₹1.50 lakh on Andarsul Urban Co-operative Bank,Andarsul,Maharashtra.
2. ₹1 lakh has been imposed on Mahesh Urban Cooperative Bank, Ahmedpur,Maharashtra.
3. ₹50,000 has been slapped on The NandedMerchant’s Cooperative Bank,Nanded.
- These banks are facing penalties for non-adherence with directions issued by the central bank on “board of directors and exposure norms & statutory/other restrictions-UCBs.
4. ₹1 lakh has been imposed on JilaSahakariKendriya Bank Maryadit,Shahdol for non-compliance with the provisions of Banking Regulation Act 1949, Depositor Education and Awareness Fund Scheme 2014, and directions on Know Your Customer.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 12
6. India’s agri-exports cross how many million dollar for the year 2021-22?
A) $ 55 mn
B) $ 45 mn
C) $ 40 mn
D) $ 35 mn
E) $ 50 mn
Answer: E) $ 50 mn
- India’s agri exports has crossed 50 billion dollar for the year 2021-22, notwithstanding logistical challenges by COVID-19 pandemic.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has scripted a new history by exporting agricultural and processed food products to the tune of 6 billion dollar, which is 51 per cent of the India’s total agriculture exports of 50 billion dollar.
- Besides, the APEDA has also surpassed its own export target of7 billion dollar for the financial year 2021-22 by registering shipments of 25.6 billion dollar.
- As per the provisional figures released by DGCI&S, the agricultural exports have grown by 92 per cent during 2021-22 to touch 50.21 billion dollar.
- The significant rise in agri-exports is seen as a testimony of the government’s commitment to enhance farmers’ income through giving thrust on boosting exports of agricultural and processed food products.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 12
7. Who among the following will receive inaugural LataDeenanathMangeshkar Award?
A) Shri Nitin Gadkari
B) Shri Jaishanker
C) Shri Amit Shah
D) Shri Narendra Modi
E) Smt Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: D) Shri Narendra Modi
- Honarable Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be honoured with the inaugural LataDeenanathMangeshkar Award.
- He is the first
- By – the Mangeshkar family.
- To mark the 80th death anniversary of Master DeenanathMangeshkar, the singing legend’s father.
- Every year to only one individual who has made path-breaking, spectacular and exemplary contributions to the nation, its people and society.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 12
8. Bharat Petroleum partners with which of the following company to drive digital transformation?
Answer: B) Microsoft
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL) has announced a seven-year partnership with Microsoft to accelerate its digital transformation and enhance customer experience.
- It will provide infrastructure as a service (IAAS), platform as a service (PAAS),network and security services on the cloud, including Azure native services on Azure Datafactory, API, IOT and analytics to fuel BPCL’s cloud transformation.
- The partnership will focus on:
- Digital Customer experience
- Digital transformation of backend operations
- Customer support
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 12
9. Indian Navy’s P-8I will participate in combined maritime operations in which of the following country?
Answer: C) Australia
- AP8I plane of the Indian Navy has reached Darwin city in Australia to participate in coordinated maritime operations such as anti-submarine warfare and surface surveillance
- The aircraft and its crew would be undertaking an operational turnaround at Darwin and during its stay the Indian Navy’s maritime patrol squadron, Albatross (INAS 312), is scheduled to engage with its counterparts from the 92 Wing of Royal Australian Air Force.
- The Indian navy will join Combined Maritime Forces in
- The Combined Maritime Forces is a multinational maritime partnership and comprises 34 member nations.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 12
10. Who among the following flagGed off First Made in India Dornier Aircraft Flight?
A) Shri Anurag Thakur
B) Shri Piyush Goyal
C) Shri Pralhad Joshi
D) Shri Raj Kumar Singh
E) Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia
Answer: E) Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia
- The Minister of Civil Aviation Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindiaand the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh Shri Pema Khandu today flagged off the first flight of Made in India HAL Dornier Do-228 in a bid to connect airports and Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) of Northeast India.
- The flight will be operational from Dibrugarh in Assam to Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh and finally to Lilabari in Assam.
- Alliance Air, a public sector airline company, had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a Central Public Sector Unit under Ministry of Defence to operate Indian made Dornier aircraft, which is called Hindustan aircraft.
- This initiative is in line with the vision of Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi “AtmaNirbhar Bharat”.
- With this, Alliance Air becomes the first commercial airline to fly Indian made aircraft for civil operations.
- The deployment of Indian made Do-228 will be done in a phased manner.
- In the first phase, 2 Hindustan aircrafts would be stationed at Dibrugarh, to connect Tezu, Pasighatand
- In the second phase of the program, connectivity to Mechuka, TutingandVijoy Nagar has been planned.
11. Mahindra Lifespace to build India’s first net-zero housing project in Bengaluru at how many cost?
A) Rs 450 crores
B) Rs 500 crores
C) Rs 550 crores
D) Rs 650 crores
E) Rs 600 crores
Answer: B) Rs 500 crores
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd, the realty arm of Mahindra Group, announced an investment of Rs 500 crore to develop India’s first net-zero energy housing project, comprising around 550 units, in Bengaluru.
- The company also announced that it will develop only net-zero housing projects from 2030 onwards, and the farm equipment-to-aerospace conglomerate will become carbon neutral by 2040, ten years ahead of the Paris Agreement targets.
- Net-zero refers to totally nullifying the quantum of greenhouse gases produced by human activity through reducing emissions and implementation of measures to absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
12. Who among the following state/UT extended ‘RaithaVidya Nidhi’ scholarship scheme to children of weavers, fishermen?
E) West Bengal
Answer: D) Karnataka
- In order to increase the literacy rate and reduce the unemployment rate in Karnataka, Chief Minister BasavarajBommai on Monday announced the extension of the ‘RaithaVidya Nidhi’ scholarship scheme for the children of weavers and fishermen families for this year as well.
- The hostel facilities will be provided for students of fishermen families to avoid any disruption in higher education to the students of weaker sections.
- Under the Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022, the state government will provide scholarships ranging from Rs 2,000 to Rs 11,000 (direct bank transfer) for the higher education of the children of farmers.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology